Search Unity

Saving projects and stuff...

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by Durghan, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Durghan

Durghan

Okay, I'm super brand new to Unity but have 30 years experience with computers so this is turning out to be very frustrating to me.

I'm doing this The Explorer : 3D Game Kit tutorial and I'm having a hell of a time understanding how saving works. Why is it that I can ONLY save this project to this path;

C:\Users\dwils\AppData\Local\Temp\3df5b25fa208cc647bf238afc4461ecb\Assets

Clicking File -> Save Project doesn't even seem to do anything and clicking Save As will only let me save a new file name in the same location. How do I move all the project files somewhere else so that everything isn't wiped out if I decide to empty that temp folder?

Thanks.

2. JacekMackiewicz

JacekMackiewicz

Unity Technologies

Hey Durghan,

Until you attempt to close the project, Unity will only save the contents into a temp folder. This is due to the way Learn Projects function within the Unity Hub, and how they allow the user to restart progress at any point.
    When you attempt to close the Editor at any time, you'll receive a pop-up asking if you want to "keep" or "forget" the project, depending on if you want to keep working on it or get rid of all the files.
    If you select the "keep" option, you'll be able to save the project anywhere you want and access it like any other project from within the Unity Hub.

akarich73 and Durghan like this.