Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Save All

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by craigjwhitmore, Aug 30, 2019.

1. craigjwhitmore

craigjwhitmore

Why is there no Save All option, where I press just one button or a single shortcut key to save everything?

Each time I make changes to unity, I'm concerned that I'm going to lose something if I don't tediously Save the scene, select save from the file menu and select save project in the file menu.

The saving isn't entirely clear. I keep hearing in official unity forums to always save my scene. does this literally save everything that I may have changed in my project?

In short, the save mechanic in unity is ambiguous and unclear, a Save All button/function would simplify this and take away any doubt as to what one is saving in their project.

Joe-Censored likes this.
  2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

When you save your scene it only saves things that go into the scene file. If you make changes to your player settings and then save the scene for example, I don't believe the player settings get saved.

Yeah I would like a save everything option, but I've gotten used to the two step saving process.

3. craigjwhitmore

craigjwhitmore

A two step process for saving, this does not comply with Human Computer Interaction guidelines.

Mine is a 3 step process, I have yet to glean whether I should use Save or Save project as well as Save Scene.

Unity developers, you can do better than this..... Can you????