Search Unity

Question Running Android Application on Chromebook

Discussion in 'Android' started by mekartikshah, Jul 20, 2020.

1. mekartikshah

mekartikshah

First of all I know that Chromebook is not officially supported by Unity, but new Chromebook supports Application installation support from play store.

I am trying to run my education application on Chromebook, I am successfully able to run it on Chromebook but my graphics became very stretchy and it's looking blurry.

Sample video about my problem, if it helps.

Here are the specs of my Chromebook
    CPU : Intel Celeron N4000 @ 1.10 GHz
    RAM : 4GB
    GPU : Intel® UHD Graphics 600

Read more about processor : https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...-processor-n4000-4m-cache-up-to-2-60-ghz.html

Here are some things, which I think may causing the issue.
    1. Graphic card is not good enough to render - the chances of this being the problem seems very low to me.
    2. Maybe some settings to make it work perfectly in Chromebook.
    3. Maybe there are some resolution change with my Chromebook which I can change from settings? I tried searching web but not able to find any solution.

I tried it running on big screen android simulation and it's working just fine in all the resolution.

I am not sure what causing this issue, can anyone help me here?

2. mekartikshah

mekartikshah

Thanks, everyone who looked at the matter, I solved the problem by enabling "Full-screen mode" in Unity player settings.

Why did this problem happen?

• The main problem is the resolution, The default resolution of mobile and Chrome OS is different and there is no way to know the resolution of Chrome OS and that's why I have to go forward with mobile resolution and when I maximize it - instead of changing resolution it's just stretching the current window.
    • Now When I enable "Full-Screen Mode" in Player Settings - it taking default Chrome resolution and working just fine.