Search Unity

Runtime error

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Rakdos, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Rakdos

Rakdos

I have a very big problem...

When i try to run Unity Editor, there is a Runtime error who say :

Runtime error !

This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way
    Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Please, help me, i have yet only 14 days of trial version and i can't use it !!

2. Dreamora

Dreamora

I would recommend to do as the message asked you to do:

3. Rakdos

Rakdos

Yes i've this already done, but i didn't receive an answers

4. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

Our support team replied to your email two days ago asking you to submit a bug, although I do see that you did that already (with your initial report). I'll nudge the case along so they can (hopefully) get you going ASAP!

5. caitlyn

caitlyn

Hi Rakdos,

Be on the lookout for our reply to you.

Best wishes
    Caitlyn

6. damouse

damouse

I'm having the same problem

it seemed to be while importing the example assets that it crashes. black screen

tried reinstalling, same difference.

renamed the scene folder to interrupt it, gave me the option to choose a new scene or load a scene, chose a new scene, during the creation I got 3 messages about being unable to move an asset to a temporary new project folder because it is unreadable or corrupt.when the editor finally launches I get a white window with a windows error telling me unity isn't working.

This is leading me to believe that the installer I have is creating bum files, redownloading now

7. maddragon

maddragon

I was working on a cs.THere was a bug (the object go in the wrong direction-the movement was from code).
    I correct the bug.I start the game, the movement was right , unity crashed.
    Boh , I tryed again.
    Unity didn't start (start , load , crash).
    I rename the dir of the project.
    Unity start. Load the project. When I load the scene , crashes.
    I use win7 , but I tryed also in my xp , and is the same result.
    What can WE* do?
    *me and the other have that problem

8. maddragon

maddragon

I tryed to open the island demo (I didn't modifyed) and return two errors:

Code (csharp):
    1. ERROR: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.Runtime.Versioning.TargetFrameworkAttribute..ctor'.
    2.   at <0x00000> <unknown method>
    3.   at Boo.Lang.GenericGenerator`1[System.String].System.Collections.IEnumerable.GetEnumerator () [0x00000]
    4.   at us.UsModule.compile (us.CommandLineOptions options) [0x00000]
    5.   at us.UsModule.run (System.String[] argv) [0x00000]
    and
    Code (csharp):
    1. GLib: Cannot convert message: Conversion from character set 'UTF-8' to 'CP1252' is not supported
    3. ** (D:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\MonoCompiler.framework\gmcs.exe:4048): WARNING **: Missing method .ctor in assembly C:\Users\Public\Documents\Unity Projects\Island Demo\Assets/Plugins/SharpConnect.dll, type System.Runtime.Versioning.TargetFrameworkAttribute
    5. ** (D:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\MonoCompiler.framework\gmcs.exe:4048): WARNING **: Can't find custom attr constructor image: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Unity Projects\Island Demo\Assets/Plugins/SharpConnect.dll mtoken: 0x0a00000d
    7. Unhandled Exception: System.TypeLoadException: A type load exception has occurred.
    9.  at <0x00000> <unknown method>
    11.  at Mono.CSharp.Driver.LoadReferences () [0x00000]
    13.  at Mono.CSharp.Driver.MainDriver (System.String[] args) [0x00000]
    15.  at Mono.CSharp.Driver.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000]
    16. mono: exit called, code 1
    Could be my windows?

9. damouse

damouse

it would seem madragon and I are experiencing a very similar issue

tried installing from a fresh download, no change, tried running it on an xp virtual machine, same result

six days later and no word on any of the bug reports, either

10. maddragon

maddragon

...rebuilding all from zero (my project was approxlimatly all c# , so was few minutes rebuild all , reimport and reassign the script (I didn't change the script)) and now run correctly....appear as if was the terrain that crash all....but I don't know why and I'm not sure....however now runs....

11. webco

webco

Hello, I'm having the same problem. ("Runtime Error ! Program : ..Editor\Data\Mono\bin\mono.exe. etc")

In the console, I've these two errors :
    Code (csharp):
    1. Internal compiler error. See the console log for more information. output was:Assets/Standard Assets/Image Effects (Pro Only)/_Sources/Shaders/camShader/ImageRefractionEffect.cs(10,30): warning CS0618: `ImageEffects.BlitWithMaterial(UnityEngine.Material, UnityEngine.RenderTexture, UnityEngine.RenderTexture)' is obsolete: `Use Graphics.Blit(source, destination, material) instead'
    Code (csharp):
    1. Internal compiler error. See the console log for more information. output was:SetEndOfFile returned 5
    I've reinstalled Unity but that doesn't work. I've loaded samples projects and when I build them, the build fails.

Can you help me please ?

12. webco

webco

Ok, I've found what happened. It is because of the application Comodo that isolated Unity and other exe used by Unity when building.

13. maumedran17

maumedran17

Hi, I get this error when I press the play bottom, and I can't find the solution. Could someone please help me?
    The hour that appears is the time when I open Unity.

Captura.PNG

14. iamrayther

iamrayther

I've got the same error, how did you fix this ? Thank you in advance for your answer.