Search Unity

[SALE 50% OFF] Quest Machine: Hand-Written and Procedurally-Generated Quests

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by TonyLi, Sep 20, 2017.

1. TonyLi

TonyLi

Hi! I'm working on updating the Quest Machine and Dialogue System integrations for the recently-released Emerald AI 3.0. They should be ready in the next few days.

wood333 likes this.
  2. TonyLi

TonyLi

Integration Updated for Emerald AI 3.0

The Quest Machine Extras page has a new download for Emerald AI 3.0 integration. This package will also be in Quest Machine version 1.2.20.
    (@wood333)

3. wood333

wood333

Sweet !!

4. TonyLi

TonyLi

Quest Machine 1.2.20 Released

Version 1.2.20 is now live on the Asset Store!

If you use Opsive's Ultimate Inventory System 1.2, an update for Quest Machine's integration is available on the Quest Machine Extras page. The full updated integration package should be available on Opsive's site soon.

Release Notes:
    • Improved: Localize UI component can now localize TextMeshPro components in addition to TextMeshProUGUI.
    • Fixed: Abandoning quest could cause journal UI to report non-fatal error.
    • Fixed: InputDeviceManager when using Input System now ignores keycodes for mouse buttons.
    • Demo: Changed Knight.OnInteract to QuestGeneratorEntity.StartDialogueWithPlayer so he can generate infinite quests.
    • Save System: Added version info to saved games.
    • Save System: DiskSavedGameDataStorer Added dropdown to use persistentDataPath, dataPath, or custom location.
    • Save System: DiskSavedGameDataStorer now saves to intermediate file first in case writing to file fails.
    • Save System: DiskSavedGameDataStorer will now rebuild saveinfo.data (catalog) automatically if missing.
    • Save System: DiskSavedGameDataStorer change -- will now throw exception if fails to write to disk.
    • Emerald AI: Updated for Emerald AI 3.0.
    • Opsive Ultimate Inventory System: Add/Remove Item actions can specify item collection to operate on.
    • Super Text Mesh: Added support.

skinwalker likes this.
  5. TonyLi

TonyLi

Pixel Crushers Publisher Sale

upload_2021-11-1_9-6-49.png

All Pixel Crushers assets are 50% off in the Asset Store's Publisher Sale!

You've seen Pixel Crushers assets in award-winning games such as Disco Elysium, Suzerain, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, and many many more.

Free gift: During the sale, you can get Love/Hate absolutely free, no strings attached, with coupon code TOOLBOX.

Excellent assets by Digital Ruby and Davit Naskidashvili are also in the Publisher Sale!

6. TonyLi

TonyLi

Quest Machine 1.2.21 Released

Quest Machine 1.2.21 is now live on the Asset Store. And available for 50% above in the Publisher Sale! (see above)

Release Notes:
    • Improved: SetQuestState action now has option to set all quest node states to same state.
    • Fixed: Warning when loading saved quest journals with active quest nodes that reference other quests in journal.
    • Fixed: Always Face Camera switches to new main camera if cached main camera reference is disabled.
    • Fixed: Input Device Manager can now translate KeyCode.Return when using new Input System package.
    • Fixed: UIPanel no longer deactivates GameObject on start if state is set to Closed but deactivateOnHidden is false.
    • Corgi Engine: Now supports Character Persistence component on player GameObject.
    • Dialogue System: Fixed missing barrel assignment in demo scene.
    • Invector: InvectorStatsSaver component now also saves stamina.
    • Opsive Ultimate Inventory System: Updated for UIS 1.2; fixed potential null reference exception in UISItemAmountQuestCondition.

7. TonyLi

TonyLi

8. TonyLi

TonyLi

Last Chance: Pixel Crushers Publisher Sale Ends Today

The Asset Store's Publisher Sale ends today. Quest Machine -- and all Pixel Crushers assets -- are 50% off until midnight PST. You can also get great discounts on fantastic assets by Digital Ruby and Davit Naskidashvili.

The best place to start with Quest Machine are the video tutorials:
    https://www.pixelcrushers.com/quest-machine-video-tutorials/

Reminder - 3 Free Gifts: The three of us publishers are each giving away a free gift, no purchase necessary. To get Love/Hate, Fingers, and Resize Pro, add them to your cart and use coupon code TOOLBOX at checkbox. Remember to use the coupon code to get them for free!

9. wood333

wood333

Getting errors on the Emerald Integration with latest versions of QM and Emerald. Errors QM 1-2-21 and Emerald 3.1.PNG

10. TonyLi

TonyLi

The latest Emerald AI 2 or 3?

11. wood333

wood333

I attempted to import the new integration packages, but the notice said I already had them in the project.

Emerald 3.1 and QM 1-2-21

There were no errors with E 3.0 and QM 1-2-20, which I backed up. ;)

FYI, I upgraded 1-2-21 on top of 1-2-20, and I removed the contents of the Emerald Folder before upgrading per their notes in their forum.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
  12. TonyLi

TonyLi

Thanks. I just confirmed this. Several of Emerald AI's demo scripts are missing from Emerald AI 3.1. They may have been replaced with different scripts in 3.1. I'll investigate and post a patch by the end of the day.

13. wood333

wood333

I said it before, and I'll say it again, "Sweet!" Tony, you are the best!

14. TonyLi

TonyLi

@wood333 - This patch should get you running again. It updates the integration scripts so they don't look for the player controller scripts included in Emerald AI 3.0 and earlier.

(For any other readers who are using Emerald AI 3.0 or older, if you use this patch add a Scripting Define Symbol EMERALD_AI_3_0_OR_OLDER.)

Since it looks like Emerald AI 3.1 no longer includes a player-controlled demo scene, I'll have to build a new example scene from scratch. That's not in the attached patch. I'll include it in the updated package in the next Quest Machine release.

Attached Files:

15. wood333

wood333

Almost, but two new errors
    2 new errors.PNG

I don't have to work with the integration right now, as there are other things I can do with QM for the present. Is there a script or two I can delete to get the scene running again? I can wait for the other bells and whistles.

16. TonyLi

TonyLi

I just updated the package above. Since this is a one-off patch, I hand-selected the script folders and missed one.

wood333 likes this.
  17. wood333

wood333

Victory! Got the new package in. Errors are gone. Project plays in Unity editor. Success!

TonyLi likes this.
  18. TonyLi

TonyLi

Black Friday Sale - 50% Off Right Now

upload_2021-11-15_9-9-2.jpeg

Quest Machine is 50% off in the Black Friday Sale!

19. TonyLi

TonyLi

SPACE CHEF - Kickstarter Ends Today - Dev Livestream 2 PM EST/11 AM PST/20 CET

Today is the last day of the Kickstarter for SPACE CHEF, being made with Quest Machine and the Dialogue System for Unity. It immediately shot to 200% funded and then started knocking down stretch goals. If you're interested in backing it, you can help the devs reach the next stretch goal: Pets.

They're doing a live stream today at 2 PM EST/11 AM PST/20 CET at https://twitch.tv/bluegoogames

Reminder: Quest Machine and the Dialogue System for Unity are both 50% off in the Black Friday Sale!

20. TonyLi

TonyLi

The Way of Wrath - New Trailer

Publisher Hooded Horse recently picked up Animmal's low-fantasy tactical RPG The Way of Wrath, which is made with Quest Machine and the Dialogue System for Unity, and released a great-looking new trailer for the game through IGN:

Congratulations to The Way of Wrath and Hooded Horse!

Reminder: Quest Machine and the Dialogue System for Unity are both 50% off in the Black Friday Sale!

21. TonyLi

TonyLi

Reminder: Quest Machine 50% Off

Quest Machine (along with the Dialogue System for Unity and Love/Hate) is 50% off in the Black Friday Sale!

With Quest Machine, you can design any quest you want in the friendly node-based editor and/or set it up to procedurally generate unlimited new quests for you based on the current state of the game world.

You can see Quest Machine in action in games such as Space Chef:

The Way of Wrath:

VAST:

and many more.

Reminder: Quest Machine, the Dialogue System for Unity, and Love/Hate are all 50% off in the Black Friday Sale through December 4!

22. wood333

wood333

Quick question. My first attempt of tag use failed. Where exactly do I set the "Questor" name. I found one place, in the journal, but apparently that wasn't it. I used the Quest Reference Tag button to insert {QUESTER} into the offer text, and gave the player a name in the Journal inspector. However, I get a blank space where the name is expected.

SOLVED: As the quest was not accepted, yet, I should have used {GREETER}. That works.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  23. TonyLi

TonyLi

Hi! Quest Machine automatically sets the QUESTER tag when the quester (e.g., player) accepts a quest. If you want to specify what text it uses, inspect the player's Quest Journal component and set the Display Name. Also set the ID, which will go into the QUESTERID tag.

wood333 likes this.
  24. TonyLi

TonyLi

Black Friday Sale Ends @ Midnight PST

The Asset Store's Black Friday Sale ends tonight at 11:59:59 PM PST.

If you have sale items in your cart, including Quest Machine, Love/Hate, and the Dialogue System for Unity, remember to check out before then!

upload_2021-12-4_8-44-48.png

If you're new to Quest Machine, check out the video tutorials:

25. TonyLi

TonyLi

Quest Machine 50% Off !

upload_2021-12-13_8-32-51.jpeg
    upload_2021-12-13_8-35-41.png

Quest Machine is 50% off in the Asset Store's final sale of the year. Use an easy node-based editor to design your quests and/or let the procedural generator dynamically create new quests at runtime based on the current game state. Includes language localization support, save system, and more.

If your cart totals $150+, use coupon code HELLO2022 for an extra 5% off everything.

Attached Files:

26. TonyLi

TonyLi

Quest Machine 1.2.22 Released

Release Notes:
    • Changed: Quest Machine prefab's canvas uses Canvas Scaler that scales to screen size.
    • Changed: Added QuestIndicatorManager checkbox Check Single Player Journal (default ticked).
    • Fixed: QuestGiver data retrieval methods now automatically find player journal from player GameObject.
    • Fixed: DomainType, PlayerEntityType now support disabled domain reloading.
    • Fixed: Input Device Manager inspector could report error with mixed input modes when an input definition was invalid.
    • Improved: UIPanel waitForShowAnimation property is now public.
    • Save System: SaveSystemMethods methods are now virtual.
    • Save System: SpawnedObjectManager can now save unique saver data on spawned entities of the same type.
    • Save System: Added overrideable method SceneTransitionManager.OnLoading.
    • Opsive Ultimate Inventory System: If omitting inventory owner name, now checks all GameObjects tagged Player.
    • Emerald AI: Updated for 3.1.
    • Inventory Engine: Updated for 3.0.

Reminder: Love/Hate, the Dialogue System for Unity, and Quest Machine are on all 50% off in the Asset Store's New Year Sale.

If your cart totals $150+, use coupon code HELLO2022 for an extra 5% off everything.

27. TonyLi

TonyLi

28. TonyLi

TonyLi

Happy New Year!

Quest Machine 50% off in New Year Sale!

Write your quests in a friendly node-based editor and/or have Quest Machine procedurally generate quests at runtime based on the player's current game world state.

Coupon code HELLO2022 expires at midnight PST. If your cart totals $150+, remember to check out with HELLO2022 today for an extra 5% off everything.

The Dialogue System for Unity and Love/Hate are also 50% off.

Have a happy and safe New Year!

29. wood333

wood333

I am about to import the new version 1.2.22, But I believe I have an unrelated issue.

My player character is a prefab spawned in by Invector. Everything works until He dies and respawns. On respawn, the journal will not open, by key or button. The button flickers a little, but that's it. Otherwise my test quest still works, but no journal.

30. TonyLi

TonyLi

Hi! Don't hook up your UI Button directly to QuestJournal.ToggleJournalUI (or Show/HideJournalUI). Instead, add a QuestJournalButton component to your UI Button, and configure the UI Button's OnClick() event to call QuestJournalButton.ToggleJournalUI.

Due to a small Asset Store issue, a script shared by Quest Machine and the Dialogue System is out of sync in the store packages. If you use Dialogue System 2.2.23.x, please import it (or reimport it) after updating Quest Machine. This will be addressed in DS 2.2.24 and QM 1.2.23, which should hopefully be available tomorrow.

31. wood333

wood333

Thank you Tony for fast quality support, as always. :)

TonyLi likes this.
  32. TonyLi

TonyLi

New Year Sale Ends Tomorrow - Quest Machine On Sale

Quest Machine is 50% off in New Year Sale!

Write your quests in a friendly node-based editor and/or have Quest Machine procedurally generate quests at runtime based on the player's current game world state.

The Dialogue System for Unity and Love/Hate are also 50% off, and they all have integration with each other.

Quest Machine 1.10.23 Released

Version 1.10.23 is now live on the Asset Store.

Release Notes:
    • Fixed: Procedural quest generator now correctly handles action conditions that require counter to be "at most" a goal value.
    • Fixed: QuestJournalButton add component menu item name was incorrect.
    • Fixed: Wrapped SubsystemRegistration methods in #if UNITY_EDITOR to prevent error message in builds in certain Unity versions.
    • Improved: UI panels that enforce button focus for key/joystick navigation now re-select previous selection after opening & closing other UIs.
    • Save System: Now handles case where saver's ApplyData removes other savers from scene while loading saved game.
    • Emerald AI: Fixed name of Emerald AI Kill quest action.
    • Emerald AI: Updated [EmeraldAIFaction] attribute for Emerald AI 3.1 change.
    • TopDown Engine: Improved player pause/input disabling during Quest Machine UIs.

33. wechat_os_Qy0z_aF7Nfhquhava38GLxUWU

wechat_os_Qy0z_aF7Nfhquhava38GLxUWU

Dose Quest Machine dialogue function can work with Corgi Engine?(And Inventory Engine) .Im already bought Dialogue System a weeks ago.Still Learning it.And i bought Quest Machine too.Seem like these (corgi,inventory,dialogue,quest)plugins had their own save system.Will these save systems conflict with each other?If i already download Dialogue System.Do i need organize folders before download Quest Machine? Sorry about these questions im a Unity beginner.I m glad to hear your answers:)

34. TonyLi

TonyLi

Hi!

Quest Machine works with Inventory Engine and the Dialogue System for Unity. It does not include a specific integration for Corgi Engine, but since you're using the Dialogue System you can rely on the Dialogue System's Corgi integration.

Quest Machine and the Dialogue System share the same Pixel Crushers save system. You can use their save system or the More Mountains save system. If you use the Pixel Crushers save system, it can save Corgi and Inventory Engine data. If you use the More Mountains save system, the integrations provide components that allow it to save Quest Machine and Dialogue System data.

In general, I strongly recommend leaving Asset Store assets in their original locations. Unity has some special folders such as Gizmos, Editor Default Resources, and Plugins that should not be moved or renamed.

Experienced Unity developers usually create a folder for their project-specific files. You can name it something like Assets/_Game or Assets/_Project. The underscore ( _ ) character keeps it at the top of the Project view. You can then put all your content in this folder's hierarchy to keep it separate from third party assets.

35. wechat_os_Qy0z_aF7Nfhquhava38GLxUWU

wechat_os_Qy0z_aF7Nfhquhava38GLxUWU

Thank you very much!Very professinal!These plugins really helps some no-coding background artist like me!

TonyLi likes this.
  36. TonyLi

TonyLi

upload_2022-2-4_9-39-16.png

The Unity Asset Store's Lightning Deals are coming back on February 8. You'll be able to get Quest Machine at a massive discount. You can sign up for notifications on the Lightning Deals page.

37. TonyLi

TonyLi

Quest Machine 1.2.24 Released

Version 1.2.24 is now available on the Asset Store!

Release Notes:
    • Improved: Return To NPC wizard now shows popup to ask whether to change quest state on "Discuss" or "Discussed' message.
    • Improved: Added utility component ShowCursorWhileEnabled.
    • Fixed: TimerManager now observes disabled domain reloading.
    • HUD Navigation System: Added component to toggle HUD element's visibility when quest tracking is toggled.
    • Invector: Updated bridge to pause player using new Invector methods.
    • uMMORPG Remastered: Added support.
    • uSurvival: Can now procedurally generate quests to fetch uSurvival items.

Quest Machine is also in the Lightning Deals starting in about 30 minutes.

38. TonyLi

TonyLi

Lightning Sale - Additional Licenses Available

Unity added more seats to the Lightning Deal for Quest Machine -- so if you missed out before, you can still get Quest Machine for 50% off while these new seats are available!

39. TonyLi

TonyLi

Lightning Sale Ends Soon

upload_2022-2-22_13-15-27.png

The Lightning Sale ends tomorrow at 8:00 AM PST.

There are still some seats left to get Quest Machine for 50% off in the Lightning Sale.

40. TonyLi

TonyLi

Quest Machine - Corgi Platformer Engine Integration Available

The Quest Machine Extras page now has an integration package for More Mountains' Corgi Platformer Engine. This integration package will also be in the upcoming version 1.2.25.

41. TonyLi

TonyLi

Quest Machine 1.2.25 Released

Version 1.2.25 is now live on the Asset Store!

Highlights:
    • Integration with Corgi Platformer Engine
    • Quest HUD can now show quests under group headings

Release Notes:
    • Improved: Added option to show Track toggle button in quest details panel. (For improved joystick control.)
    • Improved: Procedural generator Action > Completion Conditions > Message observers Sender/Target ID now allows chained dialogue w/multiple NPCs.
    • Improved: Quest HUD can now show quests under headings by group.
    • Fixed: QuestCondition.isChecking property setter.
    • Fixed: Message Events > Messages To Listen For > Parameter can now be blank to serve as wild card.
    • Fixed: Spawned entities restored from saved game now count toward spawner max count.
    • Fixed: In Unity 2020+, removing a quest from Quests list would remove two quests from list.
    • Fixed: If UIPanel.monitorSelection is false, selectPreviousOnDisable is not observed.
    • Corgi Platformer Engine: Added support.
    • Opsive Character Controllers: Can now use {0} in ability message text to show Quest Giver ID.

42. TonyLi

TonyLi

43. AaronVictoria

AaronVictoria

A little something from the latest release:

upload_2022-3-24_23-35-21.png

44. TonyLi

TonyLi

Hi - The latest integration package didn't make it into Quest Machine's Third Party Support folder. I'll post it here shortly.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
  45. AaronVictoria

AaronVictoria

Hey @TonyLi . I didn't have time to look into it before I crashed last night so I slapped it up here in case you got to it before me, but just had time to take a look at it. The virtual method it's trying to override has an additional argument that is missing in the override method; ActionStateText actionStateText is that argument.

This is after a full fresh install in an empty project as well:

upload_2022-3-25_8-19-34.png

I just added an argument to fulfill that for a quick temp fix, but that's definitely in the latest release of Dialog System and Quest Machine with the latest Quest Machine support package installed.

46. TonyLi

TonyLi

Here's the Dialogue System Support package that accompanies Quest Machine 1.2.25.

Attached Files:

47. TonyLi

TonyLi

The updated Dialogue System integration package is also in Quest Machine version 1.2.25.1, which should be available on the Asset Store in a few minutes.

48. AaronVictoria

AaronVictoria

Got it. Thanks Tony.

49. TonyLi

TonyLi

Quest Machine 50% Off - Plus New Integration Tutorials

upload_2022-3-28_8-45-4.png

You can get Quest Machine for half price in the Asset Store's Time Warp Sale. It's a complete quest system that you can use to write any type of quest in a nice node-based editor and/or set up to procedurally generate new quests at runtime so the player always has something new to do.

Quest Machine works great by itself, but it also has integration with the Dialogue System for Unity and Love/Hate. Here's part 1 of the new integration tutorial series that shows how easy it is to set up dialogue, quests, and automatic faction management:

Quest Machine integrates with lots of other assets, too, including Emerald AI, Opsive controllers, Invector controllers, Corgi, TopDown Engine, Compass Navigator Pro, and many more.

Attached Files:

50. TonyLi

TonyLi

Quest Machine 50% Off in Time Warp Sale

You can get Quest Machine for half price in the Asset Store's Time Warp Sale. while the sale lasts. If your cart totals $200+, use coupon code TIMETRAVEL22 for an extra 10% off your entire purchase.

Try before you buy with Quest Machine's free evaluation version.

Quest Machine has a detailed manual and a set of Quest Machine Video Tutorials which start here:

Quest Machine comes with integration for lots of assets, including Emerald AI, Opsive and Invector character controllers, uMMORPG, Corgi and TopDown Engine, and more. It also offers integration with the Dialogue System for Unity and Love/Hate, as shown in this video tutorial series: