Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Samsung S8 Daydream crash - split application binary

Discussion in 'Daydream' started by VirtualMedicine, Sep 19, 2017.

1. VirtualMedicine

VirtualMedicine

We are developing applications for Google Daydream and our application exceedes requested size for Google Play store. We have to divide it into apk file and obb file. Divided application works well on Google pixel, but does not work on Samsung Galaxy S8. Application contains 2 scenes, first scene works fine, but the application on Samsung s8 hangs when loading the second scene. When I build the application like one apk file, everything works well.

We are using google vr sdk 1.7 and Unity 2017.1.0p4

Could you please help me?

Best regards,

2. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

Go into Settings->Display->Screen Resolution and make sure you are running WQHD. Unity has a known issue where running in any other resolution will cause the app to terminate. This should be resolved soon.

If that isn't the issue then you'll need to look into logcat output and see what you can tell from that.

3. VirtualMedicine

VirtualMedicine

HI,
    I checked the resolution and it is ok, I also checked logfile, but there is no error. It looks like the app on Samsung can not find obb file.
    Thank you for your answer.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  4. Yury-Habets

Yury-Habets

Unity Technologies

If the OBB is working after phone restart -
    Please update to 2017.1p5 or add READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission to the manifest yourself.

5. holosean

holosean

Hi, I'm having the same issue and can't find any documentation from Unity to help me understand where I'm going wrong. S8 with Split Application Binary. Hangs on second scene load. Did you find a solution to this @VirtualMedicine ? Or anyone else got any ideas ? (restarting made no difference that may fix something else but not this)

6. Yury-Habets

Yury-Habets

Unity Technologies

@holosean what about you try the suggested solution?