Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Game Kit Controller: Engine with melee, weapons, vehicles, crafting & more! 3.75

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What features/systems do you prefer to arrive sooner for next updates on GKC?

1. AI behaviors options, able to drive vehicles and fire turret weapons

25.6%
  2. Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout)

30.0%
  3. Cover System and Climb system based on Breath of the wild and Assassins Creed

36.2%
  4. Online multiplayer (using mirror as first solution and include others later)

42.0%
  5. VR integration including 1st/3rd person and locked views

10.1%
  6. Full body awareness (FBA) to see player’s legs, body and arms in first person

18.5%
  7. More types of controls, similar to Diablo, MOBA & RTS and similar genres

10.6%
  8. More tools/creator wizards on the asset workflow (tell about them)

13.4%
  9. Integrations with other assets (tell about them)

16.2%
  10. More RPG/Scifi elements/mechanics (tell about them)

12.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Vampyr_Engel

Vampyr_Engel

Sorry I haven;t been around in a while with my sicknesses nut better unfortunately just tested qell tried to open this in Unity 5.6.5 F1 and Unity 2017.3.0f3 I think I have found a bug I get these messages
    Thats from 5.6.5 F1 and Unity 2017.3.9F3 and the 1st person demo slows right down to a crawl and stops I can't move at all Other demo scenes as well

By the way totally excited by the direction of this project Looked at the scripts and its exactly what I want with the eject player added , that is cool hope to be really testing and then putting a game together with this excellent package

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    sr388 likes this.
  2. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

Quick question about Emerald AI integration, since the GKC AI created by the character creator uses the same scripts as player i assume the GKC AI character can hurt Emerald AI characters, any chance u could include a simple script to allow GKC AI to identify and attack Emerald AI character's. I wanna use the GKC AI for companions and party memebers :) pretty please

sr388 likes this.
  3. sr388

sr388

Hi @Vampyr_Engel, hope you are better.

That error seems caused by the layer used in the map system to render the map part tiles. In this case, the layer is called "radar" which is not present in that project for some reason.

Have you imported the asset with the project settings? If not, make sure to use the tagLayerManager to add these settings to the project automatically. For this go to the inspector in GKC_prefab gameObject, open the tag menu and press the button Add Current Tag List, same with layer (it is explained better in the doc). Here in the quote:

If you use this, add also the tag "vehicle" if it doens't appear in the list, it seems that in version 2.4 this tag is not in the tag list (this is solved in 2.4a which is pending review).

There are some layers and tags that will be removed for 2.5, because they are not important or the system that use them will change to be better and not needing any of them.

Thanks men. I am really excited too, I wish I would have 5 clones to be able to work faster and try new system and features, it is really fun to work with.

Of course. The AI system to detect targets in GKC by using tags will change by the system of factions, avoiding the use of tags and the need to create a lot of them. This faction system will be included for version 2.5.

Like that, any number of groups can be created and configure the relation between them: friend, enemy, neutral, etc...Also, these relations will be able to change in real time, turn groups into enemies for example.

And of course this change will be added in the emerald integration.

Also, now that the update 2.4a is finished, I will make tests with emerald like I said to @neodotca (sorry, I wasn't able to do it the last weekend).

Regards.

4. sr388

sr388

Btw, version 2.4a is already available muahahaha (that was quick).

Regards.

uni7y and tgamorris76 like this.
  5. Timur2015

Timur2015

Hello. How do I add my weapon and play a specific animation? Do I need to specify bones for weapons?

6. Wetw0rx

Wetw0rx

Hey Everyone. In case you didn't notice, ProBuilder (and all its other support assets) is now being offered for free and is being integrated into all versions of Unity as a stock feature. It's a pretty awesome level design tool so check it out.

Thanks to tgamorris76 for helping to tackle the terrain on maps thing (it really helped me out). The map maker is great and I've been able to get some fantastic results quickly once I got the hang of it (documentation is your friend).

Also, thanks to neodotca for hammering out the EmeraldAI integration. I've been using Emerald to control some animals and its perfect. Some further testing is called for but its mostly working.

As usual, the chanelog for 2.4a is epic. Good job on the showcase vid too. Months of tinkering with GKC and I still am finding new features to play with.

2.5 is gonna blow everything else out of this dimension in terms of a complete game making solution. I can't wait to try the vehicle AI and add some racing to my little demo. Man, things are moving fast around here. Thanks sr388!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    neodotca, tgamorris76 and sr388 like this.
  7. sr388

sr388

Hi @Timur2015.

To add weapons, for now, you can copy and paste one of the current weapons, change the mesh inside of it, in the meshParts gameObject, (inside gunModel gameObject).
    upload_2018-2-16_19-21-36.png
    Then go to Player Weapons Manager inspector and press the button Get Weapon List to add that new weapon.

upload_2018-2-16_19-21-18.png
    For the animation, the only configuration for now, it is the shoot animation (like move back and forward the slide of a gun), go to gunModel gameObject, Player Weapon System and in the option Weapon Components, configure the name of the animation.

upload_2018-2-16_19-24-28.png
    The animation component is in the gunModel gameObject.

This is just a quick explanation, I will make a much further tutorial in the current doc this weekend and post it in this forum. Sorry for this inconvenience, the doc is in progress and my main focus now.

Yeah, I am very excited for it, it is the tool that I will use to make new and better looking levels for the demos (I used it to make the aircraft model, very useful to make new vehicles).

Men, I forgot to add the terrain setting for the map in the doc for 2.4a.... I will add it right now xd.

Thanks for telling me about the map, good to know that is useful and quick, is one of my objectives. I have planned some workflow improvements for the map and the rest of the systems, to make them work much easier and faster that now (make the documentation helps a lot to notice elements that can be improved go get a better workflow).

I will make tests with emerald this weekend and make the proper additions or modifications to improve the integration.

Now that 2.4a is finished, I can spend time in 2.5, I have already planned how to make a lot of little and medium systems for it, like experience, skills, checkpoints, improvements for AI, 2.5d mode, isometric view, point and click adventure style, improved save, etc... so these will be quick to add (of course I keep on focus doc and finish the showcase videos).

I don't discard the possibility of make a middle update for 2.5 according to the amount of new features, improved systems and the time spent.

Also, thank you very much for this feedback @Wetw0rx, helps a lot and it is pure fuel to work. I really like the way all the pieces are fitting together and I can't wait to try all these new systems.

Regards.

Wetw0rx, neodotca and tgamorris76 like this.
  8. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Just a quick progress update for 2.5.

I have been working on the inventory system, improving the places where the inventory objects are used.

Now, a list of elements can be configured to be used in an element of the level to unlock it (before only an inventory object could be configured). In that list, every element has an amount of objects needed. Also, when an object is unlocked, any number of functions in any number of objects can be configured. Finally, that list allows to instantiate objects in the scene, activate them and play an animation.

For example, I have added a fuse box which needs 4 fuses and a blue wire to work. The player can place these elements in any order. This fuse box is also locked with a padlock, so you need to use a key to open it and then open the fuse box, to start to place objects.

In this case, once all the objects are used, the code panel at its right gets the power to be activated.

In the gif, I place a couple of fuses first, the wire and finally, the other two fuses (damn file size limits xd).

fuse box 3.gif

The inventory system is very flexible, for example, you can remove the padlock and the fuse box could be opened, or left the box opened from the begining. Like that, it is very easy to chain different puzzles to work together.

Also, the inventory menu has a new option to configure the amount of objects used or dropped (before the amount used was one by one).

There is an option too to drop objects combining the total amount dropped in one object or drop multiple objects with 1 unit, for example, drop 8 keys with an use, or 1 key with 8 uses.

Tomorrow, I will work on the doc and make the emerald tests.

Regards.

9. Vampyr_Engel

Vampyr_Engel

Thanks sr388, looking forward to playing with the separate faction facility you are putting in this and I will follow your instructions to correct that error

sr388 likes this.
  10. neodotca

neodotca

Really nice that puzzle with fuses, if anybody have ideas for simple and original puzzles, write it here please!

sr388 likes this.
  11. sr388

sr388

Noice.

Yeah, I will check some walkthroughs of good game puzzles, like resident evil, silent hill to get more ideas. And of course, if anyone knows a game with puzzles or want to suggest a concrete puzzle, DEW IT.

Btw, I forgot to say that the inventory creator system has been improved too. It is more automatic now, you only have to create a mesh for the inventory object, make the capture, add a description and name, and the prefab is made automatically, ready to be used. The tool to make the inventory objects capture has a better editor window now too.

Here a couple of gifs:

inventory 10.gif

inventory 11.gif

And here a video to show it better:

Regards.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
    Razmot and Wetw0rx like this.
  12. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

check dino crisis game puzzles, those are one of my favorite.

neodotca and sr388 like this.
  13. Wetw0rx

Wetw0rx

Cool. I'm really looking forward to the expanded inventory system. Can there be a container/inventory element for vehicles too? It would be nice to be able to put things in the trunk of the car or cargo on the aircraft. It could also have a lock option of some type.

Watching the fuse puzzle preview, I wonder how easily I could extend that to maybe add parts to a vehicle for repair/ upgrade. Getting a vehicle running could be a puzzle in itself.

I've been toying with the idea of a separate garage/hangar scene where player vehicles can be viewed and customized. Then the vehicle can be instantiated into the main scene via a vending machine type device with the ability to cycle through available prefabs before spawning it. We would also need the function of storing the vehicle back into the garage. This could keep memory usage under control for games where having multiple vehicles is possible.
    Basically, a vehicle vending machine with more options I guess.

I really like the puzzles in games like Abe's Odyssey and Flashback. Although they're old school side scrollers, they had really clever puzzles. The idea of being sneaky and using distractions to overcome better equipped enemies is often overlooked for more run and gun gameplay these days. Games like Splinter Cell and the legendary Metal Gear Solid did this well. Distracting AIs or luring them somewhere and locking them in etc. The environment could be used as a puzzle-like weapon by an unarmed or outnumbered player. Some of the physics based features in GKC already lend themselves to this sort of thing. Sensors or cameras that detect the player and set off alarms that alert AIs can be a fun addition to almost any level.

I was thinking about making a fire extinguisher since I'm using fire to temporarily block an area in a level I'm working on and thought it would make a great puzzle piece...

Timed puzzles like the Tomb Raider flip a switch and run before the door closes or disarm a bomb before boom are a classic.

BTW, on an unrelated note. I was dabbling in Timeline the other day (amazing plug-in, guys). It turns out the Unity wind parameter is definitely able to be hooked into ;). Making an aircraft that is affected by the weather may be more straight forward than I previously thought.

Sorry for the long post, bro. I got tonnes of ideas for this update. I'll post them once they solidify in my head lol

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    neodotca and sr388 like this.
  14. Razmot

Razmot

sr388 likes this.
  15. f1ac

f1ac

Some issues on Unity 2018b7 after buying and setting it up in an existing project:
    - Had to comment out all the calls to Emit() and .emit property in legacy particle system in vehicle classes, it seems Unity has begun to remove these, needs changing to new particle system.
    - Input didn't work until I restarted Unity. All kinds of exceptions popped up, no response to keyboard/mouse, gamepad controls were inverted and button assignments messed up.
    - Unity crashes when character runs into a default unity cube half buried into floor.
    - Huge physics spikes after I disabled some powers/features, not sure why.
    - A warning and a null reference exception in featureManager after pressing get/set configuration buttons, needs proper null checking. The cause seems to be that mapSystem was not assigned when creating the character for some reason.
    - Provided materials surely do not work with scriptable render pipelines, I guess it will be a common issue in the nearest future.
    - Upper body IK should return to neutral position if look at target is not reachable, this should reduce unnatural body twists and quick turns from one extreme position to another. Another issue is character hands remaining straight, especially when looking down.

16. sr388

sr388

Don't know why I didn't think about dino crisis, added to the list of games to check, thanks ;)

Absolutely, something like a vault inventory (is there a more appropiate name for it?) will be added (similar to how resident evil does with inventory chests), having these vaults in certains places of the level. Once that system is done, it could be added to any element, like you said, in vehicles for example.

About the puzzle, of course, it is not a system dedicated to this concrete puzzle, is a general system, you can create any type of unlockable elements with it.

Both elements, the padlock and the fuse box use the same system (useInventoryObject component which was already present in the asset) with a modification to configure the inventory objects necessary, the amount, and options to instantiate of activate objects (the fuses and the wire gameObjects in the box are already placed, and in this case, the system activate them).

Then, once all the elements are used, a serie of functions are called, according to the unity event configured in the inspector. In the case of the fuse box, it enables the trigger of the code panel, its canvas keyboard and an audio source element to play a "enable sound".

upload_2018-2-19_18-33-6.png

For example, the padlock of the video use these functions:

upload_2018-2-19_18-35-4.png
    Which enables the trigger of the fuse box door, disable the kinematic state of the padlock, to make it fall to the ground and disable its trigger, so the interaction system of the player ignores it and find the next action to do, which is open the fuse box door.

Finally, the fuse box door uses the component electronicDevice (different component to make interaction elements), to call a serie of functions to open the door:

upload_2018-2-19_18-38-52.png

In this case, the open door animation, disable the trigger used for the interaction with the door and enable the trigger used in the fuse box for the inventory management.

Now that I noticed, I have explained this backwards, I feel like in the film memento xd, tell me if this is not clear.

What I want to say is that the system is very flexible and quick to configure, to make a lot of different combinations. Even I was surprised of this.

Yeah, I have in mind a system similar to the one used in borderlands to get a vehicle, where you have a vending machine and select what you want. Of course, that system will be extended, to have options to add weapons, change vehicle stats, option to pay upgrades with player money (the experience system will manage that money), etc...

Exactly, the security camera system will be improved with this exact element, allowing to configure an automatic look and setting off the alarms for the AI. Also, using sound as an element for the AI is cool too, I want to add it for fired projectiles and their impacts, but for example it could be extended for a dropped object close to and AI, with a sound radius, making this AI to leave its current place or patrol. Nice, added to the todo list ;)

I was thinking about the flamethrower as a weapon to add, so another weapon to extinguish the fire would be a nice option. After that, objectst that turn off the flames could be extended from that weapon, for example launch a fire extinguisher to the fire to turn it off with the explosion of the extinguisher. Or for example, turn of the fire in a spatial station by expeling the air of the room. And like you maybe know, I like dead space, and this could bring the air management system. There we go, all of this added to the todo list.

Time based puzzles, yes, cool too, added.

Oh yeah, good to know. I can't wait to work on that.

Oh boy, look to my other posts, they are holy bibles long, so don't worry for this haha. Cool, I will wait for them. I will organize my roadmap and todo list file too.

Thanks for all these suggestions, they are pure gold. Of course, the objective is to make these systems as general, extendible and customizable as possible, allowing a lot of flexibility and not focused in certain elements (something that is being made since almost the beginning of this asset).

Thanks @Razmot.

Haha, usually, I don't like to much that kind of minipuzzles in games, for example in revelations and the keys chest in skyrim. But yeah, it would be cool to add something similar.

Regards.

Wetw0rx likes this.
  17. sr388

sr388

Hi @f1ac.

Thanks for the feedback about unity 2018. I haven't installed it yet, but I want to make test with it soon.

Yeah, some particles system are from legacy, most of warnings in current version are from this. Most elements use already the current particle system. This will be changed soon, for the update 2.5. For that version, the asset will be uploaed for both, unity 2017 and 2018, to have full support.

Some of these issues are weird, the others will be fixed by adding some checkings.

Can you tell me more about this? Do you mean in horizontal or vertical rotation of the player's upper body?

And about the hand, do you mean that the hand aims forwards and doesn't follow player's upper body direction?

Regards.

18. hopeful

hopeful

Other words for "vault" might be "bank" or simply "storage." I suppose technically a bank might be more associated with the idea of storing currency, but you can also keep other valuables in a bank. Storage, though, sounds better for keeping something in a vehicle, or area in a dwelling or other building.

As for the flamethrower / fire extinguisher idea ... very nice! It could basically be the same thing, just one is +fire DoT units and the other is -fire DoT units, or something like that.

sr388 likes this.
  19. f1ac

f1ac

gkc1.PNG
    @sr388 , hands when turning down. Additionally character randomly rotates around Y axis because X and Z angles are near zero.

gkc2.PNG
    When trying to look behind, character alternates between twisting left and right at slightest camera movements. To the left is that half-buried cube which causes access violation in Unity.

An option to return to neutral position if character reached maximal rotation and still can't see the target would allow to get rid or these quick left/right turns in both cases. Not sure about the cube - it's a simple cube straight from Assets -> create -> cube.

20. Wetw0rx

Wetw0rx

Crystal clear ,sir. That system is a game changer lol. (Corny joke but I couldn't resist)

Memento is a great movie btw...

Yesss! Sharks with freaking lasers here I come!

sr388 likes this.
  21. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

found a bug, the aircraft default prefab has a double machine gun(fixed forward) and a turret mg. The right hand Fixed MG has its projectile point set to the turreted MG. the right hand MG already has its so its a straight swap in weapons inspector :) thought i'd let u know

sr388 likes this.
  22. sr388

sr388

Cool, thanks for telling me. Yeah, the "hard" part will be manage correctly the fire particles, but the rest should be easy to make.

Does this happens with head track, right? In that case, is due to the body weight, lower values are better to avoid weird looking situtations.

upload_2018-2-19_23-42-48.png

The camera movement is not connected to the head track, only depends on the player's forward direction.

These issues are very weird, does this happens when the player aims weapons or powers? It could be due to a bad bones configuration of that model skeleton.

In other case, do you have the last version 2.4a from the asset? I would advice to use a lower version of unity, (at least 2017.1.0f3) while I check asset in unity 2018.

Not bad pun ;). Yeah, love memento and would love to play some game with a similar story telling that good.

About the sharks.....F*** yeah.

Yeah, I have just checked, fixed it. Thanks.

Btw, I am working in the documentation, adding new parts and specially, related to weapons. It will be ready this week (the whole inventory system will be added as well).

Regards.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    Wetw0rx and Brandon_Powell like this.
  23. Razmot

Razmot

@sr388 free taichi anim package is now deprecated
    => maybe you can ask the authors if you can include the animations you use in GKC ?
    they specify this support email on their asset pages : support at gameassetstudio.com

neodotca and hopeful like this.
  24. hopeful

hopeful

Strange, I wonder why all their character assets are gone. Did they have Unity scripts they failed to update to C#?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  25. sr388

sr388

Yes, another use told me about this, don't know the reason why they remove their assets. Thanks for telling me.

I am going to ask to the asset team if these animations package can be uploaded in a file and add the link in the documentation. If I am not wrong, other assets do something similar, of course, telling where these animations belong. If they confirm this, I will talk to the owners of the animations as well.

Regards.

26. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Quick update. I have been adding new content to the documentation, in this case, related to player weapons. It will have further content explaining the rest of elements of these weapons, like configure the projectiles, add new abilities or behaviours to them, etc... but the most important elements for weapons have been already added.

Also, the configuration to use the terrain in the map system is explained too.

Here the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7p6dmi09m...mentation (2.4a) Second version file.pdf?dl=0

For this new content, I have added a new weapon to make the tutorial step by step. Also, using the ability component of the projectile system, the bullets fired transforms into laser devices which are deployed where they impact and can damage anything, characters, vehicles, ...., the laser devices has different options to configure what elements can be damaged or not.

Also, these projectiles can be attached to any object, like boxes, vehicles, anything with rigidbody, and even humanoid limbs and body parts, so funny situtations can happen (the last option can be disabled).

Tomorrow, I will post a couple of gifs of this new weapon and its abilities (it is 4:00 am here now, I need some sleep xd).

This component can be extended to make proximity mines, grenades that attach to objects as well and maybe more types of ammo projectiles. I want to think more type of crazy weapons, so if you have anything in mind, please, tell here.

Btw, a new poll has been added to the forum, so vote the features that you would like after version 2.5.

Regards.

Razmot and Wetw0rx like this.
  27. Wetw0rx

Wetw0rx

Voted.

New weapon? Fantastic. Can't wait to play with the options. I would like to make a multi tool of sorts with the ability to repair vehicles or even a tool that can grab stuff like the gravity power.

Also, I've been wondering if there could be a "realistic" option for ammo. In most games when the player reloads, ammo is automatically added and if the player reloads with ammo still in the mag, it's all added together for you. With a realistic mode ammo would be loaded into mags like in real life. When the player reloads, you keep the empty mag and load an available full mag. If the player reloads with rounds left in the mag then the mag is kept with the rounds. This way the player has a limited amount of reloads depending on how many full mags in inventory before the mags need to be reloaded. Mags can be reloaded in the inventory window like crafting or combining items. This would make mags another hot item to acquire and manage.

I think Resident Evil has done this. Also one of the Metal Gear games did this and it led to some very interesting gameplay. (giving mags to others, finding mags with only a few rounds left, etc.)

sr388 likes this.
  28. Razmot

Razmot

I voted other : I would like you to work on the basis of a player state/ability system, for us coders to implement our own crouch/prone/climb/swim states/abilities in a good way.

If you look at your competition:
    - Opsive Tps has an ability system with lots of default abilities
    - invector tps and ooti have additional motion packs that they actually sell separately in the store
    you could do that too later (official supported packs) but at first just designing the framework for plugging in new character abilities would be very useful !

Wetw0rx and sr388 like this.
  29. sr388

sr388

Mmmmm a weapon that can repair elements and vehicles or heal characters.... sounds cool, it reminds me to red faction guerrilla (love that destruction mechanics), added to the todo list. I NEED HEALING.

Something similar to that is planned, an inventory object to resurect AI friend.

About weapons, a new option will be added to configure how all the weapons that the player uses are placed in his body.

With this, lets say that the player has a pistol in the right upper leg. If the player picks another weapon which is placed in that position too, the previous pistol is dropped and the new one picked. So like that, you can configure a limit of weapons and a way to change between them easily (and avoid a player with hundred of weapons models in his body).

It sounds really interesting, I didn't think about a realistic option for magazines. Also, along with weapons, ammo will have an option to be stored in the inventory. Added to the todo list.

A new action for weapons will be added, to configure a reload action in both, first and third person, to make a procedural reload animation. It will work like the current system to move the weapon between keep-draw-walk-aim-recoil positions.

Yeah, I have seen a little of opsive, and I want to check it better to see how it manages the controller and its abilites and get new ideas (and eventually, they will be added, it is a fact).

Invector has a very good new actions designer and it is something that it is kind of present in the asset (for example to manage interaction systems like vehicles, ziplines, use of devices, ....), but I want to improve that to make it better and easier to add new actions even based in concrete animations.

Thanks again @Wetw0rx and @Razmot for the suggestions, really cool :)

And about what I said yesterday, here the video about the weapon ability system to make new behaviours for projectiles (I wasn't able to make gifs little enough for the forum size limit.....damn file size limit xd).

I forgot to record the last clip for the laser mines, shooting them directly to an enemy. Here the gif:

ultimo.gif
    And here with the option to attach to body disabled, they are dangerous as well.

laser final.gif

Btw, I have already sent a message to asset store team asking if the combat animations can be uploaded as a package and add the link in the doc, so they can be easily added. I will tell about the answer.

Regards.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    neodotca, Razmot and Wetw0rx like this.
  30. Razmot

Razmot

Please put all the classes in a namespace ! Especially when the class is named "Utils" ;)

hopeful and sr388 like this.
  31. Vampyr_Engel

Vampyr_Engel

Yes I tried what you said to do in it and I am getting this error
    [QUOTE
    ''T.Flight Hotas X Character
    UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
    inputManager:setGamePadList() (at Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/Input/inputManager.cs:1016)
    inputManager:Start() (at Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/Input/inputManager.cs:97)''
    ][/QUOTE]

And this one
    Sorry about that hopefully you can fix it

Regards

Vampyr Engel

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    sr388 likes this.
  32. Wetw0rx

Wetw0rx

That new weapon is pretty creative. This kinda reminds me of Gears of War. A lot of unique weapons in that game.

Proximity, timed and remote detonated explosives is a must but how about air strikes? For example a pointer type weapon that the player uses to mark a place on the terrain for aerial/ orbital bombardment. Maybe even a way to mark this from the map menu?

sr388 likes this.
  33. sr388

sr388

Of course, namespaces will be added to ;)

And this one
    Sorry about that hopefully you can fix it

Regards

Vampyr Engel[/QUOTE]

To configure weapons, check the lastest version of the asset document in the main post of the forum. A more complete explanations has been added. Tell me if you get to add a new weapon or not.

The error that you said seems related to the Input Manager component which shouldn't happen. Have you connected a gamepad trying the asset?

I will check that error related to the input, just to make sure.

Mmmmmm YES. That actually sounds cool. An option to mark the level zone throught the map menu should be the best idea.

For example by picking a concrete device to activate this kind of weapon.

Regards.

Wetw0rx likes this.
  34. Vampyr_Engel

Vampyr_Engel

To configure weapons, check the lastest version of the asset document in the main post of the forum. A more complete explanations has been added. Tell me if you get to add a new weapon or not.

The error that you said seems related to the Input Manager component which shouldn't happen. Have you connected a gamepad trying the asset?

Mmmmmm YES. That actually sounds cool. An option to mark the level zone throught the map menu should be the best idea.

For example by picking a concrete device to activate this kind of weapon.

Regards.[/QUOTE]

Yes I have my Thrustmaster TFlight joystick HOTAS attached to my PC

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  35. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

i usually lose control if i have a gamepad plugged in, till i figured how to configure it at least. :) so now i never plug it in when im using GKC until i'm done editing etc, then its configure gamepad and test.

36. 3DWizerd

3DWizerd

Hey, wanted to throw this out there and see if you can duplicate. Using a controller, then disconnecting it and running a scene its still active, I have to restart Unity with controller disconnected. Bug or something on my side, it didnt used to do this until last update. Thanks in advance

37. neodotca

neodotca

About the "features poll", i like all features proposals, but i voted for others, i take every opportunity to ask about the missing movements, climb wall/ladder, swimming and animations for recharging weapons, hope to see those in 2.5 or 2.6.

Razmot likes this.
  38. sr388

sr388

Yes, I don't know why, but this happened to me using a xbox one controller. I thought it was an unity bug but maybe isn't.

I will make tests with the gamepad to check it is an unity problem or from the asset.

Yeah, those are still coming. The animations for recharge weapons will be included for 2.5 100% sure. The swimming is very probably too, since I have a good friend helping me with the animations.

After that, climb ledge and climb surfaces will come soon too along with other systems which use animations ;)

Regards.

neodotca likes this.
  39. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Quick update.

The projectile system has been improved, allowing to configure grenades, with option to attach to objects (vehicles, body parts, etc...), use a delay for explosion and add map icon and on screen icon. It is not part of the ability system, is integrated in the projectile system itself.

Also, the player weapons has a new option to use the parable system to set direction and velocity of projectiles showing the trayectory according to raycast distance (like in vehicles).

And to get a better effect, I have made a script to play a sound at a rate speed and increasing velocity of play and pitch.

Here a video (careful with sound volume):

Tomorrow, more documentation will be made.

Regards.

Wetw0rx likes this.
  40. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Quick update again.

Do you remember the collision on weapons in third person when the player is too close to a surface? It was disabled until now, due to it didn't work as I wanted. That system moved the weapon accoding to ray distance, but it had some flaws and the code was a quite tricky.

Anyway, now, it has been improved (and the code is a lot simpler, using the same type of functions to move the weapon between places), with a new point to configure the position where the weapon is placed when the player is too close to a surface. Also, if this happens, the weapon can't be fired and the cursor icon changes to show that. Finally, it doesn't matter the position of the weapons, this is moved from point to point smoothly (position to keep weapon, draw, walk, aim, recoil, collision,.....).

Here some gifs:

6.gif

4.gif

3.gif

1.gif

And here the video:

Regards.

41. Vampyr_Engel

Vampyr_Engel

Yes I had a feeling it might more of a Unity problem though I think the Unity developers should really sort the joystick controls out and make them better

42. sr388

sr388

Yeah, I haven't been able to test the gamepad yet, but it gave me that same feeling, like you remove the controller , but the editor thinks stills connected. Maybe they added a function to clean the gamepad list. I will tell the result of the test asap.

Regards.

43. Vampyr_Engel

Vampyr_Engel

I tested it again after updating it and it works though I now have to test the joystick with it Very Strange that That might be like a bug in Unity I think

44. BryanO

BryanO

How do we get Emerald AI creatures to attack vehicles only when they have a player in them?

45. sr388

sr388

Yeah, as soon as I make the test, I will tell the results. I will also search info about this, to check if it is an unity problem or find the cause and the solution.

That would need a piece of code in the function of emerald which checks if the element that is checking is a target or not. I need to make that addition (which is easy).

I need to make a much more deep tests between emerald and GKC, to check everything works and add the last elements to make a full integration, so every character can attack any other element from both assets, no matter if it is a vehicle, character, player, enemy, friend, etc....

Also, with these tests, the faction system for GKC will be added, allowing to configure group of characters and their relationships, with friends, enemies, neutrals, and options to change these relations in real time (removing the previous system using tags).

This faction system (along with the full integration with emerald) will be started (and hopefully, finished) this week, I won't delay this work on the AI anymore.

I have also worked in make some general improvements to some of the current systems and removing tags and layers unnecessary.

Now, I am adding the system to configure every place where the player carry weapons (I have talked about this system before). This system is like pockets for weapons, so you can configure bones in the player and what weapons can be carried in every pocket.

With this, lets say that the player has a pistol in the right upper leg. If the player picks another weapon which is placed in that position too, the previous pistol is dropped and the new one picked. So like that, you can configure a limit of weapons and a way to change between them easily (and avoid a player with hundred of weapons models in his body).

This will be finished in a couple of hours.

Finally, today I want to add the inventory system to the documentation.

A new update will come in less than two weeks for the new improvements and the additions that have been done since last update (which are very considerable: workflow more automated, simplified steps to make prefabs for weapons and inventory, improved inventory system, unity events added to configure functions to be called, gravity triggers with option to circumnavigate objects, code improvements, new ability system for projectiles, new weapons, etc....).

Regards.

BryanO, neodotca and hopeful like this.
  46. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

The system to configure pockets for the weapons is finished and it works pretty well. Just need to configure the places in the player bodyfor the weapons (like back and legs) and create the amount of pockets for every place.

For example, a revolver has been added to the right upper leg of the player, so he has two weapons placed in his leg, but only one of them is active at the same time.

upload_2018-2-27_3-21-27.png
    Also, every both weapons has the same key number to be used, for example, 1, so this number only will select only the weapon active in that moment, the pistol or the revolver.

Finally, in the weapon list, just enable or disable with the weapons that the player will use, in this case, the revolver is disabled, so the player has the pistol ready to use.

In this gif you can see an example of it:

armas3.gif

In these three, the player has 3 rifles in his back, the regular one, the laser miner and the grenade launcher, so when he picks one of them, the other are dropped.

arma 11.gif

arma12.gif

arma13.gif

Here the video:

So it works really well and it was quick to add. With this, it will be possible to make a tons of weapons and drop them in the scene to pick any of them (since the maximum of weapons usable at the same time would be 10, though in third person the player could look weird with so much weapons).

So infinite weapons can be created now and alongside the ability system, very cool/strange/bizarre weapons can be made (and they will be made).

Regards.

Wetw0rx and neodotca like this.
  47. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

Hi sr388, just wondered about the cursor controller(for releasing the cursor during dialogue). Have you added a dedicated script during the updates?

Having some problems using it when in a vehicle, after i enable cursor again i can't use my interact key which means i cant get out of the vehicle? please help

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  48. sr388

sr388

Hi @tgamorris76.

There is not a dedicated script to release the cursor. There is a function for it in the Menu Pause component, called showOrHideCursor (bool value) used for it. I could add a static function to be called in any moment to show or hide the cursor.

Do you mean to use the dialog on vehicles? Once I start to work in the dialog system, it will allow to be used in any moment, walking or driving.

I will check if there is any problem to show the cursor and get off from vehicles ;)

Regards.

49. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Just a super quick update.

A new version of the documentation is ready, this time covering the inventory system, but in this case, for the upcoming update 2.4b which, like I said, has a lot of elements much more automatized for weapons and inventory (but anyway, you can take a look at it, some parts fo the document are always improved in newer versions).

Here the file: Documentation 2.4b

This update will be ready is less than two weeks and will bring a lot of improvements and new options (the changelog will be posted soon).

I will start to work on improvements for the locked camera system, to bring the 2.5d camera mode, top down, isometric and the point and click system.

Also, these camera modes will be applied to vehicles as well, so according to the view, the vehicles will use the same perspective.

Finally, I will make the new factions system for AI and make the full integration of it with emerald.

Regards.

50. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Another update, this time a little bigger.

Today, I have been improving a lot of elements, some of these are weapons and projectiles.

And there are a couple of them that I really like how they work, which are the option for projectiles to break through objets any number of times and activate the ragdolls from character on explosions.

The first one allows to configure the number of times that a projectile crosses through surfaces, until it stops (this number of times can also be infinite, until the timer to disable the projectiles reaches 0).

So for example, you can kill two enemies from one shoot in the head or damage two with only a bullet.

Here a few gifs:

1.gif

2.gif

3.gif

4.gif

5.gif

But besides these two options, there is a lot more. Here the current changelog for update 2.4b so far:

And there are some elements to be added for the update yet. So, before 2.5, I want to focus on improve the current systems as much as possible, adding more options, polishing here and there, adding more custom inspectors and improve and simplify the workflow, to make everything much faster and easier to use.

Update 2.4b will be finished very soon.

Regards.

Wetw0rx and tgamorris76 like this.