Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Running edit mode tests under an IL2CPP build?

Discussion in 'Testing & Automation' started by QFSW, Dec 11, 2019.

1. QFSW

QFSW

I have a lot of tests for my plugin, some of which would fail on IL2CPP but work fine under mono
    Is it possible to run these tests (they're not play mode as they don't do anything involving scenes or any kind of game state) under an IL2CPP configuration?

2. liortal

liortal

IL2CPP is not in use while working in the editor so i dont think it would be possible.

What kind of failures are you seeing ?

3. QFSW

QFSW

Even if it required making a build I'd be fine with it

All issues I'm fully aware of as they do things currently un supported by il2cpp (in specific, invoking a generic function from reflection with generic value types)
    But it would be very useful to be able to run my tests and see exactly what does and doesn't work instead of having to work it out in my head

4. liortal

liortal

What prevents you from running them as playmode tests and building a player that will execute them?

5. QFSW

QFSW

Nothing makes it impossible, which is why this isn't a big deal and more of a want than a need, it's just that making them all play mode tests when they don't really need to be would be quite tedious and would make running tests a lot slower, but not a huge deal