Search Unity

Save Sea Turtles!

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Thinice, May 31, 2012.

1. Thinice

Thinice

Hi,

"Save Sea Turtles!" it's a game I'm developing for Android devices using Unity for the first time. I've been learning Unity for the last months and after several prototypes I wanted to go and make a complete game :D

This is still in WIP but it's gaining momentum now so I decided to share it here to see what you guys think of it.

The player has to help the baby sea turtles reach the safe water! But there are some enemies ahead which are going to try to stop eat them! Those are crabs for now, but I'm still deciding if I should put seagulls as well; it may turn the game too difficult... we'll see. Oh, and you get extra points if you pick up the sea stars along your way to the sea! ;)

Today I uploaded the first gameplay video, you can have a look at it here:

Sorry for the shaky camera, used a smartphone to record with one hand while I was playing with the other hand... (how do you guys record gameplay videos on actual devices?) - Shown device is an ASUS Transformer TF101 tablet, I'm working at full resolution (800x1280) and I'll downscale adapt the game afterwards to the most used phone resolutions (Android only for now).

If you are still interested after watching the video, there is some more material on my blog.

Thanks for reading!

2. Torsh

Torsh

Looks simple and fun, like a game should be. :)

3. Thinice

Thinice

@Torsh Thanks for your comment, glad you like it! :)

I've been working on adding sound effects, music, a "How To Play" screen, AND a new enemy: Seagulls! - They indeed make the game a tad more difficult but ALSO funnier... so they are going to make it to the final release.

Seagulls appear from time to time and cross the screen flying above everything; if any of the turtles are in the path of the seagull, they will get carried away :(

There is an icon that warns the player when a seagull is coming, and the seagull follows a path that is represented visually so the player can move any turtle away from that path.

Here is an image that shows the seagull and its path:

$SST_06182012.jpg

I'll see if I can put up a new gameplay video to show these new features.

Thanks for reading!

4. Thinice

Thinice

Hi again!

I've finally recorded a new gameplay video showing the new features, please have a look share your opinion.

Thanks for watching! :)

5. Thinice

Thinice

6. ATNEDev

ATNEDev

Is that 3D?

7. Thinice

Thinice

@ATNEDev Nope, everything is 2D except for the beachball which is indeed 3D.