Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.1 beta is now available.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for insight from anyone who has experience with game testing to help us better Unity. Take our survey here. If chosen to participate you'll be entered into a sweepstake to win an Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. On February 28th the Feedback website will shut down and be redirected to the Unity forums. See the full post for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

Running script to turn off segment scale compensation in Maya 2017 messes up my model

Discussion in 'Animation' started by jessowang, Aug 13, 2018.

1. jessowang

jessowang

Hello! I'm trying to export my rigged model of a flower from Maya 2017 to Unity 2018.1.1f1. It looks like this:

When I exported it as fbx to unity it looked like this:

I figured this was because of the segment scale compensation from Maya so I ran this script to turn it off for all the joints in Maya:
    {
    string $selected[] = `ls -type joint`;
    select -r $selected;
    }

string $sel[] = `ls -sl`;
    string $singleJnt;
    for ($singleJnt in $sel)
    {
    setAttr ($singleJnt + ".segmentScaleCompensate") 0;
    }

But now in Maya it looks like the messed up version as well.
    Is it possible to turn off segment scale compensate in Maya and preserve my model? Or do I just have to redo it....

2. Martawen

Martawen

Since noone replied...

Sadly I can't help (would be rather late as well), but I have pretty much the same question... Maybe asking this question again will make someone answer who might know? Or maybe you fond a solution by yourself?

I would be so glad if someone could help, because it's awful to have to do a lot of rigging again...