Search Unity

Save Live Motion Tracking Data

Discussion in 'Animation' started by moliminous, Sep 18, 2017.

1. moliminous

moliminous

Hi there pretty much new to unity, while I've used it before for some motion tracking games i developed back in the day, i haven't really cracked hardcore into the animation side.
    I recently have a full motion capture set up for real time, body and face tracking. This is all done in real time, but i have to run the game scenario to do it. is there some way to record the actions done in this play mode, to a time line, for fine tuning of subtle animation issues that may occur, or for changing camera angles?
    Thank you for any help!

2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

All my experience with mocap has been fed directly into motion builder where the raw data is captured real time and can be edited compressed into a managable format/size before cleaed and imported into a game engine.

3. TonyLi

TonyLi

Since you're posting on the Unity forums, I'll point you to Cinema Mocap, which runs right inside the Unity editor. There are non-Unity solutions (such as iPi) that can capture a wider range of motion, but for convenience it's hard to beat Cinema Mocap. It can save your motion as an animation file that you can then fine-tune. It's also on sale this week at a deep discount.

4. moliminous

moliminous

Sadly that looks like it's only for kinect, which i have but i use that strictly for face capture. i use perception neuron for body capture.

5. alexchandriyaa

alexchandriyaa

i have the same doubt how can i record real time object(not only for object all targets) tracking in unity??

6. jilt

jilt