Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Game Kit Controller: Engine with melee, weapons, vehicles, crafting & more! 3.75

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What features/systems do you prefer to arrive sooner for next updates on GKC?

1. AI behaviors options, able to drive vehicles and fire turret weapons

25.6%
  2. Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout)

30.0%
  3. Cover System and Climb system based on Breath of the wild and Assassins Creed

36.2%
  4. Online multiplayer (using mirror as first solution and include others later)

42.0%
  5. VR integration including 1st/3rd person and locked views

10.1%
  6. Full body awareness (FBA) to see player’s legs, body and arms in first person

18.5%
  7. More types of controls, similar to Diablo, MOBA & RTS and similar genres

10.6%
  8. More tools/creator wizards on the asset workflow (tell about them)

13.4%
  9. Integrations with other assets (tell about them)

16.2%
  10. More RPG/Scifi elements/mechanics (tell about them)

12.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sr388

sr388

Hi @westryder907.

I think the cause could be the animator structure and layers of the current version in the store 2.41d, which I think is the one you are using, right?

In that previous animator there was some redundant layer and parts not configured as good as possible. In 2.9, the animator has been remade to make easier to configure and modify, so animations replacement should be easier here.

I can send you 2.9 so you can try the replacement there and check the results. Send me a PM in this case.

Regards.

Neviah likes this.
  2. zefirozh

zefirozh

Hello, I have some questions before purchase your asset. Do it have survival element systems like stamina, hungry, thirty.

sr388 likes this.
  3. sr388

sr388

Hi @zefirozh.

Of course, feel free to ask any doubt about the asset :)

No, there is no similar systems yet, but it is indeed very planned and it is part of the systems that will be added inside the above poll of features, in concrete "Crafting/trade/vendor/experience/skills". That will include survival elements, as stamina, hungry, thirty, body temperature, and other stats, like poison and similar.

If you have suggestions for the survival elements, please them me all of them and will be added into the todo list ;)

EDIT: forgot to say, that these systems will be added on 3.0, which will be started in a matter of days (this week) and it will be made of several updates with 1-2 months between each other.

Regards.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  4. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Almost ready with the update 2.9, I have been making tests on the new scenes, making some tweaks. And also, I have added a couple of new scenes.

One to show the mission/objective system, with just a couple of missions in the level, very quick:

Mission System Demo Capture.PNG
    And another focused on showing icons in the screen, for things like reach an specific place for a mission, use the player waypoint system to render a path for the player, add icons to the compass, a little of the map, system, etc...

Objectives System Demo Capture.PNG

Regards.

Wetw0rx, Neviah and imblue4d like this.
  5. Neviah

Neviah

This is exactly what I need. Thank you so much!

sr388 likes this.
  6. zefirozh

zefirozh

Glad to hear that your asset up to RPG and Survival elements this will bring your asset to the whole new level and expand it's limitation.

You will get me on board for sure sir!

sr388 likes this.
  7. sr388

sr388

Glad to know that man. Really fun to think about scenes and what to show on it, it helps to improve the level designer skills (though I am trying to make these new scenes as simple and fast as possible).

Happy to hear that :D.

Yeah, can't wait to work on it, really curious to try this new stuff and systems.

Regards.

Neviah likes this.
  8. zefirozh

zefirozh

Have one more question before making a purchase of the asset. Can I change animations for my characters and AIs because I would like to make a zombie kind of game and want to make sure that my zombie AIs have right animation for it.

Thank you.

sr388 likes this.
  9. sr388

sr388

Absolutely. Also, in 2.9 the animator has been remade, with a better and simpler structure, removing some redundant layers and make it easier to manage.

About animations for AI, I would create a copy of the animator and maybe use the close combat system to attack the player when the attack range is activated, according to the distance to the player (or its target, like other AI or an object).

Don't hesitate to ask any doubt about the asset and suggestions are very welcome ;)

Regards.

10. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

During a break, I added a new short scene for the gravity system, in this case, for the room gravity system, to configure multiple gravity direction zones in the same level for player and objects, including regular and zero gravity and objects to circumnavigate.

And just for fun, I record this:

These are just dummy characters, made to try things like ragdoll, health system, accurate damage detection and similar stuff, they are not AI.

Almost finished the new scenes, just making minor checks on them. The update will be uploaded to the store this week
    and with luck, maybe it will be released this week too. This usually takes a couple of days for the store team to review it.

Regards.

11. MorpheusXI

MorpheusXI

Looks superb :)

sr388 likes this.
  12. Kilonne

Kilonne

Look very promising :)

I saw on Eliot AI thread, integration with this controller! Do someone tried? A behavior tree to use with this asset would be very cool for complex AI.

DrOcto and sr388 like this.
  13. sr388

sr388

Thanks to both @MorpheusXI abd @Kilonne :D

Yeah, the developer of Eliot worked in the integration of both assets for AI detection and receive damage between both characters and told me about it haha.

The same code that he added on his side will be added on GKC as well, in a hot update after 2.9, in order to have new update ready as fast as possible.

Regards.

14. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I added an option on the vehicle controller script of some vehicles to configure if the horizontal input is obtained smoothly or not (actual change from 0 to (-1,1) smoothly or use raw values). This allows a more precise turn like car, motorbike, hoverboard, hovercraft, turret and the flying vehicle (which doesn't have a better name yet xd)

And about the new levels, just on the final step guys, combine and export the probuilder objects. Here a couple of gifs with the game and editor window view of the gravity manipulation demo (which also has a local multiplayer version with 2 players):

I also improved the option to start game with an specific weapon, including option to just have it selected as current weapon or draw it as well at the start. Now it works properly no matter if the player uses or not the inventory to manage weapons.

Also, for 3.0, in the inventory system an option will be added to separate weapons and items and quest things, to put them in different inventory categories. This will be used for thins like the armor/clothes system
    similar to breath of the wild, dark souls, etc... where every piece has some stats that are applied to the player.

So once that option is added, the category can be configured in every inventory object like weapons, pickups, main quest objects, armor/cloth, etc... similar to those games. The armor/clothes system will arrive on 3.0, probably in first or second update, so the category system will be added as well during that.

Regards.

Wetw0rx and xDeveloper like this.
  15. hopeful

hopeful

I think it's a great idea to have a quest inventory that is separate from other inventories. Games usually like to have a restricted number of inventory slots for different purposes, like 2-6 max personal weapons slots, 6 max inventory slots in a vehicle, 20 max inventory slots in a base, etc. And maybe you increase the number of slots by in-game mechanisms (like buying a new inventory bin).

Quest inventories need to be kept separate, though, because if you pick up a key or a book or something that is needed to fulfill a quest, you can't risk running into the "inventory full" type situation. Especially if inventory full automatically drops the item on the ground. Yeah, I've had that before, trying to figure out why I can't complete a quest, when it turns out my inventory was full a couple of levels back, and something essential for the quest dropped onto the ground. ;)

So I'd say quest inventory has to expand and contract as needed, but only those things that are essential for questing - like "10 orc heads" - get put in there, and they get cleared when the quest is completed.

I don't know how complex you want to get, but since in games it is possible to be running more than one quest concurrently, you might have a different quest inventory for each active quest.

sr388 likes this.
  16. sr388

sr388

The current inventory system in GKC has options to configure infinite or a limited number of inventory slots (which can be increased with pickups). And for every slot, it can contains infinite or limited number of units as well.

So the idea will be to add the same setting for every category (these categories will be configurable as well, not a fixed list or amount), so you can configure maybe infinite slots for one and limited for other, according to what you need (RPG games used to have infinite slots and units per slot).

In case the inventory is full, the player is able to open it and drop any object from it in order to take the main quest object.

About different inventory per quest, maybe that could be a little strange (mostly because I don't remember a game which does this, but I am sure some does probably) as most games with categories in the inventory take all the main items in the same "folder" (like for example dark souls).

But yeah, none of the current systems are closed, so they can get new options and features in new updates ;)

Regards.

17. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have the demo build for 2.9 ready, but I am going to sleep shortly and the upload will take a lot (I am at town with literally just 50 kb of upload speed -.-).

Will try to upload during night and post the link tomorrow, but in any case, tomorrow I will be back to city and there, the upload will take just a couple of minutes. So no matter what the build will be here and with it, the update will be sent to the store as well tomorrow.

Regards.

DrOcto, Neviah, Wetw0rx and 1 other person like this.
  18. hopeful

hopeful

50 kb upload speed! That's like two cans with a string between them! ;)

DrOcto and sr388 like this.
  19. Wetw0rx

Wetw0rx

Very hyped for the inventory improvements! Also, with quests and vendors, 3.0 is looking to take GKC to a whole other level! I can't wait.
    Putting together an inventory system that ties, quests, weapons, armor/cloth and player stats together is no easy task but the current GKC systems have been evolving so well and are ready for the leap.
    Not sure how you're planning on doing stats like hunger etc but please consider the possibility of a collider or zone where condition options can be turned on/off like "cold" or "radiation". With options of how to counter the condition like by equipping an item or cloth or colliding with another trigger of higher weight or priority. This might allow for situations where a player could run into a barn to escape a storm or get near a fire/put on a coat to combat cold for instance.
    Sort of like setting up post processing volumes but for conditions affecting the player or even vehicles or AIs. Events are gonna definitely come in handy here.
    I've been writing little scripts to do things like turning on lights and terminals when the player puts fuel in generators at dungeons for example and I keep thinking there could be a more generic trigger system kind of like the GKC door system that can be adapted to things like this. Come to think of it, the fuel/health and door triggers almost do this already. Hmmmm... I'll be right back lol

sr388 likes this.
  20. sr388

sr388

Haha, and I think it would be pretty much accurate. The connection here is just 5 mb and not even real. would become crazy if I would be here more than just weekends xd.

Haha, thanks man, I am exactly like that too. And yeah, it will be an interesting work to do, but I am not afraid of that. A good thing of making roadmap and thinking about new features and systems is they start to being planned in background, in the unconsciousness without almost being noticed and them bam, it takes little time to do it (at least the main structure). Not always of course xd.

Of course, that is the main idea, using events and triggers to easily activate/deactivate states in the player and in other possible objects in the zone. Breath of the wild uses this type of elements for interaction and I want to try all of this to make a system as organic and customizable as possible. Really curious to try ideas for this.

The gravity room system uses a similar approximation to detect and manage objects in different zones, even allowing to make perimeters for every zone (similar to how tiles in the map system are done), including lower and upper height, for things like interconnected rooms. So the same solution will be used for this environment system.

The armor/clothes system will be the start for this, allowing to start to manage stats and states for the player, the objects he uses and more, expanding that to other elements as well.

Yes, there are triggers for elements like heal, energy, fuel, etc.. to take or add it to objects, like player, AI, vehicles, and others, though in this case, this system is not as general as possible and is more focused in this specific purpose.

But for the stuff you said, maybe I would use the simple button system to trigger events, like turning a light on and off, the use inventory object, for the same purpose using inventory objects, the put objects in position system, to place things like batteries or other objects for events, similar to dead space, allowing to take the current object and put another at any time (a system to make actual batteries that can give energy during a certain amount of time and run out of power would be useful too, deactivating the system which uses that power, will put that in the todo list).

Regards.

Testmobile and Wetw0rx like this.
  21. Wetw0rx

Wetw0rx

Yeah i checked out the devices more and made some cool new toys, I mean tools.
    The simple button and gravity system are tres magnifique!

sr388 likes this.
  22. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here build demo of update 2.9 for PC:
    https://mega.nz/#!mqQlTQTL!t3Ov77PfB3NhM1Jg09tExSlIv1rj8iroD74L9tGKoBY

Any feedback is welcome.

I will send the update to the store in a few hours.

Oh ho ho, omelette du fromag...I mean, magnifique.

Regards.

Last edited: May 27, 2019
    mindfulmx, Wetw0rx, redoxoder and 2 others like this.
  23. sr388

sr388

Good news, everyone.

Finally update 2.9 has been uploaded and sent to the store. Sorry for all the waiting time, I think you will like all the new elements. It should be available in about 2-3 days.

Here a link for the final changelog of 2.9: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nawTC-qLYSyQZqyUUTfZ-w3OK6-TC2IM

I haven't added an android apk link yet, but I will configure this demo build and add it to the update in the store once this first version is released.

Will start to work tomorrow in the new doc content and the first details for 3.0.

Regards.

Mixa1985, Wetw0rx, mindfulmx and 4 others like this.
  24. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

For the future melee combat system. I think it would come handy to add before the system for dual weapons, since this system will also manage swords, shields, maces, bows, etc...using the weapon behavior system. So for things like carry a shield and a sword, it would be basically the dual weapon system.

I have been already organizing in text which elements are needed to have dual wield weapons, seems pretty straight forward, will start with it tomorrow. Along with making the same to organized the structure of the most voted element of the forum poll, which is Crafting/trade/vendor/experience/skills.

Finally, tomorrow will start to organize the content of 3.0 along with set the priority and similar stuff. Then will move that to trello, so people can take a look at it whenever they want. As soon as I have a link for that, I will post it here.

Regards.

Testmobile, StevenPicard and hopeful like this.
  25. hopeful

hopeful

So the new version of GKC is out, which is great ... but is the file size like 10x larger than usual? I might be remembering wrong, but I thought this was normally a smallish package.

26. sr388

sr388

Good news, everyone.

The update 2.9 of GKC is live in the store.

I have seen an issue with .net 4.0 in 2018.3 and higher, to save/load the input, which I am already fixing. It is due to the serialization on this .net 4.0 doesn't allow to store elements from monobehaviour, which was being done to store the touch button info. But this has an easy way to fix.

In the mean time, go to the main parent of the player and set in Input Manager inspector this setting:

upload_2019-5-22_14-27-50.png

This setting doesn't use the load action for the input file, so the issue won't happen and the input will work. If you are using a lower version of unity 2018.3 or using .net 3.5 instead of 4.0, this won't affect your input.

There is also a couple of missing textures in a couple of scenes, which I will fix as well. Today I will upload a new version to the store with this content fixed. Like always, it should be released in just 1-2 days.

Its current size in the store is 426 mb and after import it, around 1.4 gb. I think this is due to the new scenes and some lighting settings file that have been stored with it as cache. I will try to reduce these lighting files size as much as possible.

Regards.

27. hopeful

hopeful

I tried to look around in it before heading to bed, and it seemed like almost all of the extra weight was coming from the multiplayer scenes.

Probably you don't need to have the lighting at all, since these scenes are not meant for publication, just to demo. (?)

sr388 likes this.
  28. westryder907

westryder907

Awesome! You're top-notch in my book!

Quick question, should we be deleting the old GKC folder from our projects before importing?

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    sr388 likes this.
  29. sr388

sr388

Yeah, will take a look at lighting settings. They should be just very simple, without fancy details, but for some reason, they have been stored in cache.

Haha thanks man. 2.9 has many changes in prefabs, some scripts have changed from folder and similar stuff, so I would do so (having a backup just in case).

Regards.

Neviah likes this.
  30. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

Hei mate.. I love your asset. purchased some time ago but really never used due to how complex it is...
    asset has too many features and is really overwhelming to start to work with it.. i really would to start again but sincerly i would to know if documentation is updated to all features asset provides and if there are some good tutorials to start on.. many thanks for your time

sr388 likes this.
  31. sr388

sr388

Hi @JC_LEON.

Thanks a lot for your purchase and interest in the asset.

Yes, documentation has been update recently with 2.9, with new content for the basic steps and first use, which is very complete for these task.

Also, in 2.9, many demo scenes have been added to show better more specific features and systems, which can be useful not only to show the asset to new people but for those who already have the asset to check better these elements without a lot of elements in the level.

And during 3.0 and next updates, new levels will keep arriving with the same style. And of course, now that the asset core and main systems are complete (2.4d and 2.9 updates had this main objective), the workflow and inspector will remain the same (with new options added too during new updates), so the rest of documentation will be update as well, to bring finally all the content to explain every part and every system of the asset.

Also, in about a few minutes, I will send to the store the update 2.91, which is a version with a couple fixes (the most important is related to a part of the save system for the input related to .NET 4.0 which works now properly in 3.5 and 4.0) and a couple of missing textures. This same week will return to the documentation and later this year, I will start with the video tutorials, I won't delay that anymore.

Regards.

32. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

hi and many thanks for yo time and you exaustive answer like usually....
    i think i cold give a watch to this great asset again maybr only to familiarize with the asset itself since for my proejct i need melee weapons ,and ranged weapons like crossbow and bow and if i remember correctly these will be added in 3.0..right??
    so how much time did you expect to relese the full 3.0 update..? do you think it will be out this summer^^??

sr388 likes this.
  33. sr388

sr388

Happy to answer any message and to hear that :)

Exactly, melee weapons (including swords, shields, maces, two hand swords, bows, crossbows, etc...) will be added on 3.0. Every update inside 3.0 will take about 1-2 months, and I want to start melee combat in the first update (which has started already today) and finish it for the second update (though according to how much time could take, maybe could appear in the third one, but I will try to bring it asap). So yeah, you can expect a place of 2-4 months from right now.

Today I will start to add the dual wield weapon system, to carry separated weapons in each hand, which will be used for the melee weapon as well, to carry a shield and a sword, two swords, etc... I will take inspiration from dark souls and breath of the wild games to work on this melee combat system.

Also, more RPG elements will arrive in 3.0, like experience system, skills, upgrades for weapons and powers, stats, armor/cloth system, inventory categories, etc...

Regards.

StevenPicard likes this.
  34. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have uploaded the update with the fixes to the store. Here you can see the changelog of this fixed update of 2.9, which is 2.91:

2.91 brings some fixes from the first release of 2.9, including a save file issue for the input system related to .net 4.0 in 2018.3 and higher versions. This has been fixed and it works in any version of unity.

Other fixes are a couple of options in the weapons to edit attachments and use the melee impact when a weapon is carried freely in just one hand without IK.

Finally, some missing textures and a new demo scene to show the possession system using the smartphone tool instead of powers, to control an object just by taking a picture of it. This demo also is configured with the view starting in first person.

Also, there are new builds, here the new demo build for PC of GKC 2.91:
    https://mega.nz/#!mqQlTQTL!t3Ov77PfB3NhM1Jg09tExSlIv1rj8iroD74L9tGKoBY

And here the demos for android:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RXVnN-6tI4B9fQpf0ar-6mMxhDhqp13s

Like always, any feedback is welcome.

Regards.

Last edited: May 27, 2019
    Neviah, YucelBrendel and hopeful like this.
  35. westryder907

westryder907

How about a "focus ability" that allows the player to have better aim/better accuracy when they level up? If this were done for each weapon that would definitely add to the RPG side of the asset.

EXAMPLE:
    I've always liked the idea of starting off with a pistol and the more I use the pistol the better my aim becomes and the faster I can reload using that weapon.

sr388 likes this.
  36. hopeful

hopeful

FWIW, in my game I intend to try to balance melee and ranged combat by making ranged combat wildly inaccurate compared to melee. That's to reflect the reality that most people have decent hand eye coordination and can reach out and touch something easier than they can fire a weapon and hit a target at distance. Hitting a target with a weapon requires training. (Targets would also gain or lose defensive points in relation to their size, distance, and speed.)

Why my approach might diverge from a typical RPG is that I don't want to require players to train with each type of weapon they might use. I want them to be equally adept with any ranged weapon they might pick up, simply to save time and aggravation for the player. So I would have an Aim power / ability / skill that can be ranked up, with each rank adding to the accuracy of the player with any ranged attack.

It's also possible that a weapon found by a player might have an auto-aiming AI, which would provide a rank of Aim only when using that particular weapon.

sr388 likes this.
  37. YucelBrendel

YucelBrendel

Hi all and hola santi :D como estas ?

Well first of all I downloaded the new update and I`m more than impressed. This is one of these kinda moments when you happy being a owner/user of this asset hehe.

Just want to praise your amazing work you doing with your asset. You will be a legend and you have created your masterpiece with this asset.

I will take your skills and work motivation as an example for me hehe ^^.

I want to study ever line of code and want to learn a lot from it and you.

Looking forward to have a nice come together and to learn form each other.
    Big respect hermano :D. I wish you and all here all the best and a lot of success.

greets

Last edited: May 24, 2019
    sr388 likes this.
  38. sr388

sr388

Hi, sorry for the late reply, I read your messages before but wasn't able to answer them (I like to answer properly to everyone).

Right now there is a spread setting on weapons, which allows to configure offset for projectiles, the higher value, the higher the spread. That can be configured in every weapon, so you can be have different accuracy according to the weapon.

An option for the player could be to use an extra spread/accuracy value and a setting on every weapon to use or not this general value plus the default spread of the weapon itself.

I think that could allow a better customization, so you can have weapons 100% accurate, other with spread in the weapon, other with the two spread values (or just the player spread). Also, the spread value in the player could be the one which can be improved using experience levels. And the same could be applied to weapons, since upgrades/skills will be usable in both elements, player and weapons (fire and melee), so it will allow many settings.

Tell me what you think of this way.

Hola amigo, bien y tu que tal @YucelBrendel?

Thanks a lot for your nice words, really really happy to know that. I really liked the improvements made on this update and add new scenes, which will make easier to try more specific stuff, so during 3.0, when a new system is added, it will have its own scene to test it.

I am very excited for 3.0, so you much interesting stuff to try and will also improve player movements and actions (swim, climb, dodge, melee combat, etc...). Can't wait for all of this :D

Also, an honor for me to hear that. One of my objectives with this asset is to learn about videogames development, programming, logic, mechanics, level design, and also, imagination. So if any of this can help other people to learn as well or help in their projects, is another reason to keep working even harder. So very glad to hear that man, you made my day :)

Saludos.

YucelBrendel likes this.
  39. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have been making further testing on unity 2018 and 2019 with GKC and this is what I have seen:

Unity 2018 and 2019 has a change in the way the animator works, related to the override of layers at least, in GKC controller, the animations are played correctly but the root motion speed seems to not work properly. And it seems related to have separated layers, in concrete, for the strafe mode for both aim or just look in the camera direction.

I have fixed this by modifying the animator to combine the strafe state into the base layer and now it works properly. Other workaround is to use the option to disable the root motion in the player, this allows the player to move properly on 2018 and 2019 with the previous animator. I will package the new animator in a new quick update for GKC.

Right now update 2.91 is being reviewed by the unity team and it should be released around monday. This new fixed version will be 2.92, having the new animator included.

Other thing I have seen is that in 2019, some UI buttons loose its reference in the event settings for press it, though the function to call in those buttons haven't been removed or changed, which is strange and there is no a real reason for this to happen, the configuration on buttons has nothing special.

In any case, I will keep making tests, but for now, the whole save system for player info and input works properly in any version, with .net 3.5 or 4.0 and the animator works properly too, in any version as well.

I thought it would be useful to inform you about these elements.

Will continue later with the dual wield weapon system.

Regards.

40. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

There is some progress for the dual weapon system. For now, the player is already able to draw, keep and hold separated weapons in each hand in third person, aim and fire every weapon separately.

Next is make him able to do the same in first person and after that, the weapon select wheels to configure which weapon goes in what hand (including the option to select this by drag and drop slots into the same weapon slot in the inventory). The weapon wheel selection option is similar to wolfesntein 2.

upload_2019-5-26_3-25-33.png

Regards.

neoshaman, hopeful, Neviah and 2 others like this.
  41. Razmot

Razmot

Hm, that may be crazy but what do you think about having two crosshairs ?
    Maybe their relative screen position vs screen center could be based on the hand bones positions vs torso.

sr388 likes this.
  42. sr388

sr388

In fact, I thought the same but besides splatoon, I can't remember if there is any other game that makes a similar thing with dual wield weapons. Any example you can think of? It would help to get a better idea of how the system would work.

Regards.

43. Testmobile

Testmobile

I think it's the kind of idea that sounds good but it's probably not, unless you had two mouse inputs to aim at different targets (or have one of the weapons set on auto aim) you would end up always missing a target every time you shoot.

sr388 likes this.
  44. blacksun666

blacksun666

2 crosshairs/sights would work well when you add the vr support.

Regularry and sr388 like this.
  45. sr388

sr388

I think the only difference with one crosshair is that two would be slightly separated in the center of the screen, so you know that every weapon projectile will impact in that other positions, instead of using the center as main position. Besides that, I think there wouldn't be more differences.

But yes, I understand what you mean.

Yes, think the same. In fact, the dual weapon system is being made taking into account to be used on multiple elements on GKC, like VR, melee combat system and more. Complete this dual wield weapon just will take a few more days.

This week, I will also start with the elements on the above poll, in concrete, with crafting/trade/vendor/experience/skills. And also, will start to organize the rest of content for the roadmap of 3.0 plus configure trello to put the content there as well (due to work on the fixes I mentioned on previous posts for 2.9, I haven't been able to start with this yet).

Regards.

Testmobile and Neviah like this.
  46. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have created a trello for GKC, for now, I have added only the elements found in the poll of the forum, but more will be added and more cards will be added as well, with littler tasks for every main category. The current elements are placed in the order of the poll results.

Feel free to suggest systems or features and here the trello link as well: https://trello.com/b/gvn2RLc3/gkc

I will keep organizing its content there and a subchannel for trello has been added on main category of the discord channel, so you can check there in any moment.

Btw, an user made me notice that the player makes a quick reduction of speed on first person when he enters in air mode (not from jump, but just falling from ground to air), so I have fixed that. Here you can see how it looks now, keeping the previous velocity and making a smooth change to air control and fall to ground speed:

first person air fix 1.gif

Regards.

neoshaman likes this.
  47. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Update 2.91 of GKC has been released on the store.

I strongly recommend to use this new version. I have tested it on unity 2017.1, 2018.3, 2018.4 and 2019.1 with both .NET 3.5 and 4.0 and everything works properly now.

And forget what I said about UI buttons loosing its reference, it doesn't happen with the new version 2.91. So yay, everything works :)

Lets keep working on 3.0.

Regards.

48. banzai777

banzai777

A couple questions I haven't been able to find the answers to in the documentation:

1. How do I disable the jetpack so it doesn't appear on the character?

2. How do I make it so the weapon models are not visible on the player's back? I'd like to make it so the only weapon visible is the one they are using.

And a small request, perhaps there could be an option to create a "bare bones" character so you don't have to go through the process of disabling & removing everything like the weapons and jetpack.

Thank you!

Willbkool_FPCS likes this.
  49. sr388

sr388

Hi @banzai777.

1. If you are using a lower version than 2.9 of GKC, you can disable the jetpack here:

upload_2019-5-27_20-42-56.png

And disable the gameObject configured in the field Jetpack for the mesh.

If you are using 2.9 or higher, you can also remove the jetpack system script and remove the jetpack mesh as well.

2. In every weapon, you can configure if it is visible on third person while is not carried. Here:

upload_2019-5-27_20-47-1.png

For any other weapon, select it from the list inside Player Weapons parent and press the first settings button to see that menu.

Tell me if this works or not.

About the bare bones, do you mean to create a character without weapon, jetpack, etc...?

In this case, yes, it is planned, in the character creator window, different options will be added to configure this kind of settings, like use weapons, jetpack, along with other main features, so you can configure them during the character creation.

If you mean other element, please tell me more about it.

Regards.

Testmobile, Brian-Ryer and Neviah like this.
  50. LiangYun1980

LiangYun1980

How do I disable reload? Just like Doom1 and Quake1.