Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[-50% OFF SALE! - Save $600✅]Sky Master ULTIMATE: Sky, Ocean, Volume Clouds-lighting, Weather, RTGI

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nasos_333, Nov 17, 2014.

1. nasos_333

nasos_333

I cant believe it, i started a new scene with a new sphere and works fine now :)

Unity 5 is a bit crazy, i will check why it happened

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  2. Foxaphantsum

Foxaphantsum

It's strange though, if you turn of GI and have no lightmapped objects, the lighting in the editor lights the object fine, but in game lights everything else you try to light wrong. I think that has to do with lighting not having GI...

3. nasos_333

nasos_333

Ok, i tested with Sky Master prefab and worked fine until i entered play mode and everything went dark. It does work great though, in the editor the sky color was directly grabbed by the skybox of Sky Master, so should be fine.

BTW, wth real time baking my PC has got like 50% slower, i cant even browse right :)

4. nasos_333

nasos_333

I am at a loss with this one, maybe i create a pack that will automate and clarify the Unity 5 lighting making everyone's life easier at some point :) and allow me to properly test my packs too :)

After hitting play mode and everything going black, i have to say Unity 5 needs a lot more work to get this workflow right.

5. Foxaphantsum

Foxaphantsum

I tried adding GI and that didn't help. For some reason Unity uses lightprobes in combination with the reflection intensity for sunlight and bakes a starting view (no matter what I do) then it runs in realtime... this is a bit annoying,

Edit* So using "dynamic" reflection probes seems to have reduces a lot of the negative effects.

6. nasos_333

nasos_333

I keep getting the black, now it happened after working ok in play mode, when going back to the editor (pics are from play mode)

I will check the reflection probes idea too.

PBR with a water normal looks very sweet.

7. Foxaphantsum

Foxaphantsum

Oh I see, so you'll notice that when you turn/change the sun the shadows and reflections don't update properly for a few seconds. In the actual game, they update automatically, correctly.

That's good to know xD

So that water reflects all lights and objects specularly?

Could you take a picture by chance using the textures I gave you? I can give you raw textures instead of a substance if you'd prefer.

8. nasos_333

nasos_333

The shafts can be changed to any setting, the resolution can be changed as well.

I will check with the procedural material too and get back

9. nasos_333

nasos_333

I assume it does reflect all sources (certainly reflected the two i had in the scene)

Here is a test with the procedural material

10. nasos_333

nasos_333

Free asset giveaway!
    Every month, we will be giving away this or one of our other assets (ARTnGame Unity Store) to one lucky follower. Follow us on Twitter @Artengame to stay updated and retweet about your favourite ARTnGame asset to have the chance to win!

11. Foxaphantsum

Foxaphantsum

Wow looks really great. Thanks for testing it out! Btw would you like me to create you any other materials for showing off your product? Grass, rock, ect..? I don't mind as making texture substances is fun for me.

nasos_333 likes this.
  12. nasos_333

nasos_333

A procedural grass material would be nice to have for sure :), thanks. The tiles are also awesome.

Also i think i can create a nice ocean with the PBR materials, i will try to add some waves etc in shader and put it in the demo for extra coolness.

13. Foxaphantsum

Foxaphantsum

Sure thing! What kind of adjustable peramatures would you like the substance to have?

14. nasos_333

nasos_333

I have not fiddled with substances, so i will say a ground cover factor would be a nice thing to have as control, if possible or easy to do.

15. nasos_333

nasos_333

@Duffer123 & @Anisoft

Particle Dynamic Magic v2.0
    is up at the Unity Asset Store !!!!

Enjoy one of the biggest dynamic systems & effects collection in the gaming industry, in a single super pack.

The pack will be named "Pan Dynamic Magic ULTIMATE: Decal, Particle, Spline, AI control & dynamics" later this week.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  16. Foxaphantsum

Foxaphantsum

I was hoping the rain content for whether could support stuff similar to "Rainy Shaders" if possible.

As for the Particle Dynamic Magic v.20 does it have support of turbulence? Similar to Hayate 3 or TCParticles? Does it also have the same capabilities as those particle extenders or should I think about getting those too. :D

17. nasos_333

nasos_333

The pack does support turbulence and multithreading for extra performance (like Hayate), but does not yet support DX11 (like TC particles)

I do have plans to support DX11 (the image emission and turbulence/ forces already work in DX11), but it is too much work to polish and integrate fully and the speed i can work on that depends on reviews, i plan to start working fully on DX11 at around 50 good reviews. DX11 will be a free bonus, as the pack is already multiple times worth its price (normally this many features would be around $300 and still be indie frindly price)

Generally with my packs each review is increasing the investment, but without reviews i must move to other projects, so everything goes slower on the planned updates (which are a free bonus, but i really want to put out for extra cool factor in the packs and completeness)

Particle Dynamic Magic 2 for example could well be a separate $90 pack (in fact even parts of it could be new $50-$90 packs), but i decided to give it as a free update, exactly because of the amazing reviews so far.

The next milestone, DX11, will definitly need a lot more good reviews to move forward though, as the pack price is now extremely low comparing to what it offers and the work put into it.

I will check rainy shaders and see if i can come up with some similar effects, this will take a while though. Have you tried the refractive rain btw ? What do you think of the effect ? This same shader can be base for any kind of effect, so it should not be that hard.

As with the particles pack, the speed these new updates and cool features will arrive depend entirely on good reviews, as this pack is already offering things like volumetric clouds, huge effect library, many sky rendering options and a huge number of other features that is already beyond the price point.

Essentially good reviews can double or triple the investment in the packs in the long run (PDM and Sky Master are already more than doubled in worth after 2.0 releases for example, InfiniTREE also at least doubled its worth after the latest release etc)

18. nasos_333

nasos_333

Anime style clouds WIP for the new complete scene (Anime Countryside pack, soon at the store)
    UPDATE:

The anime style scene is currently WIP and will be a free bonus to 5 star reviews of the pack on demand (the offer will be for a limited time, so write your reviews early and put up a request for the free pack here) !!!!

A whole new anime specific set of presets, volume cloud textures-controller and scene with trees, stones, grass etc will be created for that purpose.

This scene will also be a separate $70 pack and integrate with Sky Master, Particle Dynamic Magic, Toon Effects Maker and InfiniTREE for all kind of optimizations and dynamic effects. The integration to the other packs will also be a free bonus for all the 5 star reviews of the relevant packs.

19. Foxaphantsum

Foxaphantsum

Wow this is looking really great, I like the blend for the clouds in the bottom right image. Does it have support for multiple different textures for clouds? And maybe a blur threshold of some kind? I feel the clouds in some areas look really great, but in others looks like a bunch of images stacked on top of each other. I wonder if that has to do with blending? Like an ability to blend them together to look like one cloud.

Here is a WIP of the pbr proceduraly generated grass texture. It also supports grass curve, density, and color. :D

Edit* It's done.

Here is the download

Substance Grass

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  20. nasos_333

nasos_333

Many thanks for the grass, it looks amazing :)

The clouds can have a sprite sheet for variety, this was added in the latest versions. About the hard edges, this is an ongoing research matter, that is how you can have all the detail and better blending. You can have some more blurry clouds in the sheet to break the hard edge effects locally, but the proper way to handle this is by using special shaders.

I am experimenting with various shader options for the next version and generally the shader part of the clouds will be a focus, with considerations on transparency/blurryness, atmospheric scattering, inner motion and more. I have a base shader included in v2.0.1 that enabled better blening and inner motion, but this one gives lots of transparency and is for hazy/very thin clouds without detail. More shader will come in next versions.

For the anime scene i will keep the harder edged look with some tweaks.

Note that for the anime look i limited the gradient color blend between the dark/light part of the clouds, so the blending in normal clouds is much smoother. Also this texture has harder edges to give more detailed look, the demo textures do not have the edge effect as they are fully blurred around the edges, this can be done with the detail textures too and is currently WIP (add a lot of small but still blurred detail around each cloud texture)

21. Foxaphantsum

Foxaphantsum

Thanks! I'll probably add the ability to create a more generic noise grass layer below the 3d version to prevent the repeating factor of it. Let me know if you'd like any other seamless pbr textures.

I love the idea of different shaders making the clouds blend and look more 3D, sounds really great. Maybe if the anime clouds add the effect to blend everything in the inside, but have a crisp outline would be better? o_O

I also feel the clouds seem to receive a very hard shadow, is that also adjustable? The clouds seem to be translusive a little, maybe if they had more translusiveness that would be better?

Are the clouds also animatable? I know it supports sprite sheets but I'm wondering if we can apply some slight animation to the clouds particles size. Soft growing and shrinking?

I think the reason I'm so picky on the clouds is because this system is probably the best 3d volumetric cloud generator I've seen, and I'm just hoping it supports some of the stuff I really want in a cloud generator xD (sorry I'm so picky >.<.) It looks great still. Ill probably pick up this package in the coming week btw. It will be the first asset I buy along side stuff like Sonic's Bloom, SSAO +, and Shaderforge. :)

22. nasos_333

nasos_333

To clarify about the sprite sheet, this is not used to animate the clouds. but rather to give variety upon initial instantiation. I will check the option to use it for animation too.

The hard shadows are definitly adjustable, both in grading smoothness and start color. There is also a system to adjust that base (dark/shadow) color per time of day and the gradient steps between shadow and highlights.

And that is before any shader work that may come in to adjust each particle further. The particles can be scaled at will, but this is a bit tricky as the sorted matrix changes and you cant get a reference to each particle without some extra trick/coding, thus you may scale at start (which is already adjustable), but cant get a smooth change at play time.

There is some work around methods, for example i have a turbulence mode (mode 3, modes 1-2 are expreimental), that will scale partciles depending on their previous size, thus you dont need to know the exact position of each particle, but is less versatile than a scaling based on time.

The other solution is the use of shaders that will fade the cloud away in a waving fashion for all partciles, this is already included (base work) in the v2.0.1 of the pack, but is for thin / haze like clouds and will be expanded in upcoming updates for thicker clouds. This gives an amazing effect of fading/appearing of clouds, but will take some time to perfect for sure.

Here is a sample video of th v2.0.1 shader

23. Duffer123

Duffer123

@nasos_333 ,

How close are you now to the next release of SkyMaster Pro?

24. nasos_333

nasos_333

This one will take a while to do and perfect, so my guess is that will be submitted probably sometime late this month or early next one.

It depends a lot on reviews and other projects, the more the good reviews, the faster i can work on the updates and less other projects i have to take up.

25. Duffer123

Duffer123

Have already reviewed - gave it a well deserved 5 stars... ;)

I am sure the next release will be well worth the wait !

26. nasos_333

nasos_333

Anime scene / moods / style WIP (Integrates Sky Master, TEM, PDM and InfiniTREE)

Thanks for the review, every one helps a lot :)

The version 2.0 and all the new features were possible because of these great reviews.

And the next version will be every bit as spectacular as this one, or maybe more since i plan a huge number of ready to preview and use moods/clouds etc (many can be seen in the WIP thread posts)

Also every 5 star review will receive the full anime scene i am preparing that will also be sold separately later, so there is so much more to come. Supporters of the pack will definitly get a super special treatment soon :)

Here is a list of the upcoming features and how far they are into development.

Features planned for v2.1 and beyond

- Weather ULTIMATE, a module for visually arranging weather patterns and scheduling during the year. It will be based on the Weather On Demand transition system and offer a higher level control for weather automation. (50% done)
    - Shader based cloud dome, for higher clouds (above the volumetric ones).(60% done)
    - Configurator Editor with a big preset library for visual preview of sky/cloud settings and Particle Scaler (40% done)
    - Dual (or more) suns/moons shader option and main script handlers.(100% done)
    - Tweaks to dusk lighting/coloration, or option to adjust the time dusk coloration will be applied (100% done)
    - More advanced shaders for volume clouds (inner motion, noise, scattering and more) (base done, new shaders 40% done)
    - New detailed textures for volume clouds (50% done)
    - Volumetric shadowed particles for smoke (SM2.0 for global compatibility)(100% done)
    - More image effects integrated (e.g. bloom) (70% done)
    - Mikley Way texture option for night sky (if i can get the proper texture)
    - Planets showing through atmopshere, big collection planned with various styles (50% done)
    - Volume cloud interaction with terrain, for rolling over mountains
    - Aurora effect (100% done)
    - Rainbow effect
    - Dynamic Asteroid field effect (90% done)
    - Dynamic comet effects, with spectacular fly over the atmosphere effects
    - Moon phases and sun eclipses
    - Stereoscopic mode support (cardboard setup as reference) (90% done)
    - Time of Day related effects (lights go out in day time, start at night etc)
    - Speed tree wind regulation integration, affected by weather and season.
    - Local cloud accumulation around centers (using a divider of the overall cloud number)
    - More moon light control through the Sky Manager
    - Screen space rain drops (for emulating drops on a window or camera glass etc)
    - Handle underwater (regulate volume fog for that purpose)
    - Anime style clouds and rain drops, particles etc for an overall anime style scene sample and presets (extra bonus download for every 5 star written review of the pack)

27. Foxaphantsum

Foxaphantsum

Well you sold me. I was a bit skeptical at first, but after seeing the new photos. I'm 100% sold. And if a lot of these new features you have planned actually make it later on, I'll be even more happy already. Expect a purchase in a few days, and most likely a 5 star review. (if not 5 stars for the package alone, definitely 5 stars for customer service.)

I can adjust the "light" and ambient light intesitiy, and fog color too right? With these three settings, I should be able to re-create the exact lighting I need for day/night.

28. nasos_333

nasos_333

I usually focus on the systems first and show the potential much later :), but i hope this new anime scene will showcase the possibilities better. Also the system is very adjustable, sun light and fog/ambient etc are all easilly adjustable directly from the SkyManager script.

The pack contains a lot of features to tweak the look, besides the sky rendering and sun/moon, there is the scatter fog with gradient support (the gradient is one of the most powerfull features, i cant have enought playing with it) and sun shafts and also i have some nice bloom settings ready to use (bloom will be integrated with presets in v2.1 as well)

Also thanks a lot for the inspiration with the anime pics/gifs, both the clouds and rain you posted are incredible in those and will be my ultimate goal for the anime scene (at least get as close as possible in a 3D world :) )
    I will work on the anime rain with the straight splashes and post a video soon.

29. Foxaphantsum

Foxaphantsum

That all sounds awesome. I look forward to a video! No problem on the inspiration as a lot of those effects are end goals of the project I'm trying to create, and had given me inspiration in the first place xD

nasos_333 likes this.
  30. nasos_333

nasos_333

Here is a small video fo the WIP, there is a huge ammount of work to be done over that of course, but it is starting to take a first shape :). Finished with a first version of the fence model as well and now doing some cool 3D flowers for the scene.

Also added multiple optimization with a controller to disable all unessesary modules that instantiate grass etc at game start and now works super fast. A LOD system has also been added for Particle Dynamic Magic 2 grass.

I will upload to vimeo later for better quality.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  31. nasos_333

nasos_333

Vimeo for better quality

32. Duffer123

Duffer123

@nasos_333 ,

Looks amazing. What are you using PDM2 for in the scene? The grass?

Slightly off topic, but with infiniTree, can you create prefabs / templates of trees before runtime? How many different types of tree can it create?

33. nasos_333

nasos_333

I use projection in Particle Dynamic Magic 2 and the new grass shader, that also has a transprent varity ( a bit slower, so this will be used in key spots, the vertex one shown in the video will be used near shadow points for the cool shadowing and Unity terrain grass as filler between), plus the custom batching to lower draw calls.

InfiniTREE allows both the LOD and addition/deletion/manipulation of that grass in real time because it uses Multithreading in the custom batching. Also it has a L-tree creation system where you put trees together by defining prefabs for bark, leaves, branches and parameters and let the tree grow. Any prefab cann be used, so the system is very versatile and fully customizable. The InfiniGRASS system is still WIP and will be combined with a variant of PDM2 grass shader that will handle the dynamic phase change in a smooth way.

Trees can grow in editor too and still be dynamic in play mode. The tree look possibilitie are infinite of course :) and these trees can be interactive in play mode, like in the chop demo or branch motion demo. And this base system is only the beginning, i have included some of the WIP system, like a dynamic mesh generation system that uses splines, user input and physics to grow custom branches in real time and much more.

Special deformers will also be added, like a sculptor and bend/twist etc to control the general shaping.

The grass shader in general is also WIP to add even more cool effects, like integration with atmospheric scattering with local control (for better artistci control) and much more in both look and motion possibilities.

34. Duffer123

Duffer123

@nasos_333 ,

Understood, beginning to see how you're bringing together SkyMasterPro, PDM2 and InfiniTree...

35. nasos_333

nasos_333

That was my master plan all along :), a complete system to handle dynamic worlds.

InfiniTREE is actually able to batch anything, you could use it for custom placing houses and have them dynamically break in play mode for example or anything between. I am exploring the possibilities with a castle creation system too.

There is still two modules missing, my new AI system that will use grids and custom raycasting to give a more natural AI feeling and support a wide variety of effects like AI flocks to massive battles that will use Sky Master for weather and weather related troop beahviors and related spell effects and Particle Dynamic Magic for efficient pooling and decals for massive scale spell casting.

This Ai pack and the InfiniCASTLE will be the last porgramming packs i will create and after that will be moving to perfecting art and making stages that will use these systems for ultimate efficiency and the coolest effects and dynamics possible and providing cool gameplay dynamics too for various genres.

All this will also help perfecting each of theindividual system to the max as well and offer a huge variety of ready to use effects.

There is a slight chance i create a procedural terrain generator too, but this is not planned yet.

36. Duffer123

Duffer123

Water system? ;)

37. nasos_333

nasos_333

I dont think i will have a separate pack for that, i will definityl work more on the Unity 5 water for Sky master though and maybe if i can do a full system i have it as a separate pack later. But Sky master will get all my water work for free :) in either case.

38. Foxaphantsum

Foxaphantsum

Can't wait to use Sonic's Bloom + HDR with this system. Looks great Nasos_333. Better and better every day.

39. nasos_333

nasos_333

40. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

While making the anime scene i discovered a bug at the sun placement at certain angles in the Start() method, where at the game start, the sun would rotate to its opposite position. This is due to not locking the Y and Z rotation (this is ok in the update method, was only neglected to be changed in the start method)

The fix will be included in the next update.

For everyone that has the sun change position at game start and does not want to wait for the update, here is a quick fix.

Line 651 at SkyMasterManager.cs script:

Change to:
    Code (csharp):
    2. SunSystem.transform.eulerAngles = new Vector3 (28.1412f - (Current_Time - 20.50f)*15 + Shift_dawn * 15, Rot_Sun_Y, Rot_Sun_Z);
    Line 653 at SkyMasterManager.cs script

Change to:
    Code (csharp):
    2. SunSystem.transform.eulerAngles = new Vector3 (Mathf.Abs((360*2)+28.1412f - (Current_Time - 20.50f)*15), Rot_Sun_Y, Rot_Sun_Z);
    NOTE: The horizontal factor parameters in SkyMasterManager must be zero before starting the game, as they are now used only for play time adjustment.

To that end also add in line 649:
    Code (csharp):
    2. Horizontal_factor =0; Horizontal_factor_prev=0;//v2.1
    An update with the fix and dual sun support will be submitted to the store tomorrow, after some extra testing.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  41. Foxaphantsum

Foxaphantsum

So I stumbled upon a system called Cloud System.

A lot of its features a pretty awesome. Do you have any plans to allow use to craft the cloud shape? Also can clouds blend similarly to there system?

42. nasos_333

nasos_333

I dont see much difference aside that this system allows shaping of the clouds. The blending looks similar, is there anything in particular that differs ?

Also Sky Master clouds are lit by the sun properly, so the strange colorations seen in the video are possible, but not the default.

I dont plan to support shaping as a priority, since the clouds can already be created with some rules that could be used to shape them in a particular area. More precise shaping could come in future for sure (and would be trivial to do, as they are just particles that can be moved around at will), but depends on how the pack does and reviews.

That said, i do plan to provide more controls for realistic shaping of clouds en mass (applied to the whole bed) in upcoming versions, like expanded cloud base, thinner cloud top, cloud center concentration and much more.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  43. Foxaphantsum

Foxaphantsum

Shaping was the only freature I was really excited about, that and how smoothly there clouds blended. xD

44. nasos_333

nasos_333

The blend is probably due to the texture than anything else, i get the same blend with the original texture is used (also some of the clouds in the demo use it, the most hazy ones).

The exact shaping would be a nice feature and i will look into it, after the currently planned features are all out.

I will be submitting the new dual sun support and stereo mode support along with some fixes and enchancements this week, probably tomorrow.

45. Duffer123

Duffer123

@nasos_333 ,

Pics above look pretty amazing. Roll on the next release! :)

46. Foxaphantsum

Foxaphantsum

Looks great, so what features are absolute to being in the next update? o_O

Edit*

I've been using Speed Tree but I noticed you also have your own tree program. Does your own asset support stuff similar to speed-tree?

Does it support leaf translucency and pbr?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  47. nasos_333

nasos_333

IndifniTREE is a modular system, you can have any prefab as leaves/branches (and will get dynamic branch growth on spline, physics and user input later, WIP system included in the pack for preview).

This means that you can use any item, material or Unity tree part as InfiniTREE parts and will have all the material properties as needed.

The biggest perk of the system is that you can add trees/grass and edit them on the fly, by using the grouping AI, a LOD system for both mesh and shadows and multithreaded batching to fast open/closed batched groups so the effect is transparent.

I use this in the new demo scene to chop trees and also will have a new chop volume grass mini demo (like zelda wind walker).

The final goal of the system is to offer everything SpeedTree offers in the 3rd party editor outside Unity, directly inside unity and in real time. Of course it will take some time to get there, but you can get a feeling of what the final system will do in the WIP folder if you get the pack.

The pack does not have similar to SpeedTree wind motion out of the box though, this shader is planned for future releases. You can use Untiy tree shader for leaves or my grass shader for grass motion, branch motion like SpeedTree is WIP. You can define different prefabs per growth level, so i will see if i could apply the SpeeTree branch shader on the higher level branches and have them move like SpeedTree ones.

Note that InfiniTREE supports any item, so it is easy to use it to grow houses or any item by replacing the tree creation rules in code. During growth time the tree or any item is not batched, so you can even use an external script to grow any item as you need and then use the dynamic batching. The possibilities are endless, the key to the whole system is the mutithreaded batching, LOD and grouping AI.

InfiniTREE - Procedural tree branch generation, using both splines and user input
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79230236/INFINIDY/TREE/INfiniDY Tree Demo GROW.html

48. Foxaphantsum

Foxaphantsum

That's awesome! Sounds great! Ill probably stick with speed tree for now but I do look forward to newer progress on those packages. :D

49. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

The new Dual Sun system and Stereo Mode have been integrated in the main project, they have been tested and are now ready for release. They are both applied in the new Planets scene, that also includes a lot of new assets for planet rendering from the ground. I will be writing the manual for the extras and submit to the store as soon as possible.

50. Duffer123

Duffer123

@nasos_333 ,

Love the way the Sun was coming in behind the other planets and the bloom effects.

Would love to see a video of the effect on that water too. Are the Planets giving off light as well?

Is this part of the new 2.1 release?