Search Unity

[ON $20 FIXED PRICE SALE!✅]Sky Master ULTIMATE: Sky, Ocean, Volume Clouds-lighting, Weather, RTGI

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nasos_333, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Lohrion

Lohrion

I like Ians idea :)

If you are going to add buoyancy you maybe also should provide a solution for depth masking (useful for ships or anything else that is hollow and dipping into the water). Luckily, there is already a good and working approach described in the wiki: http://wiki.unity3d.com/index.php?title=DepthMask

2. nasos_333

nasos_333

Thanks for the link, will be very useful.

The extra water tricks like bouancy and water interaction will be planned for v3.1 and will definitly be exiting to have something like that in the pack.

The rain splashes for the lower height waves can be emulated already with a plane, like in the last 4 of the pics posted above.

3. Lohrion

Lohrion

Along with the rename to Environment Master? :D

nasos_333 likes this.
  4. nasos_333

nasos_333

TBH this would make lots of sense as the pack is expanding beyond any intial plan i had for it :)

I also plan to create a pond demo with water, particles, InfiniGRASS with snow and Sky Master and have it change seasons, as a promo, if i have the time before release.

I am now done with the water inspector, so the water can be added by a simple click and can be parametrized easilly in size, scale etc

Now i am moving on to finilizing the preset volume weather patterns which will conclude the first round of v3.0 development and then to polishing and tweaking/optimizing everything and smaller details.

5. nasos_333

nasos_333

Configurator for easy sky creation/customization. New volumetric cloud shading/lightning and new dynamic lightning system with proper branches and better control over the lightning lights, plus a LOD system, a vertical formations system, a fade in/out system and much more, for total cloud control.

A first look at the configurator WIP, it mostly contains the editor side of options, to create the sky, apply volumetric cloud prefabs, define weather events and apply image effects and water with underwater support, sun setup etc

The environment in the pic above is created in a few clicks, which setup everything to work together. Clouds can easily be scaled as well, to match different scale environments.

Now i am finishing on the weather patterns and cloud prefabs to get the best aesthetics, adding some more editor side options (addition of windzones, screen water drops etc) and then i will add some real time controls for the editor to easily control the major aspects of the sky during gameplay.

After that it is mostly optimization, refinement and testing and the release is targeted for the end of August or early September.

6. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

Moon phases will also be in v3.0, i have finished the shader that takes as input the sun light direction and produces the sharp edge that is required. This system will be later expanded with real phases based on month (planned for v3.1)

Clouds and ocean WIP video, Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.0.

A video with the configurator WIP will follow soon.

7. Lohrion

Lohrion

Awesome! Is the intensity of the moon glow and the color adjustable?

8. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.0 - ocean and use with InfiniGRASS

The moon light intensity is adjustable. The color is fixed, but it is a good idea to have a tint, i will add it as option in the editor since i am working on the moon shader controls now (phasing etc).

I am also working on the water, the results are stunning when used with InfiniGRASS.

Here is an example demo i am working on, while developing SM3.0 (and adjusting InfiniGRASS to work along perfectly with it)

Note that Bandicam makes the video look much slower on my old PC, the actual gameplay is very smooth. Also i had an error when recorded that video that made draw calls 10x the actual ones :) (320 actual, 2500 with the erroneous prefab), so this is only to show the look, for performance i will post a webplayer demo soon.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  9. Lohrion

Lohrion

10. nasos_333

nasos_333

The recorder looks very interesting, thanks for the link. It may be a solution to making my videos without the slow down.

Here is also the InfiniGRASS wip thread with more pics from its use with Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.0

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/in...ic-grass-everywhere-for-all-platforms.349921/

11. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE 3.0 Ocean-Water system (InfiniGRASS for the weed)

Snow gathering

Some of the WIP, Sky Master v3.0 will be readilly compatible with InfiniGRASS, for snow gathering and wind control on all grass.

The ocean is also enchanced with more wave options and detail.

12. nasos_333

nasos_333

Some of the new cloud formations/shading possibilities in Sky Master v3.0 and cool looks with InfiniGRASS.

InfiniGRASS that was co-developed with Sky Master ULTIMATE 3.0 (for full snow and ocean integration) will be submitted tomorrow, so Sky Master ULTIMATE 3.0 now has a complete companion volumetric grass system to play along with in perfect harmony.

I will be using this system for grass integration mostly from now on, for best results (Unity grass will still be supported of course).

13. Duffer123

Duffer123

@nasos_333 ,

I have developed a new word - 'amazinger' - this asset becomes more and more amazinger... ;)

With the moon/moon phases, can you tint the moon, can you resize it relatively in the sky, does the moon carry a 'default' moon texture (like our moon) and could you have more than one moon? (just some thoughts)

nasos_333 likes this.
  14. nasos_333

nasos_333

Potentially you may have any number of moons, i will check to add an option for that (plus i am adding an option to add planets). The moon does have a default texture and the shader can be regulated to lower the glow and make it more evident. The phases are shader based for maximum performance and the shader is still WIP as far as brigthness control etc go.

The development of Sky Master v3.0 is going very smoothly, all the systems are working great and together very well, it will take me a bit to perfect the editor side as there is such a huge number of options to cover, but i am getting there :)

15. Lohrion

Lohrion

More than one moon with different colors and sizes would be awesome! Mannslieb and Morrslieb incoming (Moons of the warhammer universe) :D

nasos_333 likes this.
  16. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.0 WIP

I have now refined moon lighting to be a lot more realistic as well, while creating the InfiniGRASS demo. This demo will be a great opportunity to create the perfectly balanced environment, so every Sky Master demo from now on will have full InfiniGRASS integration for the ultimate looks.

Lohrion likes this.
  17. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last day of the offer (extended) !!!

Buy and review Sky Master ULTIMATE and get Toon Effects Maker for free !!! ($50)
    Please post here to validate the purshase time.

One Toon Effects Maker voucher left !!! (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/30849)

Toon Effects Maker is a global FX creation framework, with powerfull tools like a sprite sheet generator to move 3D effects/animations (works with everything) to 2D animated sprites, various tools for beam generation /reflection, dynamic shields, a toon ocean system and much more, plus a very big library of ready to use effects and cool scenes (ocean, lava).​

18. nasos_333

nasos_333

Update Interval is set low for demo (time lapse) purposes, boost volume cloud performance by adjusting this update for the day cycle (0.1-0.2).

1080p resolution and 0.2 update interval

Without Sky Master, for reference

Without Volume Clouds, for reference

Some performance boost tips and benchmarks for Sky Master, the system is almost transparent on my rather old PC (core 2 duo CPU) even with true volumetric clouds enabled.

There is a performance boost option in volumetric clouds (Update Interval) that is set very low for the demo time lapse and the system can be boosted in performance by setting it to 0.1-0.2 or higher, for the actual day cycle.

In the latest version there are also two extra performance boost parameters, to spread the calculations in frames, the "Max_divider" and "Cloud_spread_delay" parameters, set above one (2-3 recommended) for a further performance gain.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  19. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master v3.0 water - clouds - fog and InfiniGRASS foliage.

InfiniGRASS is best used with Sky Master v3.0 for gradual snow growth. It has also been tested extensively with the volumetric fog and the new water systems for total integration.

Lohrion likes this.
  20. Duffer123

Duffer123

When...? . . :)

21. nasos_333

nasos_333

That is a good question. At one side i have all systems ready and polishing them to go. On the other i have still a lot to do on the configurator to make it perfect and would not like to push it out before i have tested to the extreme.

Also there are other factors that recently came up and may slow down development, but as always i will try my best to get it out as soon as possible.

22. twobob

twobob

Also waiting on this update to give it the once over.

23. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hopefully the new configurator will streamline the whole setup procedure to the degree that there will be a full system configurated with a few clicks and look amazing from the start, with full optimization as well. The goal is also to have some presets, like a realistic and anime one to choose from during the creation.

There are many systems to consider for this (water (new in v3.0)-snow (new)-sky-fog-shafts-screen drops(new)-refractive rain-weather events module (new)-volumetric weather (new)), so there is a still some way to go to get there, but is definitly getting closer to the goal.

The work is a full revamp of all systems, things like the rain, lightning etc have also been extended, there are moon phases, higher clouds with a new shader based cloud dome, new volumetric cloud shaders with many more options, LOD and fade features in volume clouds etc

Here is a sample of the water and snow systems in real time demo.

InfiniGRASS demo with Sky Master v3.0 Snow-Water-Sky-Rain
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79230236/INFINIDY/INFINIGRASS/INFINIGRASS_SKYMASTER3_DEMO.html

Snow and water buttons activate Sky Master v3.0 systems. The grass is made with InfiniGRASS and that asset will be compatible with Sky Master and receive snow etc

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  24. twobob

twobob

I've seen the demos mate, and the screenies.

As you know we are intersted in cheap to process and simple to configure.
    I will work through the setting it up guide again.

much obliged

25. nasos_333

nasos_333

I am working hard on the simple to configure part, as versatility comes with a price in complexity, but the new global configuration system will handle it all gracefully (at least that is the plan :) ) and provide performance management as well.

Lohrion likes this.
  26. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE will be on sale soon !!!

I have submitted the new price and waiting for store approval, it may slip to next week though as it is a very busy period for the store.

27. twobob

twobob

I would welcome a more streamlined interface, that obscures values that are non-pertinant to the runtime, as you know.

Much obliged.

28. nasos_333

nasos_333

Indeed, that will be a major focus, separate the editor procedures and reveal real time parameters when needed. The other will be instantiating various prefabs to put together the whole system as needed and auto configure all parts to work together without any extra work.

29. nasos_333

nasos_333

I have devised a script that will included in v3.0 and can control the volume cloud particle mode in order to keep the particles steady during a camera roll and still sorted so they look correct when entering the cloud volume.

I though this might be useful also for all Legacy particle (maybe can be adapted to Shuriken as well), so i will post the code here for everyone to use, i also post a sample of how to grab particles for alteration (this code part can be removed).

Code (csharp):
    2. using UnityEngine;
    3. using System.Collections;
    5. namespace Artngame.SKYMASTER {
    6. public class SM_CloudRot : MonoBehaviour {
    8.    // Use this for initialization
    9.    void Start () {
    10.      Prender = this.gameObject.GetComponent<ParticleRenderer> ();
    12.      if (Prender != null) {
    13.        Prender.particleRenderMode = ParticleRenderMode.SortedBillboard;
    14.      } else {
    15.        Debug.Log("Please use the script with a particle renderer");
    16.      }
    17.      MainCam = Camera.main.transform;
    18.    }
    20.    ParticleRenderer Prender;
    22.    bool sorted = false;
    23.    Transform MainCam;
    25.    public float angle1=35;
    26.    public float angle2=18;
    27.    public float NearCloudDist = 50;
    28.    public float CloudBedToThisDist = 0;
    30.    // Update is called once per frame
    31.    void Update () {
    33.        if(Prender == null){
    34.          Prender = this.gameObject.GetComponent<ParticleRenderer> ();
    35.        }
    37.    float angle = Vector3.Angle (MainCam.forward, new Vector3 (MainCam.forward.x, 0, MainCam.forward.z));
    39.    float angleR = Vector3.Angle (MainCam.right, new Vector3 (MainCam.right.x, 0, MainCam.right.z));
    41.      if (!sorted) {
    42.        sorted= true;//sort at first
    43.      }else{
    45.        if (Mathf.Abs (Camera.main.transform.position.y - (this.transform.position.y + CloudBedToThisDist)) < NearCloudDist | (angle > angle1 & angleR < angle2)) {
    46.          this.gameObject.GetComponent<ParticleRenderer> ().particleRenderMode = ParticleRenderMode.SortedBillboard;
    47.          Debug.Log ("change");
    48.        } else {
    49.          this.gameObject.GetComponent<ParticleRenderer> ().particleRenderMode = ParticleRenderMode.VerticalBillboard;
    50.        }      
    51.      }
    53. //Sample on how to grab each particle - remove if not needed
    54. if (GetComponent<ParticleEmitter> () != null) {
    55.        Particle[] particles = GetComponent<ParticleEmitter>().particles;
    56.        for (int j=0; j < particles.Length;j++){
    57.          particles[j].rotation = 0;
    58.        }
    59.        GetComponent<ParticleEmitter>().particles = particles;
    60.      }
    61.    }
    62. }
    63. }
    Some notes on the script usage:

The return to billboards is governed by the AND of the below angle checks and condition

Angle1 = the angle of camera forward vector above which particles will return to sorted billboard mode
    Angle2 = the angle of camera right vector (roll) below which particles will return to sorted billboard mode
    NearCloudDist = Camera Y distance to cloud bed Y is below parameter

This allows to keep the sorting when trying to look at the clouds head on when near or in them, where roll issue wont show and keep them steady (vertical billboard mode) on a roll when roll is clearly visible in the whole bed.

The "cloud bed to this distance" is the distance of the volume cloud script transform to the actual cloud bed appearence (this is used for the last check, default is 0).

Here are also two videos showing the effect

twobob likes this.
  30. twobob

twobob

31. nasos_333

nasos_333

Generally the difference is minimal unless there is some very heavy to do check, i usually use && to avoid null check issues, the || is also faster than single pipe as it will evaluate only the items before a true and nothing after that.

twobob likes this.
  32. twobob

twobob

I see. thanks for clearing that up :)

nasos_333 likes this.
  33. nasos_333

nasos_333

Ocean module for v3.0 WIP.

Clear water and refraction in shallows

The water is now fully integrated in the day/night cycle and i am creating multiple settings based on weather and desired mood and water positioning.

twobob likes this.
  34. Duffer123

Duffer123

Can't believe this is all part of the same asset.

35. nasos_333

nasos_333

Me too :), i say this all the time while making the configurator and putting all the systems together and polishing them, it is a vast amount of work :)

I am doing the underwater now, with blur, caustics etc to perfect it and i am one step closer to release.

The moon phases integration was finilized yesterday, as well as the water Time of Day lighting and options.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  36. nasos_333

nasos_333

Tweaking the underwater, all functionality is automated (volume gradient fog, dynamic caustics, abberation, blur etc) when going underwater.

The shafts require to change some of the water surface parameters to look best, so i am experiementing with various options

twobob likes this.
  37. Duffer123

Duffer123

This is now surely a must-have for any indi developer in Unity...

nasos_333 likes this.
  38. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sea - water and day time clouds presets WIP

Lohrion likes this.
  39. Duffer123

Duffer123

And if all of this could be conducted with simple Playmaker actions... ;)

40. nasos_333

nasos_333

I will most definitly look into it after the v3.0 is out and have it as priority for v3.1.

I cannot promise anything before that though :), as the work involved in making v3.0 is already behemoth.

41. Duffer123

Duffer123

Looks like it!

nasos_333 likes this.
  42. nasos_333

nasos_333

Work on the clouds and ocean.

The possbibilities are endless, so i will try to provide many presets (realistic with toned down coloration, caribbean style with vivid colors still on the realistic side, anime look etc) plus global modifiers to change the look on the spot easilly for the preset chosen.

Also i will add a depth modifier to the underwater fog, so it gets more dense at lower depths.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  43. nasos_333

nasos_333

New Features in Sky Master v3.0

Ocean - Water system
    - New water system, for spectacular bodies of water, with full underwater emulation (fog, caustics, fish, sun filtering/beams)
    - Reflection and refraction support
    - Foam and shore edge detection
    - Many presets that cover anything from ocean water to forest ponds.
    - Extremely fast GPU based water
    - Wave height calculator and boat sample (full buoyancy system will come in v3.1)
    - Tile based system for easy adjustement of water to various areas (infinite ocean and LOD support will come in v3.x cycle as well)
    Volume clouds
    - Volume clouds LOD system (near and far, reduces overdraw, especially useful for 1080p resolution and mobile)
    - Volume clouds fade in/out for gradual appearance and sound (rain, thunder etc) fades
    - Volume cloud fix (white cloud appeared when particle count was not divided exactly by cloud center count)
    - New volume cloud shader with scatter effect for realism, new realistic presets
    - Volume cloud vertical formation, for more variety in cloud bed arrangement
    - Height based particle coloration (to emulate the effect of shadow on lower cloud layers)
    - Big number of new presets and samples that showcase all the new features
    - Point light interaction with volume clouds, for use with lightning
    - Accumulation option, for thicker cloud formations.

Lightning
    - New dynamic lightning system, with extra detailed branches and complete randomization
    - New glow effect

Moon phases
    - New shader based moon phase system, with multiple options for total control
    - Optional moon coloration for red moon style etc
    - Automatic per month and year moon phasing changes

Snow
    - New snow and mud puddle shader, for meshes and Unity terrain, SM2.0 and SM3.0 varieties
    - Gradual snow appearance and melt away controls, integration with InfiniGRASS, Unity and SpeedTree trees and billboards, meshes etc

Liquids
    - New water drops on camera shader, with refraction and water drop motion
    - Screen freeze effect also integrated

Volume Lit particles
    - Particle shader that receives light (directional and point/spot light)
    - SM2.0 base (directional) for full compatibility
    - Optimized for speed
    - Atomic bomb example (bonus)

Shader Based Cloud Dome
    - More realistic shader based cloud dome added, for emulation of higher clouds (that dont need to be true volumetric)
    - Replaces the texture based cloud dome that was available from the initial Sky Master release
    - Artistic features like glow and special motion blending

Sky Master Editor - Configurator - Library
    - Global configurator of Sky Master prefabs and automation of prefab creation
    - Particle scaler included and automated scaling (particles etc) for the whole prefab (particle scaler can be used as stand alone too)
    - Library of ready to use volume clouds, sky moods, effects etc, all one click away and with preview images
    - Global modifier controls to alter the environment look easilly

Volume Weather
    - New Volume Weather module, that will use the volumetric clouds and fog for most realistic weather effects
    - New refractive rain for even more realism
    - New system to define weather patterns
    , per season or weather events
    -
    Integration of the module with the configurator for easy weather event assignment
    - Integration with the snow and ocean-water systems

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  44. Duffer123

Duffer123

When's the release date to the Asset Store?

45. nasos_333

nasos_333

I plan for early October, as i am very close to the final product. The refinement and configurator are still in heavy WIP, but i am getting there, as now all systems are finalized and i just make the controls, tweaking and integrate.

Most integration is also done, but there are so many things to touch on that will take some time to finalize proper.

46. Duffer123

Duffer123

Great news

47. nasos_333

nasos_333

I am working around the clock to make the release happen as soon as possible, it is trully a marvel to watch the world created with a few clicks, i will be expanding this system with more presets in later updates, to make for a vast library of ready to use amazing settings and configurations.

I will post a video with a small sample of what the configurator can currently create with a few clicks soon (uploading it now and will post in about 40 minutes, as vimeo has a wait in queue time)

Also the Ocean system has taken a life of its own, the underwater effects and caustics really make a big diference in the overall feeling

I added a sound effect too for the sea, to create a complete experience

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  48. nasos_333

nasos_333

First video of the complete Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.0 experience.

This area is created with a few clicks in the new configurator and everything works out of the box without any further setup requirement. There is a lot to be done still, adding some filters automatically and changing to an udnderwater sound when going below the surface etc

Sky Master ULTIMATE
    v3.0 (Grass is created with InfiniGRASS v1.2)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  49. nasos_333

nasos_333

The video is also available in HD now (in vimeo site, same link as above), as vimeo finished the conversion of the HD material.

50. Duffer123

Duffer123

@nasos_333 ,

Fairly dumb question, but with the water (rivers, lakes, seas), just how easy is it to incorporate?

Let's say I've already created my terrain in the scene - how easy then to literally pour in the water, so to speak? What about then different bodies of water (ie. differences between ocean, sea, coastal sea, lake, river)? perhaps then at different heights?