Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Running game in non-native resolutions broken?

Discussion in '5.2 Beta' started by Alessaint, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Alessaint

Alessaint

Has anyone else tried running any game (even a new empty project) in other than native resolution (fullscreen)?

In editor the camera fills the screen regardless of its size, in build game it gets strangely stretched (but not to screen borders) and is moved upwards (see the attached picture).

Tested on several computers (all are dual monitor systems) - the apps build in Unity 4.x work correctly.

Or perhaps I'm missing something obvious?

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Zuntatos

Zuntatos

3. DavidErosa

DavidErosa

I came to the forum because of this same problem. I'm also on a dual monitor setup, but I disconnected one of them and still getting the same error: Changing the resolution in-game messes the screen both fullscreen and windowed. I'll go back to 5.1 because this totally breaks my game settings screen :(

4. Zuntatos

Zuntatos

So my bug report got reproduced, than it got marked duplicate, and it's neither fixed nor acknowledged in the 'known issues' almost 2 months later o_O

P.S, using triple monitors here.

5. movra

movra

What surprises me is that there are not a ton of other people reporting the same issue. Even though I tested the issue in virtual machines with fresh Windows installations, getting the same result every time. It's the single most basic thing you can do with Unity.
    1. Create a new default empty project
    2. Build
    3. Run
    4. Play!
    upload_2015-8-22_14-9-8.png

The launcher always defaults to 1024x768 even though the desktop resolution is set to a different supported resolution. You can see in the task bar that the registry editor is open, because I've deleted all the keys from the previous time I ran this test.

Anyway, when you press Play! as so many people will likely blindly do...

upload_2015-8-22_14-9-16.png

6. Zuntatos

Zuntatos

<pic of VM with one display>

Mmm, seems the issue exists on single monitors as well then

7. movra

movra

Definitely. I've just tested it on an older physical Win 7 32-bit machine, AMD 4850e CPU and Radeon HD 3200 integrated GPU, connected to a 1280x1024 monitor. Same result as the Win 8.1 VM above.

Here's a DX9 screenshot from that PC. DX11 is same as above.

upload_2015-8-22_20-35-7.png

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015