Search Unity

Running Quest : Endless Runner / Action-RPG Hybrid. A runner w/ meat on it's bones!

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Selosoft, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Selosoft

Selosoft

$iTunesArtwork.png

Selosoft, Inc. is please to introduce "Running Quest," an Endless Runner / Action-RPG Hybrid. My name is Sterling and I am the creator/developer behind the game and my goal was to create an endless runner with some depth. There is a unique battle system, level-up system, armor, weapon and ability upgrade system and dozens of enemies, obstacles and challenges.

The purpose of the game centers around improving your character. You will gain XP and coin by killing enemies. As you level up you can buy new armor sets, weapons, abilities etc with the coin you earn, but you must be of certain level to use those upgraded pieces. The better your character becomes the longer you can survive, and the more you can see and experience in the game.

There are 4 different stats in the game:
    Hit Points, Power, Damage, and Thievery. I won't go into these now, but we have a unique stats and abilities system set up where every stat truly does matter.

Not all enemies are just a standard tap and kill. There is several different types of AI in the game. Some enemies throw things at you, others run at you, others charge, others shoot fire at you. It all depends on where you are in the game. For instance, one minute a knight might ride up to you on a horse and slash at you and the very next second a dragon flies overhead and tries to burn you to a crisp.

There is nothing in the game to hold you back from progressing (no timers, lockouts etc). It does become challenging to level up and you will need to put some time in, but that's what makes the game fun to me. It's no pushover. The great thing is that you can pick up and play for a minute and accomplish something, even if it's just a little more xp towards your next level. Then you can put it down and leave feeling satisfied, knowing you're one step closer to the end-game.

The game is packed full of enemies, and one very unique boss fight once you make your way to the 4th world.

The game plays a lot like Temple Run 2, with winding paths and elevation changes, but definitely has its own feel and is packed full of surprises.

"Running Quest" is inspired by several of my favorite RPG's including Elder Scrolls, Everquest, Final Fantasy and Baldur's Gate.

In "Running Quest" you are not running from some crazy enemy. You are chasing a rogue named Nimus, who is hell-bent on destroying your world. Once you arrive at the Clockwork Factory the fight against Nimus is truly unique, and I'll have to leave it at that for now .

Please have a look at the video (click the link above) and follow along as we release more details in the coming months. There is so much more to this game than meets the eye, but we hope you find this video a nice introduction to the game.

2. Glader

Glader

It's looking great so far.

3. Selosoft

Selosoft

Thanks Glader, about 4 months left till release is what I'm planning. I spend nearly every waking moment working on this game and most of my time is currently being spent polishing up the boss fight and integrating/animating the new UI. Once this is done it's going to be all about beefing up the graphics and presentation.

4. iWoundPwn

iWoundPwn

This looks way better than Temple Run! Looking forward to the release!

5. Selosoft

Selosoft

Ty :) It's got quite a bit more depth than the typical endless runner. Really striving to incorporate a lot of new elements into the genre