Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Save Game Pro - Gold Update

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by hasanbayat, Nov 3, 2017.

1. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

Save Game Pro
    A Complete and Powerful Save Game Solution
    Unity Asset Store | GitHub | Support and News | Documentation | Patreon

Introduction

Save Game Pro is a complete, powerful and feature-rich save game solution for Unity (Game Engine) that lets you save everything such as Components, Data Types, GameObjects including Custom Data Types at everywhere including Web & Cloud, Local Storage, PlayerPrefs, Database.

Save Game Pro has an Elegant and Complete API for controlling saved data, for example, by using the API you can check if a data exists or you can Retrieve the saved files list and show them to the user.​

Supported Types

Save Game Pro supports more than +200 Types built-in and you can add your own extra types manually or by using Type Creator. (description is available at below)

The Supported Types including:

• Almost All Components, such as BoxCollider, Rigidbody, MeshRenderer, Camera, Transform.
    • GameObject, the Whole GameObject will be saved, that means all Components including All Childs.
    • Transform with Hierarchy, that means the transforms are saved by their root parent and they will be loaded like that.
    • Primitives, such as Integer, String, Boolean, …
    • Collections, Almost all collections supported, such as Dictionary, List, LinkedList, Multi-Dimensional Arrays (there is no limitation), Stack, Queue, HashSet, …
    • Data Types, Almost all Data Types such as Vector3, Vector2, Vector4, Mesh, …

Full Examples

Complete set of Examples included helping you get started easier and faster. Also, each integration comes with its own examples.

The Example included are:

• Cloud Saving
    • Custom Path Saving
    • Listing Saved Files
    • Saving Collections
    • Saving Custom Data
    • Saving Game Object
    • Saving Runtime Generated Objects
    • Saving Simple Data
    • Saving Slots
    • Saving Texture2D
    • Saving Transform

General Settings

Configure, Modify and Apply General operations on Save Game Pro right inside a panel and Install/Uninstall integrations easily by simple clicks:

PlayMaker Integration

Save Game Pro integrates with PlayMaker fully and completely by adding Save Game Pro API methods as Actions to PlayMaker. Also, each integration includes the PlayMaker Actions as well.

Cross Platform

Save Game Pro supports almost all platforms that Unity supports, we have tested the Save Game Pro examples in:

• Standalone (Windows, Mac, Linux)
    • Android (and it should work well on iOS)
    • Samsung TV

But we know it should work as excepted on All Unity Platforms.

Web & Cloud

Save Game Pro integrates as well with your Cloud environments such as PHP and Node.js and supports most popular Database Engines, such as MySQL and MongoDB, Also, Save Game Pro integrates with Firebase and PlayFab as well to let you save your game data and sync it across devices.

Here is the list of custom Cloud integrations:

Custom Types (Type Creator)

Save Game Pro supports Custom Types, that means you can add serialization of Types that aren’t supported by Save Game Pro, So you can create these Custom Types easily and automatically using Type Creator.

Type Creator provides an easy, fast and helpful interface for Creating and Browsing types, Also, Type Creator includes Search inputs to help you browse all types by searching for the desired Type.

Unity Asset Store | GitHub | Support and News | Documentation | Patreon

Learn how to install Save Game Pro

Thanks​

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
    StevenPicard likes this.
  2. claudius_I

claudius_I

great i was waiting for this update :)

3. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

It is now available, download and enjoy!

4. claudius_I

claudius_I

Hi
    I have a problem.
    I want to build but appears many error.
    I only use Save System in this lines (works without problems):
    SaveGame.Save(slotId+"/listaInventarioObjeto", Inventario.inv.listaObjetos);
    Inventario.inv.cargarLista(SaveGame.Load<List<instanciaObjeto>>(loadedSlotId + "/listaInventarioObjeto"));

Attached Files:

5. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

Hi.
    Which unity version you are using?
    Which platform you are building?

6. claudius_I

claudius_I

Hi
    PC

7. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

I am going to the a build for test but i was tested it before and it works, it is strange for, but i am building now.

Thanks.

8. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

Same result, it is strange.
    It seems they are going to be deprecated by Unity core, so i am going to remove them.
    Remove them, i will release a hotfix.

Thanks.

9. claudius_I

claudius_I

ok
    thanks.

10. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

I have submitted the hotfix, you can update when it get available on Asset Store.
    Any other reports are welcome.
    Also, i would be happy to hear your opinions and ideas.

Thanks.

11. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

I have created a video tutorial to learn how to install Save Game Pro - Gold Update:

Also, Game Object LoadInto Bug fixed, submitted for review.

Thanks.

12. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

Giveaways for Save Game Pro - Gold Update, Claim it now:
    1. ASV-QJGN-WPPP-RPDQ-9VPY-R9GV
    2. ASV-H7DA-MXHH-6E3H-DAFN-VMCE
    3. ASV-KN6L-LJN9-TT49-UJG4-YJHF

13. jGate99

jGate99

Looks great, let me know if you have a spare voucher available. 'd love to test n review on asset store.
    Thanks

14. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

Follow our news and keep updated.

jGate99 likes this.
  15. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

Another bug fixed, submitted for approval.
    The MovieTexture type is not supported on Mobile platforms, so we have removed support for this type.
    For saving and loading this type, you should use workarounds, but also, you can add support for this type using Type Creator if you are using this type in Non-Mobile platforms.

Thanks.

16. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

A new version for Bugs and Type Creator search fixes:
    1. Type Creator search is now Case Insensitive
    2. Fixed Bug for Saving and Loading Nested GameObjects

17. BTStone

BTStone

Seems like a well made tool. But I doubt that ALL Unity platforms are supported, especially consoles. Since these are closed systems and have their very own way of dealing with savedata with a specific API (for each console). Or do you cover these, too?

18. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

The Standalone, Mobile and UWP platforms are fully supported.
    But for Consoles, We need some testers to make sure that works correctly on them.
    Currently, we are using PlayerPrefs on Consoles, but You can use Web & Cloud feature of Save Game Pro on those platforms.
    Otherwise, we need to make native plugins for them, while they are closed, it is hard to maintain that.

Thanks.

BTStone likes this.
  19. Sarrivin

Sarrivin

Hello. Is this software saving data in a well structured mysql database? I mean, I'd like to have tables with for character data with their names, all int statistics, all lists and custom class types saved, each variable in different field for easy changes via database queries, etc.
    That data would change, some custom classes will be completely null sometimes, some lists (standard type and custom classes) empty, then change, so there's a lot going on that needs to be saved.
    Also, I have much data to save and I fear that future game updates might require some "fixes" in database to load them properly. Or even more importantly, in case of bugs in an online game, I'd want to be able to find a specific user and locate the field that needs to be fixed in his character, then fix it. Even if we have thousands of users/characters to perform those kind of operations for.

So, if string or int data is saved in unreadable or joint way, I'd probably pass and try to code my own solution.
    Is it saving easily readable, structured tables with one field just for one variable, or combine / compress / encrypted data? I have quite simple, human readable stuff mostly, but need to easily find, edit and query it in database in future.
    Is there any control over database structure in mysql?
    Just trying to save a lot of time.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  20. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

Hi,

The Save Game Pro currently does not supports MySQL save & load, so if you are looking for a readable format, you can use JSON.

The JSON structure is human readable and can changed by a human, so i recommend you to use it.

But if you are looking for a integrated solution just for MySQL, then Save Game Pro does not fit your needs.

I have planned to create a SQL Save System, but they aren't popular and useful as JSON and Binary saving and loading.

EDIT: If you need a custom made solution, i can help you in this case.

Thanks.

Sarrivin likes this.
  21. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

And if you are looking for a Cloud save, then Save Game Pro supports MySQL save and load.
    But in Local you can use Binary or JSON.

Thanks.

Sarrivin likes this.
  22. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

23. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

New Version submitted for Review, Version 2.1.8
    • Added About Window
    • Added Version Field to the SaveGame class
    • Added Icon to Editor Windows
    • RenderTexture Type Obsolete Properties Removed

24. yaffa

yaffa

Hi , I want to save a lot of information at each level and upload it to Firebase. How does this help me over and above what firebase does?
    Thanks.

25. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

Hi.

How much information?
    There is no limit on amount of information, but for Firebase you need to upgrade account.

Thanks.

26. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

27. yaffa

yaffa

Hey ,
    Yeah , I was looking to buy the pro version. Can you tell me how using firebase with Save is easier than just firebase ?

28. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

No difference in ease of use, just in features.
    By using Save Game Pro you can save more types and you have more things to use.

Thanks.

29. yaffa

yaffa

okay ! Thank you !

30. yaffa

yaffa

Hey ,
    I see from the Firebase example that once I call a Firebase reference , I just need to run something like the example DoSave() coroutine in unity to save. So no need to call the Push and Save function in firebase API?

In here , does it create a "Hello world node" and save "Hello World" in Firebase?
    Also , does it then save the data locally on the player If I'm offline and then upload when online?
    Is there a way to download the complete player data also?
    Thanks.

31. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

Excuse me for late response, i did't received the notification for new reply. please accept apologies for inconveniences.

The Save Game Pro Firebase integration uses Core Firebase API to save and load data. You can find this script at BayatGames/SaveGamePro/Scripts/Networking/SaveGameFirebase.cs in the Assets folder.

So, the Offline synchronization should work as well.

What you mean by downloading the player data completely? You can load each part you need by Download method, so why you need download the data completely?

Thanks.

yaffa likes this.
  32. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

Multi-Dimensional Arrays serialization bug fixed, And the new version submitted for Review 2.1.9.

33. yaffa

yaffa

Thank you . Can it be used to save as Excel sheet?

34. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

No, but i planned to add this feature too, because it is popular.

35. KieranLoPoly

KieranLoPoly

Are Hashtables supported, I was using them with your Save Game Free plugin but since the switch to Save Game Pro I can't load from Hashtables, saving seems to be working ok.

36. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

No, they are not supported by Save Game Pro, because Save Game Pro does not stores Type information of the item to make the file lightweight, so if you need i can provide the support for Hashtables for you. (if you want i will provide the support tomorrow, because here is too late and i am not able to work)

Thanks.

37. KieranLoPoly

KieranLoPoly

How much of an impact of filesize does it cause? Yes if you could provide support for Hashtables that would be great, the workflow I have implemented for saving is using Hashtables and it would be a lot of work to change it.

Much appreciated.

38. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

It depends on size of the Hashtable. so let me add the support and i will publish a new version, also give me your email then i will send you the version directly without waiting for Asset Store approval.

39. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

I have made the Support for Hashtables, i will send it via PM to you, also i will publish this version to Asset Store.

Thanks.

40. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

New version submitted for Review 2.2.0

41. samuelmorais

samuelmorais

42. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

Hi, the Firebase SDKs only support Mobile platforms (iOS and Android) according to the Firebase documentation, so you can't use Firebase in a WebGL build or something similar.
    So, you can use the Firebase REST API to do this stuff, but some features is unavailable in the REST API, so i don't recommend you to use Firebase in a non-mobile platform at all.
    In this case, you need to setup a custom server, also you can check out PlayFab, but i don't it supports WebGL or not.
    Thanks.

43. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

New version submitted for Review, 2.2.1
    • Hashtable JSON Serialization bug fixed

44. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

We are going to add support for Uploading and Downloading of the Images, it would be a good addition to Save Game Pro.

45. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

New version submitted for Review, 2.3.0:
    • Add Upload & Download Files Feature
    • Add Save & Load Images Feature using SaveImage and LoadImage API method
    Now you can upload and download saved files and images to the server and use file url.

46. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

Going to Add an Option for choosing between PNG and JPEG format for saving and loading Images.

47. Pascal-

Pascal-

Hello @hasanbayat,

I just installed Save Game Pro and I'm able to save first data to my server. I'd like to have some advices how to use/load the data saved in a web form from a WebGL build. How could I do that?

Thank you!

48. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

Hi.

Are you getting any errors? or such?
    Just use the Web API to save and load the game data, Check out Cloud Saving and Loading tutorial at our Documentation.
    Please explain what you need in depth, then i would be able to help.

Thanks.

49. Pascal-

Pascal-

@hasanbayat

Thanks for your quick answer! It works fine with the example Cloud Save - Web example.

I well store the data on my server but If I can see the users data, The saved texts look not readable or encrypted.Where can I see them? Sorry I'm new in database systems.

What I'd like to do is to load the text, data_value I guess, saved from "text to save" from the Data Input Field in an independent web page. How should I proceed?

Could you please give me some advice?
    Thank you

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  50. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

So, you want to display the saved data on Web.
    It is easy, just have a look at the Source Code of Save Game Pro Cloud PHP MySQL version index.php, and check in the 'load' action inside a switch statement.
    Which server side technology you are using? PHP or Node.js?
    If you are using the PHP, you can do this like in the Save Game Pro Cloud PHP MySQL version.
    • First fetch the user information, We need the user ID to proceed next actions, $username is the user name and the $password is the password of the user.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. $get_user_sql = "SELECT * FROM users WHERE username='$username' AND password='$password'";
    2. $result = $mysqli->query($get_user_sql);
    • Get the user data with an identifier, $data_key is the identifier and the $user['ID'] is the unique ID of the user on the MySQL table associated with.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. $load_sql = "SELECT * FROM saves  WHERE user_id='" . $user['ID'] . "' AND data_key='$data_key'";
    2. $result = $mysqli->query($load_sql);
    And use the result:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. $data = $result->fetch_assoc();
    2. echo $data['data_value'];
    Thanks.