Search Unity

SAS - Standard Anisotropic Shader

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by DavidMiranda, Jan 11, 2016.

1. ZorroBlade

ZorroBlade

Hi @David_MG,
    I have bought the shader package in Store , Amazing Effect .
    Would u please ellaborate how can we make such a BRDF shader , like choose what kind of BRDF lighting mode , and a IBL reflect probe .

2. atomicjoe

atomicjoe

hopeful likes this.
  3. DavidMiranda

DavidMiranda

4. DavidMiranda

DavidMiranda

Humm, you would have to study lighting models. There are tons of documentation online.

5. DavidMiranda

DavidMiranda

There is a WebGL build of the hair shader. Notice that alpha to coverage is not supported here.
    2018-10-17_14-27-03.jpg

6. blackbird

blackbird

can you show other examples for hair shader please

7. akuei2

akuei2

Hi, how about hair shader performance at DAZ hair? example?

StayUpLate likes this.
  8. soleron

soleron

I have bought your shader, great work, please make a LWRP compatible hair equivalent. Thank you.

9. mranger

mranger

Hi - it doesn't seem to be working in 2019.2.6. I don't code but is there some sort of a little tweak I can put in there to get it going? I really, really need a cloth shader for some work I'm doing. Here is the error I'm getting:

Shader error in 'SAS/Opaque 2-Sided': invalid subscript 'boxMax' at Assets/Standard Anisotropic Shader/Shaders/StandardAnisotropic.cginc(212) (on metal)

Compiling Vertex program with UNITY_PASS_FORWARDBASE DIRECTIONAL SHADOWS_SCREEN LIGHTPROBE_SH LIGHTMAP_OFF DIRLIGHTMAP_OFF DYNAMICLIGHTMAP_OFF OCCLUSION_ON NORMALMAP _ALBEDO2UVCHANNEL_UV2
    Platform defines: UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_NO_CUBEMAP_ARRAY UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING

Thanks so much

10. mranger

mranger

Hi, sorry to bump this. I really need this to work, because I can't find any other options. Thanks so much.

11. cineconcerts

cineconcerts

Ok I was able to get it to work now on Unity 2019.2.6. What I did is just check "Reflection probes box projection" in the Project Settings, Graphics tab. I'm still trying to get the specular highlights (the thing that makes my velvet texture look cool with this shader) working on iOS, but at least it doesn't throw an error now and the diffuse of the material at least shows up on the phone.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
  12. Kadaj

Kadaj

Hi, thanks for your work, this is so helpful!

However, I have some problems with the "Lacquered" version:
    1. The reflection is "flat", it doesn't seem to manage the "Box projection" of the reflection probe;
    2. It doesn't seem to blend multiple probes either;
    3. Sometimes, on some GameObjects, the reflection is still present even though the "Lacquer Reflection" parameter is set to 0.
    I'm running on Unity 2018.2.0f2 with the latest shader version (1.7).

Thanks for your help.

13. Harekelas

Harekelas

Hi, I'm trying to use the hair shader included in this package for my character's hair. But I found the hair got some transparent parts when camera is close to it:
    upload_2020-12-13_19-23-42.png

These gaps will get more clear when camera stays still, but will be fixed on move. There is no such effect when viewing the hair in distance:
    upload_2020-12-13_19-25-13.png
    Any ideas how can I avoid this issue? This shader is the best hair shader I can find in the asset store(with no problem receiving shadows and Enviro fog). Really want to use it in my project as soon as the cut out issue is gone.

14. atomicjoe

atomicjoe

Check "Mip Maps Preserve Coverage" in your hair's texture import configuration and adjust the cutoff setting in the material.

wetcircuit likes this.
  15. moslemcg2

moslemcg2

Why spec color lerp to white by increasing the smoothness?
    In this image, I set the spec color close to black but when I increase the smoothness, I see the white specular on the model.
    photo_2020-12-18_16-17-39.jpg

16. ragingrei

ragingrei

I'm seeing pink in a blank URP project loaded only with SAS... Could have sworn it was working fine a couple weeks ago.

Is it not working right in 2021.2.8f1?