Search Unity

Runtime Editor

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vadim-Andriyanov, May 9, 2017.

1. yosipy

yosipy

Hi.

I have an arbitrary GameObject in my Scene that attaches "RotationHandle".
    When I render the GameObject with two cameras, "RotationHandle" does not respond on one of the rendering screens.

I want to rotate the object using the "Rotation Handle" on both rendering screens.
    How do I set it up?

My Scene:
    0.png

Both Camera viewport rect (camera1 and camera2):
    1.png

Rendering Screen(The mouse is on the rendering screen on the left):
    In the render screen on the left, I can rotate the cube by dragging it.
    2.png

Rendering Screen(The mouse is on the rendering screen on the right):
    However, in the render screen on the right, I can't rotate the cube even if I drag it.
    The mouse does not respond.
    3.png

I want to rotate the object using the "Rotation Handle" on both rendering screens.(Use the mouse to drag)
    How do I set it up?

Please respond.

Last edited: May 3, 2020
  2. Vadim-Andriyanov

Vadim-Andriyanov

Please find example in attachments (TwoCamScene.unitypackage)

upload_2020-5-4_18-46-7.png

Attached Files:

3. yosipy

yosipy

Thank you for your reply.

I tried running the UnityPackage that I was taught.

As a result, I got an error like the image, and I could only operate the Rotation Controller on the rendering screen on the right.

On the render screen on the left, clicking or dragging the controller does not respond.

I'm sorry if I did something wrong.

Unity version: 2019.3.6f1 Personal

コメント 2020-05-05 024746.png

4. Vadim-Andriyanov

Vadim-Andriyanov

Are you using latest version of Runtime Transform Handles from asset store? latest Runtime Editor from asset store? If no please upgrade. I tested it with both packages, should work without errors

Last edited: May 5, 2020
  5. rockinplayinrahul

rockinplayinrahul

Hey there, we recently bought your Runtime Editor package, and so far it's been really impressive and helpful!

I'd like to ask something about the package though. Is it possible to have runtime behaviors like OnDrawGizmos() and (more importantly) OnInspectorGUI() to function through the runtime editor? We want to make it possible for users without the Unity Editor to set up the scene as they wish using these functions.

6. ArtPose

ArtPose

I am having some issues with the latest update not rendering the Position handle model correctly if values are changed. Also the Plain mover selectors are changing while dragging(sliding on the floor then moving up and down)
    I am using the latest version. This was all working perfectly in my build before the update.

7. Terry-K

Terry-K

Hi,
    Thanks for the awesome asset!

I just purchased it and tried it out on webgl project. Although there are several things to mange out on my side, I was just wondering if below scenario is possible with it.

1. On runtime (of course), a user wants to import assets like 2d image, for example. Can I just add as dynamic resources, and can we save it for certain user for later use?
    2. As it is a webgl project, I also need a function to save in the cloud, is it possible with above case? (Save newly imported assets by a user and save the state on the cloud for each users)
    3. Is it possible to extract only the runnable output from above scenario and post it on the web so that other user can try some games that other users made?

In short, let's say there is a web site where user can edit/create games with RTE, then publish it on the web site, other users can play that are published. Also, other users can load or duplicate like 'fork' in github into their workspace.

Thanks in advance for the help!

hananraina and ughost123 like this.
  8. yosipy

yosipy

After changing to the latest version, it worked.
    Thank you very much.

9. LearnTry

LearnTry

Hi,@Vadim-Andriyanov
    How to make a editor like enumeditor had dropdown in it.But the dropdown's contents is dynamic in runtime

10. LearnTry

LearnTry

Hi,@Vadim-Andriyanov
    the timeline seems don't support enum.It always be the same value in timeline.Is that possible to make a dropdown component on timeline when add enum to control value change?

11. ExatexX

ExatexX

Hi there! I love the tool, but it prevents anything from being rendered in the new pipelines. I suspect it does not support URP / LWRP, is that correct? Are there any plans (as announced above) to support these? Thank you in advance!

12. EricVenn

EricVenn

Hi !
    I would like to know if Runtime Editor (and Runtime Load & Save package) is able to save fbx and .anim assets generated in runtime (we have the code for fbx) ?

13. Geoff_001_01

Geoff_001_01

To Whom It May Concern:

As I understand it you need to start from a previous example (It is not easy
    to start from scratch). How easy is it to peal away functionality (from the base
    project) so only the functionality you want is included?

Thank you,

Geoff

14. ibyte

ibyte

Hi we are using the Virtualizing Tree View which is also bundled with the runtime editor. I have not figured out how to make the scrollist stop smoothly. It slows down and seems to jump a bit near the end? Anyone else solved this issue?

EDIT: Am I the only one with this issue?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  15. xikst1

xikst1

Hi,@Vadim-Andriyanov. I just bought the package Runtime Editor from the store I also bought the light version: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/modeling/runtime-editor-64806

I was trying to follow this tutorial
    and I noticed that I don't have a demo tab under tools or a demo file.

upload_2020-7-8_16-31-28.png

I want to have this setup and I can't seem to find demo for it in the folders. I want to have all the buttons as it shows here like snap to, reset, unity snap, save, load, box snap grid and so on.

upload_2020-7-8_16-33-40.png

Can you help me.

Sincerely,
    g

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
  16. xikst1

xikst1

Hi,@Vadim-Andriyanov. I have a few more concerns.

1) if I move a game component off grid, normally I will press Shift+S to snap it to the grid and then hold Shift down so the object stays in the grid. But when I'm in the advanced editor. Shift+S does a save scene and I can not snap the object back into grid. If i press shift the object does move one step at the time but not into the project's grid. It snaps into its own grid and won't align with other gameobjects. Shift+S snaps the object back into the main grid and it aligns the game object with other items in the light version. I tried the demo and it worked. But in the advance editor it doesn't.

upload_2020-7-8_21-36-56.png

2) The green Selection Box isn't working. I followed the tutorial from top to bottom and I can not find how to activate this. I did add a game object and added the script to it. I found the section where the color can be changed. The instructions said I will be able to activate and deactivate this box here in the Runtime Handle Component Script but I only saw the option to change the color of it but not to activate it.

upload_2020-7-8_21-39-15.png

This is the selection box that I'm talking about.
    It is under number 11. Box Selection

3) I was not able to find anywhere in the documentation how to implement the Bouding Box Snaping to a game object and it did not work for me in the demo.

This is the feature that I'm talking about:
    It is under number 12. Bouding Box Snaping

upload_2020-7-8_21-49-20.png

5) Another thing I noticed was that the RT Editor DEMO starts at full screen with a reload button on the top left and an edit button on the top right in 100% full screen. That is nice. Then I click on edit and I get the RT Editor and I can do my adjustments. I like that too. Then when I click on PLAY, the game starts. Everything is fine. But then when I click on full screen, I'm not able to go back to 100% full screen anymore. If i click on the full screen icon, It goes to full screen but I can still see FIle, Edit, GameObject Window, Help menu on the top and all the other tools. I also see the edit and animation tabs on the top. How do I go back to full screen again from the RT editor without starting the game again?

Please help

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
  17. LearnTry

LearnTry

Hi,@Vadim-Andriyanov,
    If I set obj active false,then save the scene.then open the scene.the obj will miss in hierarchy.

18. capgunmatt

capgunmatt

Is it possible to have camera view docked in a panel as its content? I can see that the Panel requires a transform, and I've made something work by projecting the camera's view on to a plane, then setting this plane as the Dock Panel's content, but thought I'd ask if there is a way to do this more directly?

I have moved away from the above implementation, because I need to be able to interact with the viewed scene. Currently, my scene has a sidebar, and when I click a button, I want a dockpanel to launch. (I have this functionality currently implemented). Further, specifically what I want to be able to do is then dock the launched panel to the right, left, top, or bottom, just as Windows 10 works with windowed programs. However, when there is only one dockpanel in the screen, you cannot dock it left, right, top, or bottom; you can dock it ful screen or pop it out. To achieve this Windows-like functionality I could 1) launch a second invisible dockpanel, or 2) have the entire scene inside a dockpanel, as asked above, allowing both dock panels the ability to be docked as needed.

Input appreciated.

19. xikst1

xikst1

Hi,@Vadim-Andriyanov. I really like your plugin. It is helping me complete a project and it is working very well but I have encounter some limitations that I will like to point out.

1) I'm not able to lock a GameObject into place just as in unity. I have a large section and it becomes difficult to manage if I'm not able to lock certain parts of the design from moving. I tried adding a empty GameObject and adding the LockAxis Script to it. Then I loaded that into the editor and added all the objects that I want lock into that empty GameObject but that didn't work. The empty GameObject in fact was lock but everything else inside that game object was not. It will be amazing if I was able to lock these objects because without this, I will not be able to use the RT editor as a solution for my project. Ideally, if the GameObject is locked, everything inside that game object should be locked as well.

2) On the hierarchy tab, If i select a GameObject that is in plain view, it will highlight blue. But if I select a GameObject that is inside another GameObject, it will not show. That can create issues managing the GameObjects. Ideally, if i click on an object, the RT editor should show me its exact location in the hierarchy tab. Picture one shows what happens when the object is on plain view in the hierarchy tab. Image 2 shows what happens when you select a GameObject that is inside another GameObject. It will not open the tree and show its location.

upload_2020-7-16_13-57-19.png
    upload_2020-7-16_13-57-40.png

3) This one is the most important of all 3 in my opinion. You can not edit prefabs inside the RT Editor. This is limiting the RT Editor a lot. I know that I'm able to create prefabs in the editor. I made a group by creating an empty GameObject and I called it Cube Group. Then I added the group to my assets and made a Prefab with it. That worked. But when I drop that prefab into the scene, I get the Empty GameObject and the sub objects into the scene. That is an issue. One major advantage of a prefab is that if you have 100 copies of one prefab and you change the shape of the source prefab, all the 100 copies of that prefab in the scene will also change. So here I made a prefab with 2 cubes. I dropped that prefab 100 times in the scene and the I want to change from 2 cubes to 3 cubes. I will have to remove all the old 100 prefabs with 2 cubes and redo all the work with the new prefab with 3 cubes. If i was able to edit that in the RT editor. I think it will definitly work 100% times better. I really hope these are simple things that can be fixed. I really want to use your RT Editor. It is perfect. I think that if we all work together we can have a really nice platform to work with thanks to you bro.

upload_2020-7-16_14-8-59.png

I really appreciate your work and your effort.

Sincerely,
    g

20. kennethswy94

kennethswy94

Hi @Vadim-Andriyanov , just bought ur Save Load plugin! Hoping it will help save my project. I was trying to build on WebGL but when i tried to build, I came across this error, was wondering if you know how to solve it?

Assets\Battlehub\RTSL\Scripts\Serializer.cs(28,24)
    error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'RTSLTypeModel' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Edit:
    Okay I manage to solve it by running Runtime SaveLoad > Persistent Classes > Build Type Model.

Loving the plugin currently, just want to know if i build on webgl, and i save a prefab, where is it saved at?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  21. bomin_01

bomin_01

Hi,@Vadim-Andriyanov,
    if I set object active false, and then play. the object active will be true.

22. Philippe-Rochard

Philippe-Rochard

Hello @Vadim-Andriyanov

Does this asset allow an User to create AssetBundles at runtime in a standalone environnement ?
    We would like to use this asset so our Users can create complex objects at Runtime without UnityEditor and we can then load those AssetBundle in another application. Is it possible ?

Thank you for your time.

23. Rickmc3280

Rickmc3280

Has anybody figured out the way to implement Builder tools (individually without using the menu drop down - say a click of a button)? Seems like the list is loaded from somewhere else in the script and I cannot figure out where/how etc.

Like the promise of this tool, but still a bit is left to be figured out despite reading the tuts on the site.

24. JonBanana

JonBanana

Hello @Vadim-Andriyanov , is there a way to make position handles relative to camera instead of world or object ?
    thanks

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  25. Rickmc3280

Rickmc3280

Im not sure if this asset is supported on a regular basis.

However, you could probably add a script to make them following the camera for small objects with fewer handles, or find a way to make all of them face the camera using the same method, but ensuring it applies to all handles. If you need the reverse, you may need to play with Quaternions axis and all of that.

Have you figured out a way to modify builder, or is that not a feature you are interested in? I am trying to find a way to retrofit this into build but the documentation is lacking in here just as it is in PB

26. mcbtay

mcbtay

Does this happen to support HDRP? Would really like to purchase this for a project I'm working on, but I haven't seen anything about HDRP support since April of last year.

EDIT: Just noticed on the first page that HDRP support is on your roadmap, which likely answers my question haha.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  27. Rickmc3280

Rickmc3280

It’s a cool tool, he is literally rewriting unity within unity to make it all work.

If you are relatively good at coding you could implement HDRP yourself

28. yosipy

yosipy

Thank you for a great product!

In the "Rotation Handle", you can specify the function that will be executed when drop using mouse.(image)
    I would like to know how to do this same thing from the program.

Executing the function when the button is pressed can be achieved with the following code.

Code (CSharp):
    1. GameObject button = GameObject.Find("Button");
    2. button.GetComponent<Button>().onClick.AddListener(MyFunction);
    However, if I do the same using RotationHandle, I will fail.

Code (CSharp):
    1. GameObject go = GameObject.Find("Object");
    2. go.GetComponent<RotationHandle>().Drag.AddListener(MyFunction);
    It is said to be unable to convert from Method Group to UnityAction<BaseHandle>.

I have not been able to find a solution.
    Thank you for your help.

Addendum 1
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public void MyFunction()
    2. {
    3.     Debug.Log("test");
    4. }
    Addendum 2
    The next one failed.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public void MyFunction(BaseHandle bh)
    2. {
    3.     Debug.Log("test");
    4. }

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
  29. maticad

maticad

Hi Vadim,
    the scene in my application is entirely generated runtime (all is generated by code Mesh, Materials, Textures ecc). Can I save this scene runtime and then load later it in the editor? Is HDRP supported?
    Thank you
    Ivan

30. SpindizzyGames

SpindizzyGames

RTBuilder/RTHandles/PointBillboard and LineBillboard shaders do not work on my 2017 MacBook Air with Mojave and Metal. Intel HD Graphics 6000. GPU. Says those shaders 'are not supported on this GPU' and none of the fallbacks are suitable. When I try the extension it says 'Drawing with MeshTopology.Points, yet the vertex program 'Hidden/InternalErrorShader' does not have PSIZE output.

31. look001

look001

When i rotate an object bejond 360 degrees the object rotation will still be between 0 and 360 in the inspector. I need it for animation. How can I fix this?

32. uthon

uthon

In Unity 2019.4.11f1 when attempting to use in the same project as PlasticSCM, I get:

PrecompiledAssemblyException: Multiple precompiled assemblies with the same name ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll included or the current platform. Only one assembly with the same name is allowed per platform. Assembly paths:
    Assets/Battlehub/Deps/ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll
    Assets/Plugins/PlasticSCM/Editor/PlasticLib/ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll
    UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.EditorBuildRules.ValidateAndGetNameToPrecompiledAssembly (UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.PrecompiledAssembly[] precompiledAssemblies) (at <007193b7fa9c4ad1be5b26df6a654213>:0)
    UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.EditorBuildRules.ToScriptAssemblies (System.Collections.Generic.IDictionary`2[TKey,TValue] targetAssemblies, UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.ScriptAssemblySettings settings, UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.EditorBuildRules+CompilationAssemblies assemblies, System.Collections.Generic.HashSet`1[T] runUpdaterAssemblies) (at <007193b7fa9c4ad1be5b26df6a654213>:0)
    UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.EditorBuildRules.GenerateChangedScriptAssemblies (UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.EditorBuildRules+GenerateChangedScriptAssembliesArgs args) (at <007193b7fa9c4ad1be5b26df6a654213>:0)
    UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.EditorCompilation.CompileScripts (UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.ScriptAssemblySettings scriptAssemblySettings, System.String tempBuildDirectory, UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.EditorScriptCompilationOptions options, UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.CompilationTaskOptions compilationTaskOptions, UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.EditorBuildRules+TargetAssembly[]& notCompiledTargetAssemblies, System.String[]& notCompiledScripts) (at <007193b7fa9c4ad1be5b26df6a654213>:0)
    UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.EditorCompilation.CompileScripts (UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.EditorScriptCompilationOptions options, UnityEditor.BuildTargetGroup platformGroup, UnityEditor.BuildTarget platform, UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.CompilationTaskOptions compilationTaskOptions) (at <007193b7fa9c4ad1be5b26df6a654213>:0)
    UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.EditorCompilation.TickCompilationPipeline (UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.EditorScriptCompilationOptions options, UnityEditor.BuildTargetGroup platformGroup, UnityEditor.BuildTarget platform) (at <007193b7fa9c4ad1be5b26df6a654213>:0)
    UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.EditorCompilationInterface.TickCompilationPipeline

33. theonerm2_unity

theonerm2_unity

I get
    Exception thrown while invoking [DidReloadScripts] method 'Battlehub.RTSL.Menu:OnScriptsReloaded ()' : ArgumentException: Property type is not Float or Range.
    UnityEngine.Shader.GetPropertyDefaultFloatValue (System.Int32 propertyIndex) (at <4cc8ec075538416496e5db5d391208ac>:0)
    UnityEditor.ShaderUtil.GetRangeLimits (UnityEngine.Shader s, System.Int32 propertyIdx, System.Int32 defminmax) (at <b17f35b08b864a3ca09a7032b437596e>:0)
    Battlehub.RTSL.RuntimeShaderProfilesGen.Create (UnityEngine.Shader shader) (at Assets/Battlehub/RTSL/Editor/Scripts/RuntimeShaderProfilesGen.cs:110)
    Battlehub.RTSL.RuntimeShaderProfilesGen.Create () (at Assets/Battlehub/RTSL/Editor/Scripts/RuntimeShaderProfilesGen.cs:72)
    Battlehub.RTSL.RuntimeShaderProfilesGen.CreateProfile () (at Assets/Battlehub/RTSL/Editor/Scripts/RuntimeShaderProfilesGen.cs:23)
    Battlehub.RTSL.Menu.CreateShaderProfiles () (at Assets/Battlehub/RTSL/Editor/Scripts/Menu.cs:207)
    Battlehub.RTSL.Menu.OnScriptsReloaded () (at Assets/Battlehub/RTSL/Editor/Scripts/Menu.cs:254)

34. uthon

uthon

Is there a way to stop a Region from resizing when it is rearranged within a DockPanel? I would like the user to be able to use my custom Regions and dock them/resize them/etc., but I don't want the Region to alter size when it is docked after floating, or when its position is moved.

35. theonerm2_unity

theonerm2_unity

Does anyone know if there is an issue with runtime editor in 2020.1?

I get a black screen and 11 errors.

MissingComponentException: There is no 'CanvasRenderer' attached to the "Caret" game object, but a script is trying to access it.
    You probably need to add a CanvasRenderer to the game object "Caret". Or your script needs to check if the component is attached before using it.
    UnityEngine.CanvasRenderer.EnableRectClipping (UnityEngine.Rect rect) (at <5506fd151a9b48fcb0ae1883b1a23ae0>:0)
    UnityEngine.UI.MaskableGraphic.SetClipRect (UnityEngine.Rect clipRect, System.Boolean validRect) (at C:/Program Files/Unity Projects/2020.1.0f1/Editor/Data/Resources/PackageManager/BuiltInPackages/com.unity.ugui/Runtime/UI/Core/MaskableGraphic.cs:145)
    UnityEngine.UI.RectMask2D.PerformClipping () (at C:/Program Files/Unity Projects/2020.1.0f1/Editor/Data/Resources/PackageManager/BuiltInPackages/com.unity.ugui/Runtime/UI/Core/RectMask2D.cs:245)
    UnityEngine.UI.ClipperRegistry.Cull () (at C:/Program Files/Unity Projects/2020.1.0f1/Editor/Data/Resources/PackageManager/BuiltInPackages/com.unity.ugui/Runtime/UI/Core/Culling/ClipperRegistry.cs:46)
    UnityEngine.UI.CanvasUpdateRegistry.PerformUpdate () (at C:/Program Files/Unity Projects/2020.1.0f1/Editor/Data/Resources/PackageManager/BuiltInPackages/com.unity.ugui/Runtime/UI/Core/CanvasUpdateRegistry.cs:197)
    UnityEngine.Canvas.SendWillRenderCanvases () (at <5506fd151a9b48fcb0ae1883b1a23ae0>:0)
    UnityEngine.Camera:Render()
    Battlehub.RTEditor.TimelineControl:RenderGraphics() (at Assets/Battlehub/RTEditor/Scripts/AnimationEditor/TimelineControl/TimelineControl.cs:1104)
    Battlehub.RTEditor.TimelineControl:Awake() (at Assets/Battlehub/RTEditor/Scripts/AnimationEditor/TimelineControl/TimelineControl.cs:371)
    UnityEngine.GameObject:SetActive(Boolean)
    Battlehub.UIControls.DockPanels.Region:OnTabToggle(Tab, Boolean) (at Assets/Battlehub/UIControls/DockPanels/Scripts/Region.cs:1317)
    Battlehub.UIControls.DockPanels.Tab:OnToggleValueChanged(Boolean) (at Assets/Battlehub/UIControls/DockPanels/Scripts/Tab.cs:217)
    UnityEngine.UI.Toggle:set_isOn(Boolean)
    Battlehub.UIControls.DockPanels.Tab:set_IsOn(Boolean) (at Assets/Battlehub/UIControls/DockPanels/Scripts/Tab.cs:94)
    Battlehub.UIControls.DockPanels.Region:Insert(Int32, Tab, Transform) (at Assets/Battlehub/UIControls/DockPanels/Scripts/Region.cs:1069)
    Battlehub.UIControls.DockPanels.Region:Insert(Int32, Tab, Transform, RegionSplitType, Single) (at Assets/Battlehub/UIControls/DockPanels/Scripts/Region.cs:1037)
    Battlehub.UIControls.DockPanels.Region:Add(Sprite, String, Transform, Boolean, RegionSplitType, Single, Boolean, Boolean) (at Assets/Battlehub/UIControls/DockPanels/Scripts/Region.cs:879)
    Battlehub.UIControls.DockPanels.Region:Build(LayoutInfo, Region) (at Assets/Battlehub/UIControls/DockPanels/Scripts/Region.cs:471)
    Battlehub.UIControls.DockPanels.Region:Build(LayoutInfo, Region) (at Assets/Battlehub/UIControls/DockPanels/Scripts/Region.cs:496)
    Battlehub.UIControls.DockPanels.Region:Build(LayoutInfo, Region) (at Assets/Battlehub/UIControls/DockPanels/Scripts/Region.cs:507)
    Battlehub.UIControls.DockPanels.Region:Build(LayoutInfo, Region) (at Assets/Battlehub/UIControls/DockPanels/Scripts/Region.cs:506)
    Battlehub.UIControls.DockPanels.Region:Build(LayoutInfo) (at Assets/Battlehub/UIControls/DockPanels/Scripts/Region.cs:437)
    Battlehub.RTEditor.WindowManager:SetLayout(Func`2, String) (at Assets/Battlehub/RTEditor/Scripts/WindowManager.cs:1056)
    Battlehub.RTEditor.WindowManager:SetDefaultLayout() (at Assets/Battlehub/RTEditor/Scripts/WindowManager.cs:879)
    Battlehub.RTEditor.WindowManager:Start() (at Assets/Battlehub/RTEditor/Scripts/WindowManager.cs:368)

36. theonerm2_unity

theonerm2_unity

Nevermind I updated text mesh pro and that fixed my problem.

37. Yavvn

Yavvn

Any timeline on HDRP support?

38. jhjoo_unity

jhjoo_unity

I am currently using DockPanel...

As far as I know, DockPanel provides the 'Load Layout' function.
    Doesn't it provide 'Save Layout' function?

39. hdxpmc

hdxpmc

Hello,
    Is there any documentation for Probuilder and Animation editor ? can we use Probuilder & Animation Editor standalone component as Transform Handles ?

40. Vadim-Andriyanov

Vadim-Andriyanov

Hi, I'm preparing a new release, I've already added support for unity 2020. Could you send your order number or invoice ID by e-mail to Battlehub@outlook.com and I will send you the latest version.

41. Vadim-Andriyanov

Vadim-Andriyanov

Hi, hdrp and universal rp already supported, I'm preparing a new release. You can send me your order number or invoice ID by e-mail to Battlehub@outlook.com and I will send you what I have already.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
    Yavvn likes this.
  42. Vadim-Andriyanov

Vadim-Andriyanov

Hi, try following function:

Code (CSharp):
    1.   public void SaveLayout(string name)
    2.         {
    3.             PersistentLayoutInfo layoutInfo = new PersistentLayoutInfo();
    4.             ToPersistentLayout(m_dockPanels.RootRegion, layoutInfo);
    6.             string serializedLayout = XmlUtility.ToXml(layoutInfo);
    7.             PlayerPrefs.SetString("Battlehub.DockPanel.Layout" + name, serializedLayout);
    8.             PlayerPrefs.Save();
    9.         }
    11.         private void ToPersistentLayout(Region region, PersistentLayoutInfo layoutInfo)
    12.         {
    13.             if (region.HasChildren)
    14.             {
    15.                 Region childRegion0 = region.GetChild(0);
    16.                 Region childRegion1 = region.GetChild(1);
    18.                 RectTransform rt0 = (RectTransform)childRegion0.transform;
    19.                 RectTransform rt1 = (RectTransform)childRegion1.transform;
    21.                 Vector3 delta = rt0.localPosition - rt1.localPosition;
    22.                 layoutInfo.IsVertical = Mathf.Abs(delta.x) < Mathf.Abs(delta.y);
    24.                 if (layoutInfo.IsVertical)
    25.                 {
    26.                     float y0 = Mathf.Max(0.000000001f, rt0.sizeDelta.y - childRegion0.MinHeight);
    27.                     float y1 = Mathf.Max(0.000000001f, rt1.sizeDelta.y - childRegion1.MinHeight);
    29.                     layoutInfo.Ratio = y0 / (y0 + y1);
    30.                 }
    31.                 else
    32.                 {
    33.                     float x0 = Mathf.Max(0.000000001f, rt0.sizeDelta.x - childRegion0.MinWidth);
    34.                     float x1 = Mathf.Max(0.000000001f, rt1.sizeDelta.x - childRegion1.MinWidth);
    36.                     layoutInfo.Ratio = x0 / (x0 + x1);
    37.                 }
    39.                 layoutInfo.Child0 = new PersistentLayoutInfo();
    40.                 layoutInfo.Child1 = new PersistentLayoutInfo();
    42.                 ToPersistentLayout(childRegion0, layoutInfo.Child0);
    43.                 ToPersistentLayout(childRegion1, layoutInfo.Child1);
    44.             }
    45.             else
    46.             {
    47.                 if (region.ContentPanel.childCount > 1)
    48.                 {
    49.                     layoutInfo.TabGroup = new PersistentLayoutInfo[region.ContentPanel.childCount];
    50.                     for (int i = 0; i < region.ContentPanel.childCount; ++i)
    51.                     {
    52.                         Transform content = region.ContentPanel.GetChild(i);
    54.                         PersistentLayoutInfo tabLayout = new PersistentLayoutInfo();
    55.                         ToPersistentLayout(region, content, tabLayout);
    56.                         layoutInfo.TabGroup[i] = tabLayout;
    57.                     }
    58.                 }
    59.                 else if (region.ContentPanel.childCount == 1)
    60.                 {
    61.                     Transform content = region.ContentPanel.GetChild(0);
    62.                     ToPersistentLayout(region, content, layoutInfo);
    63.                 }
    64.             }
    65.         }
    67.         private void ToPersistentLayout(Region region, Transform content, PersistentLayoutInfo layoutInfo)
    68.         {
    69.             layoutInfo.WindowType = "ContentKey";
    71.             Tab tab = Region.FindTab(content);
    72.             if (tab != null)
    73.             {
    74.                 layoutInfo.CanDrag = tab.CanDrag;
    75.                 layoutInfo.CanClose = tab.CanClose;
    76.             }
    77.             layoutInfo.IsHeaderVisible = region.IsHeaderVisible;
    79.         }

Attached Files:

Yavvn likes this.
  43. Vadim-Andriyanov

Vadim-Andriyanov

Hi, I'm updating documentation for new runtime editor release, and I will try to add new sections and some examples on Probuilder, Terrain editor, scripting and animation editor, but as far as I know in current version it is difficult to separate these extensions from runtime editors window system.

44. Ducky-jr

Ducky-jr

Hi, I get this error when I click create
    ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: objectToUndo
    Battlehub.RTHandles.RTHandlesMenu.CreateTransformHandles () (at Assets/Addons/Battlehub/RTHandles/Scripts/Editor/RTHandlesMenu.cs:25)

45. hdxpmc

hdxpmc

Hello,
    We have opened the RTEditor on Unity 2019.4, build for iOS iPhone/iPad. when run on those iPhone/iPad, There is no touch to select component in SceneView, Some exception show in console.
    Is RTEditor usable on mobile touch device ?
    (The transform handle demo run well)

46. jhjoo_unity

jhjoo_unity

Wow.... Thanks... But.....

Where is PersistentLayoutInfo Class, XmlUtility Class..?

47. hdxpmc

hdxpmc

hello,

Test latest package 2.26, compile on Xcode simulator iPad, there is exception:
    InvalidOperationException: Unable to resolve sub-type of: Battlehub.RTSL.Interface.ProjectItem

at ProtoBuf.Meta.MetaType.ApplyDefaultBehaviour () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0

at ProtoBuf.Meta.RuntimeTypeModel.Add (System.Type type, System.Boolean applyDefaultBehaviour) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0

at Battlehub.RTSL.ProtobufSerializer.CreateTypeModel () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0

at Battlehub.RTSL.ProtobufSerializer..cctor () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0

at Battlehub.RTSL.RTSLDeps`1[TID].get_Serializer () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0

at System.Func`1[TResult].Invoke () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0

at Battlehub.RTCommon.IOCContainer.Resolve[T] () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0

at Battlehub.RTSL.FileSystemStorage`1[TID].GetProject (System.String projectName, Battlehub.RTSL.StorageEventHandler`2[T,T2] callback) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0

at Battlehub.RTSL.Project`1[TID].OpenProject (System.String project, Battlehub.RTSL.Interface.OpenProjectFlags flags, Battlehub.RTSL.Interface.ProjectEventHandler`1[T] callback) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0

at Battlehub.RTEditor.RuntimeEditor.Awake () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0

at UnityEngine.Object.Instantiate[T] (T original) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0

at Battlehub.RTCommon.CreateEditor.InstantiateRuntimeEditor () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0

at System.Action.Invoke () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0

at Battlehub.RTCommon.Splash+<>c__DisplayClass2_0.<Show>b__0 () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0

at Battlehub.Utils.AnimationCallback`2[TObj,TValue].Invoke (TObj obj, TValue value, System.Single t, System.Boolean completed) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0

at Battlehub.Utils.Run.Update () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0

Rethrow as TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Battlehub.RTSL.ProtobufSerializer' threw an exception.

at Battlehub.RTSL.RTSLDeps`1[TID].get_Serializer () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0

at System.Func`1[TResult].Invoke () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0

at Battlehub.RTCommon.IOCContainer.Resolve[T] () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0

at Battlehub.RTSL.FileSystemStorage`1[TID].GetProject (System.String projectName, Battlehub.RTSL.StorageEventHandler`2[T,T2] callback) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0

at Battlehub.RTSL.Project`1[TID].OpenProject (System.String project, Battlehub.RTSL.Interface.OpenProjectFlags flags, Battlehub.RTSL.Interface.ProjectEventHandler`1[T] callback) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0

at Battlehub.RTEditor.RuntimeEditor.Awake () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0

at UnityEngine.Object.Instantiate[T] (T original) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0

at Battlehub.RTCommon.CreateEditor.InstantiateRuntimeEditor () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0

at Battlehub.RTCommon.Splash+<>c__DisplayClass2_0.<Show>b__0 () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0

at Battlehub.Utils.AnimationCallback`2[TObj,TValue].Invoke (TObj obj, TValue value, System.Single t, System.Boolean completed) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0

at Battlehub.Utils.Run.Update () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0

48. Vadim-Andriyanov

Vadim-Andriyanov

Hi, you moved it into to "Addons" folder, please set Root to "Addons/Battlehub" in RootPath.cs.

upload_2020-10-7_10-41-30.png

Ducky-jr likes this.
  49. Vadim-Andriyanov

Vadim-Andriyanov

Hi, please try to Build All from Tools->RuntimeSaveLoad->Config

upload_2020-10-7_10-47-13.png

50. Vadim-Andriyanov

Vadim-Andriyanov

Hi, please find XmlUtility in attachments.

Code (CSharp):
    2.     [Serializable]
    3.     public class PersistentLayoutInfo
    4.     {
    5.         public string WindowType;
    6.         public bool IsVertical;
    7.         public PersistentLayoutInfo Child0 = null;
    8.         public PersistentLayoutInfo Child1 = null;
    9.         public float Ratio;
    10.         public bool CanDrag = true;
    11.         public bool CanClose = true;
    12.         public bool CanMaximize = true;