Search Unity

Samples 0.0.9 and updated packages out now

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by henrikpAtUnity, Jul 3, 2018.

1. henrikpAtUnity

henrikpAtUnity

Unity Technologies

We have now updated https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/EntityComponentSystemSamples and the related packages.
    You can read about some of the changes in the Release Notes here as usual.

We added two new projects, called Galactic Conquest and GravityDemo.
    So make sure you check those out as well.

If you have your own project and want to update just hop into the Package Manager window and update the Entities package.

Enjoy

Orimay, marodeur and eizenhorn like this.
  2. capyvara

capyvara

Cool, thanks!

What about the 0.0.9 release notes? (such as component group index injection, etc)

Matsuguma, FROS7 and zulfajuniadi like this.
  3. TheBiter

TheBiter

Just a heads up, tried booting up the updated samples in Unity 2018.2.0b11 Personal edition and am seeing errors out of box.
    Namely,
    Code (CSharp):
    1. (0,0): Unable to start the incremental compiler service:System.Exception: Subscribe exception: EAGAIN(11): Resource temporarily unavailable
    2. System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart()
    followed by
    Code (CSharp):
    1. (0,0): Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    very much similar to my issues in my original thread:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/issues-getting-ecs-samples-to-work.531232/
    which I originally resolved by editing the manifest JSON to use "com.unity.entities": "0.0.12-preview.4", and removed the incremental compiler. Since then I've only been working with entities preview 4 and can't update to later versions due to 5+'s dependencies on the incremental compiler (or so I've read). I've also read in other threads that apparently people have been able to update the incremental compiler past preview 1? I don't see any such option to go past preview 1 in the package manager and updating it manually in the manifest gives me an error window popup on loading Unity about how 2+ doesn't exist.

Maybe I'm missing some steps that other people have figured out? It would be nice to be able to be on the latest versions.

4. floboc

floboc