Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.4 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

SALSA Lipsync Suite - lip-sync, emote, head, eye, and eyelid control system.

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Crazy-Minnow-Studio, Apr 23, 2014.

1. troach06

troach06

Awesome, if you need me to test anything let me know, or if you have any quick fixes I can do to the current integration before the new integration is released that would be great too. Thanks for looking into it, Salsa is currently the best and only option for realtime lip sync in VR!

Crazy-Minnow-Studio likes this.
  2. Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Crazy-Minnow-Studio

A patch for our OneClick UMA DCS v2.3.1 add-on is now available in our downloads section:

OneClick UMA DCS - Patch v2.3.2

https://crazyminnowstudio.com/unity-3d/lip-sync-salsa/downloads/
    • Install UMA v2.10
    • Install SALSA v2.4.1.
    • Install OneClick Base v2.1.6
    • Install OneClick UMA DCS v2.3.1
    • Download OneClick UMA DCS - Patch v2.3.2, extract the zip and overwrite the existing UmaUepDriver.cs file found under the following path:
    Assets/Crazy Minnow Studio/Addons/OneClickUMA/UmaUepDriver.cs

This is a temporary fix until we release SALSA v2.5.0, which contains tons of improvements that will require new releases of all of our one-click setups.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020 at 3:44 PM
  3. troach06

troach06

Thanks for the patch guys, works perfectly! Now I can continue development. Much appreciated, looking forward to Salsa 2.5 :)

4. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hello Crazy Minnow Studio,

thanks for Salsa, it is working perfect in our game Biotopia 3D :cool:

Our new game will be a kind of space shooter. We would like to have our own heads in it talking, some kind of "voice radio". We would like to use Salsa for the animation of the heads.

- Any idea how we get our "real" heads into the game, or something that comes close?

And we need talking enemies, aliens or maybe monsters of whatevery. Heads would be enough.
    - Any idea were to get Salsa compatible alien heads or something like that?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020 at 7:45 AM
  5. Castiel412

Castiel412

Hi again!

While oneclick already makes everything much faster to re-import, we are often required to still perform some adjustments afterwards. Is there a way to export an existing SALSA setup as a 'new' oneclick? Or some other way to export a SALSA setup?

Thanks! :)

6. Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Hello! We do have a script that we utilize internally to initially create OneClicks and sometimes to tune existing OneClicks. We have been considering release of the script to the public as a means for customers to grab snapshots of their configurations. The script *only* captures SALSA and EmoteR configurations (it does not capture Eyes module configurations). And, it does not capture all SALSA and EmoteR settings, only the primary viseme and emote setups -- basically the same options that are configured with a OneClick. There are no current plans to update the script beyond its current implementation and it would certainly be a "use at your own discretion" deal. If there is interest, let us know.

Thanks,
    D.

7. Castiel412

Castiel412

That would be great! We are totally fine with the 'use at your own risk' :) We often have to tweak the lipsync visemes and some other settings to match new character voices and it's a bit of a pain having to manually update the oneclicks each time that happens. Grabbing a snapshot of the current configuration is exactly what we are looking for!

8. dswigger

dswigger

@Crazy-Minnow-Studio Hello. I am trying to get things properly setup. I am using CC3 characters exported as GameBase. I used your one click setup. I can't really get the head to work right. If I just leave it as the one click did its always favoring looking down. If I add a look target - it doesn't work at all. This is screenshot where I put a transform right out in front of him. I did have this working before but am unsure how I messed it up.

Attached Files:

9. Syllvia

Syllvia

Howdy, just thought i'd mention that the current integration for Adventure Creator seems to be busted, as there's a great deal of eyes errors.
    "Assets\Crazy Minnow Studio\Addons\AdventureCreator\Actions\Eyes_SetAffinity.cs(81,21): error CS0103: The name 'eyes' does not exist in the current context"
    Assets\Crazy Minnow Studio\Addons\AdventureCreator\Actions\Eyes_EnableAll.cs(133,8): error CS0103: The name 'eyes' does not exist in the current context
    Assets\Crazy Minnow Studio\Addons\AdventureCreator\Actions\Eyes_SetRandom.cs(108,8): error CS0103: The name 'eyes' does not exist in the current context
    ect

I know ya'll are in the middle of a big update for the eyes system so names and stuff are likely changing, is there a hotfix i could apply to this?

EDIT:
    it looks like the error is that the "#if SALSA is present, enables these parts of the code" stuff isn't actually triggering so the eyes/handler variables never actually get created. I solved it by forcing SALSA to exist at the top of the namespaces instead of depending on an if, and commented out the "if exists" parts of private Eyes eyes and ect, and the error seem to be gone.

I have no clue if this will cause issues, but it's the best i got atm, so just a headsup about that.

editedit: Or maybe i should have read the manual closer and seen you gotta add a scripting define symbol. yup, that would do it. aaaaa. my bad.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020 at 2:32 AM
unityunity