Search Unity

Running Simulation on a local cluster

Discussion in 'Unity Simulation' started by Null_Terminator, Oct 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Null_Terminator

Null_Terminator

Hello,

I would like to run Unity in a cluster in order to train a ML model using ML-Agents.

Unity Simulation seems like the right tool for the job, but I have no budget for Unity's cloud.
    I do, however, have access to a local cluster of Linux machines. Is it possible to run Unity Simulation on my own cluster?

Thanks in advance

2. jeffrey_unity538

jeffrey_unity538

Unity Technologies

hi @Null_Terminator - thank you for reaching out. It is possible to dockerize ML-Agents and run a local cluster of Linux machines. We provide some documentation, however, it is not supported officially by the team (https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/ml-agents/blob/master/docs/Using-Docker.md).

Also, we'd love to get your interest to participate in our ML-Agents cloud training alpha. If you are, here is a sign-up link below:

https://create.unity3d.com/ml-agent...4.1342014683.1603728390-1673234459.1566418786

3. Null_Terminator

Null_Terminator

Thanks for the reply!

I will ask our IT if Docker suffices our needs, but I am a little worried about the fact that the documentation you linked is derprecated. Is it reliable?

EDIT: After reading a little bit, it seems that there is no GPU support for the Docker option

I have signed up for the training alpha, looking forward to hearing from you!

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  4. stevenke_unity

stevenke_unity

Locking this thread. Please see the link for the ML-Agents cloud training alpha for more information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.