Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Save any changes with vfx window open will lose all the custom graphs.

Discussion in 'Visual Effect Graph' started by shibi2017, May 13, 2022.

1. shibi2017

shibi2017

A fatal Bug and hear no news to fix it.

2. Vita-

Vita-

Unity Technologies

Hi, how could we reproduce it on our side?

3. shibi2017

shibi2017

hi there, just create a subgraph and add it to one vfx. you can do it in two ways
    1. duplicate it and open the new one to see:
    2. do any changes inside unity when left that vfx window open. when you press ctrl+s to save to see:
    you'll lost the subgraph inside your vfx.

4. Vita-

Vita-

Unity Technologies

Hi, thanks! I've tried both options and seems to work fine on my side. Let's figure it out together:
    1. By any chance, are you referring to this bug mentioned earlier: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/renaming-a-vfx-graph-loses-all-subgraph-references?
    2. What version are you on? I've tried on 2022.2.0a11
    3. Do you mind sharing small reproduction or provide step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce it? I've tried multiple combinations from your message, but it is possible that I might be missing something specific.

5. shibi2017

shibi2017

Hi, I'm on 2022.1.0b.
    first. create a vfx and add a subgraph created by yourself and open it: upload_2022-5-19_10-30-2.png
    then in the project window, change this vfx's name/other vfx's name/even a shadergraph's name/ or a script'name and save it, you'll find that the subgraph lost.

6. shibi2017

shibi2017

I do not know all of the conditions to trigger this un-expected result. but it happens a lot in my cases. I can not figure out by myself why such a huge error we Unity allows it exist.

7. Julien-A

Julien-A

Unity Technologies