Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Save Sizes

Discussion in 'Cloud Save' started by EFFalcon2, Oct 29, 2021.

1. EFFalcon2

EFFalcon2

Are there plans to expand the options for cloud save size/slots?
    It appears you can have a combined 200KB of data per person, but its limited on a per slot basis.

I'm thinking along the lines of saving arrays of items which would exceed the size of a single 1KB slot.

2. StevenStip-Unity

StevenStip-Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi,

We currently are in beta which means that we are hoping to learn and verify our assumptions on this. The number of available slots and slot size is one of the topics we're hoping to verify sooner. So thanks for your question on this topic.

Would you be able to provide a bit more detail on what kind of data you would store and how large the slots would need to be so it works for you?

3. StevenStip-Unity

StevenStip-Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi EFFalcon2, I wanted to follow up on this. We have now increased the (200) slot size to 16kb. It sounds to me like this would be better suited to the example you mentioned but if it is not then please let us know.

SebT_Unity likes this.
  4. rpuls

rpuls

Hi there! I'm running into a "CloudSaveException: Batch size exceeded the limit", and I am only trying to save a object that is 1404 bytes when using the API function:
    CloudSaveService.Instance.Data.ForceSaveAsync(AllPlayerData);

This surprises me a bit, because it's a very simple datamodel with not that many data points my project is following, so I would expect it to grow even bigger in the future.

It's actually blocking my progress right now, so I was wondering if there's anything I can do about it - any workaround? and if there's plans to change this batch size limit?

What's the limit actually? Couldn't find it here: https://docs.unity.com/cloud-save/cloudsaveAPI.html#ForceSaveAsync

Cheers!

5. MileyUnity

MileyUnity

Hey there, I think I may know what's going one, can you confirm the amount of keys that are in your `AllPlayerData` object?

If it's greater than 20 then there's currently an unfortunate bug where the data doesn't get batched into sets of 20 when being sent to the server (the batching/pagination does work when retrieving data from the server) and would have to be split up in a way that each `ForceSaveAsync` call sends only 20 keys per invocation.

6. rpuls

rpuls

Hi, thanks for the quick response, yes there were indeed more than 20. 21 to be exact.
    I changed my cloud save service to only save mutated values and save more frequently, which solves the problem for now

And since you call it a bug, I assume that in the future I would not have to worry about this limitation ?

7. MileyUnity

MileyUnity

Yes, it's on our backlog to resolve this issue :)

rpuls likes this.