Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Runtime user textures loading

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by tomekkie, Jan 7, 2012.

1. tomekkie

tomekkie

Hello,
    What I want to present here is not a work progress, but experiment progress.
    It is related to loading of user textures to the WebPlayer in the applications on the web. It is rather for non-game than games. I welcome all the interested to the post and the demo on my website. I would appreciate any comments on it, whether the idea is good and message in the post clear.

http://virtualplayground.d2.pl/WP/?p=254

2. AnomalusUndrdog

AnomalusUndrdog

This is normal for games. Games do this, for example, when letting players use custom logos/insignias for army units, or standards (flags).

3. w1nterl0ng

w1nterl0ng

This is very interesting. I am working on something similar. basically, there is a car that users can upload their own texture for. I have not looked into doing it on the web but I am very interested in doing so.

4. tomekkie

tomekkie

Thanks for looking at it and the comments.
    Unfortunately I have found out that as far as I have got what I was going to do achieve in term of functionalities, the GUI is not clear and I have to rework it.
    I monitor user activities on my server and can see that the people do not take the actions I expect, because they do not get what and how can they do.
    I am going to give up the new window tabs and place all of that in a narrow bottom div strip.I will give up all that doubtful progress bars, drag an drop functionalities that on some browsers are supported while on the others not.
    And I mean it this to serve as template, to fit well into workflow from cad based 3d apps.

5. tomekkie

tomekkie