Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

◉ Custom Gravitations Kit ◉ Take Gravity under control ◉

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Patico, May 19, 2014.

?

What next feature would you like to get first, guys?

1. Supporting of custom gravitations in 2D games

2. Supporting of Third Person Character Controller from Unity's Standart Assets

3. Implementation of FPS ( First Person Controller )

4. Custom gravity for vehicle systems / car physics ( compatibility with such plugins like Realistic Ca

5. Supporting Nav Meshes

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Patico

Patico

Custom Gravitations Kit
    The easiest way to make gravitation anomalies
    walking on planets
    running on walls

and so on...
    Get it on Asset Store

Asset Store: http://u3d.as/7FJ
    Demo game: http://patico.pro/PlanetGravity/Demo
    Video tutorial: www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh6NmqOUVLc
    Demo gameplay: www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuHIm6Oni48

$872c24ef-6072-49a5-99df-0eeda5372a34_scaled.jpg

Features:
    - 3 types of gravitational fields (Centric, Directional and Gravity to Normal vectors)
    - Ready-to-use Character controller
    - Ready-to-use Camera controller
    - Click-and-Create menu - perfect tool for building up scenes, making placement of objects on planets surfaces more convinient and easier
    - System of object interaction, helping to make an interactive object
    - Works well in Unity and Unity Pro.

This perfect kit of different gravity fields can be used in any game where you need to setup your own local gravitations.
    Use Centric Gravitation field for creating planets, Directional Gravitation for making local anomalies of gravity, or Gravity To Normal for implementing something special.

This toolkit also includes special Character controller, which allow players to walk on the planets, even when they reach the south pole.
    Besides character controller it has a special customisable Camera Controller with 3rd person view and Side view (pseudo 2D) presets.

$060cccad-a912-42a7-935c-56ba6bc5a183_scaled.jpg

Everybody knows that correctness of placing objects on such spherical surfaces as a planets is not convinient, and in sometimes very difficult and hard. So I added Click-and-Create tool to this toolkit. Now all you need is select prefab and click the place where it should be. If you want to place a lot of the same objects just check on "Auto repeat" checkbox in the parameters section.
    For example if you want to create a rock ridge use such parameters:
    - Random rotate: All Axes
    - Random scale: from 1 to 3
    - Auto repeat: On
    ... and make some clicks in different places of surface.

$fa9da6a3-4bc4-40c1-9818-0705638680b9_scaled.jpg

$f7c8ff7a-9b8d-48a6-ac3b-732851d43592_scaled.jpg

Video tutorial [Beta]

This is first video, and it does not cover all existing functions, but anyway it's good point to start.

RELEASE NOTES

What's new in version 1.8

- Added support of Unity 5

What's new in version 1.7
    - Added support of really big and massive planets, as well as created with amazing Planetary Terrian asset.

What's new in version 1.06

Gravitational fields:
    - Added pulsation of gravity, now force of attraction could change periodically.
    - Added filtration by tag - gravitational field impact can be filtered by gameobjects' tags
    - Added fluctuation forces - they are small forces which can add small random rotation for objects in gravatation field.

Camera Controller:
    - Added offset for target of camera

Other improvments:
    - Added SimpleInputController
    - Optimized GravityCharacterController
    - Minor improvments in editors
    - Fixed minor bugs
    - Reduced size of example scene

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
    Cliftonm likes this.
  2. Patico

Patico

[NEW FEATURE DONE]

Updated to version 1.01

- Added filtration of prefabs in Click-and-Create window.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  3. kenshin

kenshin

Nice idea... bookmarked!

Patico likes this.
  4. Patico

Patico

Hi there,
    I've just recorded short gameplay of demo game and would like share it with you
    :p

P.S.: I going to add some annotations later, to describe couple of moments and possibilities.
    If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

UPD: Annotations added, check it on, it's really making things clear : )

Last edited: May 23, 2014
  5. Play_Edu

Play_Edu

great work

Patico likes this.
  6. crafTDev

crafTDev

Nice, will get!

Patico likes this.
  7. Patico

Patico

Thank you, guys!

8. ZJP

ZJP

Bookmarked. :D

Patico likes this.
  9. kilik128

kilik128

look very fun !

Patico likes this.
  10. Patico

Patico

Thanks, if you have any ideas about new features, don't hesitate to share))

11. parnell

parnell

Would this work with the physics platform character controller on the asset store?

12. Patico

Patico

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. But, in any case, this asset works well with Unity's phisycs, and also has additional character controller, which could be used for moving character in abnormal gravitational fields (for example, when your player should walk around planet).

13. Patico

Patico

Woo-hoo!!! I've just finished work on some new cool stuff! Tomorrow will publish update at Asset Store!

14. Patico

Patico

[NEW FEATURES DONE]

Updated to version 1.06

Good day, everybody!
    Today new version 1.06 of Custom Ggravitation Kit became available on the AssetStore.
    Here is a list of new features and improvements.

Gravitational fields:
    - Added pulsation of gravity, now force of attraction could change periodically.
    - Added filtration by tag - gravitational field impact can be filtered by gameobjects' tags
    - Added fluctuation forces - they are small forces which can add small random rotation for objects in gravatation field.

Camera Controller:
    - Added offset for target of camera

Other improvments:
    - Added SimpleInputController
    - Optimized GravityCharacterController
    - Minor improvments in editors
    - Fixed minor bugs
    - Reduced size of example scene

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  15. Ullukai

Ullukai

so does this work with cars / vehicles or does it have to be slow and only walkers ?

16. Patico

Patico

Hi,
    it does not matter in what way you will use this toolkit - it will work with a car, human or something else. But if your car run fast, you should increase gravity force.

17. Patico

Patico

Video tutorial is coming...

18. Ullukai

Ullukai

Can you switch gravity from character to ground on the fly ? Like say a mario cart going down the road and then suddenly driving on a wall sideways on and off of the wall back to the ground ?

19. Remcok

Remcok

Hello, i want to know if i can move this "field" for example i have a spaceship and i want to walk inside the spaceship by its local gravity, and then i want to fly around , so what i mean if i can attach this filed to an object and fly around with it ?

20. Patico

Patico

Yes, of course, all you need is add gravitational field to your spaceship, and this field will move around with it.

21. Patico

Patico

Hi, everybody!
    As promised, video tutorial is coming. Here is first video. It's not final version yet, but anyway I'd like to share it with you.

22. RTSlang

RTSlang

Is this compatible with UFPS?

23. Patico

Patico

Not yet, but I'm working on it.
    Currently I'm working on adding supporting of uFPS and Unity's Character Controller from Simple Assets. There are some issues (probably it will require to make couple fixes in uFPS scripts), but I hope, I could add this functionality in next releases.

Wavinator likes this.
  24. user420

user420

Any news about the progress of the simple first person controller from unity with the custom gravitations kit?

25. Spartan_Boy

Spartan_Boy

Man that is awesome, i saw you asked about new features, i know that is a tricky one but what about jumping from one attractor planet to the next without solid bridges or game objects? what about jumping into empty space with or without throttles and being randomly attracted by one of the forces ;-)) ?? This will be a definately must buy for me!
    Anyway awesome work!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  26. Patico

Patico

Hi, it's in progress now, I hope new features will be released during this month.
    Thank you for your interest in custom gravitations kit.

27. Patico

Patico

Yes, it's possible right now out-of-the-box. When you will reach another gravitational field you will fall down on the its object. It could be a planet with centric gravity, or any other object with other types of gravity (directional or gravity to normal)

As soon as character leave gravitational field he became flying in open space (untill inertional force greater then zero). I think it is not difficult to implement something like jetpack and get a "managed flying" around planets.

Thanks!

28. user420

user420

For my projekt i changed in the GravityCharakterController.cs line 126 from " vectorNormal = Vector3.Lerp(vectorNormal," to "vectorNormal = -Vector3.Lerp(vectorNormal," to walk inside a sphere. Was that the right way?
    I'm asking because it had little lags and my charakter falls often trough the sphere wich has a mesh collider.

29. Patico

Patico

Hi, there, I've sent you PM

30. Spartan_Boy

Spartan_Boy

Thx for your answers Patico, is there anywhere in your demo we can experience flying overspace to another attractor, i didn't see any ?

31. Patico

Patico

Yes, in current demo this is not implemented, but I can make another one simple scene with jumping from one planet to another. I'll post a link to it as soon as it will be ready :)

Blackghost likes this.
  32. alonsoGarrote

alonsoGarrote

Hi there, nice plugin!.
    Wanted to know:
    how does this work on mobile divices, performance wise, also,
    Do I have to implement my own touch controls?,

33. Blackghost

Blackghost

This is awesome. This is similar to physics volumes in the Unreal Editor. Is it possible to create a water volume with this asset as well?

34. Patico

Patico

Hi, Blackghost, nice idea! But currently, implementation of it will require a lot of modifications, so I decided to add it to the futher features list. Probably I will add this in the next releases.
    Thanks.

Blackghost likes this.
  35. mitya123

mitya123

Hello, Patico!

Will your extention help me to use centric gravity for qubic planets?

36. GabrielCasillasV

GabrielCasillasV

Hello, Patico.
    Awesome plugin! This is really something in creating scenes in Unity.
    I think that with UFPS or character controllers would be even more awesome :)

37. Patico

Patico

Hi Gabriel, thanks for feedback. Currently, I prepare release with supporting Unity's character controller (Simple Assets) and also with supporting of massive planets from Planetary Terrain asset. UFPS is not so easy to integrate with other assets, so I plan to add this feature in the further releases.

38. Patico

Patico

Hi guys!
    I have couple of good news for you.

First of all I've just completed intergation of Custom Gravitation Kit with Planetary Terrain. Now these two assets are fully compatible and works well, including cases with a really big planets. Now you can create gaint massive planet with that beautiful Planetary Terrain asset, and walking there with the Custom Gravitation Kit and standart Unity's character controller...

Custom Gravitation Kit + Planetary Terrain == Cool thing #1 : )

Yes, you're right. Now Custom Gravitation Kit will support standart Unity's character controller. And it's a good news number two : ) This new feature almost finished, and will included in the next update.

Custom Gravitation Kit + Unity' s Third Person Character == Cool thing #2 : )

For the first time Custom Gravitation Kit will support only third person controller from Unity's Sample Asset. First person controller is the next feature that I plan to implement.

Here is links for these friendly assets: Planetary Terrain, Unity's Sample Asset (free), Custom Gravitation Kit

Here we go! New release is coming soon!

Kind regards,
    Patico

ZJP and Blackghost like this.
  39. ZJP

ZJP

Well done. :cool:

40. Patico

Patico

Thanx a lot!)))

41. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

42. Patico

Patico

Hi, Devision4,
    If that asset based on phisycs, most likely it will work, but I should make some tests and then I could answer more exactly. I will let you know.

43. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Great thank you! You could implement such a ball controller for your next update too :)

44. ZJP

ZJP

Hi,
    Any news about the update? :p

45. SteveB

SteveB

I was looking for something like this actually...

...yea is there more info on your latest update?

46. Blackghost

Blackghost

Hey Patico, are you still planning on working on the physics volumes?

47. Chaosgod_Esper

Chaosgod_Esper

Hey cool, sounds like something i need :)

so, to be sure:
    Is it possible to create Racetracks with Loops, Teisters, Helix..etc - and let Vehicles fly over it?

48. Patico

Patico

Hi, Blackghost, it is very good idea, but it requires to make big changes in current implementation, so I decided to realize it at a future date.

Blackghost likes this.
  49. ZJP

ZJP

More than two months without an answer to my question. Nevermind, i found a solution without your tool.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  50. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

I would like to buy this asset as it looks great, awesome idea, and very interesting, but I do not know if it will still work and is compatible with Unity 4.6 and with Unity 5 beta, please, have any one used it with Unity 4.6 or 5 beta?

Also another thing I do not understand is that is told that it has it´s OWN special character controller, so how is this different from Unity' s Third Person Character? I do not care and do not mind to use a special one IF it works right.

The website patico.pro and the demo Unity player that showed how it works DOES NOT WORK as it is not available anymore, also is not available the PDF, the only thing that is still available is the Youtube video

Patico wrote this shown here below in October 10 2014, and today is 30 January 2015, 3 months and 20 days and there is no news after the last post from December 2014 and as said now the website is missing and seems that there is no email either to contact the author.

Thanks for any possible help