Search Unity

SC Post Effects Pack [Built-in/URP] - 34 additional effects

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by StaggartCreations, Jan 18, 2018.

1. zfh2773

zfh2773

Does it support URP 2D renderer?

2. jukibom

jukibom

Is there anything special needed to enable regular multi-pass rendering with PP fog (not height)? This is using OpenXR, XR plugin 4.0.5 / URP 11.0.0 (tested both local volume and global).

Edit: My apologies! This was because adding the XR rig copied my main camera (WHY) and included the camera stack for UI drawing. Removing that from the stack resolved the issue, leaving this here for others :D

upload_2021-5-25_15-17-12.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 25, 2021
  3. Artini

Artini

Thanks a lot for the answer. I have to double check, but probably uNode was the reason:
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/visual-scripting/unode-visual-scripting-101176
    After I deleted uNode from the project, the loading time for the other package from Unity Asset store was quicker to load.
    I think, it is time for me to skip all this visual madness and learn myself, how to write scripts in C#.
    By the way, my recent projects take around 60 GB on the disk.

Last edited: May 26, 2021
  4. transporter_gate_studios

transporter_gate_studios

does any know how to copy the depth buffer the of base camera through a render feature so that it can be injected before the overlay camera? I'd like to put my skybox stuff on the base camera but because of the depth problem, i have the skybox stuff on an overlay camera using a stencil and all my transparents dont render. i guess im just not understanding why transparents dont render in the overlay camera. Hopefully its not something in these post effects im using.

5. QbAnYtO

QbAnYtO

what could cause the problem where caustics no longer resizes? I for some random reason, cannot change the size of the caustics. I used to have the ability, but literally from one hour to the other, when I change the caustic size, not changes happened. this happened when I try adding ANOTHER caustic post process effect at the same time as the first one. does adding two of them cause this bug?

Update: actually seems the Luminosity threshold broke too. any ideas?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
  6. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Very likely, only one instance of a render feature should added to any given renderer.

7. QbAnYtO

QbAnYtO

Yes I realize that after I posted my message. I could just switch back-and-forth the two that I’m using since I thankfully don’t have to use them at the same time.

Also, any chance of making the parameters public? Like the visibility, fade distances etc? I use playmaker and with this particular effect, I can only enable it or change the weight. But changing the weight makes the caustics randomize and expand instead of fading it in and out like all the other post effects. Is this a bug?

8. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

The parameters are public, though volume parameters aren't usual data types, but rather something like FloatParameter and TextureParameter, so that's likely why they aren't showing in PM. Afaik this requires to create an adapter script, for every specific parameter.

The way volumes work, is when a volume blends out, it will blend to the settings of any volume with a lower priority. If there isn't one, it will blend to the default settings of a parameter. Something like "Intensity" will blend to 0, but "Size" may be 0.5 so will causes rapid movement.

The way around this is to create a "Base" profile and override/configure settings like Size, Speed and the height range on it. Then create another profile that overrides the Intensity value only. If you decrease the weight of this volume, it will only blend the intensity to 0, but keeps all the other settings from the Base volume.

9. QbAnYtO

QbAnYtO

Oh ok. I understand now. Learn something new everyday :) thanks bro!
    This asset is pretty jam packed man. I was gonna ask if you’ll be adding any more effects but I can’t think of any lmao! There so many in here. And when I combine them, I get some very nice effects and visual styles.

10. Black_Raptor

Black_Raptor

Hi ! i Got a lot of error with the version 2.1.7 on unity LTS2020.3 and URP 10.3.2 :
    https://gyazo.com/eec91bac7d56efa68ffba95c755cc679

I saw in the documentation you said " This happens when you have both the URP and Post Processing packages installed, and manually unpacked the _URP_VolumeSystem package. When using both these packages, the URP specific code should not be used. To remedy this, re-import the asset from the asset store to revert it to the its original configuration."

But i strictly don't understand what do you mean by " re-import the asset from the asset store to revert it to the its original configuration. " when i do that he don't instal the urp version so i have to re instal the urp and get those error again

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
  11. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Starting from Unity 2020.1, you can longer use the post processing package with URP. If you uninstall the Post Processing package, the errors will automatically clear and you won't need any further set up. Typically, the _URP_VolumeSystem package never has to be unpacked manually, if its required an installer window will pop up.

12. Black_Raptor

Black_Raptor

I have uninstall the Post Processing package from the package manager and re-import SC Post Effect :
    https://gyazo.com/5f11527f1212fe04937bfe4d9b8f8dff
    This what i got he ask me to re install the post processing package + he detect built in renderer, but i use URP so ...

13. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Thanks for the screenshot. This can't be right though, these things are detected based on if the package is installed or not. Did you by any chance delete the included assembly definitions (.asmdef files) or skip importing them? Are you sure URP is installed?

Should look like this:
    upload_2021-6-21_20-16-43.png

14. Black_Raptor

Black_Raptor

I fix my problem, i forgot the things i use custom package and this custom package have URP in dependencies, so URP was installed, but not register in project asset

15. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

I see, that makes sense! If you need to install URP as a non-package, you can add URP;URP_9_0_OR_NEWER;URP_10_0_OR_NEWER as scripting define symbols to the Player settings, this will have the same effect

Black_Raptor likes this.
  16. transporter_gate_studios

transporter_gate_studios

is there way to have the screen space fog cover the surface the of stylized water rather than the objects below it?

this is an example after unchecking "skip transparents"

17. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

18. transporter_gate_studios

transporter_gate_studios

Yeah when i run that i get this error and the material goes pink:

Shader error in 'Universal Render Pipeline/FX/Stylized Water 2': unrecognized identifier 'DECLARE_TEX' at Effects/Runtime/Fog/Fog.hlsl(14) (on d3d11)
    Compiling Vertex program
    Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING
    Disabled keywords: UNDERWATER_ENABLED _MAIN_LIGHT_SHADOWS _MAIN_LIGHT_SHADOWS_CASCADE _ADDITIONAL_LIGHTS_VERTEX _ADDITIONAL_LIGHTS _SHADOWS_SOFT INSTANCING_ON _NORMALMAP _DISTANCE_NORMALS _WAVES _FOAM _UNLIT _TRANSLUCENCY _CAUSTICS _REFRACTION _ADVANCED_SHADING _FLAT_SHADING _SPECULARHIGHLIGHTS_OFF _ENVIRONMENTREFLECTIONS_OFF _RECEIVE_SHADOWS_OFF _DISABLE_DEPTH_TEX _SHARP_INERSECTION _SMOOTH_INTERSECTION _RIVER UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_ENABLE_NATIVE_SHADOW_LOOKUPS UNITY_METAL_SHADOWS_USE_POINT_FILTERING UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR UNITY_VIRTUAL_TEXTURING UNITY_PRETRANSFORM_TO_DISPLAY_ORIENTATION UNITY_ASTC_NORMALMAP_ENCODING SHADER_API_GLES30

19. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Crud, I looked into and this particularly needs a fix. I'll DM you the modified file

20. transporter_gate_studios

transporter_gate_studios

Thanks for that fix BTW. Also, is there another method used for getting an SCPE effect other than TryGet<>()?

If I do this:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. GlobalPPVol.profile.TryGet<TransitionRenderer>(out WaterTransition);
    I get an error
    error CS0311: The type 'SCPE.TransitionRenderer' cannot be used as type parameter 'T' in the generic type or method 'VolumeProfile.TryGet<T>(out T)'. There is no implicit reference conversion from 'SCPE.TransitionRenderer' to 'UnityEngine.Rendering.VolumeComponent'.

21. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

The xxxRenderer classes only contain rendering code. Transition (just the effect name) would be the VolumeComponent, containing the settings. This is what you can get/add to a volume profile.

22. transporter_gate_studios

transporter_gate_studios

23. Bwacky

Bwacky

Hey @StaggartCreations , can you tell me if there is some sort of camera effect that could help me simulate a radar-like visual for my minimap cameras? I was looking to create something similar to this for example:
    Frankly, even just having all my objects rendered with simple edges only would be great already. Is there any effect in SCPEP to achieve something even similar?

24. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

If all the objects on the minimap layer are basic grey/white materials, you can use the Colorize effect to remap the colors to a gradient texture (could just be entirely blue), or play with the built-in color grading effect. For the edges, Edge Detection will likely provide good results.

25. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

26. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

27. Minzie

Minzie

28. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

29. manchinolik

manchinolik

Unity crash when importing PostEffectRender.cs. Unity 2021.1.13f1, SC last version, URP Project. Thanks!

Attached Files:

30. manchinolik

manchinolik

Any help?

31. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

If you could post the crash message from the editor log that would be most helpful to track down the cause! You can find it in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Unity\Editor\Editor.log

32. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Submitted v2.1.8. Review times are currently longer than usual, so may be some time before it goes up.

Added:
    - Support for the URP 2D Renderer in Unity 2021.2.0b1+. Effects that depend on 3D information remain nonfunctional.
    upload_2021-7-13_17-30-28.png

- (URP) Edge Detection and Hue Shift 3D now have the option to use the integrated depth-normals texture (higher quality, but slower)
    upload_2021-7-13_17-30-55.png

Changed:
    - Starting from Unity 2021.2.0b1 (URP 12), effects no longer require to copy the screen contents (except for 2D). Halves the performance impact for most effects.
    - Retired support for the Lightweight Render Pipeline
    - For effects that use a texture, a default texture is now assigned when first adding it.
    - Improved directional fog color, will appear to be more stable as the camera rotates around the light's axis.

Fixed:
    - Gradient effect displaying incorrect colors in Linear color space
    - (URP) Fog directional color not respecting HDR values

Lars-Steenhoff, jukibom and MP-ul like this.
  33. manchinolik

manchinolik

Hi! I tried to update to unity 2021.1.15f1 but it still crashing. Editor.log =>

Attached Files:

34. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Thanks for the editor logs, it's very insightful! Looks like everything compiles correctly but the editor seems to crash after everything is done. If I had to make an educated guess, I have an idea what mays cause this when looking at the script. Though I'll have to try and reproduce the crash in order to test if a change makes a difference.

Based on the log, it seems you've imported the asset into a URP project, and ran the installer to unpack all the URP-related scripts, is that correct?

35. manchinolik

manchinolik

Yes, after import asset from package manager it show me the menu and then I click Install in Installation menu tab and unity crashing after import PostEffectRender.cs. (Empty unity URP project). But now I tried to delete the folder with the asset and re-import it. Everything went well. Thanks!

StaggartCreations likes this.
  36. MOBILIN

MOBILIN

I am using Unity 2020.3.14f1 with Built-In RP.
    When I enter in SpeedLinesVolume, AssertioinException occurrs as follows:

AssertionException: Assertion failure. Values are not equal.
    Expected: 512 == 1024
    UnityEngine.Assertions.Assert.Fail (System.String message, System.String userMessage) (at <cfc1ad890650411e946cff2e6f276711>:0)
    UnityEngine.Assertions.Assert.AreEqual[T] (T expected, T actual, System.String message, System.Collections.Generic.IEqualityComparer`1[T] comparer) (at <cfc1ad890650411e946cff2e6f276711>:0)
    UnityEngine.Assertions.Assert.AreEqual[T] (T expected, T actual, System.String message) (at <cfc1ad890650411e946cff2e6f276711>:0)
    UnityEngine.Assertions.Assert.AreEqual (System.Int32 expected, System.Int32 actual) (at <cfc1ad890650411e946cff2e6f276711>:0)
    UnityEngine.Rendering.PostProcessing.TextureLerper.Lerp (UnityEngine.Texture from, UnityEngine.Texture to, System.Single t) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.postprocessing@3.1.1/PostProcessing/Runtime/Utils/TextureLerper.cs:104)
    UnityEngine.Rendering.PostProcessing.TextureParameter.Interp (UnityEngine.Texture from, UnityEngine.Texture to, System.Single t) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.postprocessing@3.1.1/PostProcessing/Runtime/ParameterOverride.cs:568)
    UnityEngine.Rendering.PostProcessing.ParameterOverride`1[T].Interp (UnityEngine.Rendering.PostProcessing.ParameterOverride from, UnityEngine.Rendering.PostProcessing.ParameterOverride to, System.Single t) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.postprocessing@3.1.1/PostProcessing/Runtime/ParameterOverride.cs:121)
    UnityEngine.Rendering.PostProcessing.PostProcessLayer.OverrideSettings (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] baseSettings, System.Single interpFactor) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.postprocessing@3.1.1/PostProcessing/Runtime/PostProcessLayer.cs:771)

37. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

This will happen when you override a texture parameter on an effect on two (or more) volumes, but they're of a different resolution. Overriding a texture parameter, with nothing assigned, but another volume does have a texture, will also do this.

The TextureLerper function in the post-processing package spews this error when it's trying to blend the two. Technically it should still work, but it seems to have been a deliberate choice to thrown an assert error about this.

38. kenzen0

kenzen0

Unity
    2020.3.13f1

I prepared a new project with Unity 2020.3.13f1. 1.

Installed SC Post Effects. 2.
    2. Installed PostProcessing which is "Not installed" in the installer that came up.
    (This installation will force Unity to close once).
    3. Start Unity and install "_DemoContent", "_Samples", and "_URP_VolumeSystem".
    4. SCEPDemo does not display correctly.
    SnapCrab_NoName_2021-7-27_14-20-18_No-00.png SnapCrab_NoName_2021-7-27_14-20-26_No-00.png

39. Reivax41

Reivax41

Hello!

Is there a way to make Depth Normal based post-processing work with Unlit Shader Graph?
    I tried to create my own normal depth pass with the render feature, It's works with blit command but not with the post processing...

I am using Unity 2020.3.15f2.

40. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

On the render feature, disabling this option will have the effect use the depth normals texture generated by URP's prepass. But either option will work.
    upload_2021-8-3_10-14-49.png

It may be that URP 10 in 2020.3 doesn't have support for writing to the depth/normals texture for Unlit shaders, in which case the effect would appear to render through them.

41. kenzen0

kenzen0

I'm getting an error during installation and Unity itself is force closing.
    This error occurs every time.
    I asked someone I know to try it as well, but he still got the error.

I'm wondering if this error is also the cause.

42. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

The demo scenes package only supports the post-processing package, so this unfortunately excludes URP usage.

I've manage to reproduce a crash when installing in a fresh project (or deleting the Library folder). The error that's related to a crash seems to stem from low level engine code, not sure why. Though when opening up Unity again everything is fine. I don't think a crash is acceptable though, so I'm looking into the root of the cause. It's unfortunately a long winded road of trial and error on my end. If you'd like, you can DM me and I'll send you a package with the only the URP contents preloaded.

43. kenzen0

kenzen0

Thank you.
    I've confirmed that it doesn't work properly in a new "post-processing" project without URP.
    I sent you a DM on Twitter.
    I'm sorry, but I'd like to have a sample project.

44. kenzen0

kenzen0

Thanks for the sample project!
    Are there any samples that I can see in URP, or in Git, etc.?
    I'm not very good at English, so I'd like to learn from actual samples.

45. transporter_gate_studios

transporter_gate_studios

After updating to the lastest version today, my entire forward renderer got wrecked. all renderer features went "missing" including my own custom features that i wrote. I restarted Unity the problem persisted, tons of errors flooding the log. Luckily, i had a back of the old SC post effects folder and deleted the updated one so i could replace it with the old. After starting the project all is back to normal. With that, I wont be updating this asset any more. That scared me a lot.

46. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

I had this when using unity 2021.9 beta and I think it may be because unity changed something.
    Just a heads up, I know beta versions are not supported.

Screenshot 2021-08-29 at 18.03.09.png

47. transporter_gate_studios

transporter_gate_studios

This happened to me on 2020 LTS

48. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

I wonder if its possible to add a bit of unevenness to the outlines? so that I can mimick this kind of style?

C4872A51-9CB3-4B9D-8A34-C098D9D38E47.jpeg

49. transporter_gate_studios

transporter_gate_studios

if a shader is not getting fog, is that because it is not writing to the depth texture?

50. sacb0y

sacb0y

Also got this error