Search Unity

Running editor in Lubuntu, cannot access default assets

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Th3T3chn0C0d3r, May 24, 2020.

1. Th3T3chn0C0d3r

Th3T3chn0C0d3r

Heyo, new here so sorry if I am missing some sort of convention,

I am trying to follow a basic tutorial which tells me to import a series of packages but my "import packages" menu only contains the option to "import custom package". I have tried going to the asset store to obtain them but clicking the "Open in Unity" button doesn't do anything and the hub + editor show no changes.

Is this a bug or am I missing some setup process.

Running Unity 2019.3.14f1 in Lubuntu 20.04

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Using the asset store from within Unity doesn't work since it doesn't capture my keyboard so I can't search for any asset packages - in other words I can't type into it

EDIT 2: I downloaded the package manually from github and added it but now there are missing functions and deprecation warnings and none of the packages I've seen referenced before(such as camera controller) are present so I don't think this counts as a fix

EDIT 3: Can't find the thing anywhere and all the tutorials I see online have a completely different hub which offers to import packages - if they are going to provide a Linux version it should honestly *work* as a minimum :/

EDIT 4: I take it that the standard package is no longer available - I installed unity in a VM and there was still nothing there - RIP me IG

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  2. Th3T3chn0C0d3r

Th3T3chn0C0d3r