Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Save $600 offer !✅] ORION - Space Scene Generation framework

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nasos_333, Nov 3, 2021.

1. nasos_333

nasos_333

ORION Space Scene Generation framework is the next big ARTnGAME asset that is planned to cover all space scene generation aspects, from procedural planets and spaceships to any relevant special effects.

The system base is the Standard Pipeline, all pipelines are supported for the planet and texture generation, the image effect based modules will be converted to URP-HDRP during the Beta phase, some may require a total re-write, thus can take some time to fully realize.

Early Multiple effects and systems showcase

Planetary volume clouds

Shader based Nebula

Procedural planet motion

Sabso likes this.
  2. nasos_333

nasos_333

3. nasos_333

nasos_333

4. nasos_333

nasos_333

5. nasos_333

nasos_333

NOVEMBER OFFERS !!!

ORION Space Scene Generation Framework is in -50% first release discount for 14 days !!! ($60 vs $120 normal price).

Sky Master ULTIMATE can upgrade to InfiniGRASS for $19 (vs $59), to InfiniRIVER ($19), to ORION ($19) and Ethereal for $5.

InfiniCLOUD users can upgrade to the complete sky, weather, ocean and volumetric effects suit Sky Master ULTIMATE for only $15 (vs $70 normal price)

SkyMaster ULTIMATE also upgrades to InfiniTREE ($19) - Sun Shafts SRP ($5) - Advanced FX Creator ($15) - Particle Dynamic Magic ($15) -Volumetric Fog SRP Beta ($5)

ARTnGame - Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - Discord - Youtube - Reddit

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
  6. KingfisherWyvernStudio

KingfisherWyvernStudio

That looks great!
    I have a few questions:
    1. Does this include a fade in / out to actually land on a planet, like the Space Graphics toolkit has?
    2. Are heightmaps generated that can be used in terrain, like heightmaps for Gaia Pro stamps?

Thanks!

nasos_333 likes this.
  7. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

There is full volumetric atmosphere only in Standard pipeline for now, the URP-HDRP will be getting this module in later updates, as i work on this for all my related assets (sky master and Orion)

There is no extra system for transition from outside to inside side of planet atm, will check what could be added in this regard and post here on this.

The planet generation with LODs and physics will work on all pipelines, will be testing this also further.

The system is not mainly a terrain maker, more focused on procedurally making round planets, but for sure heightmaps could be potentially extracted from the procedural planet generator, so will add this in the to do list.

Let me know for anything else.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
  8. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

I adapted the atmosphere shader to display the fog when on the planet as well and seem to work great, so this mode should come in the first update after the store release. I attach a photo for reference.

Thanks for the suggestions and feedback.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
  9. nasos_333

nasos_333

10. nasos_333

nasos_333

ORION - Space Scene Generation Framework has been released at the Unity Asset Store !!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2021
  11. nasos_333

nasos_333

ORION - Space Scene Generation Framework - space crafting modules brief showcase part 1

ORION - Space Scene Generation Framework has been released at the Unity Asset Store !!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
  12. nasos_333

nasos_333

13. nasos_333

nasos_333

Work in progress for next updates, to enable Shader based atmosphere fly through option for all pipelines (currently support only view from outside planet) and work on Image effect based atmosphere for adding more options and port to URP-HDRP.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
  14. nasos_333

nasos_333

Work in progress for next updates, to enable Shader based atmosphere fly through option for all pipelines (currently support only view from outside planet) and work on Image effect based atmosphere for adding more options and port to URP-HDRP.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
  15. nasos_333

nasos_333

Tests with Sky Master UTLIMATE full volumetric clouds for use with ORION, a demo combining the two is in development and will be available soon.

Test of volumetric shadows from the clouds on atmosphere.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
  16. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
  17. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
  18. nasos_333

nasos_333

ORION used with Sky Master ULTIMATE volumetric planetary clouds

ORION planets and atmosphere effects

ORION Space Scene Generation Framework is on -50% first release discount for few more hours !!! ($59 vs $119)

NOVEMBER OFFERS !!!

- Sky Master ULTIMATE can upgrade to InfiniGRASS for $19 (vs $59), to InfiniRIVER ($19), to ORION ($19) and Ethereal for $5, also to InfiniTREE ($19) - Sun Shafts SRP ($5) - Advanced FX Creator ($15) - Particle Dynamic Magic ($15) -Volumetric Fog SRP Beta ($5)
    - InfiniCLOUD users can upgrade to the complete sky, weather, ocean and volumetric effects suit Sky Master ULTIMATE for only $15 (vs $70 normal price)

19. KingfisherWyvernStudio

KingfisherWyvernStudio

My apologies for not answering sooner. Somehow the update message got lost on my server. :)

The updates look very good! I'll out this on my wish list for the future :)

nasos_333 likes this.
  20. KingfisherWyvernStudio

KingfisherWyvernStudio

In addition, currently I use Grand Designer (Pro) (https://www.ignishot.com/grand-designer.html). This is a standalone tool, built in Unity. It runs through Steam, though. Your asset is certainly going in that direction, which is a good thing :)

nasos_333 likes this.
  21. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

I am glad you like the system, i have also finished a first version of the space to planet full transition using the shader based atmosphere module, this will work on all pipelines.

Let me know for any suggestions as well and will add on the to do for next updates

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
  22. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
  23. nasos_333

nasos_333

ORION v1.0.6 has been submitted to the Unity Asset Store !!!

v1.0.6
    - Added new shader for the shader based atmosphere module, which handles both out of and inside of atmosphere sphere regions and a new demo showcasing the new smooth transition from outer space to planet surface.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
  24. KingfisherWyvernStudio

KingfisherWyvernStudio

It looks interesting! I'll ask the devs and art of another project I'm working on if there's more what they'd like to see.

nasos_333 likes this.
  25. nasos_333

nasos_333

Great, thanks :)

26. nasos_333

nasos_333

ORION v1.0.6 has been released at the Unity Asset Store !!!

v1.0.6
    - Added new shader for the shader based atmosphere module, which handles both out of and inside of atmosphere sphere regions and a new demo showcasing the new smooth transition from outer space to planet surface.

ORION Space Scene Generation Framework is on -84% first release discount when Upgrading from Sky Master ULTIMATE for a limited time !!! ($19 vs $119)

Sky Master ULTIMATE is on -50% discount in Unity Black Friday Sale !!!
    Get both assets for only $53.5 !! (versus $188 normal price)

NOVEMBER OFFERS !!!

Sky Master ULTIMATE can upgrade to InfiniGRASS for $19 (vs $59), to InfiniRIVER ($19), to ORION ($19) and Ethereal for $5, also to InfiniTREE ($19) - Sun Shafts SRP ($5) - Advanced FX Creator ($15) - Particle Dynamic Magic ($15) -Volumetric Fog SRP Beta ($5)

The following ARTnGAME assets are also on -50% sale !!!!

Sky Master ULTIMATE : Volumetric Skies & Weather (50% off)
    Ethereal URP - Volumetric Lighting & Fog (50% off)
    InfiniCLOUD HDRP - URP, Volumetric clouds & particles (50% off)
    InfiniGRASS: GPU Vegetation(50% off)

27. KingfisherWyvernStudio

KingfisherWyvernStudio

In relation to the above I have a quick question:
    From the description of InfiniTree I understand the same can be done with InfiniGrass and that InfiniTree will soon reach its end.
    There's one thing I'd like a bit clarification about:
    "Also InfiniTREE may be used along side InfiniGRASS."
    What is then the benefit of using InfinitTree?

Especially because of this in the same description:
    "The new InfiniTREE Pro upgrade will also be soon available and will support Unity versions 2019 and above and all pipelines."

Thanks for the help!
    I bought Orion and a few other packages I already had on my wish list. It turned out I already had InfiniCLOUD :D

28. nasos_333

nasos_333

TREANT: Tree and Vines Generator

Hi,

Great :), hope enjoy all assets !!!

Note that InfiniTREE is not at end of life for sure, the system allows for procedural L-Trees created automatically upon planting, this is not the case with InfiniGRASS which does create unique brushes based on ground, but is not creating procedural trees on the fly like InfiniTREE.

At some point maybe the two are merged, which is possible, but will be a different asset that combine them for example. Also InfiniTREE has a nice tree chopping demo based on the procedural trees and was lately updated with HDRP version as well :)

So each asset serve a specific purpose :), same will be for the upcoming TREANT: Tree and Vines Generator, which is about creating trees using L-Tree and Spline system for bark and branches, for total control of the tree look that will also respect the environment obstacles. Also will handle vines and combinations of the two. The system will optimize and batch the created tree meshes, but will not optimize trees by grouping them on the fly as InfiniGRASS or IntiniTREE, so it created can be used in either system for group optimization or supply InfiniTREE with unique tree parts for its full procedural trees etc.

I attach few videos showing the new TREANT system for reference.

About a Pro version of IntiniTREE, this is indeed planned and will cover all pipelines, maybe add new features, also maybe just add URP in the same package and make a Pro later when add more features etc. Seemed was easier than i though to support the pipelines for the system, so perhaps not need to move to a Pro version directly for that purpose.

Let me know for any more clarifications

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
  29. KingfisherWyvernStudio

KingfisherWyvernStudio

Ah, thanks for the clarification! I might buy the InfiniTREE after all :)
    The TREANT/InfiniPLANT seems very interesting as well!
    Would it be possible to make Liana's with them as well, slow growing, maybe. Liana's players could use to swing on, etc?

It will be interesting to see how it compares to Broccoli and Gaia.

BTW, can the resulting trees be used in GAIA (pro)? And Can InfiniTREE work Trees created in Broccoli?

Thanks again!

Maybe I'd better move these questions to the forum thread about InfiniTREE :D

30. nasos_333

nasos_333

Not sure as have not tried any of those assets :), but for sure will be working to put together my foliage systems with the gpu land system PANGAEA.

About growing there is big plans for both the coming grass and trees assets, stay tuned for news here :), real seasonal growths with on the fly appearing meshes is in the works :) and in rather advanced state.

31. KingfisherWyvernStudio

KingfisherWyvernStudio

Awesome!

I'll test it with GAIA and such when I get there. I'll let you know how it goes.

Back to the original topic:
    One of our team members was wondering if Orion could also have Fly-through nebula's?

32. nasos_333

nasos_333

Shader based nebula

Image effect based Nebula WIP (Standard Pipeline) - At time 9.11

Particle based Nebula (all pipelines) - At time 3.35

The fly throughs are generally WIP, though i have a base setup for standard pipeline that is the base of any upcoming nebula work, hopefully can have a more complete version soon for the image effect based.

There is also few more options, a simpler particle based one and the shader based on domes, that can potentially be parented to the camera and make seem like a fly through, but though trickery

I post some samples of the various modules above.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
  33. KingfisherWyvernStudio

KingfisherWyvernStudio

Great work! You're really making an awesome tool!

Additionally from me:
    Is there a way (in the future) to generate (partial) maps from the planets? Not a heightmap, but a map to use an in-game map sorta speak.

34. nasos_333

nasos_333

You mean like a top - down map camera rendering in a non spherical case ?

35. KingfisherWyvernStudio

KingfisherWyvernStudio

Top-down, yes, but not a map camera rendering. More like when you pull up a map with a hotkey and then you get to view the entire map (or part of it, depending on how a game dev would want that).

36. nasos_333

nasos_333

I see, interesting. Do you have a sample of a game that does something similar in mind ?

A video would be great also, if exist.

Generally i think would be possible, but have to look more specifically on it to be 100% sure :)

37. KingfisherWyvernStudio

KingfisherWyvernStudio

Well, basically all MMORPG's have a map that you pull up with a hotkey. Usually press M and the map appears. Those maps are handmade, I think. Not rendered.

Here's an example of Lord of the Rings online. The Map is opened by pressing M.

Or maybe have a map generated which we can edit (place city names and such) in an outside program and then import into our game.

38. nasos_333

nasos_333

I see, yes that would be very interesting :), i will for sure add in to do for both ORION and the coming PANGAEA.

A very detailed offline render with filters could potentially create something to use directly or export as base to edit and use.

Very cool idea :), thanks

39. KingfisherWyvernStudio

KingfisherWyvernStudio

Awesome! I've been looking for such a feature for both my game and the world I want to create for my books! It will save me a lot of time in Map making :D

nasos_333 likes this.
  40. nasos_333

nasos_333

In celebration of the 10th perfect review for InfiniCLOUD, ARTnGAME holds a Lightning Sale for few hours !!

Buy InfiniCLOUD (-50% Off in Unity Sale - $25 vs $50) and can access all ARTnGAME assets for just $19 each !!! Limited time offer !!

Save $big on getting the whole ARTnGAME library for the next few hours !!!

Note that Sky Master ULTIMATE users will also enjoy great discounts to the upcoming assets including:
    PANGAEA (GPU based Terrain generation)

Sky Master ULTIMATE URP-HDRP
    InfiniGRASS STUDIO

TREANT Tree Generator
    LightFLOW: 2D-2.5D Impostor Volumetrics
    Oceanis: GPU Water and Ocean
    InfiniCREATURE (Skinned mesh customizer)
    Glamor (Image FX Suit)
    MassAI (massive AI agents system)
    PANGAEA CityGEN (procedural - web based city generator)
    PANGAEA VoxelGen (map voxelizer suit)

InfiniCLOUD Upgrades to:

Sky Master ULTIMATE : Volumetric Skies & Weather - $19
    InfiniGRASS: GPU vegetation - $19
    InfiniRIVER: GPU Fluids - $19
    ORION: Spece scene generation - $19
    Ethereal URP: Volumetric Lighting - $19
    InfiniTREE - $19
    Toon Effects Maker - $19
    Advanced FX Creator (Includes Particle Dynamic Magic) - $19

41. nasos_333

nasos_333

New ORION tutorial on how to adapt the shader based atmospheres to a bigger size planet than the demo ones.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
  42. nasos_333

nasos_333

ORION v1.0.6a has been released at the Unity Asset Store !!!

v1.0.6a
    - Added new demo sample showcasing the adaptation of the shader based atmospheres to a bigger size planet than the previous demos ones.

43. nasos_333

nasos_333

ORION v1.0.6c has been released at the Unity Asset Store !!!
    ORION v1.0.6c
    - Added the first version of the orbital system and related demo scene, this is the base of the planetary orbits system and will be further refined and completed in next updates

Last edited: Dec 23, 2021
  44. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
  45. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

New fully volumetric Nebula effect is now in the works for the URP version and the first version of the effect is already working, will take a bit more to fully realize and will post a video soon.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
  46. nasos_333

nasos_333

ORION - Work in progress on fully volumetric nebula system for next update.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
  47. nasos_333

nasos_333

ORION - Work in progress on fully volumetric nebula system for next update, video showcases the dynamic lightning submodule.

The following ARTnGAME assets are on -50% discount in Unity Sale !!!!
    Sky Master ULTIMATE : Volumetric Skies & Weather (50% off)
    Ethereal URP - Volumetric Lighting & Fog (50% off)
    InfiniCLOUD HDRP - URP, Volumetric clouds & particles (50% off)
    InfiniGRASS: GPU Vegetation (50% off)
    InfiniTREE - (50% off)
    Toon Effects Maker - (50% off)
    Advanced FX Creator -(50% off)
    Particle Dynamic Magic - (50% off)

Sky Master ULTIMATE users can upgrade to ORION for only $9! for a limited time.

ARTnGame - Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - Discord - Youtube - Reddit

48. nasos_333

nasos_333

ORION - Work in progress on fully volumetric nebula system for next update, video showcases the dynamic lightning submodule.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
  49. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
  50. nasos_333

nasos_333

ORION - Work in progress on fully volumetric nebula system for next update, video showcases the dynamic lightning, galaxy and starfield submodules.

January 2022 ARTnGAME Offers !!!
    Sky Master ULTIMATE can upgrade to InfiniGRASS ($17), to ORION ($17), to Ethereal ($5), to InfiniRIVER ($17), to InfiniTREE ($17), to Sun Shafts SRP ($5), to Advanced FX Creator ($17) , to Particle Dynamic Magic ($17) and to Volumetric Fog SRP Beta ($5)