Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Save Scene option doesn't exist

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Sadzaki, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Sadzaki

Sadzaki

Hi guys im trying to follow a tutorial as I'm new to this and it requires you to save scene. I dont have a save scene option. Does anyone know why this is?

2. Peter77

Peter77

In older Unity versions it was, from the main menu, "File > Save Scene". In more recent Unity versions it's called "File > Save". If that's what you're asking about.

Sadzaki likes this.
  3. Sadzaki

Sadzaki

U

Thank you that makes sense. Im a complete newbie trying to teach myself. Im now trying to build for android but i get this error when i try to save it somewhere:

UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: Error building Player because scripts have compile errors in the editor
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+DefaultBuildMethods.BuildPlayer (UnityEditor.BuildPlayerOptions options) [0x00234] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:190
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.CallBuildMethods (System.Boolean askForBuildLocation, UnityEditor.BuildOptions defaultBuildOptions) [0x0007f] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:96
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Please help, thank you!

4. Peter77

Peter77

https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-developer-network-rules.151494/

Please create a new thread for that build problem, as it's not about "Save Scene" anymore. I also know that this issue came up several times recently, so just browsing the forum or using the Search functionality might already lead you to a solution.

The Android sub-forum might also be a good option to post android related issues.

Sadzaki likes this.