Search Unity

Save Game Pro - Gold Update

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by hasanbayat, Nov 3, 2017.

1. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

Hi, please contact me via email for faster replies, as I don't get notifications about this forum, so sorry about the delay.
    Yes, you can make it human-readable by changing the serialization format to JSON and on the server side, when you want to read that data, use Base64 Decoding to get the JSON string.

Thanks.

2. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

Hi, oh sorry, that's my fault, you should use the below command to install it via NPM:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. npm install @bayatgames/node-savegamepro-mongodb --save
    Also, the further errors you have posted, shows you are using older Node.js version, I recommend you to update to latest version to prevent errors and problems.
    Thanks.

3. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

Hi, it is my fault, I forgot to update that hard-coded version string, and it is because of high-load of requests, so excuse me about this, I fix it in the upcoming version.
    Thanks.

4. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

I didn't completely got what you meant, so a better explanation would make me to help you.
    As far as I know you want to enable and disable scene GameObjects using Save Game Pro? or you want to change the save path on client and server?
    Thanks.

5. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

Hi, What problems and issues did you have with Firebase?
    Let me know and I would be happy to help you.
    Thanks.

6. eggeuk

eggeuk

Hi, Problems are at installing Firebase feature.
    My environment is:
    - Unity 2017.3
    - Playmaker and SaveGamePro integration for Playmaker
    - Firebase SDK installed
    Now when installing 'Integration for Firebase' some errors are thrown. Please see pictures.
    At first I thought about SaveGamePro didnt work with 2017.3, so I looked up the version numbers.
    There are two kinds of errors:
    - GUILayout
    - 'defined multiple times' in SaveGameFirebase.cs. Two of the lines are:
    33: protected Task m_CurrentTask;
    38: protected Task<DataSnapshot> m_DownloadTask;
    Unity compiler does seeing here duplications.
    Thanks for working on it

Attached Files:

7. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

The first error is caused by second one, and the second one is weird to me.
    Do you have any class called Task?
    This error caused when there are conflicts with DLLs and .NET libraries or there might be a problem with references of assemblies.
    I don't have any experience about this problem, so I have searched the internet and found the below resources:
    Thanks.

8. eggeuk

eggeuk

Unity 2018.1.0b12
    Hi, By the way here some results installing SGP into a new and clean 2018 beta.
    Regards

Attached Files:

9. eggeuk

eggeuk

My 2017.3 wasnt clean when I installed SGP. There had been a lot of different asset in the project.
    I will take a new 2017.3 and will start with playmaker and then SGP.
    Third I will add the other assets I normaly use.
    These 'task'-problem shouldnt it be protected by namespaces? So when SGP uses it how could it be in conflict with "task" from other pices of software?

10. MostHated

MostHated

Ok, so we are actually at the correct version then?

11. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

Yes, we are on correct version, It was just my fault that I forgot to change the version inside SGP too.

12. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

SGP is not yet integrated with Unity Beta, we are waiting for an official release.

13. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

It was my guess, as I searched the internet for the issue, that Task is just a class defined in System.Threading.Tasks namespace, so the error says it is defined multiple times, means that it is available in another namespace or assembly.

14. eggeuk

eggeuk

Hi, Today I tried installing SGP and Firebase in different ways.
    SGP always throws an error by Integration 'Install Firebase (Playmaker)'.
    Now I will stop using Firebase. Maybe in next times there is a solution.
    Its more important for me in using PlayMaker.
    But the installing process is not clean. Let me describe:
    - new 2017.3 downloded
    - Install Playmaker 1.9.8
    - Install Save Game Pro
    - Integrating 'Install Playmaker'
    - Thrown Error (see picture): 'NullReferenceException'
    - closing and restarting Unity
    - no errors and SGP integrated in 'Playmaker Actions' (picture)
    All fine and ok!
    But at this point any Firebase Integration is throwing errors.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  15. eggeuk

eggeuk

Just one more muddle. SGP Settings has the task of 'Uninstall Save Game Pro'
    The Log has the notice 'Delete Failed' and 'Save Game Pro Partially Uninstalled'.
    Please see picture.
    This just as an info.

Attached Files:

16. MostHated

MostHated

Hey man, I tried it again and got this.

Code (CSharp):
    2. npm WARN saveError ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/root/savegame/package.json'
    3. /root/savegame
    4. └── @bayatgames/savegamepro-mongodb@1.0.1  (git://github.com/bayatgames/node-savegamepro-mongodb.git#a60a8f978dda2450913994c50c96926c8780022b)

If I try the one you just linked with the @ in it, I get the below still. Without the @ it downloads, but gives the above error.

Code (CSharp):
    1. root@u3d:~/savegame# npm install @bayatgames/node-savegamepro-mongodb --save
    2. npm ERR! Linux 4.4.0-116-generic
    3. npm ERR! argv "/usr/bin/nodejs" "/usr/bin/npm" "install" "@bayatgames/node-savegamepro-mongodb" "--save"
    4. npm ERR! node v4.2.6
    5. npm ERR! npm  v3.5.2
    6. npm ERR! code E404
    8. npm ERR! 404 Not found : @bayatgames/node-savegamepro-mongodb
    9. npm ERR! 404
    10. npm ERR! 404  '@bayatgames/node-savegamepro-mongodb' is not in the npm registry.
    11. npm ERR! 404 You should bug the author to publish it (or use the name yourself!)
    12. npm ERR! 404
    13. npm ERR! 404 Note that you can also install from a
    14. npm ERR! 404 tarball, folder, http url, or git url.

BUT I did do a fresh git clone (using the same node install I had) and it is running now.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  17. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

Weird, try to create a new folder and run below command:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. npm init
    Then run this command to install Save Game Pro MongoDB extension:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. npm install @bayatgames/node-savegamepro-mongodb --save
    That's all, now you can make a script at this folder called app.js or index.js or any other thing you like and then run it via Node.js and it should work fine.

Thanks.

18. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

I tried all the command in Settings section, and they worked fine, so when Save Game Pro Uninstall option says Delete Failed and Save Game Pro Uninstalled Partially it means some files has been deleted before running this command or there are some permission or issues with removing them.
    Those errors are very strange to me, but that NullReferenceException is an error relating to GUI, not much important.
    Also, it works fine in my side, do you have tried the below order:
    1. Install Save Game Pro
    2. Install PlayMaker
    3. Install Firebase SDK
    4. Install Save Game Pro PlayMaker Integration
    5. Install Save Game Pro Firebase Integration
    6. Install Save Game Pro Firebase PlayMaker Integration
    It should work as well.

Thanks.

19. MostHated

MostHated

It's fine now, the last line of my post said I got it working from github, I was able to send and receive data from my db.

hasanbayat likes this.
  20. MostHated

MostHated

@hasanbayat

I had a question about the cloud save, does username and password need to be filled in, or only if your cloud host requires them? What is the key in which it is checking against, is that the identifier, or the username and password? Are the fields such as Default Data just an arbitrary example of an item you can save? I want to create fields for my RPG but want to make sure I am saving things in the right place so they are tired to the user. The user has a login name via Master Server Framework, which field to I need to tie that to in the mongo cloud save so they can get their data again?

21. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

The fields are saved under that login username, the username makes a new collection in MongoDB databases, and saves will be stored under that collection for ease of use, but it is not directly the username, it is the object ID of user used as collection name to simplify username changing.
    For example when you save a data with identifier (testData) to username (test) with password (test), you can load it back by passing that username and password again alongside identifier.

Thanks.

22. MostHated

MostHated

Thanks for the prompty reply @hasanbayat How would I have to change the demo if say, I have a user (there will be dozens of users hopefully, lol), each user gets their own set of data of course. So basically this :

User - does not require password, as users are authenticated though Master-server framework, but has username, as well as a unique ID that looks like 'xv$3fSFeccrRHSdcce'. I am used to SQL but like Mongo so trying to get used to it, as well as SaveGame Po at the same time.

(I used the "code" block so it would keep its formatting)
    Code (CSharp):
    2.       AccountInfo (considered to be a table in a normal DB)
    3.           accountID : (xv$3fSFeccrRHSdcce) (Primary key which is authenticated in MSF first and saved in user session)
    4.           firstName : MyFirstName
    5.           lastName : MyLastName
    6.           email : ILikeToReceive@Emails.com
    8.       SocialInfo (Table in DB)
    9.           (User would only have 1 row each, but each row contains the following)
    10.               accountID : (xv$3fSFeccrRHSdcce) (Primary key to link it to accountID)
    11.               friendsList : Steve, Bob, Mark, Doug
    12.               guildName : PVPonmychest
    14.       Characters (Table in DB) (Might have several characters, each character will have its own set of data)
    15.           Character1 (Row in DB)
    16.               accountID : (xv$3fSFeccrRHSdcce) ( Field - Primary key to link it to accountID)
    17.               name (Field in Row) NubDestroyer
    18.               level : 87
    19.               class : Ranger spec
    20.               inventoryItems(separate collection?)
    21.           Character 2 (Row in DB)
    22.               accountID : (xv$3fSFeccrRHSdcce) (Field - Primary key to link it to accountID)
    23.               name (Field in row) : PwnerMeat
    24.               level :  12
    25.               class : Ranger spec
    26.               inventoryItems(separate collection?)
    These are just an example and of course there would end up being more, but what is the ideal way to set this up to save within SaveGame Pro? Do I need to add all of those different things to multiple files within the SaveGame Pro code, or are they just passed over to SVG within a single string?

Not everything needs to be updated often, such as the friendsList, and the guildName, they only need to really be updated if they change, or queried if someone wants to look them up with a method like "/user MostHated" to view their profile. So would these things need to go into separate SaveGame Pro save files to be used as needed? Upon account creation it should create an initial template of all these things for the particular user, they would end up just being blank until used I guess? I guess I might need an "AccountInfo" save which is updated if they change their email or something, but mostly just read from and used so it knows their accountID. The social one is read from on start or when needed if they add more friends, or change guilds. There would need to then be a Guild table I guess which contains who the guild master is, who the members are and all that, but thats down the road.

The characters one would end up changing most often if the character gets new items, does quest completion, etc (should things like quests, achievements, inventory, etc all be their own things also, or should it be under one?) so it might be ideal to save that maybe using a trigger when they get a new item, or change something, but also on a set interval as they are playing, and also a big save of everything when they logout.

There will be server specific stuff that is not tied to any single user for events and overall game state as well eventually, but that is down the road of course.

I see there is a WebCloudSave.cs as well as a SaveGameCloud.cs both with Identifier and the DataInputField. Would the account name (MostHated) be the Identifier as well as the Username? Would AccountInfo (which I would consider a 'table' in a SQL db) and Characters each be a separate DataInputField with its other things under it along with that, or is each item (First name, Last name, Character name, level, class, etc) each their own DataInputField that somehow gets tied to its table (AccountInfo, Characters).

Sorry for such a long post. I definitely would appreciate any information you can provide, it will help me tremendously in getting this part of my game getting traction!

---- Edit - Also, what would it take to use RavenDB in place of MongoDB? It is another NoSQL DB.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  23. Filipinjo

Filipinjo

I don't think saving dictionary works. Anyone else experiencing similar problems? If I save the objects as a List<GameObject> loading works fine but if I save them as Dictionary<int, GameObject> when I try to load them... they just won't load.

24. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

Excuse me, Sorry for late.
    For a better User management system I would recommend you to go for another thing that SGP as SGP is made for data persistent not user management, so just provided a simple user management system for cloud saving and loading, but we have made this possible to create your own cloud solutions on top of the SGP cloud system, so there is no limitations in this manner.
    Also, for the server side, for such capabilities, you need to make your own system, or use a premade one, as I said Save Game Pro is not made for these purposes, as it only made for persisting data.

You can extend SaveGameCloud and make your own client side implementation, and in case of WebCloudSave, the MostHated value should be placed at username field, but you need extra information for each user, so in this case as I said you need a custom made solution for both client and server, it is not much hard, as you specified everything finely.

Thanks.
    Best Regards.

25. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

Hi.
    Do you receive any errors?
    Also, I don't recommend this approach and I also I don't recommend saving and loading the whole GameObjects as it is a bad practice and causes further problems and errors, anyway I think your dictionary maybe is empty or something in the case you are not receiving errors.

Thanks.

26. MostHated

MostHated

No problem. I appreciate the info. I keep getting this error though for some reason.

https://hastebin.com/suzabisuhe.css

27. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

Oh, It is first time I am seeing such error, The SaveGameTypeManager tries to find all the types that are Extending SaveGameType abstract class from all available DLLs on current Solution when Unity tries to compile, so any error must be caused by the DLLs and some integrity issues with them.
    I have searched internet and found these, I am sure you did too, but in case you missed these, these might be helpful:
    Hope this helps.
    Let me know if the error persists, or you have further questions.
    Thanks.

28. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

29. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

30. chrisk

chrisk

Hi, there, I'm very interested in this assets and I have a question.
    I'm trying to save the game object onto MongoDB directly. I got connection to MongoDB working and succefully serialized/deserialize simple objects but I haven't yet figure out how to serialize/deserialze Unity objects on to it.

I was looking for some solutions and I ran into your asset that almost does this. But I noticed that you are using NodeJS to interface to MongoDB. I guess having a webserver would be useful for a live service, but I'm trying to build a game management tool that doesn't need a webserver.

In your current setup, a couple of problems I can see that is that you are writting everything into a single collection. When there are many data, it can potentially degrade performance. And NodeJS is just passing the data and it deosn't do much useful things.

Therefore, I would like to interface directly to MongoDB if possible without any webserver.
    Could you please help how this can be done?
    Surprisingly, there aren't any solution that let you do that.
    I hope many others find it useful and I think it will make your asset to standout.
    I would really appreciate if you can help.
    Cheers!

31. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

Hi.
    Thanks for the great explanation and details, I appreciate it.
    If we want to make direction from Unity to MongoDB database, we need to use the MongoDB client or SDK to achieve this, so in this case we need a custom wrapper for SaveGameCloud too, and for the server side, we have provided two versions of MongoDB support via PHP and Node.js, also you can edit them freely and apply your changes if you have knowledge about the language and server-side stuff.
    But for the client side, as I said we need to use a Client, or the MongoDB database provides a REST API, but anyways we need a wrapper around SaveGameCloud.
    I would suggest you to take a look at the files inside BayatGames/SaveGamePro/Scripts/Networking

If you don't own Save Game Pro, just drop me a email (hasanbayat1393@gmail.com) and then I will provide it for you for testing purposes, hope this helps, or in special cases I will provide it for free for you by a Voucher code.

Thanks.
    Regards.

32. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

New version submitted for Review, 2.4.5:
    • Compatibility with Unity 2018.1
    • Fixed Errors when Building for UWP
    • Fixed Build Errors for Nintendo Switch and Samsung TV platforms by removing VideoClip and VideoPlayer type for these platforms
    Thanks, Regards.

BTStone likes this.
  33. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

New Save Game Pro version submitted for Review, 2.4.8:
    • Compatibility with Unity 2017.4
    • Fixed Builds Errors for UWP
    • Fixed Various Bugs
    Thanks.

34. MrIconic

MrIconic

I'm assuming Unity changed something in 2018.2 (2018.2.0b3)?

Note: It doesn't appear on import. Only when I tried to build and run. I commented it out for now so I can build.

Attached Files:

35. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

Hi, yes, the new versions change many API methods and properties, so I have to fix them, which Unity version you are using?
    2018.2 or 3?

36. MrIconic

MrIconic

Was using 2018.3 but I went back down to 2017 LTS so that I can use Bolt.

37. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

New Save Game Pro version submitted for Review, 2.4.10:
    • Fixed Type Creator issue for Auto-Properties
    • Fixed ISavable interface doesn't trigger OnRead when using LoadInto
    Thanks.

38. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

39. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

We are going to bring the Xbox One integration to Save Game Pro, so a new Save Game Pro update will be out soon as possible for developers to give them the possibility to use the power of Save Game Pro on Xbox One.
    This integration will be out soon, so don't forgot to share your ideas and feedback with us before the release.

Credits to Josh Loveridge from Loveridge Designs for providing us the opportunity to Integrate Save Game Pro on Xbox One, Wishing him the best of luck in all his endeavours
    Thanks.

40. danielesuppo

danielesuppo

Hello, I should convert to binary format some GameObjects created on runtime (3d Text, 3D planes with textures, etc), to be able to upload (and download) them to GameSparks in this way:

Code (CSharp):
    1. var form = new WWWForm();
    2. form.AddBinaryData("file", bytes,...)

Does Save Game Pro can "simply" convert them to binary format, or does it use some other method that is incompatible for my purpose?
    Thank-you!

41. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

Hi.

Save Game Pro exposes public serialization API and lets you to use them for your own implementation and needs, so in this case you can only use the serializer, for example BInaryFormatter inside Save Game Pro and it will give you the bytes of the serialized data.
    But, serializing GameObjects and complex objects is an issue for us now, so I wouldn't recommend you to serialize complex GameObjects directly, serialize them via data structures or data wrappers and save what you need.
    If you want, I can send you the package for testing purposes, just give me your email.

Thanks.
    Best Regards.

42. danielesuppo

danielesuppo

43. johny256

johny256

integration ultimate survival?

44. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

Hi.
    We don't planned to add this integration to Save Game Pro, but I am sure you can use Save Game Pro alongside that package without any problems and there wont be any issues or errors.
    So, an integration can be made by me or developer, but it is not much important and necessary as far as Ultimate Survival is a package for creating survival games and this haven't anything to do with Save & Load so you can use Save Game Pro alongside it.

Thanks.

45. Komizart

Komizart

Hi. I can't save/load gameObject with two or more some components. For example: gameObject with two SphereColliders. I saved it, destroyed and loaded (in "Save Runtime Generated Objects" example scene). But after load it is only one SphereColliders in this object. The same problem is with joints. Please say what to do.

Thanks Victor

before load.png after load.png

46. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

Hi.

It looks like a bug, and I have looked into the code and fixed it by right now, the next release will include this bug fix.
    Please give me your email and I will send the bug fixed package via email.
    Let me know if you had any further issues and problems.
    As a note for other: If you ran into same problem, just email me with such subject, and then I will provide you the updated package until we release the update on asset store.
    Email: hasanbayat1393@gmail.com
    Next update version 2.5.1 and it includes this bug fix, we are waiting for Xbox one integration
    Also, thanks for the bug report @Komizart , we fixed an unknown bug.

Thanks.

47. Komizart

Komizart

Sounds good.
    komizart@gmail.com Thanks.

48. danielesuppo

danielesuppo

Hello hasanbayat, I'm testing Save Game Pro.
    First of all you did a really good job!
    I have 2 questions:
    1 - Is it possible to use custom shaders on GameObject material? It seem to me that on loading it always rebuild a Standard shader (with _Color, and _MainTex), no matter the original one.
    2 - I should upload on GameSparks (and there's no integration for it). Is it possible not to save on disk but just to get the serialized object into memory? For sure I could save first on disk and next read it, upload it and delete it, but it seem to me a quite awful method.

Many thanks!

49. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

Hi.
    Glad you like it!
    Let me answer questions by order:
    1. Unity provides very low amount of API methods for handling with GameObjects and shaders, but we did our best to save and load GameObjects with any shaders, and also it is worth to mention that I haven't tested it by other shader, only tested with the default shader., as I said, Unity provides low API access to it's internal stuff, so it makes out work harder and sometimes impossible to do something, but I will do my best to find a way around it.
    2. Yes, I have made a new update, but it is currently in Draft that includes Memory Storage as a normal Save Game Pro storage, I have attached the script, download and import it to BayatGames/SaveGamePro/Scripts/IO and then Change the Storage to Memory, anyways, you can use normal MemoryStream too, as Save Game Pro provides the whole API as Public, such as Serialization API and I/O API.
    Thanks.

Attached Files:

50. danielesuppo

danielesuppo

Thank-you for your detailed and helpful reply!

I've created a custom double sided shader with _Color, _MainTex and _Emissive properties. When I save I get no errors, when I load the name of the shader is the right one, but has been replaced by the built-in standard shader (and obviously double-sided and emissive are gone). I don't know if it it's something that I can fix by myself, or it require hard work on the plugin, so I can look for another solution.

Wow, many thanks! I'll try it soon.