Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Game Kit Controller: Engine with melee, weapons, vehicles, crafting & more! 3.75

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What features/systems do you prefer to arrive sooner for next updates on GKC?

1. AI behaviors options, able to drive vehicles and fire turret weapons

25.6%
  2. Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout)

30.0%
  3. Cover System and Climb system based on Breath of the wild and Assassins Creed

36.2%
  4. Online multiplayer (using mirror as first solution and include others later)

42.0%
  5. VR integration including 1st/3rd person and locked views

10.1%
  6. Full body awareness (FBA) to see player’s legs, body and arms in first person

18.5%
  7. More types of controls, similar to Diablo, MOBA & RTS and similar genres

10.6%
  8. More tools/creator wizards on the asset workflow (tell about them)

13.4%
  9. Integrations with other assets (tell about them)

16.2%
  10. More RPG/Scifi elements/mechanics (tell about them)

12.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

The dual weapon system is almost complete. The draw/keep button keeps the left weapon if the player is using dual weapons and change to previous/next weapon allows to set which weapon is used as single weapon if the player is carrying two. So keys O and P (by default previous and next weapon) are used for this and if the player press O, the left weapon is the one to draw after keep both weapons. And same with P, using the right weapon instead.

And here an example of multiples weapons combined and changing between them. And also, keeping one of them to set back to single weapon, instead of using the inventory to take a slot from a dual weapon slot.

Here an example of the flashlight. Every weapon has the option to unlock the cursor so the mouse can press physical buttons on the weapon/tool or UI elements. So the smartphone can have "apps":

Finally, I added the discard button to the inventory and the check to just drop the object selected in case the units of that object in that slot is just one:

Glad to hear that. Yeah, unity changes a lot of things between versions haha.

Regards.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    Wetw0rx likes this.
  2. robbskyy

robbskyy

====================
    All notes are from 'all features enabled' demo on UnityPro2017.3.0f1
    --------------------
    2.41d AI enemies from 2.3 are gone
    2.9 and 91 have to unplug controller for mouse and keyboard to work, they should work together all three
    91 red box around weapon pickups are now relics that stick on the screen when you move away
    need mouse wheel weapon switch or numbers above keys, no weapon wheel please.
    91 j button doesnt work
    Error building Player: 23 errors

Build completed with a result of 'Failed'
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
    Build also fails on UnityPro2017.1.1f1 and UnitySetup64-2017.1.0f3

3. sr388

sr388

Have you imported the asset into a new project or a project with a previous version of GKC?

In the second case, I would recommend to remove the previos GKC folder due to all the changes made during the update, on prefabs, player and new components. Scripts have also changed of place in some case on folders.

Tell me what case above happened in order to find the cause of the errors.

I can also make a remote session with you to take a better look. Send me a PM in this case.

Regards.

4. DigitalAdam

DigitalAdam

@sr388

Hi, so I created a new project, and added your GKC v 2.92. When I create a new scene and add the Player And Game Management prefab and hit play, it works fine. When I try to create a new character based on my mesh and make sure Remove Previous Player is checked, the Nathan model stays an shows my mesh, but when I hit play both meshes are in the t-pose and the camera just move continuously on the z-axis. Thoughts?

Thanks.

5. sr388

sr388

Hi @adamz.

Sounds like the character creator wasn't able to create automatically the new character using that model. Maybe the skeleton is not a standard type (all bones required).

I will send you a PM to take a better look at your model and see the cause.

Regards.

6. DigitalAdam

DigitalAdam

I figured it out. The Chest bone wasn't assigned. Everything is working fine now. Thanks!

hopeful and sr388 like this.
  7. sr388

sr388

Glad to hear that :)

Regards.

8. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have added a modification to allow to configure any prefab as an object to being able to be dropped by the drop pickup system, so things like vehicles (for example) can be dropped from any object, like a crate:

And here a funny bug during the configuration of the dual weapon system:

Almost all weapons are already configured. I will improve a little the spline system and configure the draw/keep path for hands, so weapons movements will be very smooth and natural with IK.

Also, here a look at the spline system, which can be used for any other purpose beside weapons, like a smoother waypoint system (I should have used another background xd):

Regards.

9. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have added new tutorial videos, with the steps to add new weapons, managing also weapons through inventory. Here you can see them:

Also, another improvement in the weapon system, making the draw/keep action smoother (the elbows IK looks much better now while drawing/keeping a weapon):

Finally, something important: I will make a new beta for GKC 3.0 once the dual weapon system is ready, so you can try that system and use it on your project if you need. Also, to get feedback in order to fix any possible issue and make improvements that could be useful. It will be ready this week, so anyone who want to try this dual weapon system, send me a PM.

Regards.

mytecjmb and Wetw0rx like this.
  10. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have added crouch and crouch recoil positions on weapons in first person along with an option to use or not these crouch positions on the current weapon.

Also, I have added an option on weapons to use a delay for projectiles to be placed in the position where they will impact in case the option to use raycast fire (place the projectile directly in the position where it would impact, instead of moving the projectile applying speed) is active, using also distance to check this delay, so the longer the distance, the higher this delay can be. There is also an option to use always the same delay, no matter the distance to impact surface.

And finally, I have added an option to configure fake trail for projectiles which uses the same raycast shoot. So even if that type of firing is used, a trail can be placed to show where the bullet "is travelling". This can be configured separately in every weapon projectile, including also particles for smoke for example.
    I haven't been able to record more video tutorials today (too much noise at home -.-), but will record tomorrow more videos. In this case, to explain how to configure locked camera views, like top down, isometric, 2.5d, fixed camera position, etc...

Regards.

11. Wetw0rx

Wetw0rx

Bro! All this S*** is amazing. GKC is reaching stratospheric levels, man :eek:

YucelBrendel, sr388 and ron-bohn like this.
  12. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

New tutorial video, this time to explain the locked camera system to configure fixed view.

Haha, thanks man, very happy to hear that. Can't wait to complete the dual weapon system.

Regards.

mytecjmb likes this.
  13. neoshaman

neoshaman

Hey, it was past the exosphere for a long time. :cool:

I'm pretty sure we will reach alpha centauri, where he will add a "create game button", that automatically build a game genre template randomly seeded toward creating a complete game. Asap as he implements scene management and procedural levels. :p

:eek: There is proof in this thread!

This remind me I must come back and work on my procedural progression generator prototype (text) too.

sr388 and Wetw0rx like this.
  14. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

The climb ledge system has an option which allows to press the interaction button (E by default), when he is on the air to check if a surface is in front of the player. In that case, the player will grab to that surface and keep grabbed until press E again to lose that surface or press jump action to jump over it. It has also has an option to set a maximum number of grab surface until the player touches the ground again, which works on any view (the position of the grab will be polished to make sure the player is not crossing the surface):

Btw, for this current update of 3.0, I will add animations to move left and right when the player is grabbed to a ledge, including player rotation to ledge surface, so he will be able to rotate on corners and adjust to different ledge orientations.

Also, added action to press and hold draw weapon key to draw dual weapon when he is just using single weapon, using the current weapon as right weapon. The left weapon is the first single weapon found in the weapon slots.

Finally, I have added an option on the attachments system to show an info panel in every attachment with a text to explain the function of that element, just by hovering the mouse above the button of any attachment.

EDIT: I forgot to reply to you @neoshaman. Thanks a lot for your comment, it made my day, like @Wetw0rx made the previous one :) Hope one day GKC has that kind of options haha.

Regards.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  15. blacksun666

blacksun666

@sr388 can you add support so people playing without a mouse can move a selection around the different parts of the screen (those parts where you have to hover over) and activate the tooltips too? Thinking consoles with access just to gamepads.

sr388 likes this.
  16. sr388

sr388

Absolutely. Menu management through gamepad is planned for 3.0, allowing to navigate for pause menus and ingame menus, like inventory, map, edit attachment, resolve puzzles or examine objects, etc... So you can be sure it will be included ;)

Regards.

mytecjmb and blacksun666 like this.
  17. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

New tutorial video, this time to explain how to configure a top down view:

I have added an option to use separated buttons for touch movement of the player, instead of a touch joystick

Sin título.png

Here the control may seems awkward, it is due to I am using just the mouse in the editor. Also, it allows to change ingame from joystick to separated buttons and vice versa. For example, to drive a vehicle or just to use movement to left and right in 2.5d mode.

I have also improved the locked camera movement for transition from one camera to another, avoiding that the player looks suddenly in another direction when you release movement input. Now it takes the new camera direction reference once you start moving again.

Regards.

neoshaman likes this.
  18. DigitalAdam

DigitalAdam

@sr388

Hi, I'm having some trouble importing GKC into a fresh project. I'm running Unity 2019.3.0a4, HDRP 6.7.1, and installed Pro Builder and ProGrids before GKC. The Console gives me no errors.

Once I install GKC, I get a few errors, and the HDRP demo scene no longer works.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Attached Files:

19. sr388

sr388

Mmmm, never seen that issue before. I saw GKC working without problems with HDRP while checking the project of another user. GKC doesn't use any special feature or system from unity, so it shouldn't have problems with that kind of systems, like HDRP. It could be maybe .net 3.5, which by default is active in projects/assets made in previous version than 2018/19.

Check the doc of GKC, in the part of issues/fixes to change from .net 3.5 to 4.0.

Tell me if you find that part on the doc or not and if it fix the issue.

Regards.

20. DigitalAdam

DigitalAdam

Under Player > Other Settings there is no Scripting Runtime Version, only Api Compatibility Level which I did change to .NET 4.X, but that didn't fix the problem.

21. sr388

sr388

I see. I will send you a PM to take a better look.

Regards.

22. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I want to show an important improvement on the character controller of GKC related to ground adherence and stair movement (character walking on stairs with real colliders instead of just an slope surface). Now the movement is a lot better and smoother:

Works on first person as well, and also, by default, it doesn't need to attach stairs component to colliders to detect surfaces with steps or different height steps. The steps here have a height of about 0.25:

Here, it has 0.5, which is a more extreme example:

And here you can see how actually moves the player from one step to another (in slow motion haha):

This system will be improved to detect irregular surfaces as well, with small holes and gaps, so the character moves properly on those places as well without problem (according to settings).

I want also have ready this weekend the beta, with all the progress so far for this first update of 3.0, with the dual weapon system as the biggest addition.

Regards.

23. bravery

bravery

Hi,

Was looking to the tutorial videos, specially the one where we replace the player.
    But I notice that the new character replaced correctly however he still use Ellen (the original character) animations!

So how can we change that? as you know every character is using his one animations for walking, running ...etc.

24. bravery

bravery

Also adding to the above question:

I'm trying to make a top-down game (or isometric game) like alienation, where it's top-down camera but also with angle, so the current animation of Ellen is not good for such game, like for example the way Ellen turn left or right is not good, and I need to change that, can you give an advice how to change that?

25. sr388

sr388

Hi @bravery.

Yes, the new character still using the same animations, but this is normal, since it is using the animator controller made for the player itself. But this is just the animator system of unity, so you can change any animation in the layers of the animator for your own. This process is the same for any character (not only for GKC, but any character controller for unity).

For this, go to the Animator window, and replace the animations you need there:

upload_2019-6-23_2-15-28.png

Yes, that camera angle can be configured, the last video tutorial uploaded for GKC covers how to configure that type of camera.

And related to rotation, do you mean rotation in the place or the rotation speed to look toward the cursor?

The rotation speed toward the cursor can be configured in the player controller component inspector, in these values:

upload_2019-6-23_2-19-35.png

And for the animation, in Strafe Aiming, in Idle tree, you can see there the animations used to rotate in place when the player is not moving.

upload_2019-6-23_2-18-24.png

Tell me if these is what you asked.

Regards.

mytecjmb likes this.
  26. bravery

bravery

Yes thanks I will try them and update you.

27. bravery

bravery

Regarding the animator can we replace the animation controller with different one, instead of going into the existing animator and modify the animation one after one? specially I have many melee attacks.

if yes how your code will recognize the new animator parameters and know which one to call?

28. sr388

sr388

Cool, looking forward to know about it.

The main script which manages the animator states is player controller. I have planned to modify this script to separate the animator management code into a separated script, with public names for animator states, making easy to change these states names in order to use a new animator controller quicker. This will be made between the current update in progress, which will arrive at the end of the next month and the next one.

For now, I would replace the animations in the current animator. In other case, you could edit the player controller script to change the animator states names and use a new animator.

Regards.

Wetw0rx likes this.
  29. bravery

bravery

Ok I will replace the animation in the current animator, but how to handle the melee attack, I want the player to be able to shot the weapon if I click on specific button and to run an attack combo if clicked on another button?

30. sr388

sr388

There is no option out of the box to use the close combat system with weapons at the same time, as they have been made as separated modes (which can be changed using by default the key H, to change between powers, weapons and combat, though any new mode can be added in any moment or removed).

Maybe an option could be combine the combat and weapons by using the option to carry weapons freely in the hands on the player without IK, so if the player is not aiming or firing the weapon, he can use the close combat. I could think a way to configure this if you are ok with that option (due to if the player is carrying a weapon with IK and a combat animaiton is activated, or the IK in the hands enabled and the animation may look awkward or the transition from IK with value 1 to 0, make the attack and return to 1 could look weird too).

But I want to work on this during 3.0, when I start to work in the close combat system, which will be started after complete the current update, so player can combine fire weapons, melee weapons and combat at the same time, including transitions between IK and animations.

Is there any game which use fire weapons and combat at the same time? It would help to check examples of this to work on these systems.

Regards.

31. neoshaman

neoshaman

sr388 likes this.
  32. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here a build demo with a simple scene to try the dual weapons:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gX7J-35WCMcxo6M0YAuY1534mMoCeaN5

Any feedback is very welcome, including any possible bug.

I have added also a new option added on weapons manager, similar to the general quick draw/option, but this can be configured separately in every weapon, so you can use the regular draw action in some and this one in others, usually for those weapons in positions hard to reach for the hands.

Like that, the weapons appears directly in the hand configured as dominant and from there, is moved to the walk position.

Oh yes, I saw that channel some time ago, very interesting stuff, and helps to get new ideas.

Regards.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    Wetw0rx likes this.
  33. bravery

bravery

Yes a game called alienation, here is the link:

sr388 likes this.
  34. sr388

sr388

Cool, I will take a look at that game to see how combines both elements.

Regards.

35. MangeyD

MangeyD

I am glad that you have created video tutorials as I bought this in 2015 and put it aside as it was far too confusing and lacked any clear documentation on how to use it.

Things look a lot better now but I am stumbling on your first video as you explain how to set the rotation for another figure but you don't really explain the concepts well enough for me to get it to work with the figure I tried.

See the screenshot below which shows the rotation of the spine. Based on this figure what should I change the rotation settings to in order to get this figure to shoot weapons correctly.

upload_2019-6-25_19-12-31.png

36. sr388

sr388

Hi @MangeyD.

Very happy to hear that and that you are back. Also, 2015, thanks for the support back then on the start :)

About the spine rotation, this is also explained in the main doc, though maybe is a little hard to understand the first time (or maybe I don't explain it properly).

The values to configure are 3 vectors. Each vector has a value similar to (1,0,0), with a 1 and two 0, to indicate a vector. This vector is the right, up and forward of the spine. The best reference is use the axis gizmo that you can see in the upper right corner of your capture.

In the capture you made, the values to use would be next:
    Spine right vector: (0,0,1)
    Spine up vector: (1,0,0)
    Spine forward vector (0,1,0)

The first case is that value because the local right vector of that bone has the orientation of the blue axis, which is z in the local axis, with a value of (0,0,1) and the same logic applies to the others.

Not sure if I am explaining this easily or not haha. Tell me what you think.

I have planned to modify this configuration, to make it automatically by the character creator and will be done during 3.0.

Regards.

hopeful likes this.
  37. bravery

bravery

Hi,

In this game it's straight forward the player can shoot anytime using one button pressed (say button X) and also use the melee attack the sword using another button pressed (say button Y).

It's as simple as this.

38. sr388

sr388

Yeah, I have been seeing that video and I have put on the todo list to check more of it. I will work on the option to use both weapons and close combat during the second phase of the current update, which has been already started this week.

Now that dual weapons are mostly complete, I will focus on crafting/trade/vendor/experience/skills, the armor/cloth system and the action system for the player, with push big objects and climb ladders as first examples of this system.

Regards.

Wetw0rx likes this.
  39. MangeyD

MangeyD

I will be looking forward to v3 when the rotation is done automatically but it is still not right with those values unfortunately. There may be some other issue so I will read through the docs more closely to see if I can work it out

upload_2019-6-25_20-45-56.png

40. sr388

sr388

I can make a remote session with you to take a better look at the configuration.

I will send you a PM.

EDIT: It seems that I can't send you a PM for some reason. Send me a PM if you want to make the session, or an email, you can find the email in the support documentation. Or you can join discord if you prefer: https://discord.gg/kUpeRZ8

Regards.

41. mc_raidin

mc_raidin

Hello, I just stumbled on this asset so I'm sorry if this is a dumb question or if this has been asked before, but in the description, under abilities it says it supports close combat with combos, would would this only apply to melee weapons? Or can it also be applied to hand to hand combat?

sr388 likes this.
  42. sr388

sr388

Hi @rai117.

Thanks for your interest for the asset. Don't worry for questions, don't hesitate to ask any doubt about the asset :)

The current combat system is for close combat, with kicks and punches (or other animations you configure in the combat layer), but it is not made for melee weapons yet.

But the whole melee weapon system will be added after complete the current update, which will be finished by the end of july. It is a reason why I have been working in the dual wield weapon system, since it will be used to allow the player to carry multiple melee weapons, like two swords, sword and shield, etc...

And the close combat system will be improved, being more customizable and configure combos more easily.

Regards.

mc_raidin likes this.
  43. mc_raidin

mc_raidin

Thank you for answering my question! I definitely look forward to see more of how the asset progresses.

sr388 likes this.
  44. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have improved the upper body rotation system, used when the player is aiming and removed a few settings fields that are not necessary in that inspector anymore. This also reduces the number of spine vector fields to configure to just one and this can be done automatically by the character creator. And also, the upper body rotation is smoother now.

I added a new weapon (better said, a new tool), the gravity gun, allowing not only to grab and launch objects, but push them and attract objects as well using the secondary action of the weapon, using the attachment system to select the current secondary action to use.

Also, I have made an addition to allow to use the compass without need to use the map system or the mini map window. Along with this, there is left and right limits for icons which shows the objectives to reach in the compass, so they can be kept inside the compass space (instead of looking like moving below it).

@rai117, cool, happy to answer any question and thanks for your interest.

Regards.

Neviah, hopeful and Razmot like this.
  45. hopeful

hopeful

Looking good! :)

I realize this new gravity tool is probably really only a tool at this point, and not an attack power, but if it ever is developed as a way to do damage, it would be great if it wasn't tied to a weapon, but was available in the unarmed powers section too. Basically, as a gravity or telekinesis attack.

As an attack, it would have to have a damage component (based on the throw, I suppose) and probably a physics component, in that the lifting and throwing would have to be based on a certain amount of mass and force. Thus a person could be lifted, but not a car. Or if a car could be lifted, the damage to a person or robot would be much greater than in the first example, due to the high amount of force that is used.

Like some of what presently exists in GKC, in my game players would have an attack / powers inventory that is separate from their personal body slot inventory. With the body slots, they may have picked up weapons and are holding them or have added them to a body slot, but this would be separate from their "native" or "permanent" powers. Melee attacks, telekinetic attacks, spells, and stuff like that would be in the attack or powers inventory, but not in the body slot inventory.

A key distinction for me is that the body inventory only has a certain number of slots, which may be increased a little, but it's still limited. Items that are found can be picked up and used or stored on the body. If a jet pack is found, and the back slot is open, then the player can add the jet pack to their personal inventory. And if they pick up a pistol, they can use it.

The attack power inventory is represented by an action bar, which can hold all of their selected permanent attacks. The action bar will have multiple trays, so there will always be more room in the action bar than powers the player possesses.

If the player's character is knocked unconscious, a consequence is that they might be looted. They could lose items from their personal inventory.

Attacks that they store in their attack inventory are permanent, though. So they can't have their punches, kicks, or telekinetic attacks looted.

sr388 and neoshaman like this.
  46. sr388

sr388

Damn forum notifications, for some reason, sometimes it doesn't appear until hours later xd.

Yes, this tool is made and managed by the weapon system, but is made like the smartphone or the flashlight, so it doesn't fire or produces damage in the same way. Its uses is basically the same as half life 2.

So you can pick objects and throw them, as a physical attack, exactly what you said. In this case, taking advantage of the attachment system, a secondary action can be configured, like push or attract a group of objects. The main grab objects component allows to configure which tags can be detected as object to grab, so similar to half life 2, at some point of the game, you can include NPC tag, allowing the player to just pick enemies like toys to throw haha. Or like you said, heavier stuff like vehicles or bigger objects as improvements for a weapon/tool.

The player already has a grab object system which is basically the same as the gravity gun, so with this tool, people can maybe disable the player's ability to pick stuff and use only the gravity gun, so the player has the need to change between weapons/tool to do certain tasks, adding variety to the game.

And like you said, this ability to use telekinesis is meant to be activated when the powers mode is active, so the player needs to aim to pick stuff in third person (in first person is active by default in any view). Though even if the telekinesis is not active, the player can still grabbing and carrying objects physically in his hands, in any view.

About body slot inventory, it is something that I could think to implement once the armor/cloth system is implemented, so besides cloth/armor, other objects could be placed there, like abilities or inventory objects, which would be objects separated from armor/cloth and would have different usages.

And about lose items, that is an interesting idea as well, since the armor/cloth could be something that could be lost by the player as well. There is already planned that armor/cloth pieces can be dropped from a character from damage, like fire to a chest plate can make that it just falls from that character, so player could pick it as pieces to improve his armor. Or even that piece just breaks and doesn't drop any object to pick.

Interesting stuff as always and thanks for these suggestions, really helps a lot to think in new ideas :)

Regards.

Wetw0rx likes this.
  47. hopeful

hopeful

Happy to share ideas! :)

So while my "permanent powers" would be more like a traditional game, the personal body slots are like a second sort of resource strategy, where players can pick up items dropped by defeated foes. Like if the enemy defeated still has 2 shots left in their pistol, the player can pick up that pistol and shoot those remaining bullets, and potentially even reload the pistol if they have compatible ammo. (I'd probably keep ammo compatibility very simple to avoid driving everyone crazy, but not so simple that there is no complication. You have to have a little complication to make it interesting. So probably universal pistol ammo, universal rifle ammo, universal machine gun ammo ... something like that, and then potentially some special ammo types within those divisions, like cryo or incendiary ammo, or maybe a non-lethal tranquilizer ammo.)

If the player came across a discarded bazooka or rifle, they could pick it up and use it, but they might not be able to keep it in personal storage if they already have a jet pack, because the rifle and bazooka would also need the back storage slot. So the player has to pick one to keep on the back, and the other must be either held in the hands or discarded.

As for the cloth/armor system, is that when you introduce UMA? If not, I suggest you introduce UMA first, so that whatever you do next with cloth and armor is more easily made compatible.

sr388 likes this.
  48. sr388

sr388

Yeah, I plan to add universal ammo with different settings too, including the ammo types management besides attachments (some ammo types are already added, like sedative, poison, etc... and others will be added, like freeze characters).

And about UMA, yes, is planned to be integrated soon. It was going to be added during previous update, but it was moved to another one. And will work with the armor/cloth system (any model will be able to use this system ;)).

Regards.

hopeful, Wetw0rx and Testmobile like this.
  49. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

The person who take cares of animation for GKC is already working in the new movements that will be added, which are climb ladders (including sliding down to move quickly).

The other movements which will be added are move to left and right while hanging from a ledge, including if the player has a surface to place his feet or he is just hanging on his hands. This will be added to the climb ledge system that will evolve into the whole climb system. And here some references that he will use:

Regards.

50. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have added an option on weapons to configure a reload movement on first person, allowing to use a spline to configure a smooth movement of the weapon while it is being reloaded, with settings for reload duration and reload delays to being able to fire again. While the reload is in process, the player can’t fire, and even if he is aiming, if the reload action is activated, the aim state is disabled:

There will be some tweaks applied to make it look better and more realistic, but I think it works as expected.

And here an example of the editor window view with the spline:

And also, I will have ready a beta for the current update, which will be sent to the store the next week, with the dual weapon as the most important feature added (though there is a changelog with other improvements, new options and fixes). The rest of content still planned for the end of july.

Regards.

Neviah, hopeful, Wetw0rx and 2 others like this.