Search Unity

Official Samples

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by MartinGram, Mar 20, 2018.

1. dracolytch

dracolytch

Hey folks, after being away from ECS for a couple of years, I thought I'd come back and take a look. I had a couple frustrations getting started (mostly due to old videos / tutorials / etc). I have the samples running, and a lot of them look good.

Any thoughts as to the limits of the ability for this to parallelize? I did the HelloCube "Spawn from MonoBehaviour" scene, and got it to over 100,000 cubes (already darn impressive), but I noticed my CPU and GPU were at 25% and 30% respectively. If I cranked up the numbers, the framerate would go down, but the CPU and GPU utilization wouldn't change.

Are there settings I can fiddle with to increase parallelism even more? I have a family of scientific data visualizations that might make use of this, and I want to utilize as much of the available systems as possible.

apkdev likes this.
  2. Antypodish

Antypodish

3. Tegleg

Tegleg

ok i give in and have to ask. 2 days trying to get these samples to work, trying different editor builds, trying to fix errors
    finally found an editor version to open without errors and can even run the scenes, however...

running the physics examples there is no input, the character controller and vehicles for example.
    what do i have to do to get the samples to respond to inputs? ie w,a,s,d etc do nothing

thanks

4. elJoel

elJoel

Add UNITY_INPUT_SYSTEM_EXISTS to the scriptingDefineSymbols
    https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/EntityComponentSystemSamples/issues/194