Search Unity

[ON $20 FIXED PRICE SALE!✅]Sky Master ULTIMATE: Sky, Ocean, Volume Clouds-lighting, Weather, RTGI

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nasos_333, Nov 17, 2014.

1. RyuMaster

RyuMaster

Hi! I have bought Sky Master 2, but struggling for many hours to get it working. Is there some kind of clear tutorial, on how to set it up from scratch?

Right now, if I drag and drop prefab, I get some terrain with mixed in character, and if I try to place my own character, it all breaks; Or my camera - then I see no skybox for some reason, if I use my own camera, and because I have no clear tutorial on setting it all up from start, I have no idea where should I be looking for potential problem.

Suplied prefabas are swarmed with some GUI scripts, complex interconnections - all I wanted is just a prefab, which I drag into scene, asign my main camera, and it works; Or a step-by-step tutorial, oh now to set up system from scratch with my own character and camera (and why do I need that huge terrain, anyway?)

Maybe I am missing something, or setting it up is really that complex? I wanted to utilize GI Proxy as well, but could not even get to that point.

There is 'Quick guide for the implementation in a new project' but it is written for versio 1.5, not version 2.1

"Adjust the whole prefab system position, so the sample terrain matches your terrain" - what if I do not have terrain, that mean I can not use it or how should I adjust it then?

"2.2.Adjust its position so the [Character] item" .. - or this one, I have no idea, should I move the actual character item, and why shoud I do this at all? Is Sky Master System is tied to the main char somehow - I have no idea why I had to do this step, is it explained somewhere?

Regarding GI Proxy:

How is Hero mode different from non-hero mode? When I use "GI PROXY DIRECTIONAL LIGHT" prefab, and translate main camera, or HERO Placement, nothing changes, so I can not deduct difference this way.

I want just my main sun light to produce proxy GI all over the scene,is there any setup for this scenario? Main sun light should be Sky Master Sun Light (or Moon light, depends on time); There is also that 'grid' thing mentioned in the docs, but I could not find explanation, what grid is that. You mean, default Unity grid, which I should stick to?

Attached Files:

• ntg.png
      ntg.png
      File size:
      40.2 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  2. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

Sky master sun and moon system must be centered around the center of your map or scene. That is the major thing that is required, otherwise the sun may not be visible due to the hero not able to see it in the sky (the shader will render the sun in the skybox at the sun (0 Sun System -> Sun) item position). My descriptions above are just a way to guide on how to do this adjustement, but the actual idea behind it is to bring the sun/moon system center at the map center.

Since the system is not using a skydome (for maximum compatibility to Unity 5 and performance), there is no easy visible way to tell where your sky is, that is why i try to guide based on the sample camera, that is placed in the center of the sun system. If this camera is aligned to your camera, then the sun/moon systems will also have centered correctly for your setup.

Also all effects like snow etc will align this way, so they are readilly available when you start the game (otherwise must be manually moved to the desired positions). If local position for snow, rain etc are used, the new hero must also be set in the SkyManager script in "Hero" paramter (so the effects are parented there to follow the player). The sample has the "First person Controller with GI" set as the default hero.

The camera must have the same filters as in my sample inserted or copied from the sample main camera (global fog sky master and sun shafts sky master). Also the new camera must have similar view distance, unless the sun/moon are moved along their forward vectors closer to the map center.

These are the most important things to keep in mind.

I used the "SkyMaster Skybox UNITY5 v2.0 BASE" prefab to get started in a scene and the thing required is to delete the default directional light and move the whole prefab so the sun/moon rotate around the map center (you dont need a terrain and the sample terrain (Terrain FOGGY) can be erased)

About GI Proxy, hero mode will make a light grid around the hero and have it follow him as he moves, this way you wont have to create a massive grid with many lights for the whole map, but only have the grid follow the hero and create lights that make the most difference near him. Note that you must enter your hero in the "HERO" parameter, so the script knows who the player to follow is.

I have a ready setup for the sun GI light in the "SAMPLE CUSTOM PREFAB" prefab, so you can start from that. The main things you need to define is the hero and sun, plus the cut_height that tells the script to eliminate light below that height (for when the sun moves under the terrain at sun down)

I hope these help, please let me know for any further question.

I am hard at work in the new configurator option for the coming v3.0 that will automate all these steps, so hopefully these setup steps will be concluded with a few clicks in the next update.

3. RyuMaster

RyuMaster

Hi! Thank you, I'll try once more today and see if I can get is all working properly.

nasos_333 likes this.
  4. nasos_333

nasos_333

Please let me know for any other help required, if it is still difficult to get it right, I can also skype and use teamviewer and provide a fast tutorial or scene setup on the spot

5. nasos_333

nasos_333

A storm is coming !!!

Sky Master ULTIMATE v.3.0 new Volumetric Storm WIP, for the most realistic storm effect, with true volume in clouds and light interaction that truly emits within the cloud mass.

The overall look is still in heavy WIP, and there are no higher shader based cloud bed yet that complete the effect and mood. The ocean will also receive a change based on the specific weather.

Older WIP of the video:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  6. RyuMaster

RyuMaster

Thank you for willing to provide the support, I decided to wait until version 3 is out, considering that you are working hardly, I think it will be worth it :) As you will take my experience into consideration, I do not worry anymore, that I'll have troubles setting it up.

7. nasos_333

nasos_333

I am definitly trying hard to remove all setup hardships in v3.0, especially since with all the new systems and total integration there is now a lot more complexity and would be a lot harder to provide tutorials or describe a from scratch procedure without some form of initial automated setup.

The goal is to put together a fully working world that can easilly be changed with custom items (hero, terrain, cloud and ocean types etc) with a few clicks, so i hope i will cover all the issues mentioned.

Plus you will have the benefit of the new ocean, snow etc systems and integration for a more complete and enchanced experience in every aspect.

I will have a beta testing call when i am done with the final tweaks and controls i am doing now, so if you are interested you can have the beta to test and see if it suits every need and i can provide extra controls for the final release based on feedback.

8. RyuMaster

RyuMaster

Yes, that would be great - I'll also get better idea of the sytem, while participating in beta, you may PM me once its ready to test( I'll PM my invoice number tomorrow, when I get home)

9. nasos_333

nasos_333

Storm WIP for Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.0

Great, i will send a version as soon as i have the RC1 ready to go.

Sky Master 3.0 is on a whole new level in every way from 2.x, so it will be best to start with the new system and i can also adapt to specific needs during the beta, to cover every little detail.

10. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP videos on Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.0

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
  11. Duffer123

Duffer123

Brilliant - just hoping all is easy to access and execute.

nasos_333 likes this.
  12. nasos_333

nasos_333

All this setting is made with 7-8 mouse clicks and maybe a few drag and drops for the hero and map center definition (hero has a tag based option as well). Plus some more buttons to apply image effects as required (volume fog, sun shafts, aberration, tone mapping, underwater blur etc) , always fully automated in their setup.

The new Volumetric Weather (seen in the new videos) is also automated and is selectable though a menu which will gradully shift to the storm and then to clear on demand, plus i have a weather events system to program when the various weather will appear and with what change.

The weather shifts are self contained, so if you put a new weather pattern on demand, all gradual shift is taken care automatically.

Everything can also be scaled, to faciliate different world sizes using a single global world scale slider. There is some more work to be done on the scaler for the ocean mainly, but i am 90% there for the overall systems,

It is definitly a vast step ahead in ease of use than the current version and i will be improving this aspect for a long time to come as well and based on user feedback with more tools and automations, since it can now be the major focus as all other systems i had initially planned are now in v3.0 (ocean, snow, special volume cloud shading etc).

The water is also fully automatic on instantiation, it grabs the sun /moon specular, has underwater transition with volume fog, dynamic caustics, blur etc and reacts to time of day and weather pattern.

akhil96 likes this.
  13. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last day of the Sky Master ULTIMATE sale !!!

Make sure to grab the pack while the offer is still active !!!​

14. nasos_333

nasos_333

The big ARTnGame sale is over

Sky Master ULTIMATE will increase price slightly after v3.0 is released, to $95

15. nasos_333

nasos_333

New offer on Sky Master ULTIMATE purshase, a free voucher for Toon Effects Maker ($50 worth) will be granted for every new purshase this week, until vouchers last

3/3 Toon Effects Maker vouchers left

Toon Effects Maker provides an easy way to put together spectacular special FX, has a toon ocean module and a very large library with ready to use effects and scenes. The tools support selective particle reconfiguration based on other particles, sprite sheet creation from any animaton including particles and much more.

TEM is an ideal companion for both Sky Master ULTIMATE and Particle Dynamic Magic assets.

16. nasos_333

nasos_333

The Toon Effects Maker offer will be active until the end of this week.

Make sure to grab the pack and get a free $50 gift while it lasts

17. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.0 - WIP on final tweaking and testing before the beta

Pics with volumetric clouds - InfiniGRASS integration - Ocean/Water - snow - sun shafts - volumetric gradient fog - dynamic rain drops on glass & refractive shader - caustics.

18. nasos_333

nasos_333

Free InfiniGRASS voucher with the next two Sky Master ULTIMATE purshases !!!!

Buy Sky Master ULTIMATE and post in the forum thread to get an InfiniGRASS voucher for free.

Vouchers left: 2/2

19. nasos_333

nasos_333

I have missed this post :)

The water is mainly shader based, so as a first implementation it can be applied to a group of planes. These can go anywhere to fill water as needed in various heights, i have not tested extensively every apsect though, so for example if you need to go underwater in various heights, that is mor complex (still possible) and per game case, so for start i will have support for one plane (can be spread in various areas though, so can be non continous) and underwater for this main plane.

Other planes can go in other heights, but the user will have to define the transitions based on this height if need to have underwater there for example.

I have also created a system to grab the water wave heights, so v3.1 will have a complete precision buoyancy system as well and transitions underwater based on the real water wave height !!!. This was the hardest part as GPU water may be super fast, but is very hard to convert the shader and get the actual heights, so i took some extra time and i already do height calcs, so the rest is trivial (but will come in v3.1 as they are time consuming to perfect and tweak)

Generally it will be a super good combination of ultra fast GPU based performance and gameplay interaction when i am done with it. Another idea is to add local waves from objects interacting with water and things like flowmaps and much more, if the pack does well (which is mainly governed by reviews).

The ocean is now a complete pack by iteself and after the v3.1 will get its own asset as well (all updates for this asset will be free for Sky Master ULTIMATE users)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  20. nasos_333

nasos_333

Free InfiniGRASS voucher with the next two SkyMaster ULTIMATE purshases !!!

Buy Sky Master ULTIMATE and post in the forum thread to get an InfiniGRASS voucher for free (also a Toon Effects Maker voucher for a $110 worth of free assets !!!).

21. Duffer123

Duffer123

Excellent naxos, looking forward to it... ;)

22. nasos_333

nasos_333

Thanks, the water is turning up to be a whole world on itself :)

I underestimated the work that came up as i was adding more features, like the complete underwater, height calcs (shader conversion to script) and all the combos/presets, so the beta got a bit delayed than what i had planned, but on the other hand i will have a complete water/ocean system to deliver with v3.0, far beyond my initial plans and with full integration.

I think the slight delay will be worth it :)

I am now looking at how to deliver the various snow based replacement shaders for Unity grass/trees and SpeedTree.

SpeedTree shaders will probably be uploaded in a dropbox and be given for free for everyone, as i am not sure about their license and whether i can include them in the asset.

The Unity shaders are a bit tricky too, on one hand i dont want to have shaders in projects directly replaced, as this is usually a trouble maker, on the other it will take users a few extra steps to activate them from a unitypackage that will come with install notes and a warning to erase the shaders if any issues arrise (due to version changes in Unity etc)

InfiniGRASS will work with Sky Master out of the box (with a few more features and vertex based grass coverage in InfiniGRASS v1.4, plus seasonal changes)

23. nasos_333

nasos_333

Free InfiniGRASS voucher with the next two SkyMaster ULTIMATE purshases !!!

Buy Sky Master ULTIMATE and post in this forum thread to get an InfiniGRASS voucher for free.

24. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE is now discounted to $80 until v3.0 release, for a more indie friendly pricing until the behemoth v3.0 update releases, adding the new Ocean, Snow, Volume Weather systems, the Configurator for ease of use and much more.

25. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.0 WIP

Floating boat in the new ocean system. This is a fast test of the height calculator for the GPU based water, a complete buoyancy system will follow in v3.1 of Sky Master.

Sky Master ULTIMATE is now discounted to $80 until v3.0 release !!!, for a more indie friendly pricing until the behemoth v3.0 update releases, adding the new Ocean-Water, Snow, Volume Weather systems, the Configurator for ease of use and much more.

26. nasos_333

nasos_333

The InfiniGRASS offer is now over, all vouchers have been granted.

27. nasos_333

nasos_333

Water WIP

28. nasos_333

nasos_333

Promotional material WIP for Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.0.

The beta will be uploaded tomorrow

Lohrion likes this.
  29. Duffer123

Duffer123

And lo... people did blob themselves with excitement...

nasos_333 likes this.
  30. nasos_333

nasos_333

I hope it meets all expectations, i am very excited to at last have everything in place, it took many sleepless nights :), including the one last night that i was creating the first edition of the manual.

31. Duffer123

Duffer123

Time we'll spent I am sure. I can imagine the new manual ran to more than a page... ;)

Aside from all the rest of it, those misty forest and river screenshots look pretty darn good.

32. nasos_333

nasos_333

The manual is a startup guide and around 10 pages, the final manual that will detail all new parameters in all scripts will be a behemoth :), but i hope with the configurator only few sections will have to be visited in any of the scripts.

The forest and river use InfiniGRASS as well, so it is the combined splendor of both packs that get the effect. These have got extra attention as they are prototypes for my RPG. I plan to have a similar super cool demo using the two packs, ready for ingame use with as good details and artistic flavor, after v3.0 is released and InfiniGRASS v1.4 is out as well.

Then i will move to finilizing InfiniTREE 2 (which will produce another updated demo version with super detailed next gen and dynamic trees) and continue with my gameplay packs, PANDORA, InfiniCASTLE and an AI system, along with updates in Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.0 (local volume fog and side way sun shafts, FFT waves option for stronger machines, complete buoyancy system for the GPU ocean etc ) and InfiniGRASS (many more brushes and usuability enchancements, e.g. procedural creation of grass).

33. Duffer123

Duffer123

@nasos_333 ,

And don't forget about Playmaker support in v3.1.... ;)

Hold the 'phone, what's this about Pandora. InfiniCastle and Ai? Please tell me you're building an Rpg kit....

34. nasos_333

nasos_333

PANDORA water module (frontal, 2.5d plane option (multi plane support as well, gradual flood option), all dynamic and buoyancy implementation, metaball liquid emulation with colliders in 2D plane)

Pandora is a 2.5D oritented kit, that will have time and physics control modules (that can be used for full 3D of course, just the samples will be 2.5D focused). It will also use (or integrate, TBD) Particle Dynamic Magic for optimized particle effects in gameplay situations, like in spherical gravity etc and have a 2.5D water module as well.

This pack will be upgraded constantly with new gameplay ideas, even small mini game templetes (i plan to have a complete Plants vs zombies templete with some unique ideas in the first update, or as a separate add on pack for example). The logic is to provide something that can readilly used, besides the core modules to control and design physics and time.

If i pack it with Particle Dynamic Magic, there will be an upgrade option for PDM to the PANDORA pack, for users that already have PDM.

InfiniCASTLE will be a construction kit, the goal is to be something like infinigrass for buildings, with modifiers, modules placement and spline based modeling. This was some of the work i started many months back and will polish for a complete tool. Castle walls will also be easy to make, plus all will be controllable in shape in game and adapt to terrain (this already works, just needs some fixes in UV mapping and intantiation/bathching controls).

The AI kit will sit above both PANDORA and the other assets and will be a system to solve the multi layer issue with grid based systems, thus will be very fast and versatile but wont miss on layered structures (at least that is the goal, i am playing with various ideas ATM)

I am not thinking about a complete RPG kit, since making atrribute stats etc systems will be rather boring and i will focus on the gameplay side only and let other packs that do it great (like ORK) have the variables and data keeping role.

These are all systems planned for use in my RPG as well, so i cant tell when they will come, but all are fully planned,, starting with PANDORA as priority.

PANDORA water above uses Sky Master ULTIMATE volumetric fog and shafts to complete the atmosphere effect.

PANDORA early WIP, sperical gravity with irregular planet surface motion adaptation and spherical particle control. This is a small sample of what will be possible, other things include AI for enemy swarms with patterns and environment awareness, liquids, ropes (grapling hooks), teleportation with shader control, 2.5D shooter mini game, time control for slowing down bullets etc without need for extra coding of timelines etc or use different variables, physics design with editor handles and much more.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  35. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.0 Beta is now ready for download !!!

All Sky Master ULTIMATE users can participate in the beta, please let me know with a PM and the Sky Master invoice and i will send a link to the v3.0 beta asap.

Lohrion likes this.
  36. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi everyone

The Beta for Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.0 is ready for download.

Please let me know with a PM if you would like to participate in the beta (open to all sky Master users)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  37. nasos_333

nasos_333

One note on the beta, there are various advanced systems that go in the module when the sky is created. These may require some extra tags to be defined (mainly Flammable and Flamer tags), or the items can be removed from the Sky Master Manager (e.g. Buttefly3D list set to zero) so tags will not be required.

38. nasos_333

nasos_333

New Features in Sky Master v3.0

Ocean - Water system
    - New water system, for spectacular bodies of water, with full underwater emulation (fog, caustics, fish, sun filtering/beams)
    - Reflection and refraction support
    - Foam and shore edge detection
    - Many presets that cover anything from ocean water to forest ponds.
    - Extremely fast GPU based water
    - Wave height calculator and boat sample (full buoyancy system will come in v3.1)
    - Tile based system for easy adjustement of water to various areas (infinite ocean and LOD support will come in v3.x cycle as well)
    - Option to have water follow the hero, for endless ocean emulation
    - Shore line wave height modulation, for realistic shores
    - Local point light support
    Volume clouds
    - Volume clouds LOD system (near and far, reduces overdraw, especially useful for 1080p resolution and mobile)
    - Volume clouds fade in/out for gradual appearance and sound (rain, thunder etc) fades
    - Volume cloud fix (white cloud appeared when particle count was not divided exactly by cloud center count)
    - New volume cloud shader with scatter effect for realism, new realistic presets
    - Volume cloud vertical formation, for more variety in cloud bed arrangement
    - Height based particle coloration (to emulate the effect of shadow on lower cloud layers)
    - Big number of new presets and samples that showcase all the new features
    - Point light interaction with volume clouds, for use with lightning
    - Accumulation option, for thicker cloud formations.
    - Smooth cloud motion and wind emulation

Lightning
    - New dynamic lightning system, with extra detailed branches and complete randomization
    - New glow effect

Moon phases
    - New shader based moon phase system, with multiple options for total control
    - Optional moon coloration for red moon style etc
    - Automatic per month and year moon phasing changes

Snow
    - New snow and mud puddle shader, for meshes and Unity terrain, SM2.0 and SM3.0 varieties
    - Gradual snow appearance and melt away controls, integration with InfiniGRASS, Unity and SpeedTree trees and billboards, meshes etc

Liquids
    - New water drops on camera shader, with refraction and water drop motion
    - Screen freeze effect also integrated

Volume Lit particles
    - Particle shader that receives light (directional and point/spot light)
    - SM2.0 base (directional) for full compatibility
    - Optimized for speed
    - Atomic bomb example (bonus)

Shader Based Cloud Dome
    - More realistic shader based dynamic cloud dome added, for emulation of higher clouds, above the volumetric cloud bed.
    - Replaces the texture based cloud dome that was available from the initial Sky Master release
    - Artistic features like glow and special motion blending

Sky Master Editor - Configurator - Library
    - Global configurator of Sky Master prefabs and automation of prefab creation
    - Particle scaler included and automated scaling (particles etc) for the whole prefab (particle scaler can be used as stand alone too)
    - Library of ready to use volume clouds, sky moods, effects etc, all one click away and with preview images
    - Global modifier controls to alter the environment look easilly

Volume Weather
    - New Volume Weather module, that uses the volumetric clouds and fog for most realistic weather effects. Inner cloud lighting for lightning is just one of the many new posibilities.
    - New refractive rain and splashes for even more realism
    - New system to define weather patterns
    , per season with weather events
    -
    Integration of the module with the configurator for easy weather event assignment
    - Integration with the snow and ocean-water systems

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  39. nasos_333

nasos_333

The first hotfix for v3.0 beta has been released (v.3.0.1).

The Beta for Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.0 is available for download for all users of the pack.

Please let me know with a PM if you would like to participate in the beta (open to all sky Master users) and for the link to the hotfix.

-----------------

Sky Master ULTIMATE is discounted to $80 until v3.0 release, for a more indie friendly pricing until the behemoth v3.0 update releases, adding the new Ocean, Snow, Volume Weather systems, the Configurator for ease of use and much more.

40. nasos_333

nasos_333

Water video:

Sky Master ULTIMATE is discounted to $80 until v3.0 release, for a more indie friendly pricing until the behemoth v3.0 update releases, adding the new Ocean, Snow, Volume Weather systems, the Configurator for ease of use and much more.

The Beta for Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.0 is available for download for all users of the pack.

41. nasos_333

nasos_333

Extreme performance with True Volumetric Clouds, Full Physically based sky model, Ocean/Water & Terrain. Also i post a pic without trees, since Unity trees/grass is very heavy, for a more clear picture of Sky Master specific complonents.

UPDATE:

A few additions and fixes are now in WIP for the beta (more water reflection and sky brightness controls, one issue with high density shader based clouds)

After these are finilized the pack will be submitted to the store, so make sure to grab it while on offer.

Sky Master ULTIMATE 3.0 offers a try volumetric clouds system and a complete Ocean/Water system (along with the physically rendered skybox, weather & volume fog) made with performance & compatibility in mind, all in one pack and with complete integration.

Also with the new configurator it is easy to put together a whole world with a few clicks and control its features in a streamlined way. The pics posted above show what was created after 5 minutes using the Configurator and the extreme performance even in 1080p, with volume clouds, ocean and multiple image effects on camera.

Unlock the true power of Unity in the most perfrormant way, with Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.0 - soon at the Unity Asset Store

While creating my own RPG, i realized the sky, grass and water can look great without using expensive techniques that remove the ability to make the actual game look stunning and detailed, by draining all resources. This is the major advantage of Sky Master ULTIMATE and the goal for v3.x cycle will be to further enchance the visuals to match or surpass the visuals using more expensive techniques, with the extreme performance of Sky Master.

Also the system is readilly compatible with InfiniGRASS, for next gen grass with extreme performance (no render textures are used, so it can be as fast as it goes with a pure GPU implementation), with effects like gradual snow growth on grass ready to use and true non patterned foliage.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  42. nasos_333

nasos_333

New offer for the end of the month !!!

Buy Sky Master ULTIMATE, try the beta and write a nice review that takes the beta into account and win an InfiniGRASS or Advanced FX Creator voucher.

There will be one winner of a voucher for InfiniGRASS and one for Advanced FX Creator and up to 3 more entries will get InfiniGRASS on download link.

43. blockimperium

blockimperium

Just came across the product and it looks interesting. In the process of evaluating sky/weather systems to go along with Gaia for a new product. The one concern that I have after looking at some of the videos is whether or not there would be some form of support for mobile. That's the thing keeping me from putting this on the short list.

44. nasos_333

nasos_333

The sky shading is SM2.0 and has been tested on mobile, so that aspect works out of the box.

The volume clouds are generally rather heavy for mobile, but for stronger machines these clouds can look good even with much lower than the desktop demo particles, so that system can also be used, but not with thev3.0 latest shaders that have scattering and special shading modes.

Still the results can be spactacular without the new shaders (like the clouds in the current demo, with a bit less particles).

Other effects like heavy rain etc are Shuriken and can be adjusted for the required platform in particle number etc

The water is based on Unity water4, so if that works on mobile, the water will as well (i have not tested it though)

The system is generally super optimized for desktop, so that will also benefit mobile use, for example the volume cloud bed takes just one draw call and most aspects are using the GPU (volume clouds with optimization factors take very little CPU, ocean, shader based clouds) so should be fit for mobile use, with the rule to keep everything a bit lower end than desktop and not enable all special FX together.

The new shader based cloud dome has not been tested on mobile, so i will have to do some tests, but is SM2.0 so it is not using a model outside mobile ability.

I can make a full adaptation for mobile as well in later versions (so things like refractve rain, volume clouds etc wont have to be manually changed to lower end versions), but the priority is to get the desktop version with all features and option perfected first.

Note that the gradient based volume fog is SM3.0 and will not work on all mobile platforms. The snow shader has a SM2.0 variant for mobile use.

To sum up, the system has many parts that are ideal for mobile and super optimized (for example sky is shader based - SM2.0 - and not using expensive sphere method or GI scripting and works directly with Unity 5 skybox without adding any overhead, the volume clouds take just one draw call, higher clouds are shader based, water is GPU based etc), but is not working on mobile out of the box and will need some adaptation depending on the target platform.

45. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

A few of the features planned after the v3.0 release
    - Shore line for ocean-water
    - Starfield shader
    - Local foggy lights and dynamic sunbeams
    - FFT Waves option for faster systems
    - Full Buoyancy system (wave height sampling is already done and buoyancy script adapted from my 2D water and works great, but will need extra tweaking so will come in v3.1)
    - Extra layer of liquids running on the screen/window rain effect
    - River creation with splines and flowmap usage
    - Local water waves and splashes
    - Complete mobile setup, accessible through the new configurator
    - Playmaker integration

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  46. Duffer123

Duffer123

Sounds fantastic , all. But don't forget about Playmaker integration! ;)

nasos_333 likes this.
  47. nasos_333

nasos_333

Most definitly is in the plans, after v.3.0 is released and has the first layer of controls and ease of use applied.

Playmaker will make great sense now that the system can be so controllable and has the globalized configurator. I will also be working on much more controls in parallel for v3.1 and try to apply Playmaker in all of them too

48. Duffer123

Duffer123

@nasos_333,

Brilliant. Looking forward to it.

49. nasos_333

nasos_333

The beta is getting to a close this week, so i will submit and start on v3.1 asap after that.

Here is some more videos of the system, one with ocean and another with InfiniGRASS.

Sky Master v3.0 and InfiniGRASS video

Ocean

50. Duffer123

Duffer123

Looks amazing. Any chance of Playmaker integration with Infinigrass in due course?