Search Unity

Running Windows app with --full-aot

Discussion in 'Windows' started by cjddmut, Apr 3, 2016.

1. cjddmut

cjddmut

I'm not 100% this is the appropriate forum but seems close enough :p We've ran into some JIT issues on platforms that have JIT disabled. Which is fine, but I'd like to make easier for me to track down the JIT issues without needing to constantly deploy to the platforms just to test out changes.

What I'd really like to do is force the Unity app on Windows to disable JIT so it'll be far quicker to track down issues.

As best I can tell I can't do this within Unity itself (if I can let me know! It'll make it far easier) so I'm trying to run the Unity built game executable with mono.

And there's where I'm getting stuck. Are there are pointers to how I can get the executable produced by Unity to run with full AOT?

2. joncham

joncham

Unity Technologies

Unfortunately there is no way to do this currently. In the future we plan to support IL2CPP for Standalone which would let you track this down more easily.

Note that the executable produced by Unity is a native executable that embeds Mono, not a managed executable that is run with Mono.

3. cjddmut

cjddmut

Thanks for the reply!

4. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

@joncham : Is this still the same case? Is it possible to force AOT compilation on editor/mac?

5. joncham

joncham

Unity Technologies

You can now target IL2CPP on desktop platforms.