Search Unity

Bug Saved PlayerPrefs data gone with each editor restart

Discussion in 'Linux' started by LukaKotar, Sep 17, 2015.

1. LukaKotar

LukaKotar

PlayerPrefs seem to be correctly saved to ~/.config/unity3d/[company]/[product]. Once the editor is closed and re-opened, the PlayerPrefs data is gone (but the file remains intact). (By "gone" I mean that PlayerPrefs.HasKey("Key") returns false if the key wasn't saved in the current editor session.)

(EditorPrefs works correctly though)

2. Chaoseiro

Chaoseiro

Also happening here...
    Including Editor.log and Editor-prev.log.

(My 2c: maybe the prefs file is created using "> prefs", thus being recreated every time the editor opens?)

Attached Files:

3. masterchop

masterchop

How can we fix this?? Its really annoying i cant move forward on my project.
    sometimes works fine and sometimes is not working as expected, there must be a way to really save stuff, it happens with all type of objects.

4. NathanWarden

NathanWarden

You can use the System.IO namespace to be able to use File.WriteAllText and File.ReadAllText. Or you can learn the System.Xml stuff if you want to save in Xml.

In the long term this is probably a better option anyway if you plan on making games on Steam that can use Steam Cloud.

Just my 2c.

5. biscuitseed

biscuitseed

This still happens - anyone got a temporary fix? Not too annoying of an issue, but a bit tedious nonetheless.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  6. rayfung_unity

rayfung_unity

Still happens on Unity 2017.4.9f1 (Linux Editor).............

7. AmbOcclusion

AmbOcclusion

EditorPrefs and PlayerPrefs are broken for me in 2018.2.17f1 on Linux. Surprised this is going on for so many years...

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018