Search Unity

Bug Сamera flip during flythrough mode

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by EdMSL, Jun 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EdMSL

EdMSL

Hi. In Unity 2020 LTS and 2021.1 I have a problem: camera flips 360 degrees when I move the mouse during flythrough (right btn + WASD), even in new project without assets. This problem is not in 2019.4.

Some ideas?

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

I would look into Cinemachine to handle your camera stuff.

https://unity.com/unity/features/editor/art-and-design/cinemachine

Free from the package manager.

Otherwise if you want to debug your own camera control, here's some steps to try:

To help gain more insight into your problem, I recommend liberally sprinkling Debug.Log() statements through your code to display information in realtime.

Doing this should help you answer these types of questions:

- is this code even running? which parts are running? how often does it run? what order does it run in?
    - what are the values of the variables involved? Are they initialized? Are the values reasonable?

Knowing this information will help you reason about the behavior you are seeing.

You can also put in Debug.Break() to pause the Editor when certain interesting pieces of code run, and then study the scene

You could also just display various important quantities in UI Text elements to watch them change as you play the game.

If you are running a mobile device you can also view the console output. Google for how on your particular mobile target.

Here's an example of putting in a laser-focused Debug.Log() and how that can save you a TON of time wallowing around speculating what might be going wrong:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/coroutine-missing-hint-and-error.1103197/#post-7100494

3. PraetorBlue

PraetorBlue

Seems like a bug. File it as such.

@Kurt-Dekker this question is about scene view navigation.

Kurt-Dekker likes this.
  4. EdMSL

EdMSL

As PraetorBlue says, problem in the scene view, not in game.

Kurt-Dekker likes this.
  5. EdMSL

EdMSL

Should I create a bugreport?

6. PraetorBlue

PraetorBlue

7. EdMSL

EdMSL

8. IlyaSakhatskiy

IlyaSakhatskiy

Hello!

Stumbled in the same bug as TS. Turns out that was PuntoSwitcher (third party software runnig in background) to blame.
    To resolve this issue you have to disable Punto altogether or add Unity to exception list in PuntoSwitcher-s settings AND toggle on option
    "Do not interact with programms from exceptions list" in PuntoSwitcher Settings->Troubleshooting.

Have no idea why it worked just fine in 2019 and not in 2020 LTS.

Worked for me, hope it'll work for you.

9. EdMSL

EdMSL

Yes, it works for me too. And it resolved a problem with terrain brushes hotkeys too.
    Thanks for help:)

10. SquareBunnyBoy

SquareBunnyBoy

wow, friend! Thank you so much!! This bug driving me crazy for a months!! And it was just god damn punto switcher!!

11. Sett-0

Sett-0

You are my savior! Thank you very much!

fanlinp123 likes this.
  12. fanlinp123

fanlinp123

F**ing hell... Thank you for this solve! Punto switcher, you had to fight evil Not to join it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.