Search Unity

running multi user game on the cloud

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by ofer_ohayon, Nov 12, 2019.

1. ofer_ohayon

ofer_ohayon

Hi,

I am building a multi-users game, using the NetwrokManger. The workflow is like that: User A starts the application. Next, User B (that is in the same domain) opens his application, on his machine, provides the ip & ports of user A's machine, and joins the game.

Question 1: Though User B successfully joins the game, Why do I fail to connect via telnet from user B's machine, providing the ip+port of user A? .

Question 2: When User A starts the application on Amazon's machine, Why user B (outside the domain) can't join the game? I have opened the ports of the Amazon machine to the world, and a simple (non-unity) server that I wrote, accepts request from user B's machine (so it must not be a firewall issue, I guess).

Regards,
    Ofer.

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Q1: Unet uses UDP by default. Telnet is a TCP based tool, not UDP. While both TCP and UDP use a similar ports scheme, they are entirely separate from each other.

Q2: Might still be a firewall issue if you're confusing TCP and UDP still. If you opened a TCP port the port can still be closed for UDP for example.

ofer_ohayon and MrsPiggy like this.
  3. ofer_ohayon

ofer_ohayon

thank you . this solved my problem.