Search Unity

1. Looking for a job or to hire someone for a project? Check out the re-opened job forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2020 LTS & Unity 2021.1 have been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

[SALE] 2D SURVIVAL GAME MULTIPLAYER (Sandbox 2d Minecraft, Terraria) ASSETSTORE

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Drymarti111, Aug 4, 2016.

1. LilGames

LilGames

Is this published somewhere that I can try?

2. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

There is no Demo. I thought about it but it's not needed BUT. I've recorded GamePlay video, tutorials videos (you can see how project is built, every aspect of project) and photos in preview are made I think well.

Here is gameplay preview:

Here are tutorials:

And of course as you can see I am still updating the package and support everyone ;)

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  3. Magixapps

Magixapps

Hi,
    really nice but work on mobile?

thank you

4. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

Hello!
    If you will replace player controller and add some inputs for mobile it will. If you want my mobile version it is little more complicated but I am going to work on mobile version right after Multiplayer(local, co-op, and cloud).

For now I am trying to fix some bugs and comment more code to make project as clean as its possible ;)

5. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

OKay bug fixes update is ready to publish. Version 2.1 before multiplayer and mobile!

6. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

Of course FOR FREE for everyone who bought 2D Sandbox

LilGames likes this.
  7. LilGames

LilGames

I have to commend you on your dedication to this asset. :D

Drymarti111 likes this.
  8. TechSins

TechSins

Hey man any update on multiplayer and mobile controls? just about to buy this to support you!

9. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

Hi! Yes I am working on it, but there were so much problems with 2.1 version of package with bug fixed. I cannot solve few problems and I lost contact with one programmer that helped me looong time ago. I am trying to do my best.

I wish to finish that, I want to play with friends too ;)

10. TechSins

TechSins

Having Gamepad controls would be cool , if you could add that or maybe do a tutorial on it that would be amazing!!

11. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

I will make full mobile version. Not only control but ready inventory, new UI for mobile etc. But that will take a lot of time by now, there is happening too much in life so I cannot work full time. But of course, mobile means: everything for mobile not only controllers

LoDx likes this.
  12. TechSins

TechSins

How can i change the render distance of when the chunks are loaded? so the player doesn't see them while he is walking? what script handles that? so instead of loading like 5-6 chunks in front when i am walking load like 15

13. Tegleg

Tegleg

so,
    im trying to generate structures and i cant figure out how you are placing the blocks in the world.
    looking at ChunkGenerator and the "//Very simple terrain test" as an example

could you give a brief overview of the code flow please?

for example how would you place a single block at position x,y?
    thanks

14. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

Hi,

There was some problems with structure and world generator that I am creating for long time (to make it more complicated). I will take a look into scripts to give you some infos for a moment. Now I am not able to check PC, but I will try. You could try to place segments (parts of map). If you will create in map editor in segment 4 a house. You could use that 4th segment to spawn part of the map somewhere in code. You can check segments by copying them. In console you can see theirs numbers.
    About placing and generator I need to check the code. I remember that it was little hard to make last time, but sure come with second update from now. (Sorry for late updates, really can't work)

15. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

Halloween Update! Create any game you want. Halloween event? Christmas event? Why not!

16. LoDx

LoDx

Hi,
    while content updates are always good....we are still waiting for :-
    ==>> update on multiplayer and mobile controls? ?

Sincerely

17. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

I am waiting for that also. I had to give you that update on may, but programmer left me with so critical bugs I am fixing to this time.

It is so horrible, but I am working on that all the time

18. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

New Horror Package + New 2D Complete Game in a bundle soon with 2D Sandbox. 3 project for 20$ ;)

19. LilGames

LilGames

I think I bought it.:D The Halloween survival asset is just the sandbox with a new name and some new content, right?

20. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

Exactly, just fresh look of some things to get some new support for the package, and give you halloween and events idea

21. LilGames

LilGames

The programmer quit? How good a programmer are you?

22. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

I programmed most of that project, but bugs are too complicated. I am now finishing AI bugs, and light bug. Only these 2 left, but it's crazy. I have to write completely new system for that, but that after multiplayer.

23. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

SALE! Package will be for 15$ - 15% of Unity SALE! Version 3.0 will costs 35$ so grab it as fast as you can!

24. TechSins

TechSins

25. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

Yes! Version 2.3 with 3 new gameplay functions and bug fixes (almost evrything).
    You could send everything to the moon tiding ballon into it + pages in recipes + harpoon + secret

I am working every day on it since May, hard as hell but finally it's move on.

26. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

Good News:
    Completely new system is going to be implemented. Fresh, new and clean code. Everything working, no bugs, no problems. Only new-easy to add features and your happiness every day working with that... Complete Sandbox/Survival Package ;)
    It's not a game project anymore, it's a big system with everything you need!

27. GhostlyMaker

GhostlyMaker

Hi, when i bought the asset i opened it in the asset store in unity and i cant download it. When i click it nothing happens, please help

28. GhostlyMaker

GhostlyMaker

Please i need a refund i accidentally bought this, please

29. TechSins

TechSins

30. LilGames

LilGames

Hi, I was wondering if other games like this also allow the player to destroy any block anywhere on the screen with the mouse cursor? Is that so the player sprite can't get stuck ?

31. LilGames

LilGames

@Drymarti111 I sometimes get a null reference error when going through the recipes:

Line 280 in PauseScreen:
    Texture2D tex = recipe.Result.texture;

I was also wondering which script has the mouse click input for destroying and placing tiles?

32. LilGames

LilGames

... and I never see the Axe appear on my player. How do you equip an axe? I followed the video tutorial but the axe never appears when breaking blocks.

33. LilGames

LilGames

Sorry to keep posting, but I keep finding issues. You talk about version 2.1 and say 2.3 is coming, yet in the Asset Store lists the latest as 2.07

34. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

Hmmm there are no issues anywhere, anytime like you say. I will upload a package once again, maybe somethng wrong is in update. About Version 2.1 - it has only fix issues but I am writing project from the ground as my last programmer left me with tons of critical bugs. So I am making package scripting friendly - completely new systems, new functions and new everything to make it easier for you. No need to code anything of course. That's why 2.3

35. dutchg4ming

dutchg4ming

I see alot of greate things you put into this and im willing to buy this but i got a question
    Will we need to re purchase once 3.0 comes out or do we get free updates on top?

36. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

I will always make Free updates for everyone who bought package before ;)

37. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

Great news! I am officialy starting fix updates before Completely New System update.
    In Update 2.08 you will get recipes bug fixes + Pages in recipes.
    upload_2018-1-14_21-24-12.png
    Update 2.09 will fix tools. Then 2.1 Fixed everything. 2.3 is new System + new survival options... and after that... I can finally implement working Multiplayer and Mobile version. After months of working, after months of fighting... we are on a good way!
    Never give up!

38. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

$4.5 Only for extremely Limited Time!
    Before new system I made it cheap, it is going to be 20$ again soon so, take it or leave it! No more sales ;)
    New system is... just read about it under the photo :)

39. LilGames

LilGames

Hi. Listen, I just updated to 2.08 and still the Axe doesnt work. When I play, I click on it multiple times in recipies and made 30 of them. Then I equipped every spot on my character and yet when I walk around, there is no axe visible on my player!

Your youtube video clearly shows the axe appearing on the player when in use. What's going on here?

40. LilGames

LilGames

I finally got it to appear. Has to be placed in the "9 oclock" position. Got it!

Drymarti111 likes this.
  41. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

upload_2018-1-22_17-48-18.png

What do you think about that? I am preparing clothes for the Characters...

42. LilGames

LilGames

I think that's fine. I just wish there was documentation about what each slots did. :D

Will the "3 oclock" position slot be able to hold a shield?

43. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

As this is game I'm creating right now, I will never make shields, weapons etc. This has innovative way to survive like light, gravitation, physics(balloon, harpun etc soon). But for cosmetic puproses... it might be for it ;)

Few Little adds to 2.081 Updates : Cake, Heart Flower and Heart Balloon. Use your recipes as an events in your game!
    upload_2018-1-22_18-28-15.png

About documentation... I made these movies on Youtube but I am writing documentation for NEW SYSTEM update. Tons of things will change to make development easier.

44. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

45. wahyuway

wahyuway

Just bought this asset.
    i hear above, that you will rework the code? should i wait or i still use current version code with minimalist change? could you suggest me

46. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

Yes I am creating asset from the beggining but these changes will just make the code clear and understandable. You can change code now, I will provide good changes so you could easily import your functions to new project.

If something went wrong I would support you by myself ;)

New update is needed to make working multiplayer, mobile and make map generator. I am creating something like "Engine to 2D Sandbox/Survival Games" inside the Unity.

47. Magixapps

Magixapps

Hi,

Game all based on tilemap systeme with tiles? or its separate Sprite?
    Thank you

LilGames likes this.
  48. Davieplier

Davieplier

Hello. I REALLY wanna buy this asset bcouse it helps me for learning how to make games. But theres 1 huuge problemo. I cant buy it bcouse i dont have an credit card. I really want to buy it but i only have Ideal. I also tried to add money to my paypall account but it says it needs a credit card. So is there any way to buy it with ideal and recieve the latest updates?
    -Thanks for your time!

49. Davieplier

Davieplier

Thanks for the reply. I'll try!

50. Davieplier

Davieplier

I have 2 questions=
    1. If i buy this asset i get the world editor for free?
    2. Does the asset update bcouz i saw a comment like: did the creator stop?

unityunity