Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Runtime user textures loading

Discussion in 'Works In Progress' started by TomaszKielski, Jan 7, 2012.

1. TomaszKielski

TomaszKielski

Hello,
    What I want to present here is not a work progress, but experiment progress.
    It is related to loading of user textures to the WebPlayer in the applications on the web. It is rather for non-game than games. I welcome all the interested to the post and the demo on my website. I would appreciate any comments on it, whether the idea is good and message in the post clear.

http://virtualplayground.d2.pl/WP/?p=254

2. AnomalusUndrdog

AnomalusUndrdog

This is normal for games. Games do this, for example, when letting players use custom logos/insignias for army units, or standards (flags).

3. w1nterl0ng

w1nterl0ng

This is very interesting. I am working on something similar. basically, there is a car that users can upload their own texture for. I have not looked into doing it on the web but I am very interested in doing so.

4. TomaszKielski

TomaszKielski

Thanks for looking at it and the comments.
    Unfortunately I have found out that as far as I have got what I was going to do achieve in term of functionalities, the GUI is not clear and I have to rework it.
    I monitor user activities on my server and can see that the people do not take the actions I expect, because they do not get what and how can they do.
    I am going to give up the new window tabs and place all of that in a narrow bottom div strip.I will give up all that doubtful progress bars, drag an drop functionalities that on some browsers are supported while on the others not.
    And I mean it this to serve as template, to fit well into workflow from cad based 3d apps.

5. TomaszKielski

TomaszKielski