Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Same material, looks very different in two different projects

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by SergioPinto, Mar 4, 2021.

1. SergioPinto

SergioPinto

I am using Unity 2019.3.15, with HTC Valve, and trying to correct an old project.

I copied all the materials and 3D objects from the old project to the new one. However, one of my materials looks totally different in the new project, and I can't find out why.

I have compared, every parameter on the material, on the lighting settings, on the Player settings, and nothing solved it.

I'm attaching the comparisons between the old one and the new one, and can provide screenshots from all the settings (even though I have spent hours ticking every single box to make sure they are equal).

Can anyone help me, please?

Attached Files:

2. Pema-Malling

Pema-Malling

Unity Technologies

How are you transferring the files, just with drag-n-drop? Could you try exporting a package instead and importing it in the target project (Right Click Folder > Export Package).

From those screenshots, it looks to me like one project has lighting baked for the scene, but the other does not. If you didn't intend to use baked lighting, please clear it via the dropdown on the "Generate Lighting" button. If you did intend to use it, make sure to bake it with your desired settings in the new project.
    https://i.imgur.com/mzflRzn.png

Hope this helps :)

3. SergioPinto

SergioPinto

I copied it from one folder to the other, but I will try to export and import tomorrow and update you.

Yes, that screenshot had too different baking at that time, but I tried removing and creating it in both of them, and nothing changed.

Also, that is the only material that looks "illuminated", even if I remove all the lights, which is very strange.

Tomorrow I will try to export and import, and update you on that, thank you!

4. SergioPinto

SergioPinto

I've tried t o do that, but it didn't solved the problem. Apparently there was some issue with the lighting, and baking made this problem appear.

I solved it by changing my material, after baking, to look closer to what I wanted.

Thank you for the help!