Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.4 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Saving shaders new color.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by SamohtVII, May 4, 2019.

1. SamohtVII

SamohtVII

I have a car that is a prefab and have this code to change the car color in the garage...

Code (CSharp):
    1. public static Vector4 hexColor(float r, float g, float b, float a){
    2.          Vector4 color = new Vector4(r/255, g/255, b/255, a/255);
    3.          return color;
    4.      }
    6.     public void chageTheCarColor(string stats) {
    7.         Color newColor = hexColor(int.Parse(stats.Substring(0,3)), int.Parse(stats.Substring(3,3)), int.Parse(stats.Substring(6,3)), 255);
    8.         theCar[currentCar].GetComponent<Transform>().GetChild(1).GetComponent<Renderer>().material.SetColor("_Color", newColor);
    9.     }
    That works fine and changes the color in the garage. How can I make the shader remember the new color permanently? As soon as I load the next level and leave the garage the old shader color is back. Do I need to run a line of code to resave the shader or prefab? Or do I save the car color as a playerpref and set the color at the start of each scene load?

Thanks.

unityunity