Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[SALE 50% OFF] AltSDK: AltPaint + AltSketch + AltAssets + AltStudio (Frameworks, Editors..)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AltSoftLab, Jun 24, 2015.

1. HunterTank95

HunterTank95

Hi Mike,

Sorry for the long wait. I had to verify I wasn't missing something by going over things with other devs and those I trust to tell me honestly when I'm overstepping or being a general ass.
    Believe it or not, I'm generally a pretty easy going guy so the way this all turned out really surprised me.

As it turns out, they too are at a loss as to why you've felt it ok to speak to me as you have (both on this forum and via private email).

Also not having time to wait on updates does not equate to being upset that advertised working functionality, especially when its the entire reason why you bought the asset, is completely missing or crashing the editor.

One is being impatient for new features or optimizations, the other is calling out a dev for releasing a product that doesn't do what they said it does.
    Your mistakes do NOT justify treating paying customers, let alone fellow developers, like anything except amazing.
    Customer service is the backbone of any respected business and yes, as you pointed out, black pr does way more than white pr, so why do you think it okay to be as you have been?
    If the tables were turned and this were my product I would be bending over backwards and apologizing, not calling them hysterical 21 year olds and toeing the line between what I can only guess you think is professional niceties and flat out insults.
    One of a hundred customers or one of a million customers you just don't do that.

With that said:

Thank you for taking the time to help out a weekend warrior developer.
    The source code files for the pdfSharp namespace you recently provided are a good starting point for figuring out a fix to the pdfsharp bugs....but I honestly don't want to use your asset after everything that's happened and spending my man hours fixing your asset's problems...well....its not what I paid for.

So a compromise:
    You did, in fact, eventually give me pdfsharp namespace source code that would have allowed me to at least attempt to get your asset working as advertised. For that I'll update my review and raise the rating a bit.
    I can't, however, in good conscience give a good review to a company that feels its ok to treat their customer's like garbage just because they're upset that things don't work as advertised.

I do still, however, expect a full refund come Monday as I do not have any intention of using any product your company produces now or any time in the future.
    And yes, I will be emailing Unity about this so it really is up to you how dragged out this is going to be.

And to reiterate for those who end up reading this out of context:

I bought this asset exclusively for the advertised PDFsharp and MigraDoc functionalities. The youtube video shows MigraDoc and PDFsharp functional and included. Buying the product and importing it showed no MigraDoc at all and a PDFsharp integration that crashed out the entire Unity Editor the second you try to access almost all of its functions (the initial pdf preview function works). This crash also occurs after you build the example scene and run it as a standalone.

I emailed Mike and posted a 1-star review on the asset stating that the review would be updated and revised depending on how things go (as is typical to do when dealing with assets that don't work as advertised).
    I knew one or the other would get the dev's attention and that was the goal since I even stated in the review that I would update and change things depending on how things went.
    So true to my word I will be updating my review which is on the Indie license version of this Asset.

Thank you for your time.

2. HunterTank95

HunterTank95

Hi Mike,

I'll keep it short.

I want a refund.

3. HunterTank95

HunterTank95

Wow.......just......wow.......

Let's get some facts laid out:

FACT: I made no promise to review your product. My ongoing review is on the customer service your company provides and whether or not my problems got resolved in a satisfactory way. I've been "true to my word" by continuing to update the review as the interactions continue between you and me.

FACT: Withholding a refund on the grounds of requiring another review of your product is ILLEGAL.

FACT: Your Asset Store Page advertises the following functionality:

//pulled right from store page=
    "- Many integrated interactive packages: SVG, NPlot, OxyPlot, PieChart, ZedGraph, PDFsharp, MigraDoc, GMap.NET, HTML/CSS, ICSharpCode.TextEditor, Box2D, Farseer Physics, AForge.NET, etc. "
    video link -

Migradoc doesn't exist in the downloaded asset and PDFSharp doesn't work!
    THIS IS STRAIGHT UP MISLEADING AND FALSE ADVERTISING!

FACT: I'm not giving you a better review nor will I be taking it down. I'm dropping it down to 1-star on customer service alone, let alone the false advertising and everything else.

FACT: Contacting me further, by any means, for any reason other than to issue me an immediate refund, will be considered harassment and actions will be taken as such.

Thank you for wasting my time,
    -Scott

4. rubicon_xing

rubicon_xing

Did you ever update the package? The Asset Store has the date of January 2017, but I can't see any differences from the package last July.

5. EnjoyTime

EnjoyTime

Hi,
    I purchased " AltSDK (Professional)".
    But I don't know how to use it because I don't know how to use it.
    How do I use the Awesomium Browser?
    I tried using AltGUI_UnityUI_Demo scene.
    However, only the images are displayed and the Awesomium Browser does not work.
    Isn't the Awesomium Browser a web browser?
    Will it be normal operation in Android and IOS?
    Tell me how to use it.
    And the engine seems to be running out of user guide.
    Let me know if you have any help using this engine.

6. juscelino-t

juscelino-t

Hi,

We’ve being successful using your lib, however we got stuck when we needed to use Ionic Zip part because your lib is using IonicZip and has it embedded on Alt.Sketch, but it is not complete or have some missing methods (like ZipFile Save()). Also, because it is embedded we cannot import an external “raw” lib because they conflict themselves. Do you have any solution for it?

If you have an Alt.Sketch.dll without it, it would be enough. Or maybe an Alt.Sketch.dll which implements the whole Ionic.Zip where we can get all we need.

Tip: if you have the whole Ionic on your project, please, do not encrypt it. We understand you want to protect your code and encrypt it, but IonicZip is a third party lib and we have external support beyond yours.

I hope you can help us.

7. juscelino-t

juscelino-t

Hey Guys, do you have any update on the Unity Library. It has more then a month you said you would release a new version in 2-3 weeks and we still didn't get it.

Also, can you specify which external libs are embedded inside yours (like DotNetZip) because we need to know their licenses.

Thanks.

8. juscelino-t

juscelino-t

I'am having a issue on drawing an image on an OnPaint loop.

After I change my matrix to a different scale from 1 the image doesn't show up. Whenever it is set to 1 again it appears.
    code:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. mtx.Scale(scale, scale, MatrixOrder.Append);
    2. ...
    3. e.Graphics.DrawImage(backgroundImage, myRect);
    if scale is 1 the image shows perfectly.
    I tested with either DrawImage, DrawImageUnscaled and DrawImageUnscaledAndClipped. None of them worked correctly.

Is there a right way of doing that or is it a bug?

Thanks.

9. juscelino-t

juscelino-t

So, my point is. I have my on Paint method who is used to draw my stuffs. However, I have an option for zoom (scale).

Code (CSharp):
    1. rotected override void OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
    2.         {
    3.             e.Graphics.SmoothingMode = SmoothingMode.AntiAlias;
    5.             Matrix4 mtx = Matrix4.CreateTranslation(-m_SVGPathBounds.Center.X, -m_SVGPathBounds.Center.Y);
    6.             double scale = m_Scale;
    7.             mtx.Scale(scale, scale, MatrixOrder.Append);
    9.             e.Graphics.Transform = mtx.ToMatrix();
    11.             Alt.Sketch.Rect r = new Alt.Sketch.Rect(0, 0, 800, 480);
    12.             if (backgroundImage != null)
    13.                 e.Graphics.DrawImageUnscaledAndClipped(backgroundImage, r);
    if I draw an image right after the transformation (line 9) the draw image only works if scale = 1f. If I change scale a little bit the image disappear. If I scroll my zoom back to 1 it show up again. As I said before, I tested with either DrawImage, DrawImageUnscaled and DrawImageUnscaledAndClipped. None of them worked correctly.

Do you have any clue for me?

10. juscelino-t

juscelino-t

Gotcha!

I did it using the first solution: rescaling rectangle.

Thanks.

11. Gustavo-Quiroz

Gustavo-Quiroz

Hello,
    Is there an apk or video where I can measure the performance on mobiles? Im specially interested in maps and the online versions don't have map samples working.

12. dval

dval

Hello,
    I just tried running the example in Unity 5.6.2f1. It renders everything upside down. (it would be kind of cool if it was an effect I wanted.) Is there a fix for this, or is this a known issue? It was running really great in 5.3x

EDIT:

I fixed the upside down issue, by disabling Anti Aliasing in Project Settings > Quality Settings. I read in some other post that forward rendering was causing some apps to render upside down, so I was just poking around graphic settings, trial and error style. Since I am not scaling the anything in the app, disabling Anti Aliasing is a usable work around for now.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  13. weltbesterbatman

weltbesterbatman

Hi,

for a project I am searching for a multi-platform solution to generate HTML or PDF and send it by email from an app.
    Your asset looks promising. I would like to know.

1) Is it possible with AltSDK to generate HTML on iOS, Android, Windows, Linux, MacOS? If not, which platforms are supported?

2) Is it possible with AltSDK to generate PDF on iOS, Android, Windows, Linux, MacOS? If not, which platforms are supported?

3) Is there a version coming for Unity 2017.x and 2018.x?

4) More optional question: Did you ever send an email with a generated PDF or HTML from a unity app? Do you see any problems, that I should keep in mind?

Thanks alot

Jan

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  14. juuuuun

juuuuun

Hi, I've just purchased your AltSDK Professional and tried to build on iOS device (iPhone 7 plus with IOS 11.1).

I built with AltGUI_UnityUI_Demo scene but as you can see from the screenshot I took nothing shows up when I pressed any of the buttons on left side. Does this mean this asset is not supported for IOS which I thought it does....?

Attached Files:

15. Janoschii

Janoschii

Do you know, is AltSDK 2 coming this year, before March 2018 or in Summer 2018.
    Do you have a circa data as orientation?

Thanks

Jan

16. AppliedEngineering

AppliedEngineering

Hello, i recently bought and started using the AltGUI assets. I have a question regarding the Zoom and Pan feathure used in an OxyPlot. Is there a way to control and set the zoom and pan via script?

Thank you

Regards