Search Unity

Save Scene option doesn't exist

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Sadzaki, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Sadzaki

Sadzaki

Hi guys im trying to follow a tutorial as I'm new to this and it requires you to save scene. I dont have a save scene option. Does anyone know why this is?

2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

In older Unity versions it was, from the main menu, "File > Save Scene". In more recent Unity versions it's called "File > Save". If that's what you're asking about.

Sadzaki likes this.
  3. Sadzaki

Sadzaki

U

Thank you that makes sense. Im a complete newbie trying to teach myself. Im now trying to build for android but i get this error when i try to save it somewhere:

UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: Error building Player because scripts have compile errors in the editor
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+DefaultBuildMethods.BuildPlayer (UnityEditor.BuildPlayerOptions options) [0x00234] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:190
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.CallBuildMethods (System.Boolean askForBuildLocation, UnityEditor.BuildOptions defaultBuildOptions) [0x0007f] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:96
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Please help, thank you!

4. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-developer-network-rules.151494/

Please create a new thread for that build problem, as it's not about "Save Scene" anymore. I also know that this issue came up several times recently, so just browsing the forum or using the Search functionality might already lead you to a solution.

The Android sub-forum might also be a good option to post android related issues.

Sadzaki likes this.
  5. NickyNapalm

NickyNapalm

In case anyone still needs to know, right click the name of the scene at the top of the 'Heirarchy' tab and click Save Scene As, then save it in the Scenes folder inside the project folder. It's probably called SampleScene. Then you can name it whatever you want. Once you have a duplicate in the scenes folder just delete the original.

Xebiq likes this.