Search Unity

Samsung TIZEN App Challenge Made with Unity

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by SaraCecilia, Aug 22, 2016.

1. trancanhluc

trancanhluc

2. mr_zog

mr_zog

@Maulwurfmann We also got an Early Bird, but no Email yet. Have you received anything in the meantime?

3. thy3s

thy3s

+1 Early Bird here, still got no email :D

4. Symyon

Symyon

I had a Tizen Phone all this time and was watching the list you shared. It was always changing like once in a few days, adding new apps and old apps disappearing. Our app appeared there in last 3-4 days of the competition. By the way, it will be nice to see the number of downloads got the first 3 winners. Judging by the number of reviews alone (I know it is not accurate, but still), we had to go with at least the 3rd prize. By the way by the 21st of November we had over 77k downloads, and we published on 24th of October, so almost a month of downloads, not bad I'll say.

5. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

You know I was wondering if those test devices were seeing a different variant, and perhaps all apps were featured there on the real devices.

Anyway awesome work, you more than doubled my dl's!

Symyon likes this.
  6. mr_zog

mr_zog

@Maulwurfmann and other early birds: We received a confirmation email today and that the payout process is a bit delayed ...

Maulwurfmann likes this.
  7. mr_zog

mr_zog

We got another email today: You have to send them an invoice until Dec 22nd

8. Tzan

Tzan

That's the dumbest thing I ever heard.

MrEsquire likes this.
  9. TextusGames

TextusGames

Exact same problem

10. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

Use 5.4, it might not work on later versions or beta versions for some reason. I was getting a similar error in 5.5 beta, haven't tested release version.

11. TextusGames

TextusGames

Thank you for reply , i am using Unity 5.5 relese and there is this problem . I will try to switch back into 5.4

12. trancanhluc

trancanhluc

Hello all,
    I have two game on Tizen store, bus I can't implement ads from any advertiser.
    I wonder if somebody could lend me a hand by telling me how it's implement ads feauture for my game

13. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Did someone else receive today another email regarding the prize money??

And this one sounds very suspicious too:
    "Your email has been returned a lor of times, therefore, I’ve tried send you via another email.
    Please read below carefully and follow up as soon as possible."

I did not receive any complaints about this before...

And now they want additional documents regarding tax regulation and the best is we have to sent it to them by 9 January 2017 with mail express service :/

This sounds like a bad joke to me... If this is the way Samsung/Tizen is handling i really can`t understand. This procedure looks more like a shady try to make it as complicated as possible to try not to have to pay the prize money...

I would really love to hear a statement of one of the responsibles for this contest here...

14. Tzan

Tzan

I was thinking that last month, but now its definite, they have NO intention of paying at all.
    I have dealt with housing contractors and developers and its all about delaying, until you give up.
    If you walk away then they never pay. In the USA I have recourse in the courts, because I always sign a contract with them. Because they are over seas, I expect no matter what information you give them, they will never pay.

If anyone actually gives these scammers tax information I would expect identity theft soon after, so be careful.

Maybe its a third party company, that wants to keep all the money, and steal ids.

Any normal (reputable) company would have revealed 100% of the payment requirements the first time.

Has anyone actually gotten paid?

MrEsquire likes this.
  15. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Thank you for the post, its very interesting information, I think the amount of money offered was quiet high, hence they lose out, I do not think Samsung made profit from the apps sold and from the winners apps. Its like gambling on a way, when you lose they happy take money asap, when u win, they delay, do checks on you and all kinds paperwork- So if anyone does get paid be very greatful.

16. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

Do you really think that? Because I don't think Samsung thought,"damn, we lost so much money, lets not pay them" because they have yet another program where they will be spending $9M on Tizen apps and developers. I don't believe they care too much about $150k.

17. phpnato

phpnato

It's been 6 days since I sent an email requesting payment date information. So far I have not received an answer. Did someone get paid?

18. bariskaplan

bariskaplan

Last week I sent an e-mail and still waiting a reply like you.

19. bariskaplan

bariskaplan

I got paid today.

Thank you Tizen App Challenge Team

20. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

How much? what app?

21. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

His app was the second place winner. "School of Driving" or something like that.