Search Unity

Running panda animation and problems

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Starsman Games, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Starsman Games

Starsman Games

I have been toying around with animation lately. I did this fat panda model with a running animation. It works perfectly fine inside of blender.

See here: http://www.starsmangames.com/test/pandatest/pandatest.html

Problem is importing it into Unity. When in Unity, the animation distorts the head, it gets alternately stretched front and sideways.

This only happens when I rotate the head in such a way that it looks forward while the body turns while running. If I remove the head rotation to counter the body rotation the stretching stops, but then the head turns with the body and I really not like how that looks.

So what am I dealing with here? An import bug on Unity? Bug in blender? Something I am overseeing in the bone configuration?

I attached the blender model file with the animation along with the weblayer, just look for the Download Blender file link under the webplayer.

Thanks in advance for any feedback and tips.

2. n0mad

n0mad

Really looks like a bone weight error ^^

3. Starsman Games

Starsman Games

If you are talking about what I think, I did assign automatically all bones to mesh based on bone weight but then proceeded to edit some areas, head included, so that only the bone I wanted affected the area at all.

4. Starsman Games

Starsman Games

OK I think I fixed my issue in a way I didn't want to even attempt.... duplicated the armature, deleted the old one (this way I was 100% sure every single object was cleared of any parenting) and reasigned it. Didnt do much different this time around so I have no clue what went wrong the first time.

Annoing part is now I have to do all the tiny painting details I did last time. /sigh.

This is like the third time Blender forces me to do this, although first time it manifests this way.