Search Unity

Question save increments of data

Discussion in 'Cloud Save' started by Jontac, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Jontac

Jontac

Is it possible to us cloud save to only save part of the data as not to be forced to save unnecessary that has already been added before or data that is more like a registry of scores?

2. MileyUnity

MileyUnity

If you mean updating a single key (or a small subset of keys) with its data without sending all other keys along with each save request, yes, that's fully supported and how the system is setup to work :). Each call essentially either adds or updates the keys provided in the call and leaves the rest alone

Last edited: Aug 16, 2022
    Jontac likes this.
  3. djirving82

djirving82

I'm having an issue with this. I believe Jontac meant to ask if it's possible to save a single data point in the value of a key without supplying all the data points in the value for that key. (For example: I have a key whos value contains an int and a float. I'd like to update the float without also supplying the int in the call.) I just realized that the answer to this is no, and I am now faced with many hours of rewriting code or sending much larger amounts of data than necessary with each call :(

Jontac likes this.
  4. Jontac

Jontac

Thanks Miley! :)