Search Unity

1. Engage, network and learn at Unite Austin 2017, Oct 3 - 5. Get your ticket today!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Introducing the Unity Essentials Packs! Find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out all the fixes for 5.6 on the patch releases page.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Unity 2017.1 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Help us improve the editor usability and artist workflows. Join our discussion to provide your feedback.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Unity 2017.2 beta is now available for download.
    Dismiss Notice

[SALE 50% OFF] AltSDK: AltPaint + AltSketch + AltAssets + AltStudio (Frameworks, Editors..)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AltSoftLab, Jun 24, 2015.

1. rubicon_xing

rubicon_xing

Did you ever update the package? The Asset Store has the date of January 2017, but I can't see any differences from the package last July.

2. AltSoftLab

AltSoftLab

Hi rubicon_xing,

Not yet, just modified the description. It's better to look into the Version No before the update time.

P.S.
    A series of new releases coming in about two weeks

Best Regards

3. EnjoyTime

EnjoyTime

Hi,
    I purchased " AltSDK (Professional)".
    But I don't know how to use it because I don't know how to use it.
    How do I use the Awesomium Browser?
    I tried using AltGUI_UnityUI_Demo scene.
    However, only the images are displayed and the Awesomium Browser does not work.
    Isn't the Awesomium Browser a web browser?
    Will it be normal operation in Android and IOS?
    Tell me how to use it.
    And the engine seems to be running out of user guide.
    Let me know if you have any help using this engine.

4. AltSoftLab

AltSoftLab

Hi EnjoyTime,

1. "I purchased " AltSDK (Professional)"." - Please write to sales@altsoftlab.com, we need to check your payment invoice ID

2. "How do I use the Awesomium Browser?" - Where did you find any info about Awersomium in AltSDK? We tried to clean all of it to remove any misunderstanding.
    Awesomium - is an external solution (look more here http://www.awesomium.com/). We provide just source code of integration of it to AltSDK

3. "And the engine seems to be running out of user guide." - What does it mean?

P.S.
    After almost 2 years of work the AltSDK next major version comes soon. New tools, fetures, docs, examples, etc.

Joe

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  5. juscelino-t

juscelino-t

Hi,

We’ve being successful using your lib, however we got stuck when we needed to use Ionic Zip part because your lib is using IonicZip and has it embedded on Alt.Sketch, but it is not complete or have some missing methods (like ZipFile Save()). Also, because it is embedded we cannot import an external “raw” lib because they conflict themselves. Do you have any solution for it?

If you have an Alt.Sketch.dll without it, it would be enough. Or maybe an Alt.Sketch.dll which implements the whole Ionic.Zip where we can get all we need.

Tip: if you have the whole Ionic on your project, please, do not encrypt it. We understand you want to protect your code and encrypt it, but IonicZip is a third party lib and we have external support beyond yours.

I hope you can help us.

6. AltSoftLab

AltSoftLab

Hi juscelino-t,
    Thanks for your report. Yes integrated DotNetZip is already under AltSDK namespace and will be abailable in the next release.
    At this time the only one solution for you is just to rename namespace of your version of DotNetZip. It's very easy because it's open source and takes just a couple of minutes. Just rename Ionic to f.e. MyIonic.

7. juscelino-t

juscelino-t

Hey Guys, do you have any update on the Unity Library. It has more then a month you said you would release a new version in 2-3 weeks and we still didn't get it.

Also, can you specify which external libs are embedded inside yours (like DotNetZip) because we need to know their licenses.

Thanks.

8. AltSoftLab

AltSoftLab

Hi juscelino-t,
    Yes, you are right. Sorry for delay. Because delay since last release became too much, to prevent future delays we decided to finish allmost all planned tasks. Some of them started more than 3 y ago. Project too much restructured. New innovative tools, updated all libraries (fresh ports), many changes and optimizations in core. Work in progress. Not too much to wait.

All closed source parts are based on MIT & BSD licenses. The one assembly is LGPL (named with LGPL postfix, source code included, you can remove it if you want), but it will be removed in the next release.

9. juscelino-t

juscelino-t

I'am having a issue on drawing an image on an OnPaint loop.

After I change my matrix to a different scale from 1 the image doesn't show up. Whenever it is set to 1 again it appears.
    code:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. mtx.Scale(scale, scale, MatrixOrder.Append);
    2. ...
    3. e.Graphics.DrawImage(backgroundImage, myRect);
    if scale is 1 the image shows perfectly.
    I tested with either DrawImage, DrawImageUnscaled and DrawImageUnscaledAndClipped. None of them worked correctly.

Is there a right way of doing that or is it a bug?

Thanks.

10. AltSoftLab

AltSoftLab

Hi juscelino-t,
    Thanks for report. Please give more context - it's unclear how you use mtx and what it is.
    For the future: please make a short full featured example (like NUnit test) that can fully reproduce an issue.

11. juscelino-t

juscelino-t

So, my point is. I have my on Paint method who is used to draw my stuffs. However, I have an option for zoom (scale).

Code (CSharp):
    1. rotected override void OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
    2.         {
    3.             e.Graphics.SmoothingMode = SmoothingMode.AntiAlias;
    5.             Matrix4 mtx = Matrix4.CreateTranslation(-m_SVGPathBounds.Center.X, -m_SVGPathBounds.Center.Y);
    6.             double scale = m_Scale;
    7.             mtx.Scale(scale, scale, MatrixOrder.Append);
    9.             e.Graphics.Transform = mtx.ToMatrix();
    11.             Alt.Sketch.Rect r = new Alt.Sketch.Rect(0, 0, 800, 480);
    12.             if (backgroundImage != null)
    13.                 e.Graphics.DrawImageUnscaledAndClipped(backgroundImage, r);
    if I draw an image right after the transformation (line 9) the draw image only works if scale = 1f. If I change scale a little bit the image disappear. If I scroll my zoom back to 1 it show up again. As I said before, I tested with either DrawImage, DrawImageUnscaled and DrawImageUnscaledAndClipped. None of them worked correctly.

Do you have any clue for me?

12. AltSoftLab

AltSoftLab

Hi juscelino-t,
    Thanks for report. The task will be processed.
    At this time you can use another logic. You use destination rectangle 'r'. So you can just scale its bounds and draw image to it without using of matrix scale.
    Also there are several DrawImage implementations that contain SRC & DEST rectangles. You can easy calculate scaled DEST rectangle and put it to DrawImage func - like e.Graphics.DrawImage(backgroundImage, rDst, rSrc);

13. juscelino-t

juscelino-t

Gotcha!

I did it using the first solution: rescaling rectangle.

Thanks.

14. AltSoftLab

AltSoftLab

Hi juscelino-t,
    Thanks for report. You are welcome!

15. Gustavo-Quiroz

Gustavo-Quiroz

Hello,
    Is there an apk or video where I can measure the performance on mobiles? Im specially interested in maps and the online versions don't have map samples working.

16. AltSoftLab

AltSoftLab

Hi Gustavo-Quiroz,
    Sorry, but no. In the next coming in a few weeks release there will be full featured online and offline demos

17. dval

dval

Hello,
    I just tried running the example in Unity 5.6.2f1. It renders everything upside down. (it would be kind of cool if it was an effect I wanted.) Is there a fix for this, or is this a known issue? It was running really great in 5.3x

[​IMG]

EDIT:

I fixed the upside down issue, by disabling Anti Aliasing in Project Settings > Quality Settings. I read in some other post that forward rendering was causing some apps to render upside down, so I was just poking around graphic settings, trial and error style. Since I am not scaling the anything in the app, disabling Anti Aliasing is a usable work around for now.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  18. AltSoftLab

AltSoftLab

Hi dval,
    Thanks for report!
    Yes, you can read about upside down render here https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/SL-PlatformDifferences.html. But AltSDK doesn't need Unity Anti Aliasing for AA render. It renders Anti Aliased geometry throw another way.
    In AltSDK it can be processed in _Integration\Backend\Unity_Renderer.cs class by m_flipY variable
    In the next coming already soon release the solution will be a lot restructured. We targeting more on UI render, so the scheme will be the same, but throw the UI render.
    Binary part of AltSDK became too much smaller, more source code opened, and a lot of new features and tools will be released. But some external libs are removed as they don't used widelly (all LGPL parts removed).
    Not too much to wait the next release