Search Unity

Save During Play with scene streaming?

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by mrtenda, Oct 25, 2018.

1. mrtenda

mrtenda

Is it possible to take advantage of the extremely useful "Save During Play" feature with virtual cameras that have been loaded as part of an additively loaded scene (ie: loaded with SceneManager.LoadScene)?

My understanding of how "Save During Play" works is that the modified values will be retained in the editor after the game stops running, but will not actually be saved to the disk. However, Unity seems to automatically unload any streamed scenes after it stops running the game, without giving the user any opportunity to save the scenes to the disk. Because of this, all of my virtual camera changes are being lost, even though I'm using "Save During Play".

Is there any workaround for this so that I can save my changes in streamed scenes? I believe most non-trivial Unity games use scene streaming in this way to load in the levels of the game, so it seems like something that would be extremely useful. Thank you.

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Right now, we have no out-of -the-box solution for this. If you find something, please don't hesitate to post it here :)