Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.1 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for feedback on the experimental Unity Safe Mode which is aiming to help you resolve compilation errors faster during project startup.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Save scene, pasting on login screen, Sync MonoDevelop Project, autocomplete on MonoDev

Discussion in 'Linux Editor' started by RedKarma, Sep 23, 2015.

1. RedKarma

RedKarma

I haven't used Unity in a while, mostly because I didn't want to re-install Windows 8.1 and all my development tools, so some of these might be noobness-induced.

1: I think I've seen this posted before, but I'll mention it just in case: I can't paste my password on login.

2: When saving the scene, I get a few errors in the console, but the scene does in fact gets saved.
    Of course they can't just all be selected and copied, so here they are copied one-by-one:
    !relativePath.empty ()
    !pathName.empty ()
    Failed to save scene .
    '' does not exist
    The path has no spaces, nor special characters.

3: Sync MonoDevelop Project completely messes up the IDE and gives a nice error box. (I opted to send the report)
    Closing and reopening fixes it.

4: Whenever I move in the autocomplete window, it becomes black. It only happens when I move, not when it automatically moves/refreshes while typing. Quite annoying, but frankly MonoDevelop was giving my plenty of issues back on Windows, so I wasn't even surprised. Even though MD is supposed to be Linux compatible already. :/

2. baj00

baj00

If it is of any help, I find the "non-unity" monodevelop to be more stable and with no errors. The downside is that you cant debug (didn't try that much)

unityunity