Search Unity

SC Post Effects Pack [Built-in/URP] - 34 additional effects

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by StaggartCreations, Jan 18, 2018.

1. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

If you're seeing this message, it means both the mentioned packages are installed. Which creates a conflict, since two post processing frameworks intended for different render pipelines are present:

If you're using URP, uninstall the "Post Processing" package. But if you're using the Built-in RP, uninstall the "Universal RP" package.

After which, you can re-open the window through Window/SC Post Effects (if it doesn't pop up again automatically). And an "Install effect scripts" button will be available.

Right now, no scripts will have been unpacked, which is why you're not seeing any effects show up in the volume list.

spikezart likes this.
  2. spikezart

spikezart

Thank you, I've done that now but I'm still seeing a different list of effects in the documentation (see attached). For example, if I search for "Kuwahara" it doesn't appear in the search or the listing below. Ive played around with vignette so I know the set up is working.

I'm probably missing something obvious here but can't see anything Ive not done in the documentation (https://staggart.xyz/unity/sc-post-effects/scpe-docs/?section=setup-using-urp-2019-3)

I am running 2020.3.3f1 by the way, I see the URL states "2019-3".

Screenshot 2022-05-18 at 09.11.45.png Screenshot 2022-05-18 at 09.17.35.png

Attached Files:

3. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

If all else fails, you can manually unpack the "Effect Scripts (URP)" package found in the SC Post Effects/Install folder.

But if this shows that there's nothing new to import, it's best to check if the console is free of any compile errors. If that's not the case, any new scripts you add to the project won't become available in a functional sense. That's a possible explanation why you're not seeing any effects show up.

I hadn't noticed the URL, but it's a remnant of older documentation content. Nowadays there's no version-specific set up required ;)

4. spikezart

spikezart

Thank you. It's currently unpacking that.

5. spikezart

spikezart

Restarted the project and saw the same error with Post Processing package requiring removal. It also required me to remove the Lightweight RP package.

When I try to reopen the project it warns of multiple errors and suggest I enter in safe mode.

When Im in the project SC Post Effects isn't shown in the menu but is in the assets with all the effects I was trying to find before.

But also the project has 777 red warnings that look similar to these below. Any suggestions gratefully received.

"
    Assets/SC Post Effects/Runtime/AmbientOcclusion2D/AmbientOcclusion2D.cs(10,46): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'PostProcessing' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine.Rendering' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

"
    and
    "
    Shader error in 'Hidden/SC Post Effects/Kuwahara': Couldn't open include file 'Packages/com.unity.postprocessing/PostProcessing/Shaders/StdLib.hlsl'. at Assets/SC Post Effects/Shaders/Pipeline/Standard.hlsl(1)

Compiling Fragment program
    Platform defines: SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS
    Disabled keywords: SHADER_API_GLES30 UNITY_ASTC_NORMALMAP_ENCODING UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_ENABLE_NATIVE_SHADOW_LOOKUPS UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR UNITY_METAL_SHADOWS_USE_POINT_FILTERING UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_PRETRANSFORM_TO_DISPLAY_ORIENTATION UNITY_VIRTUAL_TEXTURING "

6. spikezart

spikezart

If I try to re-import SC Post Effects the import window says there is nothing to import (ie everything has been imported).

7. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Which render pipeline are you intending to use exactly? In your screenshot you are using a Volume component, which suggest URP, but based on the errors you've unpacked the "Effect Scripts (Built-in RP)" packages, which contains script intended to be used with the Built-in RP and the "Post Processing" package.

If URP is the target render pipeline, unpacking the "Effect Scripts (Universal Render Pipeline)" package found in the SC Post Effects/Install folder will do the trick. After which, the effects will show up as Volume components ;)

8. spikezart

spikezart

I thought I had unpacked the URP Effects Scripts. So Ive started with a new clone of an existing project and imported SC Post Effects. Ive also unpacked the URP Effects Scripts. This caused a range of errors, here's an example:
    "
    Shader warning in 'Universal Render Pipeline/Particles/Lit': Keyword _ALPHAMODULATE_ON declared as global and local. It will be treated as local keyword.
    "
    I also go the following error:
    "If all else fails, you can manually unpack the "Effect Scripts (URP)" package found in the SC Post Effects/Installfolder."

Then I remove the post processing package and get a range of errors. One for example is:
    "
    Shader warning in 'Universal Render Pipeline/Particles/Simple Lit': implicit truncation of vector type at tests/v2dot1/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@10.8.1/Shaders/Particles/ParticlesSimpleLitForwardPass.hlsl(115) (on metal)

Compiling Fragment program with _ADDITIONAL_LIGHTS _EMISSION
    Platform defines: SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS
    Disabled keywords: FOG_EXP FOG_EXP2 FOG_LINEAR INSTANCING_ON PROCEDURAL_INSTANCING_ON SHADER_API_GLES30 UNITY_ASTC_NORMALMAP_ENCODING UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_ENABLE_NATIVE_SHADOW_LOOKUPS UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR UNITY_METAL_SHADOWS_USE_POINT_FILTERING UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_PRETRANSFORM_TO_DISPLAY_ORIENTATION UNITY_VIRTUAL_TEXTURING _ADDITIONAL_LIGHTS_VERTEX _ADDITIONAL_LIGHT_SHADOWS _ALPHAMODULATE_ON _ALPHAPREMULTIPLY_ON _ALPHATEST_ON _COLORADDSUBDIFF_ON _COLORCOLOR_ON _COLOROVERLAY_ON _DISTORTION_ON _FADING_ON _FLIPBOOKBLENDING_ON _GLOSSINESS_FROM_BASE_ALPHA _MAIN_LIGHT_SHADOWS _MAIN_LIGHT_SHADOWS_CASCADE _NORMALMAP _RECEIVE_SHADOWS_OFF _SHADOWS_SOFT _SOFTPARTICLES_ON _SPECGLOSSMAP _SPECULAR_COLOR

"

9. spikezart

spikezart

SC Post Effects says I still have the post processing package installed but as you can see Ive removed it. Am I doing something wrong?

Attached Files:

10. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

The warnings are fairly safe to ignore, these stems from Unity's URP shaders.

The Post Processing package may been installed as dependency for the "Lightweight RP" package. You can safely remove this as it no longer serves a purpose as of Unity 2019.

11. spikezart

spikezart

Thank you!

Its now working, I can see the effects.

I appreciate your support. I am very focused on objectives. Id love to have the time to learn a lot more about the depths of Unity which I feel holds me back but Im hoping to push ahead as much as possible before I have to do this.

Last edited: May 19, 2022
  12. knas01

knas01

Hi, I want to set the pixel and dither effects so they look like a specific resolution, like 480p or 320p etc. I also want this to work regardless of the set resolution or aspect ratio. How do I do that?

13. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

This isn't exactly possible at the moment, as the Pixelize effect is more of an aesthetic effect (adjust by feel). But emulation of specific (retro?) resolutions is definitely a good idea, I'll add this to my backlog! It's likely simple enough to include in the upcoming update.

14. knas01

knas01

Nice, I'll look forward to it.

15. Janoooba

Janoooba

Would you happen to have an example of getting this to work in Amplify? I can't seem to. Amplify has the same sorta custom function that accepts a file and calls a function within, but instead, when I try to use it in a shader I get these errors:

upload_2022-6-1_17-53-34.png

Edit:

I just read this now in the docs: "For the Built-in RP, this unfortunately won’t be possible due to the related shader code being entangled in an abstraction created for cross-pipeline support."

For real? We can't even get an approximation? This is incredibly disappointing to me :(

Edit:

I rebuilt the entire fog shader code in amplify so I could apply it to my particles. Crisis averted? :D

Last edited: Jun 2, 2022
  16. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

I believe in this case the shader libraries from the Post Processing package inadvertently get included in your shader, which is troublesome. As of next update this library is no longer being used, as part of larges changes. Which likely means using the Fog.hlsl library would then work for the built-in RP. But I'll make a note to verify this and update the documentation if needed.

17. Janoooba

Janoooba

Yes that did appear to be the case (Post Processing package stuff being included). I'm really happy to hear that it will likely work next update, even though I already rebuilt it in amplify. (Let me know if you'd like to take a look! It's got everything but skybox and scattering supported)

18. RavennBruh

RavennBruh

Hi, I had a question about the asset.
    Is there any plans on adding new effects?

19. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Not in the short term I'm afraid. The irony is that changes in Unity and URP versions have demanded all of the development time the past 2 years, which hasn't given much room for R&D on new effects.

20. ratking

ratking

Hallo!

Some nice effects, I like this asset a lot. I wonder about something though - I have a shader that fades an object out, via dithering, so it's done via the alpha cutoff, and the material is still opaque. The problem is that the outline effect (sobel mode) is applied to it too of course, and that means the dithering looks strange. So I wondered what my options are in this case, as I'm sure it's not easy to circumvent this.

Regards,
    ratking

21. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Yeah that's a little tricky, a most post effect relies on its inputs, so there's no differentiating between individual objects. Controlling the behavior of the outline in that particular shader, would require precise modifications to it.

22. ratking

ratking

I see that the outline post-effect can either fade out in the distance or near - would it be possible to change it so that the amount of outline is, for example, controllable via a curve (so I can fade it out both in the distance and near)?

23. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Afraid not, curves are a particular parameter type that isn't straightforward to use in shaders. It's either made internal by Unity, or not available in the built-in RP

24. ratking

ratking

Then a gradient texture maybe? Also, I use URP

25. JohnPet

JohnPet

Hello!

I was wondering if it's possible for the Sun Shafts effect to be rendered after specific shaders.

I have this huge mesh sphere as a sky, and on it a custom skybox material. The stars of the shader seem to be casting shafts, just like ordinary geometry. I have tried testing the sun caster distance, the shader's depth buffer, but doesn't seem to achieve what I want.

Is there a workaround on this, if it's possible?

26. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

I see, this can indeed happen. Practically any emissive pixels that are part of the skybox will contribute to the sun shafts effect. This also applies to any Unlit materials, placed in front of the skybox (these can't be depth-tested). There's potential to come up with something more watertight, since it should practically only concern the actual sun disk, but I'll have to look into it.

The first step in rendering process is finding the pixels to blur, you can see this visualized in the Frame Debugger:
    upload_2022-6-26_17-36-38.png

The smaller circle is the sun in the skybox, the one on the right is a 3D sphere with an emissive material (intensity=1). The sphere in this case, represents your stars, and is unwanted

The "Sky color threshold" paramater is black by default, meaning any pixels brighter than 0 will contribute to the effect. But it's something that can be used to filter out certain pixels,

Though, in the Sunshafts.cs, the ColorUsage attribute has to be added to the "sunThreshold" parameter.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. [ColorUsage(true, true)]
    2.         public ColorParameter sunThreshold = new ColorParameter { value = Color.black };
    After which, you can also filter based on HDR intensity. Your sun is likely brighter than the stars are, so if you set the color to full white, then increase the "intensity" slider until only the sun remains that should do the trick:
    upload_2022-6-26_17-40-53.png

The sunshafts will likely appear fainter, but you can play with the other parameters to offset this to some extent.

27. JohnPet

JohnPet

Thank you, I will try this.

So far, the only viable solution is to have an actual skybox texture (without the sky mesh sphere).

Of course, another solution is to render the sky mesh sphere in another camera all together, but performance issues :p ...

Thank you for taking time into this!

28. Toby31

Toby31

Just wanted to ask if there is any plan to support SC Post effects in the HDRP render pipeline? I've purchased your pack and I'm about to start a new project and trying to decide which workflow to work in as I currently know the HDRP.

29. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

No dice I'm afraid, practically speak this simply won't be viable. I'm currently on the 3rd major rework, due to structural changes being made to URP. I suspect HDRP will not make life any easier :p

30. ge01f

ge01f

Im not seeing the Sketch in my PC Build version for Built-In Renderer, but it works in the editor. I tried looking through this forum for a fix, and the internet, but couldnt find it.
    I have added it to the Always Include section, along with Fog, to ensure they are put in the build:
    always_include.PNG

Sketch works fine in the Editor:
    sketch.PNG

But is not present at all in the build. No build errors around it.

I do have a secondary camera which doesnt use Post-Processing, and doesnt have a Post-Processing layer attached to it. I read some places this was an issue, but I need this because its a First Person game, and it keeps the draw order for weapons/hands correct.

I disabled this camera, and the shader still didnt appear. So its not as simple as just having 2 active cameras at least. The second camera is also a Depth-Only camera, so would not draw on top of most of the scene, just the players hands/weapons.

Any other ideas of how to get the Sketch shader to actually work in a PC Build on Built-In Renderer?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
  31. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Ah, so this is a doozy, and involves something specific to the Built-in RP and Unity's build process. The Sketch effect relies on the Depth texture Unity renders.

Unity is likely stripping the functionality, needed to render into the depth texture, from all shaders during the build process because it deems it "unused". This can happen if you use Unlit shaders, or never use real time shadows anywhere.

If so, a workaround is to create an empty scene with a Cube in it (specifically, an object using the Standard shader) and make sure there's a shadow casting Directional Light. Then include this scene in the build list.

But the only way to know for sure is to use the Frame Debugger on a development build, and checking what's happen when the Sketch effect is rendering.

hopeful likes this.
  32. ge01f

ge01f

Thanks. I will try that. I have directional lighting and standard shaders in the current scene, but maybe it needs more coercing.

...30 minutes later...

Unfortunately, that didnt work. I went into "Shader Stripping" in Project Settings -> Graphics, and set "Instancing Variants" to "Keep All", that also didnt do anything. I also tried raising all the Stand Alone quality to Ultra, and messing with different settings there.

I verified the camera says it has Depth Texturing in the scene:
    depth_texture.PNG

I made a debugging build and went into Frame Buffer, and I saw the SC Fog working (as it does), but Sketch was not listed. Frame Buffer UX is awful, jumping all over the place every time you try to move around, but I could see other post processing effects I have (HBAO), but Sketch was no where and it didnt really list any useful information on the camera about Depth Textures or anything.

I also tried importing the DemoRooms with all the effects into the build, but no change. So then, I reversed the order to launch into the Demo in the stand-alone build. This worked!

...1 day later...

So I made your DemoRooms the starting scene, I verified that it works on stand-alone build, and then I made a scene loader to my scene and it doesnt work.

So in the editor my scene works fine, everything has the Sketch effect. But, in the build, after your DemoRooms loader scene DOES have the Sketch effect, then my scene DOESNT have the sketch effect. So this means that the Shader has to be included, or your scene wouldnt work either.

I added a debugger to pull out the current Post Processing effect information and put it into some variables I can inspect, and they all look good. The shader is there, it is enabled, it has the texture, and the intensity is correct, but it still doesnt show up.

sketch_problem_1.PNG

How do I debug this further?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2022
  33. QbAnYtO

QbAnYtO

i'm having issues getting the sunsahfts to work. I put the SunShaft Caster on the directional light i have (the sun basically) and added the sun shaft to the post processing and not working. been at this for about an hour. I got it work once, a year ago but I can't seem to get it working this time. Your website doesnt show a tutorial on how to set this up.

Can you break it down briefly here by steps?

34. Juneav

Juneav

Edit:

After getting in touch with the developer (very kind btw) he helped me to fix my issue and it is working very fine now! 5 stars asset and 5 stars support!

Take a look at the solved screenshots, beautiful.

----

Hi! Hope you are doing OK :)
    I have an issue here and hope you can help:

Im using the lens flares effect with an intensity of 1.
    In the editor in play mode, the effects looks as expected, very beautiful when looking at bright spots.
    However when I build the game, the effects looks very intense and the full range of colors in a rainbow can be seen and its super evident, see the attached screenshots. Im using deferred and linear color, HDR enabled in the built-in rendering pipeline with r11g11b10 mode, Unity 2019.4.40.f1.

Hope you can help!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2022
  35. SOL3BREAKER

SOL3BREAKER

Sunshaft made amplify imposter become transparent, how to avoid that.

36. ge01f

ge01f

Bumping this. Havent heard back in a long time. Sketch is why I bought this plugin, and Im not doing anything special with it but it isnt working. I would like this effect to work in my game in Play mode, not just the editor...

Im willing to troubleshoot to get it to work, but nothing so far has worked.

37. ratking

ratking

I just noticed that Global Density in the Screen-Space Fog is clamped between 0 and 1; any reason why? Unity's inbuilt fog allows for density above 1 and rightly so.

38. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Apologies for the late replies! I'm fairly sure thread notifications expire after a while, so I had no clue anything was posted here. Not the first time this happened :p

That's interesting. In your scene, do you add the Sketch effect to a Post Process volume through script by any chance? If this is the case, the shader used for the effect won't be included in a build.

It appears like it is not rendering at all, it would otherwise show up in the Frame Debugger.

There's a bug in the volume blending system that requires you to always override any texture parameters. This is something that only comes up in a build. If the sketch texture parameter isn't overriden, it'll most likely not render in a build.

In UI for the effect will display a warning and quick-fix button if any set up isn't correct. But this mainly boils down to the Sunshaft Caster component being present on the directional light. Just be sure the "Infinite distance" checkbox is checked (default).

This parameter mainly serves as a multiplier for the Distance and Height density combined, which are two separate aspects.

Every effect has a main "intensity" parameter, for proper volume blending functionality. For fog, the "Global density" parameter is this.

At the risk of reverting it to its default value, the name was never changed, despite it making sense!

39. ratking

ratking

I understand, but Distance Density is also clamped between 0 and 1, which makes dense fog impossible.

40. ge01f

ge01f

Amazing! This finally did it! Can you turn that on by default for people or add it to the docs so no one else has to go through that? :)

I think I spent 40 hours troubleshooting it, but I learned a lot, and now it works. So thanks!

41. svansetten

svansetten

Hi,
    I have an issue. The transitions effects appear instantly without any "animating".
    I tried all transition gradients but they all instantly give a black screen.
    When I change the "progress" bar and re-activate the volume, then the one part of the transition is displayed (for example, half of the transition.
    What could be wrong?

42. QbAnYtO

QbAnYtO

Hello, so I’m using the cloud shadows and it keeps flickering bad with camera movement. Any idea how to fix this?

43. svansetten

svansetten

Example picture of the issue..
    When I activate the post processing volume, it displays this and nothing changes further.

Attached Files:

44. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

That is essentially correct, the "progress" parameter controls the visual aspect of the effect. Though any kind of parameter animations have to be done through custom scripting. Volume components only store settings, but aren't able to the same things as a MonoBehaviour can. You can find some example for scripting parameter behaviors here.

For reference, the example video for the effect as shown in the documentation was recorded using this script:

Code (CSharp):
    1. using SCPE;
    2. using System.Collections;
    3. using System.Collections.Generic;
    4. using UnityEngine;
    5. using UnityEngine.Rendering.PostProcessing;
    7. public class TransitionDemo : MonoBehaviour
    8. {
    9.     public LayerMask layer;
    10.     public Texture2D[] gradients;
    11.     SCPE.Transition effect;
    12.     public PostProcessVolume m_Volume;
    14.     public float fadeTime = 1.5f;
    15.     public float rotationSpeed = 2f;
    16.     public int texIndex;
    17.     public bool fadeOut;
    19.     [Range(0f, 1f)]
    20.     public float progress;
    22.     private void OnEnable()
    23.     {
    24.         effect = ScriptableObject.CreateInstance<Transition>();
    25.         effect.enabled.Override(true);
    26.         effect.enabled.value = true;
    27.         effect.progress.overrideState = true;
    28.         effect.gradientTex.overrideState = true;
    29.         effect.gradientTex.value = gradients[0];
    31.         m_Volume = PostProcessManager.instance.QuickVolume(this.gameObject.layer, 100f, effect);
    32.         m_Volume.weight = 1f;
    33.         m_Volume.isGlobal = true;
    35.     }
    37.     [ContextMenu("START")]
    38.     public void StartCycling()
    39.     {
    40.         StartCoroutine(AutoCycle());
    41.     }
    43.     void Update()
    44.     {
    45.         //when screen in black
    46.         if (fadeOut)
    47.         {
    48.             progress -= (fadeTime * Time.deltaTime);
    49.         }
    50.         if (!fadeOut)
    51.         {
    52.             progress += (fadeTime * Time.deltaTime);
    54.         }
    55.         progress = Mathf.Clamp01(progress);
    57.         effect.progress.value = progress;
    58.     }
    60.     public void FadeToClear()
    61.     {
    62.         fadeOut = false;
    63.     }
    66.     public void FadeToBlack()
    67.     {
    68.         fadeOut = true;
    69.     }
    71.     IEnumerator Switch()
    72.     {
    73.         FadeToBlack();
    75.         yield return new WaitForSeconds(fadeTime);   //Wait
    77.         SwitchTexture();
    79.         FadeToClear();
    80.     }
    82.     private void SwitchTexture()
    83.     {
    84.         texIndex++;
    85.         if (texIndex == gradients.Length) texIndex = 0;
    87.         effect.gradientTex.value = gradients[texIndex];
    88.     }
    90.     public IEnumerator AutoCycle()
    91.     {
    92.         StartCoroutine(Switch());
    94.         SwitchTexture();
    96.         yield return new WaitForSeconds(rotationSpeed + (fadeTime * 2));
    98.         StartCoroutine(AutoCycle());
    99.     }
    101.     void OnDestroy()
    102.     {
    103.         RuntimeUtilities.DestroyVolume(m_Volume, true, true);
    104.     }
    105. }
    That's certainly unintended. Does any change in effect/camera settings make a difference?

45. svansetten

svansetten

Hmm sorry I didn't know that coding was needed for this asset. I'm not a coder :(
    I'm using Game Creator for my projects, is there any way to make it work with that?

46. QbAnYtO

QbAnYtO

47. svansetten

svansetten

I just looked at the asset in the asset store but I can't anything on requirement on coding to use this asset.
    How can I activate the script that you referenced to in a Unity scene?

48. spikezart

spikezart

Hi, I have set up SC Post Effects and can see the selected effects in the edit window but none in the play view. I'm wondering if there is a troubleshooting process to figure out what is missing?

Asset version 2.2.0
    Unity 2020.3.31f1
    MacOS
    URP 10.8.1
    SPR Volume System installed with URP
    Effect scripts and shaders (2.2.0) installed and up to date

thanks

49. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Scripting definitely isn't required to use the effects as intended. Though any kind of custom behaviour, like animating parameters or toggling an effect based on gameplay, always required scripting because they're so project specific. I'd argue that applies to most aspects of game dev.

I believe you know more about Game Creator than I do, so I'm afraid I couldn't tell you what's possible or not.

It could simply be that post processing is disabled on the main camera. There's a few things that you could check, outlined here, that can make the difference.

50. ge01f

ge01f

I finally got the Sketch working properly in editor and build, and decided to upgrade to URP. The effect is working properly everywhere, except it's ignoring the Microsplat terrain area, which has a terrain collider on it.

Video of the issue:

Do you have any guidance on this?