Search Unity

SALSA Lipsync Suite - lip-sync, emote, head, eye, and eyelid control system.

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Crazy-Minnow-Studio, Apr 23, 2014.

1. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

Sorry to add to the Fuse 1-click drama, but this happens to all my figures… (at least 2 of them I've tested…)

Head drops into the chest...

1-click.png

This is Fuse 1-click 2.0.2 and Unity 2018.4

(I get similar prefab errors)

2. Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Is this Unity 2019? 2019 now considers FBX models a prefab. We're looking into a way edit the prefab in code, but in the meantime you can work around this issue by following the steps below:
    • Drag your character into the scene.
    • Right click on the character root and select unpack.
    • Apply the one-click setup.
    • Leave the model unpacked, or create a new prefab out of it. Now that the modifications are made, it's prefab status doesn't matter to SALSA.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  3. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

2018.4… but yeah, it's the same prefab issue. Sorry for the redundant post.

that cleared it.
    image.png

4. Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Glad that cleared it up. No worries, we know this is not optimal and will sort it out as soon as possible.

5. Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Hey Everyone!

I've just published new OneClicks (v2.1.0) for OneClickBase, Fuse, DAZ, iClone, and CC3 (iClone and CC3 have been separated out into two packages).

Fuse was updated to be in-line with the others as far as naming and settings changes on visemes and emotes. The emphasis settings have been changed to apply a more lively and fluid set of animations to the model. This is a worthy update for what we feel is a better looking OneClick.

ALL packages were updated with new directory structures and the ability to apply them during run-time on associated models. This was primarily put in place to pave the way for Autodesk LOD's and UMA functionality.

Documentation for OneClicks.

Thanks!
    Darrin

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
    wetcircuit likes this.
  6. Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Hello,
    We have a helper solution for the OneClick prefab issue encountered in Unity 2018.3+ we are currently testing. This solution will detect if UnityEngine believes the model to be part of a prefab and presents a notification. The notification has an option to unpack the prefab for you, or cancel the operation. This prefab issue appears to only present itself while in Editor mode -- it does not appear to be a problem for runtime operations.

At this time, we feel this is the best solution to leave the treatment of the prefab up to you instead of brute forcing our way into it without your knowledge. It also should prevent the weird behavior and console errors that appear with the current OneClick versions.

We hope to have this update pushed out sometime today. Stay tuned!

Thanks!
    D.

atomicjoe likes this.
  7. atomicjoe

atomicjoe

Seems right to me.

8. Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Referring to post #1356 above, version 2.1.1 of all OneClick files have been published. Please ensure you update your OneClickBase if/when you update your OneClick of choice.

9. magique

magique

@Crazy-Minnow-Studio I just tried the new SALSA with CC3 and it's not quite working for me. The character speaks the promo audio and I have eye movement and correct lip movement, but the mouth doesn't work. It looks like the character is clamping his teeth together and speaking with just his lips. So the teeth are always clenched together.

[EDIT]
    I should add that I followed the recommended procedure from Reallusion to replace the normal eyes and teeth setup with the Game eyes and game teeth. The eyes work with this setup, but not the teeth.

[EDIT 2]
    OK, so I got it worked out. I had to modify the teeth positions in CC3 so that they worked better. SALSA is working just fine. Btw, loving the automatic random head movements and expressiveness.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
    Crazy-Minnow-Studio likes this.
  10. Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Glad it's working, and nice to hear you're enjoying the new shiny bits. Any chance you could post of few details about the issue and how to solve it in CC3 in case anyone else runs into the same issue?

11. magique

magique

The issue was where it looked like the inner mouth wasn't opening at all, but like the character was clenching his teeth and just moving his lips. I think it happened because the CC3 tutorial has you select the upper and lower teeth and adjust them by moving the bottom teeth up and the top teeth down. But this causes them to be too close together and you can't see any movement when the mouth is supposed to be opened. So, I went back and simply selected the upper and lower teeth elements and separated them a lot more. This gives the desired results.

12. atomicjoe

atomicjoe

First of all, I haven't yet tested Salsa with my characters (because I'm REALLY busy with other stuff and I know once I'll get into my characters speech it will be a long ride)

What I do know is, with Daz Genesis characters on Unity, the face blendshapes don't actually move the internal jaws with the teeth, so, a system that only uses blendshapes to animate the mouth will not move the teeth, since they are parented to the jaw and that moves using a bone.

Again, since I haven't yet tested Salsa, I don't know if it only uses blendshapes or if it uses blendshapes along with jaw bone rotations. But if it's using only blendshapes without rotating the jaw bone too, the teeth will stay in place even if the mouth moves.

-EDIT: I was wrong. Blendshapes do move teeth on Daz characters.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  13. magique

magique

Are you referring to my issue? I'm not using Daz characters. I am using CC3.

14. Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Thanks!

15. atomicjoe

atomicjoe

I know, but it made me think of the blendshape + jaw bone configuration of daz characters and I thought it could be related.
    -EDIT: I was wrong. Blendshapes do move teeth on Daz characters.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  16. Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Crazy-Minnow-Studio

SALSA currently works with Bones, Blendshapes, Sprites, Ugui Sprites, Materials, and Textures. We setup each character system OneClick to leverage whatever the character has to create what we think is the best looking combination. We consider the OneClicks a shortcut to a good starting point, but of course everyone is free to modify settings until the results suit their individual needs.

(From our experience) DAZ models do animate jaw/teeth with blendshapes. Here are the visemes we produced with a generic-ish DAZ Genesis 1 model, previewing each of the 7 visemes. No jaw bone component has been added, purely blendshapes.
    SALSA-daz-visemes.png
    CC3 models do not animate the jaw/teeth with blendshapes and we had to add an expression component to handle the teeth. Here are the viseme previews of a CC3 model.
    SALSA-cc3-visemes.png

@magique, can you confirm whether or not a "teeth" bone component was added to your SALSA viseme expressions during the OneClick? A bone component is included in each of our CC3 visemes and if you didn't get it, it is possible the OneClick didn't find it.

Thanks,
    Darrin

Attached Files:

17. Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Crazy-Minnow-Studio

18. atomicjoe

atomicjoe

Sorry, you're right: teeth do move with blendshapes on Daz characters.
    I might got confused by other character setups/tests I did in the past.

19. Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Crazy-Minnow-Studio

We have updated and published AmplitudeSALSA for SALSA LipSync v2. This allows SALSA LipSync v2 to produce lip-synchronization on WebGL platforms. It requires the Amplitude for WebGL asset (sold-separately).

NOTE: The minimum requirement for using this updated Amplitude add-on with SALSA LipSync v2 is Unity version 2017.2+.

For information, please see this blog post.

20. Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Hello everyone!
    All add-ons have been published for SALSA LipSync Suite v2.

We have two OneClicks remaining: Autodesk and UMA. Autodesk is pretty much complete, we should have it published in a couple of days.

Additionally, the upgrade price discount will be expiring next week (July 11th), at which time it will increase from $4 to $15. If you have been waiting to upgrade, make sure you get the deal before it expires.

atomicjoe likes this.
  21. Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    shredingskin likes this.
  22. Jaimi

Jaimi

Is the UMA DCS version coming soon?

23. Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Hi Jaimi,

UMA is next, we're working on it now. We've been playing with 2.8.1 to get familiar and weighing the options of direct bone linkage, a custom controller for ExpressionPlayer, and/or a mecanim controller to leverage the phoneme animations that ship with the package. A custom ExpressionPlayer controller seems like it's probably the best option, and after some testing seems easy enough to implement. I really love the new UMA getting started guide and prefabs (very straight forward) so we'll probably hang our one-click setup as the next step after that.

Michael

24. magique

magique

I checked and I see CC_Base_Teeth02 added. Those are the bottom teeth.

25. Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Awesome! We only set the bottom (jaw) up to animate in the OneClick. If you need more movement, put the associated viseme into preview mode and then expand the "teeth" bone component. You will see a button "adjust". If you click that, it will lock the inspector on SALSA, focus the bone in the viewport, and allow you to adjust it (rotation) to your liking. Once you have it set where you want it for the max rotation, go back to the SALSA inspector and click in an empty spot to make sure the interface updates. You'll see a '<' option next to Max. Clicking that will set the new rotation as the Max setting.

Hope that helps!
    Darrin

magique likes this.
  26. Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Crazy-Minnow-Studio

UMA One-Click setup (work in progress). Our initial release (once it's ready) will use direct bone mapping instead of the UMA expression player component. We've decided to go this route because our queue processor provides automatic conflict resolution and expression prioritization when using the Salsa, Emoter, and the Eyes components together. This provides some really cool features like emoting the head, eyes, and eyelids, and they automatically override the default head, eye, and eyelid behaviors while the emote occurs, then resumes normal operation after the emote finishes. Here's a quick sample video of our WIP that shows speech emphasis emotes being prioritized over random head movement, saccadic eye movement, and blinking and eyelid tracking. We're hoping to have the initial UMA One-Click available by the end of the week. Let us know what you think of the result so far.

Jaimi and Firlefanz73 like this.
  27. shredingskin

shredingskin

It seems like the new CC3 oneclick turns the eyes of the character 90 degrees to the left.
    Using Salsa 2.0.1, cc3 oneclick 2.1.3, one click 2.1.3 and unty 2019.1.9f1
    Older version seemed to work fine for me.

Attached Files:

28. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

This is really looking good! Well done.
    Will there be features to have a "look target" or emotions, too?

29. Jaimi

Jaimi

Nice!

I need to remove that hair though. The "Buzzcut" hair has a similar but 80x better look (lol).

30. Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Hi shredingskin,
    We'll look into this and get back to you.

31. Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Hi Firlefanz73,
    Yes, this example is using SALSA LipSync suite natively so all normal features will be available. The one-click simply adds a couple of component scripts that wait for the UMA CharacterCreated event to perform a Salsa, Emoter, and Eyes setup at run-time.

32. Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Hi Jaimi,

We used the Expression designer scene with the design-time charter (but without the Expression Player) to do the initial setup, which made it much easier to figure out what all the expressions should be made up of and what they should look like, then dumped the setup to One-Click configuration scripts.

33. Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Hello shredingskin,
    I just re-tested CC3 in 2019.1.8 with a new scene and CC3 model and everything applied correctly (except for one of the emotes that I just noticed -- will look into that). I'm going to update to 2019.1.9 and test again, in the meantime...

Question:
    Did you apply this over a character that already had an older version of the OneClick installed? If so, try removing all of the SALSA-suite-related components and run the OneClick again.

I'll touch back again shortly after testing in 2019.1.9.

Thanks,
    Darrin

34. shredingskin

shredingskin

I've tried removing and applying it again, same problem.
    Works with applying it again to the model though. So user error I guess.

35. Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Sorry shredingskin, I cannot reproduce the behavior you are seeing. I just upgraded my project to 2019.1.9 and retested with a fresh scene and it all applies perfectly (except for the loss of the 'flare' emote which I am going to look into right now).

36. Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Crazy-Minnow-Studio

If you would, send me your model and I will see if I can reproduce the same behavior. Perhaps it is a model issue -- although, if you were able to get it to work with a second application, that probably is not the case.

37. shredingskin

shredingskin

I was using adventure creator player and it references the neck twist transform, so maybe that was interfering the process.
    Just started again and it works as intended now.

38. Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Crazy-Minnow-Studio

It is also possible that some of the hierarchy got out of sync when updating from earlier versions to this version. There was an initial bug that caused "fix" bones to continue to layer if the OneClick was repeatedly applied to a model. If that were the case, it could be that the reapply didn't remove enough layers until it was applied the last time. Let us know if you experience it on any fresh models going forward.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  39. Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Crazy-Minnow-Studio

NOTE: OneClickCC3 has been updated to v2.1.4 (includes a very small fix for one of the emphasis emotes).

40. nirvanajie

nirvanajie

Hi,
    I used SALSA v1 with MCS system before. I want to upgrade to V2 but SALSA V2 does not support MCS anymore.

Do you plan to add 1-click setup to MCS again in the near future since MCS is open source now?

41. Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Hi nirvanajie,

As far as we know, the developer deprecated this system and no longer supports it. We have no plans to support it.

42. nirvanajie

nirvanajie

Is it possible to use SALSA v2 with 1-click setup for v1?

43. Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Hello nirvanajie,
    No, it is not possible to use v1 1-click setups with v2. SALSA LipSync v2 is a complete re-write of the asset modules and the implementation is quite different from the v1 core.

That said, SALSA LipSync v2 can be used with pretty much any model system that leverages bone/blendshape animations, but will require manual setup if there is not a OneClick option available. OneClick setups are only a starting point for character setup and while we feel they portray a great look-and-feel to the character models, designers should feel free to tweak or modify to their own needs or requirements.

In the case of the MCS models, setup is relatively easy since the models have a decent selection of visemes available. In fact, our early development testing was performed on an MCS model we manually configured in the system (used in our pre-release teaser demonstration video which you can find on our YouTube channel). If you want to manually setup any model similarly to how we setup the OneClick, we currently recommend the following viseme set (in trigger order):
    • w, t, f, th, ow, ee, oo
    But, since the MCS developer has chosen to deprecate their own package/system, we do not support their system ourselves. If the system becomes a supported, stable, and popular open-source option in the future, we will look into providing OneClick support.

Hope that helps,
    Darrin

nirvanajie and wetcircuit like this.
  44. Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Hello current and future SALSA LipSync Suite customers,

On the subject of Unity version support:
    SALSA LipSync Suite is currently ONLY supported in stable, release versions 5.6.0+. Over the years, Unity has become much more open with their development releases and makes very early technical preview, alpha, and beta versions available to everyone. Since these versions are quite volatile in their development changes, we do not officially support Unity versions until they reach the stable release channel.

We also do not block SALSA LipSync Suite imports into any version of Unity. You are free to try the suite in any version of Unity you wish. The latest officially-supported version is Unity 2019.1.x -- SALSA works and is supported in this version. Version 2019.2 is beta and 2019.3 is alpha and we do not support these versions. We have already seen that there were issues with many assets (even Unity's own TextMeshPro) in early versions of 2019.2 and 2019.3. In fact, SALSA did not work out-of-the-box without changes to Unity's .net requirements in Player settings. However, in the latest beta and alpha versions, SALSA imports and runs without issue.

When using SALSA LipSync Suite with other integrations, bear in mind there may be additional version requirements for those assets/products.

Please do not purchase SALSA LipSync Suite if your expectation is for it to work in non-final Unity releases and you want support if it does not. If possible, we will support all stated final releases and will list any versions where support is not possible. We hugely appreciate your support and understanding and if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us via our support email (assetsupport@crazyminnow.com) or post in this forum thread. We welcome ratings and reviews, but we cannot support you from that platform.

atomicjoe and wetcircuit like this.
  45. Roohul

Roohul

I am trying to use salsa with mixamo fuse characters. I am trying to install 1 click setup for fuse characters but no menu appearing in unity as mentioned in documentation. I have installed base 1 click package and OneClick Fuse pakcage. using unity 2018.3.14f1 and still struggling to get it work. I can see no menu item for 1 click setup. I need help

46. Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Hello,
    Are you looking for the OneClick under the GameObject menu?

47. TheEndersWAR

TheEndersWAR

do we have support for Vroid Studio?

48. GambitMonkey

GambitMonkey

Hey guys I saw a few posts up that the UMA integration was getting close. Just wanted to see if we can get an update as its been a little over a week.

I know you all have been slammed since the v2 release, but chomping at the bit to try this out! :)

49. Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Hi TheEndersWAR,

I've heard of VRoid from Mike over at GameFromScratch but have not looked into it. Do the generated characters have an animatable face (bones, blendshapes, multiple sprite or texture frames)?

50. Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Crazy-Minnow-Studio

Hi docseuss,

We did a direct bone map config and got pretty good results, but since this would conflict with the UMAExpressionPlayer and would require that UMAExpressionPlayer not be used, we decided to look into a more UMAExpressionPlayer integrated approach to see if we could build an add-on controller to support UMAExpressionPlayer expressions directly. This new approach is now working and we're working on integrating and testing it.

GambitMonkey likes this.