Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Runtime tree view

Discussion in 'UI Toolkit' started by Hertzole, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Hertzole

Hertzole

Hi!

I have two quick questions regarding runtime support for a tree view.
    First of, I know it's in the source code and internal right now. I've managed to dig it out and played around with it for a few minutes. I really like the workflow!

Now for the questions:
    1. Will it support reordering? Right now I can't find any support for reordering elements. I think this would be really useful for people like me who are trying to make some kind of runtime hierarchy.
    2. Is there any ETA when we can see it publicly available? To me, it seems usable and I would excuse any weird bugs to it being in a preview package.

Thanks

2. jonathanma_unity

jonathanma_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi RealMTG,

The TreeView is definitely on our road map as you saw it is internal while we try to iron out the remaining issues. I sadly cannot provide an ETA to its public availability. We have many features we want to add for runtime until then but we will get to it at some point.

chris-z562 likes this.
  3. Hertzole

Hertzole

Great to hear! Do you think you could "spill the beans" a little on what kind of features you're planning?
    I'll also add, personally I have two projects that would be quite dependent on the tree view. I don't think that will influence your priorities but I just ask you to please not put it last on your list. :p

4. jonathanma_unity

jonathanma_unity

Unity Technologies

I am not the project manager but since you asked I can say that the focus at the moment is making UI Toolkit and the UI Builder production ready. From there we will add new features over time but the first step is releasing a solid foundation!

Hertzole likes this.